What are your expectations of PSG in this upcoming season?

+40
urbaNRoots
Lord Hades
OLpower
Zero
Mr Nick09
Lord Awesome
S
pUsHa
bvb_11
Motogp69
7amood11
forza.milan
white_star
Zealous
nh01
fatman123
Kick
dostoevsky
Tomwin Lannister
BarrileteCosmico
Gil
free_cat
justdoit_
VanDeezNuts
juventus101
Luca
RealGunner
spanky
The Messiah
Ganso
Onyx
sportsczy
Swanhends
Yeezus
jibers
Rebaño Sagrado
Pedram
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Die Borussen
the xcx
44 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

What are your expectations of PSG in this upcoming season? - Page 5 Empty Re: What are your expectations of PSG in this upcoming season?

Post by Zealous Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:18 am

Milan's refusal to rebuild the team is well documented you're making it look like Carlo had unlimited resources that is simply not true.

Mancini is a good manager who I rate but Carlo gives PSG an advantage in Europe not many would deny that.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

What are your expectations of PSG in this upcoming season? - Page 5 Empty Re: What are your expectations of PSG in this upcoming season?

Post by fatman123 Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:30 am

funny how everyone brushes off Carlos first season at Chelsea as a fluke, but then cream themselves when they think about AVBs season at Porto and will argue tirelessly to assure everyone its a sign of his limitless qualities as a manager but wont give Carlo the same treatment despite Carlo having singnificantly more manergierial success

GL :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:35 am

I could argue you are using Carlo's CL success to cover up his shortcomings in the league tbh....

Also Mancini won the league during Carlo's time at Milan if he had no competition at the time then what was Carlo doing?

Again, very poor excuses.

Zeal, 1 league in 9 years is not the result of refusing to re-invest that was the case over a few years but not 9 years.

I don't care what the excuses are if Carlo is as good as you all say he is, then 1 league in 9 years is simply not good enough.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:44 am

European success >>>>> Domestic success and by a healthy margin.

Ancelotti has a very good amount of European success, and a fair amount of domestic success.

Mancini has 0 European success and hasn't even come close to achieving it, but has a good amount of domestic success.

Ancelotti > Mancini

No excuses, just common sense.

7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:21 am

7amood11 wrote:European success >>>>> Domestic success and by a healthy margin.

Ancelotti has a very good amount of European success, and a fair amount of domestic success.

Mancini has 0 European success and hasn't even come close to achieving it, but has a good amount of domestic success.

Ancelotti > Mancini

No excuses, just common sense.

I don't agree that European success is much greater than league. The league is much much tougher to win than the CL where luck plays a big factor.

That being said, i do think Ancelloti is better than Mancini.

However, PSG still won't do well in the CL this season. They might win the league though.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:33 am

PSG should be able to win Ligue 1 with such a squad but you could never know with these things since money really doesn't guarantee success. As for the UCL, all depends on their group which would probably be a rather hard one to come out of.

As for the whole Mancini - Carlo arguments, Carlo's domestic record is pretty bad but reaching 3 UCL finals while winning 2 of them tends to be favoured greatly. Also, Carlo > Mancini, not infinitely better or can't even compare, just is simply a better manager...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:52 am

European success is based on luck, domestic success isnt....

Also 1 league in 9 years isn't what i'd call a fair amount of success.

And taking PSG over when they were running away with the league and losing it is not what i'd call a fair amount of success either.

As i said i'm not saying Mancini is better all i said the fact he has won more leagues and cups is a basis for why Ancelotti's success is overrated.

Your willing to ignore the fact Mancini's Inter dominated Ancelotti's Milan and willing to ignore the fact Ancelotti won 1 league in 9 years at Milan during a period where Serie A wasnt at it's strongest and the fact after a good first season at Chelsea, he flopped in his second season and the fact he took over from PSG when they were top and he let Montpellier overtake them.

So fair enough, but i'm not willing to ignore that.

You cant be considered a great manager at a top club in my eyes if you cant even consistently win your own league.

Also Rijkaard has won the CL, is he better than Mancini?

There's so many poor coaches who have won CL's compared to brilliant ones like Wenger who havent.

Because you have CL success doesnt automatically make you a better coach than someone else.

Whether any of you want to accept this or not, outside of CL Ancelotti's record is very very poor for the players he has had at his disposal over the years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:06 pm

He's a shite manager. Only one League title with the likes of Sheva, Seedorf, Maldini, Cafu etc is disgraceful.

Couldn't even get it done with the most expensive squad in French football history. Pathetic.

United lost Ronaldo & Tevez. Arsenal are bottlers and Liverpool lost their player of the season. So stop mentioning the PL title he won.

Lampard and Drogba carried him to a League title. Lampard broke a World record for goals scored by a midfielder in a 38 game league season and Drogba had his best ever goalscoring season that year.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:European success is based on luck, domestic success isnt....

Also 1 league in 9 years isn't what i'd call a fair amount of success.

And taking PSG over when they were running away with the league and losing it is not what i'd call a fair amount of success either.

As i said i'm not saying Mancini is better all i said the fact he has won more leagues and cups is a basis for why Ancelotti's success is overrated.

Your willing to ignore the fact Mancini's Inter dominated Ancelotti's Milan and willing to ignore the fact Ancelotti won 1 league in 9 years at Milan during a period where Serie A wasnt at it's strongest and the fact after a good first season at Chelsea, he flopped in his second season and the fact he took over from PSG when they were top and he let Montpellier overtake them.

