Onyx
BeautifulGame
S
Art Morte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rodgers: " I'm working under financial restrictions" Empty Rodgers: " I'm working under financial restrictions"

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:04 pm

"These things take time. There has been a lot of great work going on behind the scenes enquiring about players but the reality is we did not have the money this year.
"We had a certain budget we had to work within and even to get those one or two players we had to move one or two out.
"That is something which does not worry or frustrate me, it is the real world we are in here. It just means we have to be effective with the players we have."

Laughing

25m on Borini and Allen, financial restrictions my arse rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Rodgers: " I'm working under financial restrictions" Empty Re: Rodgers: " I'm working under financial restrictions"

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:13 pm

okay...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Rodgers: " I'm working under financial restrictions" Empty Re: Rodgers: " I'm working under financial restrictions"

Post by S Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:16 pm

In an ideal scenario Rodgers would've probably liked to receive the kitty Kenny got to work with last year..In that sense,his point is quite understandable.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Rolling Eyes
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:19 pm

BeautifulGame wrote: Rolling Eyes

Don't you find it quite silly that spending 25m on 2 players is considered restricted?

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Maybe it's after those transfers?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Already getting his excuses in early I see.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Gil is just mad that we will do a hattrick of doubling over Chelsea in the league this season :coffee:

Sahin-Allen-Lucas vs. Lampard-Romeu-McEachran

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm

mtfootball wrote:Maybe it's after those transfers?

If that's the case he shouldn't have over spent then.

Very poor excuse, we are working with which tighter finance than he is but you don't see Pardew complaining :coffee:

Spurs are also working under tighter restrictions.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Schweini wrote:Gil is just mad that we will do a hattrick of doubling over Chelsea in the league this season :coffee:

Sahin-Allen-Lucas vs. Lampard-Romeu-McEachran

lol
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
mtfootball wrote:Maybe it's after those transfers?

If that's the case he shouldn't have over spent then.

Very poor excuse, we are working with which tighter finance than he is but you don't see Pardew complaining :coffee:

Spurs are also working under tighter restrictions.

But you are Newcastle, and Spurs are Spurs.

We are Liverpool FC, the 5 times Champions of Europe.

Don't compare us with Mags and Yids banana

#inb4ashitstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Sepi i would'nt be completely confident on Sahin yet either, AS reported today that both Miloan and FC Honor and Grace are in talks.

Plus Ramires-Mikel-Oscar >>>>>>>>>>>

Anyways.

History means nothing btw, typical Liverpool fans you'd think you played in a museum Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Except that we've won every single competition available to win in the past 10 years, other than PL.

Including:
UEFA Cup
CL
FA Cup
Carling Cup
Charity Shield
European Super Cup.

all in the last decade.......you talk as our best honour of last 20-25 years is the Championship Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Yeh, Liverpool are a big club and need to get big players. Spurs and Newcastle aren't as big.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:39 pm

As i said history means nothing, how many of the players that won the majority of those trophies are still at the club?

What matters is the now and fact is you are a big club but you are not a big team.

Anyway this isn't about that, this is about Rodgers complaining about spending 25m on 2 players and the financial restrictions he supposedly has :coffee:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Ideally 25m isn't enough to rebuild the team.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:47 pm

mtfootball wrote:Ideally 25m isn't enough to rebuild the team.

Pardew disagrees with you.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Liverpool could look for bargains, however Borini and Allen weren't.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Mole seriously stop using Newcastle's transfers as a reference point..Not to mention you bought a no.of flops/outcasts from their ex-clubs who turned out to be great for you.I bet you would use Fiorentina's transfer activity of this current season(if they succeed) sometime in the future just to reinforce your point.The point i'm making is smaller clubs with shoe-string budgets can afford to take more risks with such kind of players whereas its certainly not the case with big clubs..Pool generally have had a bigger budget to work with and you really cant expect a club like Liverpool to do Fiorentina-Newcastle-esque transfers who want to rebuild/change the face and philosophy of their team under their newly appointed coach(Imo its relative..Bigger budget means higher cost transfers).Yea bargain deals could be found but several other external factors also contribute to it like CL football,their standing in the league,wages/preferences etc etc though to be honest you cant do many such deals in the same window.

Like i said Rodgers would've ideally wanted a budget that Kenny got to work with last season,you got to see where he is coming from as well..I think he probably wants another quality reinforcement in attack but i guess any such incoming transfer is dependant on Pool selling one of their first team players (Agger in this case) which would obviously be frustrating for him as well.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:03 pm

25m is still a lot of money to work with and he's just getting his excuses in early like Gil said.

Also smaller clubs or bigger clubs argument is lulz.

Fact is Liverpool are not a top 4 club atm, history means f*ck all if History meant anything at all we wouldn't have been able to take away Ajax's most important player for peanuts.

So stop using it as an argument it means nothing.

I'm not saying Liverpool could have took ridiculous risks like we did but if the budget was as restricted like Rodgers reckons surely he could have used that budget better than splashing 25m on two very unproven players.

You talk about taking risks, Liverpool have took a very big risk except the have paid over the top in doing so.

I'm not going to go through all the players we and other clubs have got for peanuts but if we can do it then why can't Liverpool?

If they are so big and mighty and appealing due to their fantastic history.

Everything you said there is just one big excuse, the reason Liverpool have not been able to do what you say is because they go for overpriced and hyped players instead of scouting players properly.

I stand by what i said what Rodgers said is just an excuse and it's lulz worthy at best to claim your budget is restricted when you spend 25m on 2 players who haven't even played in the Europa League.

Which is what the thread is about, but as usual it's turned into how a massive club Liverpool are and how fantastic their history is so they need more money Laughing Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote: Rolling Eyes

Don't you find it quite silly that spending 25m on 2 players is considered restricted?

Why this Obsession Laughing

Atleast one can understand why Gil gets mad everytime he hears the name Liverpool but u newcastle fan scratch

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:09 pm

It's not an obsession, i just don't understand why one would complain about financial restrictions when you spent 25m on 2 unproven players....

It has nothing to do with Liverpool, it's about the quote if any manager said the same the thread would have still been made.

All though some people in this thread has made it about Liverpool, but that wasn't my original idea in making the thread.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:16 pm

25 million on 2 players is very funny for "working under financial restrictions".

I know what Mole wants from this thread (the "original idea" of this thread), so I'm going to give it to him.

25 million on 2 players is NOT financially restricted. Financially restricted is the shrewd spending and ridiculous amount of bargains Newcastle have made over the last couple seasons. Using 25 million (if that) to overhaul a whole team is financially restricted.

There you go Mole, you have it, you can now leave this thread with a smile on your face.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:17 pm

We arent really comparable with spurs and newcastle in financial terms.We are still one of the hugely marketable clubs in football and earn a lot more in sponsorship deals.

So 25mil isnt that huge a transfer kitty when u consider the revenue generated.Afterall we signed a record breaking shirt sponsor around the same figure despite missing out of CL football for 3 consecutive seasons.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:22 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:We arent really comparable with spurs and newcastle in financial terms.We are still one of the hugely marketable clubs in football and earn a lot more in sponsorship deals.

So 25mil isnt that huge a transfer kitty when u consider the revenue generated.Afterall we signed a record breaking shirt sponsor around the same figure despite missing out of CL football for 3 consecutive seasons.

Maybe so, but it's still hardly being "financially restricted" especially on 2 players.

Wenger spent similar amounts of Podolski and Giroud but i doubt he would come out and say i'm restricted with this budget.

It's an excuse IMO in case he fails to succeed, he can easily come back and say that the owners didn't back me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next