Kevin245
BarcaKizz
FCBarça
free_cat
Donuts
The Sanchez
13 posters

Go down

Preseason Friendly: Manchester United vs FC Barcelona Empty Preseason Friendly: Manchester United vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Sanchez Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:01 am

Match: Manchester United vs FC Barcelona

Stadium: Ullevi Stadium

Date: 08/08/12

Time: 20.00 CET

Predicting Lineups: Valdes, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Adriano, Busquests, Fabregas, Afellay, Pedro, Messi, Sanchez
Substitutions: Pinto, Montoya, Barta, Puyol, Alba, Ille, Xavi, Iniesta, Tello, Rafinha, Gerard
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Preseason Friendly: Manchester United vs FC Barcelona Empty Re: Preseason Friendly: Manchester United vs FC Barcelona

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:02 am

Villa will make an appearance apparently.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Preseason Friendly: Manchester United vs FC Barcelona Empty Re: Preseason Friendly: Manchester United vs FC Barcelona

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:04 am

Deulofeu's going to this game? A pitty I will miss much of the game cause I'm in preseason too... Sad
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:05 am

United playing in their whites, so we avoid yet another tequila sunrise torture
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Deulofeu isn't going.

The 24 man squad is:
Valdés, Pinto, Dani Alves, Piqué, Fàbregas, Puyol, Xavi, Villa, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Mascherano, Sergio, Pedro, Jordi Alba, Afellay, Adriano, Fontàs, Montoya, Bartra, Tello, Ilie, Sergi Roberto and Rafinha.

Valdes/Pinto
Alves/Montoya - Pique/Bartra - Puyol/Mascherano - Alba/Adriano
Busquets/Ilie/Fontas?
Xavi/Roberto - Iniesta/Fabregas
Alexis/Pedro - Messi/Rafinha - Afellay/Tello

NB: Villa will probably not play.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin245 Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:48 pm

FCBarça wrote:United playing in their whites, so we avoid yet another tequila sunrise torture
I thought we were going to premier our 2nd kit confused

Kevin245
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:14 pm

The second kit was premiered agains PSG game, or not?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:07 pm

Is it time to beat Man U already? Razz
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Tello needs to fuq off now!!!!!! He has been given so many chances to prove himself, that other playes can only dream of.

He needs to be shipped away and give dealofeu his first team-Barca B role

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Oh cmon this is against Manchester United for a youngster he isn't doing terrible though I do prefer Villa or Pedro over him.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:48 pm

I just posted the fulltime highlights of the match including the penalty shootout in the multimedia section, but I'll post it here as well, if mods are OK with it.

Fulltime Highlights:

Penalty Shootout:

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:18 pm

^^ Thanks for that.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Credit to United, they played pretty well today. It could have gone both ways. Also, still preseason so teams still rusty.

Overall, a pretty uneventful match with pockets of good moments for both sides
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Very impressed by Kagawa even though he didn't see much of the ball. I wonder if he could play as a CM.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:12 am

Only caught the first half.

I'm actually very sure that in the first half, Alexis lost almost every ball that went his way, and that is NOT because he was trying to dribble the opposition...

Other than that, from what I saw I can echo the uneventful statements.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:24 am

I don't know if it's because he's nervous, or if the Barca coaching staff are telling him not to do it, but Alexis is not trying to beat his man and it's starting to piss me off. He just tries to backpass all the time (it's as if he's scared of losing the ball). He needs to loosen up and really go at defenders so I can see the worth in buying him.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:28 am

I've given up on that, he's been this way for a while. Sanchez obviously deserves another year but at this point he really just...kinda looks like a flop. But I'll have to wait another year to say that with confidence.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:35 am

Lot of slick passing but very little resolution in the final third...Tito will need to demonstrate he has solutions on how to break a parked bus because so far he doesn't seem to have any
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:10 am

I reviewed the game in an article. Here are my player ratings:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1290851-fc-barcelona-0-0-manchester-united-2-0-pens-rating-barcas-performers
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:50 am

Tello and Sanchez were a waste of space. Alba had a decent defensive game and also made some good runs... Barta looked good for the minutes he played. Valdes and Pinto :bow:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:49 am

Pinto is penalty monster Very Happy
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks to Khaled:
From Pinto's 20 penalties against him he has allowed 10 in. He has saved 7 of them. via @BarcaStatistics
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Right now and for his entire first season, Sanchez has not been trying to dribble his way out of trouble. If he doesn't improve this season then we can definitely argue why we didn't get Aguero instead.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down