RedOranje
justdoit_
REWB
Tomwin Lannister
Abramovich
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

List of players that rejected Spurs recently Empty List of players that rejected Spurs recently

Post by Abramovich Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Off the top of my head:

Oscar
Sahin
Pranijic
Llorente
Damiao?

They are the laughing stock of Europe rofl , any other names to add?
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

List of players that rejected Spurs recently Empty Re: List of players that rejected Spurs recently

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Just get the list of strikers names from the top 8 leagues then copy and paste it in here. rofl

I remember they tried to get Krasic a while ago.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

List of players that rejected Spurs recently Empty Re: List of players that rejected Spurs recently

Post by REWB Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:56 pm

podolski as well if im not mistaken
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:58 pm

Just remembered actually, I think Vertonghen has been rejecting them for a while now.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:58 pm

With the amount of abuse they get on the daily without repercussion, a pissed off Spurs supporter joining the forum would be so damn juicy.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:00 pm

TomJuve wrote:Just remembered actually, I think Vertonghen has been rejecting them for a while now.

He signed for Tottenham earlier this summer... or have I missed a joke?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Hahahaha nope, that's news to me.

He actually went ? :facepalm:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:03 pm

justdoit_ wrote:With the amount of abuse they get on the daily without repercussion, a pissed off Spurs supporter joining the forum would be so damn juicy.

Bring it on. Cool Would give us more lols. Twisted Evil

RedOranje wrote:
TomJuve wrote:Just remembered actually, I think Vertonghen has been rejecting them for a while now.

I think he was not keen on them for quite a while when Arsenal was also linked with him in the past summers.. But he signed for them earlier this summer..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Maybe this really happen with Poldi Wink :

Speaking to Lukas Podolski after his training session; he explains why he chose Arsenal, and why he rejected Tottenham.

Interviewer: "Lukas. Nice to have you with us. How are you?"

Podolski: "I'm good Bernd. Bit tired after that grueling training sessions. But I'm fine. Yourself?"

Interviewer: "All good. Thanks for asking, Lukas. Ok....... Tell me. How does it feel to join Arsenal? And what was your reaction?"

Podolski: "It's fantastic. I've always liked Arsenal's style. Such a classy side. They have a great history too, with some great players playing for them. I can't wait to meet up with them."

Interviewer: "I'm sure you'll meet some of them in the Euros. You had other suitors interested in your services I hear."

Podolski: "Yeah. But I was only interested in Arsenal. As soon as I was told Wenger was on the phone, I put everyone else on hold."

Interviewer: "Mind telling us who the other clubs were?"

Podolski: "I'm not too sure Bernd. Don't you think I can get into trouble for that, or something?"

Interviewer: "Absolutely not. In section 46- Freedom of......."

Podolski: "Ok. I get it. Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, Inter, Manchester United and a small team in London who I dismissed immediately, Fulham."

Interviewer: "Fulham?"

Podolski: "... I think so. Not too sure. Let me check"

<Podolski checks his voicemail messages>

Voicemail machine: "You have 5 new messages and one saved message.

1st Message received 26th April 2012. Hi there Lukas. I'm Daniel Levy of Tottenham football club. You might have heard of us. Been told we're big in Germany and that all the players there would love to join us. Anyway. Guess what? Out of all the players we have decided to purchase you. Pack your bags Lukas. This is once in a lifetime opportunity. I've booked the ticket and leased an apartment for you. I expect to see you in my office tomorrow.

2nd Message received 28th April 2012 Mr Podolski, it's me again. I sent a limo to pick you up at the airport, and you weren't there. Think it's funny to waste my time? It's unfortunate. But we have decided not to gamble on you. Your behavior is despicable. And totally disrespectful. Have a good day.

3rd Message received 28th April 2012
.......Lukas. We're willing to negotiate with you, and come to some sort of an agreement. In other words, we, Tottenham Hotspur have decided to give you another chance. Pat yourself on the back, Lukas. We don't hand out second chances, ever. You're the first one in our history. Well done. I've booked you another ticket. It's for today. Be at my office at 6pm sharp, please."

