The Messiah
stevieg8
Nishankly
Emaharg
McAgger
64 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Hames, it's not that I'm particularly 'good at quoting', rather that it's so easy to quote you against yourself Proud

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread

Post by RED Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:50 pm

A 20 year old turning down 100k a week, more money than many, many people earn in a year. Coz he wants an extra 50k.

rofl

He wants to leave LFC. Point blank. It's obviously not just about the money, imo. Had Liverpool continued from last season and challenged for the league this season, signed better players and had a decent run in the CL, he would have signed long time ago.

He's looking after his future.

Good lad Proud
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:"]
When have we let go of a WC prospect before???

hmm

What's the point of quoting me here anyways? I genuinely don't understand.

So what, Sterling will be the first WC prospect we let go. The post is saying we've never let one go before. Things change. For example, prior to 1970s Bayern was a worthless club akin to the likes of Derby County. Things changed and they became a powerhouse in the 70s.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:53 pm

McAgger chill lol, he's just taking the piss. No one is serious here.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:53 pm

At the very least, you can't fault him for wanting him to keep his options open for now.

It's an important decision whether to stay, when he might have offers from the best clubs, and also from City and Utd.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:55 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:"]
When have we let go of a WC prospect before???

hmm

What's the point of quoting me here anyways? I genuinely don't understand.

So what, Sterling will be the first WC prospect we let go. The post is saying we've never let one go before. Things change. For example, prior to 1970s Bayern was a worthless club akin to the likes of Derby County. Things changed and they became a powerhouse in the 70s.

It's not hard to understand why I quoted you is it?

Because in the post today you laughed off how gullible people might fall for the claim he might become world class and that they can have him if they think so, when back then you claimed you would not let him go since he is a WC prospect.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:56 pm

RED wrote:A 20 year old turning down 100k a week, more money than many, many people earn in a year. Coz he wants an extra 50k.

rofl
Court fees are expensive ffs. £50k could mean the difference between being represented by Johnnie Cochran or Louis Tully
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:59 pm

Lex wrote:
RED wrote:A 20 year old turning down 100k a week, more money than many, many people earn in a year. Coz he wants an extra 50k.

rofl
Court fees are expensive ffs. £50k could mean the difference between being represented by Johnnie Cochran or Louis Tully

Not to mention all those child support fees. Sad
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:03 pm

Its not about what he wants to earn. Instead its about how less he has been earning for the last 3 years. May be in 2012 when he signed a new contract 30k would have been an ideal sum. But after 3 or if more precisely 2.5 years of good showing, sterling deserved more than that measly amount of money. I doubt he would be demanding 150k if he had had a bonus clause based on performance in his contract. Like a 10-20% raise or something every year. He must have felt deceived and this extra 50k or whatever it is would possibly be to vent his disappointment of being underpaid for 2 seasons.

In the end though after all these preachings of prestige and pride, I can see pool relaxing the grip and giving him something like a 120k. Even amid all these tough guy talk, they in the inner circles would actually be fretting over the thought of him leaving. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:McAgger chill lol, he's just taking the piss. No one is serious here.

You should listen to your own advice once in a while. Hint: The Pardew thread.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Pardew is different, besides you secretly believe the things posted in that thread hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:29 pm

Raheem as every right to do what he does, plain simple truth. But another truth is, he is going nowhere in the summer, unless someone offers like 60m or above, which no one will because he is not worth 60m right now Laughing there is no way we will sell him immediately in this summer. Better would be try to be in a strong position in the next season and then give him a better contract by inserting some release clause.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Exactly.

I think Liverpool have severe self esteem issues.

This great historical club, yet with Suarez leaving and Sturridge injured they relied on a barely 20 year old youngster to carry them.

Now that he has a few weaker games and didn't all alone carry them to the CL and league win, they suddenly go all 'it's an honour to play for Liverpool you moneygrabbing overrated scrub' on Sterling lol.
It's pretty hilarious, and sad.

We'll take him, thank you very much.

A few weaker or stronger games matter nothing when negotiating contracts, the fact is he has at no point in his career showcased that he's actually worth £100k per week - or more, like he's after for. Six goals in the Prem this season while playing in all but two games and many of them as striker isn't the sort of performance level that warrants 100k+ per week wages.

He's a very good player already and could even become world-class, but the thing is you shouldn't overpay tens of thousands of pounds in weekly wages for potential that might or might not realize. You should get paid in wages what you are worth in your current performances and in Sterling's case that's not 100k+.

