Jay29
RealGunner
Sri
37 posters

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

Pre-season 2012-13 Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: Pre-season 2012-13 Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Podolski didn't really look comfortable as a LW - always had to make a backpass or lose the ball as he couldn't dribble or link-up from there, he has instincts of a striker I don't think he should play there again unless he improves in that respect. His best came when moved centrally here and there.

And before someone brings World Cup 2010, he has changed his game since then basically done a "van Persie".

I thought Giroud and Cazorla were more convincing than Poldi against Köln mostly because they played in their preferred position.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
I didnt say he played badly (and i havent even watched the second half), i just didnt think he looked unbelievable or anything. To me, cazorla looked special, compare his performance with podolski and you can see a big difference in quality. When i watch football i call it how i see it, i dont bother trying to put a positive spin on anything, and what i saw from podolski was good but not special, simple as that. Cazorlas passing and moving was far more promising for us than podolski's 2 goals

You didn't even say he was good, you said he was 'decent' and 'nothing special'. I don't know how much better he can do on his debut. Your standards must be exceptionally high if two goals and an assist isn't special. The two goals were enough to instill some confidence in us the fans, but I'm not sure that if you saw the assist that you'd be appeased which surprises me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just don't think you really watched him. He was instrumental in the build up to his second goal and Ox winning his penalty. He was great on his debut.

Giroud was decent and did well to constantly announce his aerial dominance and use it to win some headers. He was unlucky not to score, their GK was pretty good.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:53 pm

So who's gonna start at RB against Sunderland in your opinion guys?
I'm not quite sold on Jenkinson and Coquelin performances in midfield have impressed me, and in my opinion he's the guy who should get the nod over Jenkinson.

I think Coquelin had the same game as Song, maybe ever more difficult down to the fact that Song came on when the game was done and dusted.

But there's one more guy I'm interested in, and that's none other than Nico Yennaris. Yesterday's game showed us he can be a player who has future at this club.

He never went playing Dani Alves like Jenks does and rarely has problems with lapses of concentration like Le Coq.

He didn't look out of place when defending and his overall enthusiasm and hard work impressed me.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw our the little Cypriot/Chinese/English gunner on the right flank of our defence come Sunday. Cool

Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:55 pm

I think we should keep Nico until Sanga is back and then send him to loan to a PL club so he could gain some experience
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Rev wrote:So who's gonna start at RB against Sunderland in your opinion guys?
I'm not quite sold on Jenkinson and Coquelin performances in midfield have impressed me, and in my opinion he's the guy who should get the nod over Jenkinson.

I think Coquelin had the same game as Song, maybe ever more difficult down to the fact that Song came on when the game was done and dusted.

But there's one more guy I'm interested in, and that's none other than Nico Yennaris. Yesterday's game showed us he can be a player who has future at this club.

He never went playing Dani Alves like Jenks does and rarely has problems with lapses of concentration like Le Coq.

He didn't look out of place when defending and his overall enthusiasm and hard work impressed me.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw our the little Cypriot/Chinese/English gunner on the right flank of our defence come Sunday. Cool

Apart from Sagna our full back option are awful, question marks everywhere . The likes Of bale, Valencia, Nani, James Mclean will be licking their lips
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:31 pm

Yennaris for me. Jenkinson Doesn't exactly fill me up with confidence.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Szczesny
Yennaris Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs
Arteta Song
Gervinho Chamberlain Podolski
van Persie
All this considering that Koscielny's and Oxlade-Chamberlain's 'injuries' aren't serious, and the likes of Vermaelen and van Persie aren't called-up for the Belgium - Netherland friendly wednesday (I don't really know if they're).
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Wenger: "Podolski will be in the squad against Sunderland, but he is not 100% fit. I don't know if he will start." - http://bit.ly/Nuq7s6
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24