Onyx
Die Borussen
LeBĂ©ninois
fatman123
Vibe
56 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Is it worth it? - Page 11 Empty Re: Is it worth it?

Post by Sri Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:58 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
Vibe wrote:If he stays :facepalm: Tarnished his status for nothing...

more like fans were quick to throw him under the bus before anything actually happened.

Well fans are an emotional bunch and football has that effect on most lives, tbf. Ever so often, Arsenal fans have been in a similar situation in the recent years that I can't fault the people who threw him under the bus. I know most did.

That said, it is still early to say that RvP is totally fault free in all this. In the coming weeks, we will know if these fans were right in their reaction, or acted impatiently and prematurely.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:37 am

There's no IF's, he's gone. Arsenal will try to sell him regardless his intentions.

I would like him to stay though, even without renewing. But he should never captain Arsenal again IF Arsenal don't decide to sell (big if).
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:04 am

vanDEEZ wrote:

more like fans were quick to throw him under the bus before anything actually happened.
Hey man he was my fav player for a LONG time. But i still threw hm under the bus. Why? He is following in the footsteps of Nasri and Adebayor, makes comments such as we are not ambitious, and he is the bloody Arsenal captain, and still under contract with us! I'm very patient with players, and i tend not to overreact, but like i said even I threw him under the bus and I don't think anyone can say it wasn't justified...
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:57 am

vanDEEZ wrote:

Dont be so thick :facepalm:
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:12 am

If he does stay and re-sign with Arsenal, then what he said was not a lie as Arsenal are showing ambition now and he responded to it.

Now about the issue of speaking out in that manner, i don't see why Arsenal fans should feel aggrieved. He spoke what was on his mind and it was what many Arsenal fans were demanding at the time too. It is even possible that his statement sprung Arsenal into action. So, in my opinion, it was actually good that he aired his opinion like that.

Of course, all the above will be valid only if he re-signs now.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:22 am

I think the non-Arsenal fans here should stop getting aggrieved because the Arsenal fans here are aggrieved because their favourite player+captain said he's leaving after his best ever season.

Of course we have every right to be pissed as Van Dent has every right to say anything he wants. He's leaving and we are angry and we are reacting...so what? Are we the only club doing that? What about Cologne? Very Happy
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:40 pm

The Verminator wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

Hey man he was my fav player for a LONG time. But i still threw hm under the bus. Why? He is following in the footsteps of Nasri and Adebayor, makes comments such as we are not ambitious, and he is the bloody Arsenal captain, and still under contract with us! I'm very patient with players, and i tend not to overreact, but like i said even I threw him under the bus and I don't think anyone can say it wasn't justified...

how has he followed in the footsteps of nasri and adebayor? has he signed for mancity because that would be news to me. he is still an arsenal player.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:42 pm

AnJl wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

Dont be so thick :facepalm:

are you disputing that arsenal fans have not thrown him under the bus? because i can bring up threads if you like.

or are you disputing the fact that he hasnt physically done anything. because as of now hes still an arsenal player.

or is the facepalm emoticon your entire argument?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:45 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
The Verminator wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

how has he followed in the footsteps of nasri and adebayor? has he signed for mancity because that would be news to me. he is still an arsenal player.
I think he means that after having a perfect season and half, he is ditching us for greener pastures.
The aforementioned Nasri and Adebayor cases had the same scenario. In their cases, they achieved even less. :facepalm:
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:51 pm

im surprised you knew the word aforementioned and was able to use it correctly, but it seems like you were unable to read my post or did not understand it.

rvp is still an arsenal player. he has not left. he may potentially stay. all this hate that has been thrown at him will be for nothing.

criticize him for speaking out against arsenals lack of ambition in the transfer market but do not criticize him for leaving arsenal as he has not left.

ironically, rvp criticizing arsenals lack of ambition may actually bring in wc players like sahin and cazorla.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:00 pm

I understood your previous post I just wanted to explain The Verminator's post. I think alot of Arsenal supporters, including me, wouldn't mind him staying. It's just his case is complicated. Our recent transfer activity is encouraging and maybe even down to RVP's words.
Aslong as he is an Arsenal player I'll cheer him on but it'll take time till his reputation is cleansed(if it ever happens).
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Nothing wrong with him saying that new signings should be made. It's for the best imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:33 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:

ironically, rvp criticizing arsenals lack of ambition may actually bring in wc players like sahin and cazorla.

this

tbh if they do end up signing these players arsenal fans should be thankful to van persie for finally kicking wenger in the ass to start spending, regardless of whether he stays or not

having sahin, cazorla, giroud and podolski >>> having van persie
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:07 am

che wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

this

tbh if they do end up signing these players arsenal fans should be thankful to van persie for finally kicking wenger in the ass to start spending, regardless of whether he stays or not

having sahin, cazorla, giroud and podolski >>> having van persie

I have been supporting the notion of RvP wanting the club to be ambitious (read posts in Arsenal section).

