Kick
Amar
dostoevsky
Ganso
Milantildeath
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What will you do with the money part 2! Empty What will you do with the money part 2!

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:56 am

Now that it's practically a reality what will you do with the 65mil (could be 70mil I've heard that as well) that we will receive for Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. It's either the smartest move we have ever done, or a complete ticket to the Europa League. I think it can be good for us, not only do we receive a heft chunk of cash, but we also save 108mil which to me is a something that people have not considered. First, Zlatan is 31 years old and as we all know a "world traveler" to say the least or in meaner terms a mercenary. He was most likely going to leave next year for free so we might as well sell him while we can and 25mil for a 31 year old is good business if you ask me. Yes, he scored a lot of goals and was a focal point of our team, but we played according to him and not as a team. Pato was hindered every time he played with Zlatan because he slowed the game down so much that it was near impossible for Pato to do one of his explosive displays. He doesn't track back at, and had shitty attitude to other players and his teammates. Don't get me wrong he is a great player, but I think that Carlos Tevez will be much more of a player that we want. Tevez's bulldog like style and tireless running is something that can really compliment Pato and Cassano, he also works for his team while he plays. He is younger and will be around longer. Next, Thiago Silva. He is going to be very hard to replace, but there was a Milan before him and there will be a Milan after him. I don't know if you all remember, but Silva was a regular Brazilian center back that was rejected in Europe once before, but had "potential" Milan used his technical and physical ability and transferred him into the best center back in the world. When we first got Thiago we didn't play him until he was "ready".Ogbonna has technical ability and BETTER physical attributes than Thiago Silva and under Tassotti who I think is the best defensive coach on the planet (look what he did with Abate and Thiago Silva) I think that Ogbonna and Acerbi can flourish. So with all that said here is what I'd do with the money.

Out:
Thiago Silva
Ibrahimovic

IN:
Tevez
Veratti
Ogbonna

Tevez will be ours easily for 20-25mil, Verratti 13-15mil and Ogbonna for 15-20. We would still have money left over and would have a real strong team for the future. We will need to find a way to have PSG back out of the Veratti transfer (maybe two of our best players are enough) and we WILL have the NEXT Pirlo! I think it would be a great investment for the future, check out this squad.

------------------------------Abbiati
Abate-------------Acerbi----------------Ogbonna-------------Didac

------------------------------Veratti
-------------------Montolivo-------------Nocerino

-------------------------------Prince
-------------------Cassano/Pato-----Tevez
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

What will you do with the money part 2! Empty Re: What will you do with the money part 2!

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:01 am

Damn,there should be no part 2.No I would do the same thing.initially i wanted dede to replace TS since he is quality and very similar to TS but he has just renewed his contract.really hope we get ogbonna,has been hyped a lot.not sure how realistic a verrati move would be
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

What will you do with the money part 2! Empty Re: What will you do with the money part 2!

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:04 am

Ganso wrote:Damn,there should be no part 2.No I would do the same thing.initially i wanted dede to replace TS since he is quality and very similar to TS but he has just renewed his contract.really hope we get ogbonna,has been hyped a lot.not sure how realistic a verrati move would be

Ya the Veratti one for me is a dream, but we have been linked before. You should know better than most what about that young DM from brazil Casemiro. How likely of us getting him?
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:11 am

We haven't been linked at all with him.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:13 am

Ganso wrote:We haven't been linked at all with him.

we were linked with him in the last tranfer window. Who knows maybe we can be surprised.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:20 am

I would love Verratti regardless of what happens, however it seems highly unrealistic and I envision only two possible moves for his career at this stage, a trip to Paris or a stay in Pescara.

That's all I shall comment on for the moment, as I refuse to say anything else until this is official.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:35 am

Well it depends a shitload on how much the management will be putting aside to help deal with the dire financial situation.

As an outsider I think your front line is fine tbh...Pato, Cassano, and Robinho should be able to carry the attack.

Huge, huge gaping hole in the back though, needs to be addressed ASAP.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:55 am

Balance the BooksWhat will you do with the money part 2! G10
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:47 am

maybe tevez will arrive, but i m hoping ogbonna or astori will come atleast. and maybe a fullback but not like dossena.

we still need to sell guys like mesbah officially and get rid of taiwo.

veratti is way too ambitious given PSG wants him. allegri is disillusioned to have a midfield department full of defensive minded players. so im praying atleast some midfielder with technical expertise comes.

