Swanhends
dmize
Le Samourai
The Franchise
Blue Barrett
25 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:38 pm

LOL thats all they did...Fields been sucking, yet they upgrade...and on top dont do anything else...I dont even.

I guess I shouldnt complain though, they twice as good as FIFA at these things.

On the Press conference, what im taking away from it is alot of relying on Steve Nash. I believe Mike is smarter than people think, I dont think he can only play one way...I think if anything he believes in freedom, he just has his principles to follow. But that doesnt mean that Kobe has to sit in the corner like hes Quinton Richardson or something.

We will see how it all works, but relying on 38 year old Nash like he sounds like he is sure is risky.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:46 pm

I have to admit though, I like the way he conducts himself. I like his humour and I like the simplicity.

What he said about Jodie Meeks. The only time you should be shooting is when you catch the ball lol

He's right, there is no use asking someone like Meeks to do things he cannot do. I wish more coaches had this attitude...let guys do what they do first and foremost.

Not sure how Kobe will like this happy go lucky attitude but lets see.

110-115ppg LOOOL

He is dead serious too.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:48 pm

The Franchise wrote:But that doesnt mean that Kobe has to sit in the corner like hes Quinton Richardson or something.

Laughing Wouldn't be surpised.

I think Mike will end up working out really well for the Lakers. IDK just a feeling. He doesn't have a great defensive plan(but has he ever heard a team with good individual defenders?), but individually the Lakers have a better defense than the Knicks of last season. Chandler vs Howard, a wash at this point. Amare Pau, a wash again, both below average. Melo vs MWP? MWP all day. Kobe vs. Fields or whoever, Kobe. Nash is a weakness, but Lin was probably just as bad if not worse last year.

And his Suns teams? Nash, Stoudamire, Marion, Diaw, Barbosa. Raja Bell was probably his best defender, lol.

Granted he's never going to have an elite defense, but if his offense works as planned, they just have to be average.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Not sure how Kobe will like this happy go lucky attitude but lets see.

As a coach that's a good question but D'Antoni was/is Kobe's childhood hero when he was in Italy.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:01 pm

The main issue with his defense is not neccasarily about schemes and sets and all that. That can be figured out.

The problem is that his system doesn't factor it in, doesn't allow players to save energy to allow themselves to work defensively. Individual defenders like Kobe and Metta are not going to help at a high octane pace having to run back in transition.

Also Pau and Amare is not a wash by any stretch of the imagination.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Le Samourai wrote:The main issue with his defense is not neccasarily about schemes and sets and all that. That can be figured out.

The problem is that his system doesn't factor it in, doesn't allow players to save energy to allow themselves to work defensively. Individual defenders like Kobe and Metta are not going to help at a high octane pace having to run back in transition.

He said we may not see the same tempo as his Phx teams in an interview, and in the press conference said he wants to put the "D" back in his name. Leads me to believe he may sacrifice offensive tempo with a veteran roster to help the D.

And yeah it is a wash. Or do you actually think Gasols a good defender.

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Pau-gasol-gif

His doggy paddle form on defense is unparalled :bow:

and yes i know he was calling for a double dribble, still got roasted badly and looked foolish at the same time.

Also last season defensive ratings for both(how many points they gave up per 100 possessions), Amare 101, Pau 100. Defensive Win Shares Pau 3.1, Amare 2.3. That's what you call a wash. Good defenders have DRatings under 100, and Winshares at 4 or 5 FWIW.

If that's not enough the last full season(his first w/ the Knicks) Amare played, he had 150 blocks and 71 steals. Pau hasn't had 150 blocks in a season since he was 25. And he's NEVER even come close to 71 steals
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:09 pm

I expect to see a bit of mixing of line ups, he seems to like Blake and I bet we see him used at the 2.

Nash, Blake, Kobe, Artest and Howard.

Maybe not starting or even the most minutes, but I can see this line up for some periods.

Pau for Howard, Jamison for Artest, Meeks for Blake and Duhon for Nash in terms of replacements.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:12 pm

dmize wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:The main issue with his defense is not neccasarily about schemes and sets and all that. That can be figured out.

He said we may not see the same tempo as his Phx teams in an interview, and in the press conference said he wants to put the "D" back in his name. Leads me to believe he may sacrifice offensive tempo with a veteran roster to help the D.

And yeah it is a wash. Or do you actually think Gasols a good defender.

His doggy paddle form on defense is unparalled :bow:

and yes i know he was calling for a double dribble, still got roasted badly and looked foolish at the same time.

Also last season defensive ratings for both(how many points they gave up per 100 possessions), Amare 101, Pau 100. Defensive Win Shares Pau 3.1, Amare 2.3. That's what you call a wash. Good defenders have DRatings under 100, and Winshares at 4 or 5 FWIW.

If that's not enough the last full season(his first w/ the Knicks) Amare played, he had 150 blocks and 71 steals. Pau hasn't had 150 blocks in a season since he was 25. And he's NEVER even come close to 71 steals

Defensive Win Shares 2011-2012.

Carlos Boozer-4.3
Howard - 4.4.

And what's the point of the Griffin Gif? How many defenders in the league can stay in front of him and block him if a lane opens up? or was it purely for comedic value?

He is not a great defender, but he's not Amare.

Amare is among the worst team defenders I've ever seen, he's lost on that end. He has no idea how to box out his man, gets completely bewildered by switches and has a complete lack of court vision as a rim protector. He should theoretically be one of the better shot blockers in the league purely on physical tools, so I guess statistically he was always going to have some advantage.

Gasol meanwhile , while not an amazing defender has some discernible value tools. He was almost a quasi-defensive anchor on the 08 team, used his length to alter shots or just obstruct people in the paint without fouling (perhaps the most important part). His length gave guys like KG,Duncan and Howard trouble in the past.