4th Message received 28th April 2012
I am so disappointed in you son. It is utterly embarrassing that a professional person of any sort can behave in this unprofessional manner. Only in Germany. You have wasted my time. Now continue wasting your career in that rubbish club Bayern Leverkusen or whatever. Goodbye.

5th Message received 29th April 2012 .........<muttering in the background>
Levy: I don't know.
Redknapp: We'll see about that.......'ello Lukas. How ye doin? Good? Triffic. Triffic. Daniel's told me about it all. What's going on? Thought you wanted to play for a big team and make history. So why are you there at Bayer Levermakusen? You could be here playing with the best players in the world. Your Bales. Your Adebayors, Lennons and Ekottos of this world. Instead you're wasting ya talent in Germany. Sort yourself out Lukas. Join us.......Please?"

Podolski: "............ Sorry. I meant Tottenham"

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Hehe Srigooner rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:38 pm

srigooner wrote:Maybe this really happen with Poldi Wink :

Speaking to Lukas Podolski after his training session; he explains why he chose Arsenal, and why he rejected Tottenham.

Interviewer: "Lukas. Nice to have you with us. How are you?"

Podolski: "I'm good Bernd. Bit tired after that grueling training sessions. But I'm fine. Yourself?"

Interviewer: "All good. Thanks for asking, Lukas. Ok....... Tell me. How does it feel to join Arsenal? And what was your reaction?"

Podolski: "It's fantastic. I've always liked Arsenal's style. Such a classy side. They have a great history too, with some great players playing for them. I can't wait to meet up with them."

Interviewer: "I'm sure you'll meet some of them in the Euros. You had other suitors interested in your services I hear."

Podolski: "Yeah. But I was only interested in Arsenal. As soon as I was told Wenger was on the phone, I put everyone else on hold."

Interviewer: "Mind telling us who the other clubs were?"

Podolski: "I'm not too sure Bernd. Don't you think I can get into trouble for that, or something?"

Interviewer: "Absolutely not. In section 46- Freedom of......."

Podolski: "Ok. I get it. Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, Inter, Manchester United and a small team in London who I dismissed immediately, Fulham."

Interviewer: "Fulham?"

Podolski: "... I think so. Not too sure. Let me check"

<Podolski checks his voicemail messages>

Voicemail machine: "You have 5 new messages and one saved message.

1st Message received 26th April 2012. Hi there Lukas. I'm Daniel Levy of Tottenham football club. You might have heard of us. Been told we're big in Germany and that all the players there would love to join us. Anyway. Guess what? Out of all the players we have decided to purchase you. Pack your bags Lukas. This is once in a lifetime opportunity. I've booked the ticket and leased an apartment for you. I expect to see you in my office tomorrow.

2nd Message received 28th April 2012 Mr Podolski, it's me again. I sent a limo to pick you up at the airport, and you weren't there. Think it's funny to waste my time? It's unfortunate. But we have decided not to gamble on you. Your behavior is despicable. And totally disrespectful. Have a good day.

3rd Message received 28th April 2012
.......Lukas. We're willing to negotiate with you, and come to some sort of an agreement. In other words, we, Tottenham Hotspur have decided to give you another chance. Pat yourself on the back, Lukas. We don't hand out second chances, ever. You're the first one in our history. Well done. I've booked you another ticket. It's for today. Be at my office at 6pm sharp, please."

4th Message received 28th April 2012
I am so disappointed in you son. It is utterly embarrassing that a professional person of any sort can behave in this unprofessional manner. Only in Germany. You have wasted my time. Now continue wasting your career in that rubbish club Bayern Leverkusen or whatever. Goodbye.

5th Message received 29th April 2012 .........<muttering in the background>
Levy: I don't know.
Redknapp: We'll see about that.......'ello Lukas. How ye doin? Good? Triffic. Triffic. Daniel's told me about it all. What's going on? Thought you wanted to play for a big team and make history. So why are you there at Bayer Levermakusen? You could be here playing with the best players in the world. Your Bales. Your Adebayors, Lennons and Ekottos of this world. Instead you're wasting ya talent in Germany. Sort yourself out Lukas. Join us.......Please?"