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:07 am

I think Veratti is closer to Juve/PSG than Milan.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:09 am

I'll humour this thread for now...

First purchase would be Dede. If not Dede, Ogbonna it is. Then move for Tevez. If we have some dough left over, Hernanes or Ganso.

F**k balancing the books
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:36 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I'll humour this thread for now...

First purchase would be Dede. If not Dede, Ogbonna it is. Then move for Tevez. If we have some dough left over, Hernanes or Ganso.

F**k balancing the books

yeah f...k balancing the books. the last time they did with kaka the subscription went so poor. after all kaka sale gave us just profit of what something like 7 million that year. and we lost awful lot in lack of attendance. this season could be worse.

atleast we were getting rid of wages with contract revision with some guys. but its appaling that galliani gave payrise to yepes, robinho payrise due to his contract clause perhaps, muntari purchase uncessariy given we renewed flamini contract anyway.

they are just looking at short term here. this financial problem will keep on coming back. then who will milan look to sell??? sell tevez just after buying him in 2 years??? even if we get ogbonna or whoever if this trouble keep coming.

galliani and his financial advisors, are they even doing their homework. or are they just looking everything by the end of the season and just make some stupid f..k decision within 2 days?

oh ... read that dede has renewed contract. tevez might come but when i was watching espnsoccernet review when steve nicol said given how bad milan has put in position themselves into, will tevez be convinced by the current project to join us?

this is the worst summer ever. this is even worse than a year when we sold kaka.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:43 am

Amar wrote:Well it depends a shitload on how much the management will be putting aside to help deal with the dire financial situation.

As an outsider I think your front line is fine tbh...Pato, Cassano, and Robinho should be able to carry the attack.

Huge, huge gaping hole in the back though, needs to be addressed ASAP.

they never pay attention to weakness. we had fullback issues since what maldini retired. even then when maldini was playing it was issue, and to this day it hasnt been sorted out.

in the midfield area, we have guys with just s..tload of power with workrate but no brain . .... ok bar montolivo. no creativity ...

in the front, we had zlatan, but when money is the issue, in normal circumstances, before selling best players, one would think to get rid of players who havent done well. robinho mesbah taiwo antonini u name it list goes on.

but oh no... its all club politics. whoever gets the biggest salary lets get rid of them. ok granted ibra earns s..t load of money with us.

but i remember before we bought ibra and when he was inter, and eto was in barca and barca were looking to sell him in guardiola era, and when we were linked to media, galliani says, oh milan cant afford to buy eto because we cant afford eto 8 million a year demands. then a year later we buy ibra negotiating his yearly salary of 9 million a year ...

that makes galliani the biggest hypocrite ever!

so speaking of dealing with dire financial situation, there are so much problem within management before the squad. the club is a mess from boardroom.

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:50 am

JespSwe wrote:oh ... read that dede has renewed contract.

That obviously means nothing nowadays
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:02 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
JespSwe wrote:oh ... read that dede has renewed contract.

That obviously means nothing nowadays

means now vasco da gama can raise his price tag given he just renewed his contract.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:14 am

with ibra gone actually who knows VDV can come to milan hehehe. ok this is too much exaggeration but, VDV seems to hate him to guts.

... maybe..

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:43 am

Dede, Astori, Hernanes, Tevez.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by forza.milan Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:22 am

The first thing we must remember is that we are lucky to have a man such as Galliani running the club. This man may lie to us all often, he may not be transparent and he may not be conventional but Adriano is a man who has brought us many titles over many years and knows how the transfer market works. Even after Kaka' left us, even after Shevchenko was sold, Milan still continued on with their same traditions and class, always winning along the way.

The thing, though, that makes Galliani stand out above all others is his insane ability to read the mind of Silvio, deal with all his quirks (something Leonardo and even Maldini were unable to do), and then use what Berlusconi does give him, transfer and wage budget wise, and make a competitive team with it. The same, I believe, will happen in this transfer window. This man is known to pull magic out of his hat on occasion after occasion. Milan will survive.