But I can not agree that 'his statement' was the only reason the club was active. To say that a manager of AW's stature and experience would be active in transfer market only because one player released a statement is :facepalm: on so many levels.

The club knew the turmoil caused by last summer and learnt from it. We are in for Sahin because of more bad news on Jack Wilshere. We are signing Cazorla because Rosicky is injured (again), Diaby is a wheelchair, Ox isn't ready and Malaga are in trouble. We wouldn't be signing him if Malaga were being cash bags demanding any club to match their 40million price tag.

If anything, the club heirarchy learnt from the mistakes of last summer and were proactive this market. To attribute all that to one statement, which is rumoured to be the work of the agent and the not the player, shows a depth of footballing knowledge, or lack of it thereof.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:26 am

Am I the only one that thinks that the new Arsenal signings are not a sign of more ambition but just them taking advantage of good deals in the market?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:28 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Am I the only one that thinks that the new Arsenal signings are not a sign of more ambition but just them taking advantage of good deals in the market?

Bit of both to be honest Smile

EDIT: To explain -> Snapping up Podolski and Giroud was early ambition. Cazorla (and possibly Sahin) would be opportunist. Niang, if we do sign him, would be youth promotion. In all, that would be a successful window for me, if the deadwood-clearance also makes progress.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:06 am

Podolski and Giroud werent' ambition, it was replacement of RvP. In my opinion, they haven't been ambitious enough. Their only ambition is staying in the top 4.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:15 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Podolski and Giroud werent' ambition, it was replacement of RvP. In my opinion, they haven't been ambitious enough. Their only ambition is staying in the top 4.
Rolling Eyes

Is it worth it? - Page 11 23388385
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:17 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Podolski and Giroud werent' ambition, it was replacement of RvP. In my opinion, they haven't been ambitious enough. Their only ambition is staying in the top 4.

Podolski was not brought in to be RVP's replacement, Giroud yeah. We've seemingly signed Cazorla and have a good chance to get Sahin, how's that not showing ambition? That's better than just a top 4 side.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:01 am

Chelsea signing Oscar, Hazard and Marin is showing ambition but Arsenal signing Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla isn't. Uh okay.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:11 am

Arsenal should sign some decent physios and I'm sure RvP would stay.

It's hard to compete when half your team is in the medical room being treated for something they're not even injured for. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:59 am

signing cazorla and going after sahin right after rvp talks with wenger and conversely his rumors of exiting calming down is NOT a coincidence as much as arsenal fans would like to believe so.

so are arsenal fans going to apologize now, or wait until rvp saves their season again?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:10 am

srigooner wrote:

But I can not agree that 'his statement' was the only reason the club was active. To say that a manager of AW's stature and experience would be active in transfer market only because one player released a statement is :facepalm: on so many levels.

2011 - signs arteta, santos, mertesacker, park and gervinho
- van persie threatens to leave
2012 - signs podolski, giroud, possibly cazorla and sahin

nope, absolutely no discrepancy in quality between the two sets of players

just like it took the 8-2 rape for wenger to actually buy someone last summer, it took their best player wanting out to make him sign someone this summer

If anything, the club heirarchy learnt from the mistakes of last summer and were proactive this market. To attribute all that to one statement, which is rumoured to be the work of the agent and the not the player, shows a depth of footballing knowledge, or lack of it thereof.

indeed, because wenger has a history of learning from his mistakes, as shown never

noone's attributing it to one statement completely but saying van persie wanting to leave had nothing to do with it is utterly ignorant
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:30 am

vanDEEZ wrote:so are arsenal fans going to apologize now, or wait until rvp saves their season again?
Apologize for what? Has he signed a new contract that I'm not aware of but you are? Has he declared he's staying put on some sort of official website? scratch

Even if he does sign/stay put, he's lost all my respect. You don't pull shit like this and expect people to suddenly bow at your feet and forgive you if you so decide to change your mind
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:51 am

Robin should apologize IF he stays not fans Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:11 pm

well ya its still premature, but its just as premature as when all of you guys condemned him as a greedy traitor before anything actually happened.

and why on earth would rvp have to apologize? what has he done wrong? criticize arsenals lack of ambition in the transfer marker? it was overdue.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next