He closes out 3 point shooters quite well.

His main issue is his lack of lateral quickness and therefore tends to be late providing weak side help, and naturally when they switch pick and roll and he gets left on a guard he's going to look bad. But that's more a Lakers problem than his.

Anyway, I don't really feel like debating this.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:17 pm

On Pau and Amare, both suck, I think a wash is about fair.

Amare defends his man better, especially if that man is a 4 (Pau is awful at gaurding any 4 who can put it on the floor) while Gasol has more length and is a bit harder to score directly over.

Amare for the Suns vs current Gasol is about a wash, at the 4 spot its Amare though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Lol @ posting Howards year where he was injured and in a shortened season. That's called an anomaly. Previous 3 seasons: 7.1, 7.7 and 7.6. One season Boozer had a solid score, he's .08 this year, more indicative of his defensive abilities. Also Boozer had Noah protecting him. Howard had no such luxury, who played next to him Ryan Anderson? rofl

Stay in front of Griffin. He has 1 fvckin move; spin baseline. If he's not in transition, guys like KG, Ibaka have no problem stopping him. So save that.

"lack of vision as a rim protector" yet the last full season he had 150 blocks. Sure. Amare is not a great rebounder at all, but that has ZERO to do with his defense.

Everything else you said is objective. "closes out 3 point shooters well" - objective statement, in a debate this would have zero use. "quasi defensive anchor on the 08 team" Laughing objective again, and oh you mean the guy who Garnett embarassed in the finals on a nightly basis. He put up numbers on Garnett too but that's because he's a great offensive player, not defensively.

edit: and from what I recall... yes he gave Howard some problems 1v1 at times, but mostly Howard struggled against the Lakers because they would double him everytime he touched the ball.

Last edited by dmize on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:30 pm

123456ixers up 10 vs Utah ATM, no sign of Bynum's hair yet
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:58 pm

BTW, while I love what the Knicks have done so far...im calling it, Memphis end the streak tonight.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:BTW, while I love what the Knicks have done so far...im calling it, Memphis end the streak tonight.

No doubt. Rudy and Z-bo are gunna give em that work.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 pm

Swanhends wrote:123456ixers up 10 vs Utah ATM, no sign of Bynum's hair yet

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 60758_498495953514415_1808271496_n

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Andrew-Bynum-chia-pet
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:44 pm

dmize wrote:
The Franchise wrote:BTW, while I love what the Knicks have done so far...im calling it, Memphis end the streak tonight.

No doubt. Rudy and Z-bo are gunna give em that work.

Z-Bo offensive rebounding might be the gamebreaker here, a real test for Melo at the 4. His first real test all season at the position I believe.

Rudy is playing worthy of the contract he has to.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:53 pm

OKC 50, Hornet 27. KD almost had a double double already and there still 5 mins left in the half.

This is why I never get to see good players on bad teams, vs elite teams game is over early and I aint watching bad team vs bad team lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm

I think Memphis bench is underrated too. Bayless is real solid, Poindexter's a decent player, Ellington hit 7 threes the other night(will never happen again most likely but he can shoot), and Haddadi usually does well in the short minutes he's given.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:OKC 50, Hornet 27. KD almost had a double double already and there still 5 mins left in the half.

This is why I never get to see good players on bad teams, vs elite teams game is over early and I aint watching bad team vs bad team lol

Oh wow, 59-31 now they're about to double up on them lol. Looks Davis is having a rough night.

Meanwhile Drummond put up 22 and 8 on that same frontcourt the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Whistle
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Also Kev Martin has been really good from what I've seen of him, had a poor game against Memphis. But he's shooting 47% averaging almost as many FT's as he always had and making 94% of them.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:16 pm

dmize wrote:I think Memphis bench is underrated too. Bayless is real solid, Poindexter's a decent player, Ellington hit 7 threes the other night(will never happen again most likely but he can shoot), and Haddadi usually does well in the short minutes he's given.

Oh yeah for real I agree. Bayless can score but runs the offence fairly well, Ellington can shoot like you. I wasnt sure on Poindexter being the first guy off the bench but he is real active, defends and actually can shoot a little. Haddadi didnt get on the court vs Miami, but Speights did and he is pretty talented.

I dare to say, they might be outsider contenders. Might.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:17 pm

dmize wrote:Also Kev Martin has been really good from what I've seen of him, had a poor game against Memphis. But he's shooting 47% averaging almost as many FT's as he always had and making 94% of them.

Yep, same here. I said many times I dont like him, but thats when he is out there being the first option. As a scorer of the bench, dude is perfect for the role.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Watching the end of the Jazz-Sixers game. Why are the Jazz still out there hustling, presing full court and committing intentional fouls...ffs its over, pack it on.

It annoys the hell out of me. Your down 7 (was 10 just now) with 9 seconds left.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Early cross matches, intresting stuff.

Melo is on Gasol, so Chandler can stay on Randolf to keep him off the boards. Problem is, they have to double Gasol however he is the passer of the two big men and he is already finding cutters. To boot, not even Chandler can keep Zack off the glass.

On the other end, Gay cannot gaurd Melo going to the rim and Allen is just too small.

Last edited by The Franchise on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Kidd is playing very well on both ends, meanwhile Conely is a fantastically underrated point gaurd. Lightening quick, makes great half court decisions and can shoot it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:57 pm

Conely with a gorgeous wrap around pass...fantastic.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:00 pm

Melo looks tired, he is fighting hard, too hard having to gaurd Gasol in the post while obviously doing what he does on offence. Time out, probably just to get em some rest.

The Knicks might have to go with a more conventional line up, they have the bigs in Wallace, Camby and Chandler. Because Gasol is having his way and nobody can keep Zach off the boards.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next