There is no doubt that the Italian Serie A is at it's worst level since the current format of the competition exists. There are also few doubts that the upcoming season will be one of spectacular failure, in Europe and domestically. The country is in financial tatters, the management, both the FIGC and the Italian government, have been unable to address the most pressing of issues in the Italian game and due to these factors, the quality of the game has decreased progressively and we now stand where we are today as a result.

Milan lost close to €140m over the last two years. Sales were imminent. What pains me though and disappoints me most of all is the lack of passion showed. FFP allows clubs to have a loss variance of €30m in the first three years and then less after that. Milan, losing €70m the last financial year and then cutting loose close to €40m off the astronomical wage budget, would have fallen into these parameters, if only just, over the next reporting period. There was no need to sell.

That is, unless Berlusconi's desire was to do one of two things - clear the €200m+ debt that has accumulated during his ownership of the club, or, and this is the thought that hurts the most, he wishes Milan to make a profit for the next season, a profit which he will then withdraw from the coffers of the club and take into his personal investment fund to make up for the Mondadori ruling and partially fund his rumored new run for presidency.

That theory is made up of mostly rumors and my own deductions and that is why my words cannot be taken for granted, but read into it what you wish.

The flip side to that is that there is the possibility that Silvio's rumored new run for presidency will require an increase in popularity. I'm sure some of the older members of this forum, Iras, BigBoban, Dosto, know that this means Berlusconi will attempt to do this through a major signing, a present to the fans, if you wish. It makes little sense, though, to precede such a venture with these two sales and so this scenario is a highly unlikely one.

What a good, forward thinking owner would do is force the sales to remove two of the highest earners at the club, use the money to clear some of the accrued debt and replace the departures with young players of high potential who are cost effective and do this for a sustained period of time until the club is self sufficient. From there, the squad would be steadily improved to the point where an assault on Europe is ready.

But what we all know is that is not how Berlusconi operates and that is why I want him out. He has the best trasnfer director in the world, yet is making him look like Alessio Secco. This cannot go on. Don Silvio has disgraced our club with his antics and controversies. Milan used to resemble all that is class. Now, with the laughing stock Silvio at the helm and loose lipped Allegri making the fans stand red faced more often than ever before, an image of a classy Milan cannot be more untrue.

Transparency. It is something that the fans have longed for for a long time and something that we have never been given. Lie after lie, Milan fans have been made to look like fools by their own management. Offering Thiago Silva a new contract, making a massive deal of our president charitability and then selling the man he so graciously kept only a week later paints a picture of a club devoid of class. That word class again....

Now comes the part of my post that is purely my opinion, speculation and not much more.

Suposing we will invest half of what we earn from the transfer and that the squad still needs to be reduced by another 3 players like Galliani, Allegri and Tassoti have said, this is what I would do with the money.

Out:
Zlatan and Thiago = €70m. No words.
Taiwo and Mesbah = €5m. With Abate and Didac as starter with De Sciglio and Antonini as backups, full back is one of the position where we can cut some fat. Mesbah to Torino looks done for €1.5m and Taiwo has been linked with Benfica and English clubs often. €3.5m is a minimum.
Robinho = €15m. Even now that Zlatan looks to be gone, Robinho is one of our most marketable players but also one of our highest paid and most ineffective, on the pitch, players. With Malaga seemingly interested, now would be a good time to cash in.
Total = €90m

The transfer policy I would apply would be to bring in young talent, proved at a decent level already, preferably Italian, that will mature when this project that I would bring in would peak.

In:
Destro = €10m. With Roma looking to close a deal for the Siena man, we would have to move fast and he would not be cheap. Without Zlatan we don't have a target man and Mattia showed he can be that in his breakthrough season. Young, Italian, good technique and header - what's not to like?
Astori = €10m. A former Milan man and a defender I have admired for a very long time. We are one CB short of a somewhat solid makeshift defense and he is about as good as young(ish) Italian defenders come. Bocchetti an alternative. Ogbonna is an alternative.
Verratti = €10m. I don't think much needs to be said. We need a player to play in front of the defense and Allegri has said how he would like a playmaker for that position so if we have the money, go for it.
El Kaddouri = €4m. Showed incredible potential in Serie B last season for Brescia. More than just the name make him and El Shaarawy similar.
Total = €34m

