Ganso
Harmonica
Albiceleste
Valkyrja
DuringTheWar
26 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

How good is lionel messi? - Page 6 Empty Re: How good is lionel messi?

Post by Valkyrja Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Wait 20-25 years, I'll bump this thread. Laughing

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:19 am

This is a video i made, feel free to check it out and rate/comment

Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Carlo Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:34 am

I think Messi has shown himself to be a top 10 all time player without doubt, I wouldn`t argue with a top 5 place either, he is that good.

I personally think he`s on the same level as any player ever but I can`t say I think he is the best ever yet, he`s certainly going the right way about it though, fantastic player.
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:56 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The mental speed and technique that Maradona shows when returning passes with one touch is just fantastic, and the way Maradona engineers to make some other passes is very creative.

from 0:58 in the video

just :bow: there was just no pass too ridiculous for him, i would not be exaggerrating if i said that pass looked normal compared with others i have seen from him. True fantasy footballer.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

How good is lionel messi? - Page 6 Empty Pelé is the best ever

Post by J. Ed. Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 am

There are some here that had not the chance to see Pelé in youtube. Please, check this show of goals by Pelé. Compare his skills with Messi. Pelé scored goals with powerfull shoots with right and left foot, dived in grazing ground flights to score head goals, scored bicycle goals. He had an staccato style - as defenders like Franz "The Kaiser" Beckenbauer stated - Pelé waited that significant hundredth of second to see how the defender would try to take ball from him and touched it subtly to a different direction. This disiquilibrated the defender(s). Pelé ran 100 meters in 11 seconds (Messi=10,9s). Check the video. It is not that defenders were bad. Franze Beckenbauer is considered the best defender of all times. Tarcisio Burgnich is 5 times Eurocup champion and 2 times FIFA World Cup champion. But Pelé made they look clumsy. Search for the Pelé HQ video in youtube, by copying and pasting this address /watch?v=PsTribdZBQU. Some of the comments from viewers of this video: "Look at the variation of skills and goals compared to Messi." and "this guy (Pelé) is messi skills + neymar skills + cr7 skills... amazing". Enjoy the video and share with friends! :-)

J. Ed.
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:38 pm

I do not use youtube as a real source, it gives highlights of certain part of the game then moves on to the next game, I consider a player good if they can do that all game not just a highlight.
Youtube could make Heskey look like a god had they not known who he was.
Back then defenders who got to see Pele through videos were considered lucky, in todays modern game it is a requirment to see how lets say Messi or Ronaldo play, and they coach the player to defend them due to the technology, let alone back then sure there was competition but honestly Football or soccer whatever you call i,t evolved so much, with a lot more players in the game than ever, more scouts, and more big teams.
I'm not taking anything away from Pele he is top 3 in my opinion but to compare him to todays players is a bit hard.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6