So fair enough, but i'm not willing to ignore that.

You cant be considered a great manager at a top club in my eyes if you cant even consistently win your own league.

Also Rijkaard has won the CL, is he better than Mancini?

There's so many poor coaches who have won CL's compared to brilliant ones like Wenger who havent.

Because you have CL success doesnt automatically make you a better coach than someone else.

Whether any of you want to accept this or not, outside of CL Ancelotti's record is very very poor for the players he has had at his disposal over the years.

Luck alone will not get you European success, definitely not. You need a good manager and a good squad to achieve that.

If you look at what Ancelotti's done for Milan domestically, then yes it's not too impressive. But if you look at him overall - which we should be doing here - then Ancelotti has had plenty of success for Milan.

Look, if you focus on Ancelotti vs Mancini domestically, yeah I concede that Mancini's better. But if you look at both European and domestic success then it's Ancelotti overall, definitely. He has his shortcomings, but getting to 4 CL semis, 3 finals, and winning it twice should not be overlooked, and it definitely has more weight than what Mancini has done.

Poor coaches have won the CL? I've just looked at the list of managers who won the CL before, and pretty much all of them bar Di Matteo have impressive resumes.

----------------

This is a tiresome discussion and I feel that we've been going around in circles with this. Agree to disagree? hmm
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Rijkaard is a poor coach, his success was mainly down to relationship of his assistant Henk Ten Cate.

In any case yes agree to disagree.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:47 pm

So Di Matteo's a better manager than Mancini then?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:30 am

Ancelotti didn't have a great deal of depth with which to attack the league, however Mole's criticism of the manner in which he handled us in the league is justified to an extent. Carlo's European achievements are being unfairly maligned however in the comparison with Di Matteo. Di Matteo has managed four games for Chelsea in the Champions League. Ancelotti won the Champions League twice, was runner up once, reached the semi-finals another time and in another campaign lost in the quarters through a freak collapse to Deportivo in a year in which we might have otherwise won the competition.

Ancelotti takes as much blame as our management does for our failure to rebuild, there are few coaches in world football as reluctant to use youth as Carlo is, and it went from hesitancy to absolute cowardice over the years. Downplaying Carlo's achievements in getting Chelsea's double is nothing but opportunistic, however it was a wise move to seek to renew the team under someone else's hand, even if the project didn't move smoothly.

His situation at PSG will be very different however. Having essentially bottled the league however, he deserves to have a lot of pressure on his shoulders and if they don't walk Ligue 1 he'll need to achieve something in Europe and it's never going to be easy with so many new elements in the team, regardless of their experience. His squad is hardly flooded with former winners in any case.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:36 am

THey will have a good defense and a good attack and well their midfield is relatively sound. I hope to see them in the Round of 16 in the CL at least.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:30 am

the problem with everyone expecting them to do well in CL is that they will be in pot 4.. so they are pretty much guaranteed to play at least 2 CL heavy weights in their group which is what happened with city last year..

they will be lucky to get 3rd place in their group bringing them to EL especially since they have so many new members to their team - they will take a while to mesh. i think people underestimate this.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:08 am

They could get Milan in the groups lol

Also I think there are a couple of teams PSG can give problems if they click right away.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:17 am

PSG's squad last year was overrated, Ancelotti took over the club at the middle of the season.Also Mancini has almost a 61% win percentage with City while Ancelotti has 60% despite playing with a much weaker squad.Ancelotti too has 2 Champions League titles and has reached the final too while Mancini has never reached the Semi-final of the CL with any team in his managing career.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Dunno, always watched PSG with a keen eye, i am a supporter, not nuts about them like i am with Real. But some of the players that have joined...it's just incredible from my perspective.

I remember how mad i was over Sessegnon going, now he can screw off lol. Ibra makes up for all the scrubs the club has had since Pauleta.

I do expect them to win the league, everyone does, failure would be massive. And since they are the most hated team in France, any misstep will be treated like losing a CL final. As far as the CL, getting to the quarters will be nice. But at the end of the day, whether it takes two years or more, they will get where they want to be, in the conversation as one of europe strongest. People should get used to it by now, no need getting mad over it, no need trying to troll any failing along the way because they will be big at the end of the day. next season is just a step on the way.

From the way people post here, it's like not getting to the round of 16 will break the team apart, Gas will stop flowing in Qatar, and QSI will sell PSG.

hell no b*tches, it's raining money like there is no tomorrow Laughing

What are your expectations of PSG in this upcoming season? - Page 5 Welcomeaupsg

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:13 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:PSG's squad last year was overrated, Ancelotti took over the club at the middle of the season.Also Mancini has almost a 61% win percentage with City while Ancelotti has 60% despite playing with a much weaker squad.

Seriously comparing Mancini's win percantage against one of the best leagues in the world over a 2 and a half year span?

To half a season in Ligue 1?

I mean seriously? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:15 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:PSG's squad last year was overrated, Ancelotti took over the club at the middle of the season.Also Mancini has almost a 61% win percentage with City while Ancelotti has 60% despite playing with a much weaker squad.Ancelotti too has 2 Champions League titles and has reached the final too while Mancini has never reached the Semi-final of the CL with any team in his managing career.
Competition is far more fierce in EPL rather than Ligue 1. Win % dosent mean jackshit here.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5