Net revenue from transfers = €56m #FFP

Milan 2012/13
Abbiati
Abate - Mexes - Astori - Didac
Verratti
Nocerino - Montolivo
Boateng
Pato - Destro

No, Mexes is not ideal for the heart of defence. Yes, Didac still is an unknown quantity of sorts. But these next few season look like they will be ones of compromise. Might as well start from next season. On paper, is that side really much worse than a Juventus side, who lack even one world class striker and whose starting left back is currently De Ceglie? I believe that UCL qualification is a bare minimum for such a side and could even give a surprise Scudetto challenge if the team stays healthy. We are all witnesses to what Pato and Boateng can do when fit.

Milan 2014/15
Gabriel
De Sciglio - Acerbi - Astori - Didac
Verratti
Boateng - Montolivo
El Kaddouri
Pato - Destro / El Shaarawy

A potential future side. Not so bad, is it?

Re Tevez: would be a ridiculous trasnfer operation. Won't happen because Man City, Mancini and Tevez made peace at the end of last season, he earns only slightly less than Zlatan and would cost a lot of money too. MAKES THE ZLATAN SALE LOOK ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS

Whatever happens, it will be interesting.

This is only the second transfer market incident this summer. I assure you there will be at least two more.

Also, I'm sure you all know who I am so this will be my first and last post. Ciao Milanisti, stay faithful.
forza.milan
forza.milan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:33 am

A very nice read, forza.milan, welcome, a fantastic first post.

I'll maintain my silence until this is official rather than discuss the finer details now, however a very fine post which sums up the section's thoughts very nicely I'm sure.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:56 am

I don't think Thiago Silva will join QSG (if it's not official already), can't see it happening in the end.

Replacing Ibra: Signing Tevez makes little sense as AC Milan are selling Ibrahimovic because of his wages and age, Tevez is no different. Destro would be a good signing though.

Abiatti
Abate Silva Mexes/Acerbi Vila
New DM/Traore
Nocerino Montolivo
Boateng
Pato Cassano
Pretty strong team I think, all this without spending much (only a DM and Destro). There's still El Sharaawy, Destro and Robinho coming from the bench.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:31 pm

there is new report suggesting we might look for papadopoulous. get him!!!! seen him playing for schalke 04. i would be more than happy if we get him than rolando.

the first time i saw him was in CL, then few times when watching bundesliga. and on all these occassion he has been pretty impressive. he is definitely worth buying. and he is just 20 years old!

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:47 pm

I watch Bundesliga regularly and Papadopoulous is a beast, but I don't know if Schalke 04 are willing to sell. Maybe if the right offer comes they'll tolerate pirat
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Kaka smoking
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Galliani knows only too well that he and his boss just MUST do something to ease the pain on fans, and also save the season ticket campaign... Now who can they buy to do that?
That's right: KaKa.

Then, of course, the gap left from TS's departure will be filled, but who gives a shit who comes? Astori, Ogbonna, Papadopoulos, Rolando, Dede, whatever. This won't cost more than 10.

And hey, I wonder, now that we're going after rich people's leftovers, why not Kolo, Yaya's bro? He's pretty experienced and really out of favor, Galliani gotta love this.

We will also choose between Ganso and an anchorman.

There are opportunities for opportunists like Adri G to work wonders, my guess is Kolarov, De Jong and one between Sahin and Lass.

There are free stuff like Tymoschuk too, who knows?

My list:

Kolarov (loan+option)
Some CB (10m)

De Jong (loan+option) / (10m)
Sahin/Lass (loan+option) / (10m)
Aquilani (free)
Tymoschuk (free)

Kaka (loan+option) / (12m)

Dzeko (loan+option) / (15m)
Destro (instead of Robinho)
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Well IF Silva and Ibra is sold this is the most best thing that can be done with the money in a realistic point of view.

Get either Dede or Ogbonna
Get Ganso for Money+Robinho
Get Destro
Astori for free, he is availible in a Bosman, surprised this has not happened yet
Try to get Sahin on loan, Veratti if move to PSG falls through in a coownership.
Try to get Dzeko on loan, this will only happen if RVP joins Man City.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next