I rather we sell him than raise our offer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Pardew is different, besides you secretly believe the things posted in that thread hmm

Hint: I don't
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:06 pm

M99 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Pardew is different, besides you secretly believe the things posted in that thread hmm

Hint: I don't

Yes you do. We all do. Including the Telegraph who put Sir Pardew in the top 10 of underrated managers Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:55 pm

Wow at that BBC interview he did. The level of disrespect he shown rofl

"flattered by Arsenal's interest". lmao

Someone needs to remind him that he's playing for Liverpool, who are (putting rivalry aside) a big club. Surely he's not this thick? Embarassed

"I want to win trophies". Understandable. I was sure he's leaving in the summer, now I'm certain of it. More of a case of how much Liverpool can get for him. I say prolly about 40mill, give or take.

This guy's ego though. LOL. Demanding/having a BBC interview to clarify things, then takes a dump on his club in the process. 20y/o guy who hasn't achieved F all. Lebron James would be proud...but atleast LJ was a special talent when he announced he was moving to Miami. He could get away with such egotism, to an extent.

His head's been turneed, either by his agent or by another club tapping him up.

Last summer Suarez left. This summer Sterling. It's going tits up Sad

Spoiler:
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:02 am

As you can see from all of our reactions, we don't care if he leaves simply because he's really not that good. And we watch him every week.

We're not just saying sell him because we are butthurt. Honestly, he's not worth the money and very replaceable by tons of players who are cheaper.

I would be more disappointed if Coutinho or Henderson were leaving as they're twice as important to us than Raheem.

If you haven't watched us lately, let me tell you that Sterling is a utility player for us. He's not a starting ST because Sturridge is our main guy and he only plays there when Daniel is injured. Rodgers loves Lallana and Coutinho so he isn't even the main AM for us, he's behind those two. The only place Rodgers can fit him is at wingback. Laughing That's right. When everyone is fit and healthy, Sterling is a starting wingback. And he's not even the best we've got there as Ibe does much more from that position than Sterling can.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:21 am

Don't call me James wrote:As you can see from all of our reactions, we don't care if he leaves simply because he's really not that good. And we watch him every week.

We're not just saying sell him because we are butthurt. Honestly, he's not worth the money and very replaceable by tons of players who are cheaper.

Right...

Laughing Laughing

Spoiler:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:36 am

ffs dat Hamestradamus :bow:

Januanry 4, 2013
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Sterling will most likely leave us for free when he's 23 (when his contract runs out). Bayern might have a good chance of getting him then tbh.

Suspect How do you know he won't extend beyond that?

Too much Owen in him for my liking Sad

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Don't you dare repeat that blasphemy again!  Clubber

I won't even rule out seeing him in Yanited shirt in the future tbh Sad

http://www.goallegacy.net/t27063p90-liverpool-complete-sturridge-signing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:51 am

Just for comparison, PL goals this season for selected players:

Sterling 6
Chadli 8
Mane 7
Naismith 7
Ki 6
Agbonlahor 6
Berahino 12

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:37 am

Stop it lol.

The ONLY reason Liverpool fans are now suddenly of the opinion he isn't all that great is because he hasn't committed to a new contract.
Had he signed, you'd all be praising his potential, celebrating every good thin he does while bemoaning the fact so much is expected of him at such a young age Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:31 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Stop it lol.

The ONLY reason Liverpool fans are now suddenly of the opinion he isn't all that great is because he hasn't committed to a new contract.
Had he signed, you'd all be praising his potential, celebrating every good thin he does while bemoaning the fact so much is expected of him at such a young age Laughing

This guy lol.

It's always extremes with sterling, were either over hyping or under hyping him.

Please go speak to Bayern Management Hans we will give him to you cheap.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:10 pm

It is precisely because he is so overrated that he should sign a big contract while he is still overhyped.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Art Morte wrote:Just for comparison, PL goals this season for selected players:

Sterling 6
Chadli 8
Mane 7
Naismith 7
Ki 6
Agbonlahor 6
Berahino 12

Just for comparison, another selection:

Sterling 6
Lallana 5
Henderson 5
Coutinho 4
Sturridge 4
Markovic 2
Lambert 2
Balotelli 1
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:32 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Sterling 6
Chadli 8
Mane 7
Naismith 7
Ki 6
Agbonlahor 6
Berahino 12

Sterling 6
Lallana 5
Henderson 5
Coutinho 4
Sturridge 4
Markovic 2
Lambert 2
Balotelli 1

definitely worth 150k hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:53 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Sterling 6
Chadli 8
Mane 7
Naismith 7
Ki 6
Agbonlahor 6
Berahino 12

Sterling 6
Lallana 5
Henderson 5
Coutinho 4
Sturridge 4
Markovic 2
Lambert 2
Balotelli 1

definitely worth 150k hmm

well, what would be the appropriate salary for Liverpool's best player? If Shaw gets 130k, Hazard 200+k, etc pp?
How does a top club go about this? hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next