Podolski: "............ Sorry. I meant Tottenham"

This is the funniest thing I have read in my life rofl rofl List of players that rejected Spurs recently Roflrofl rofl List of players that rejected Spurs recently Roflrofl rofl List of players that rejected Spurs recently Roflrofl rofl List of players that rejected Spurs recently Rofl

I am dead.

Last edited by The Messiah on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Haters gonna hate
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Abramovich wrote:Off the top of my head:

Oscar
Sahin
Pranijic
Llorente
Damiao?

Didn't you guys already screw them pretty badly this year? Why take additional cheap shots when the damage has been done?

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:54 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Haters gonna hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:00 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Haters gonna hate

Come on, be a sport.. Its Spuds we are talking about! They have a chicken balancing on a beachball! Hard to take them seriously, nay? Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Abramovich wrote:Off the top of my head:

Oscar
Sahin
Pranijic
Llorente
Damiao?

A bit speculative, but the following suffices for our purposes eh!

August 2011: Mata Rejects Spurs
January 2012: Cahill Rejects Spurs
May 2012: Marin Rejects Spurs
June 2012: Hazard Rejects Spurs
July 2012: Oscar RejectsSpurs
August 2012: Cazorla Rejects Spurs
August 2012: Rondon Rejects Spurs
August 2012: Ramirez Rejects Spurs
August 2012: Soldado Rejects Spurs
August 2012: Pjanic Rejects Spurs

The reality is that Levy unmasked his true colours infront of the world last summer, going back on a gentleman's agreement and forcing Modric to stay aswell as all the other carp. That list will only get longer in the coming season's for aslong as Levy is there.

Kranjar also said similar, that he was stuck in that hell hole until someone matched Spurs's valuation despite the fact he never played.

Very few top players, unless they are past their peak, will touch Tottenham now unless it's on a year long loan deal.

Harsh, but Levy only has himself to blame

EDIT: Did I mention Soldado? Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:22 pm

RedOranje wrote:

I think he was not keen on them for quite a while when Arsenal was also linked with him in the past summers.. But he signed for them earlier this summer..

Vertonghen quotes from this summer.

"I am aware of Arsenal’s interest, but that is not an option I am thinking about"
"I will wait for Tottenham and Ajax to sort things out, and what happened in Munich makes no difference. It might affect Tottenham’s budget, but it doesn’t change my mind about joining them."
"Tottenham are absolutely my favourite,"
"Tottenham is a fantastic football club that has the tradition I want,"

Just wanted to put that out there.

And there is nothing wrong with the ambition Tottenham have. At least they aren't aiming to be forever a top 6 team, they want to be top 4, and they're going for top players. Damaio never rejected Spurs btw, they were priced out of a deal. Doesn't really matter how many rejections you get if you can land a top player that makes the difference. And having no CL football is a big deal breaker, which they would have had if Chelsea hadn't won the CL.

Haters gonna hate.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Yeah they've been getting rejected...but lets be honest they've been showing more ambition than Arsenal
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:36 pm

As much as I hate to say it. I have to agree with above post. Spuds stick their heads out and often get slapped Laughing ..... But ..... they do manage to get pretty mean looking squads on paper for a non-CL team. Repeat. A non-CL team.

EDIT: I mean I agree with CBarca's post - I do not mean the above post. In fact I deplore the above post and believe it to be a complete fallacy. Have you been living under a rock for the past couple of months?
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:49 pm

@CBarca:

Yup, I am not disagreeing with you there. He did prioritize Spurs over Arsenal this summer, because we have Vermaelen/Koscielny/Mertesacker/Djourou already. Which ever way you look at it, there was no sense in him moving to Emirates to get lesser playing time. Nor were Arsenal is desperate need of a defender anymore - but he had been linked with us, rather strongly, and there are quotes from previous summers, when we had a shaky defense. I just can't dredge through media archives to bother finding them right now.

And I agree, that CL qualification was a major blow for attracting top players. But then again, Daniel Levy hasn't acted like a saint with Kranjcar and Modric now, has he? After Kranjcar publicly made that statement about the transfer policy, any player would think twice about joining Spurs, don't you think? Ofcourse, it is not justified to think that Spurs should bend over backwards and sell their players the minute a bigger club comes knocking. But two player sagas over back to back summers can only hurt.

And after offering my sympathies and trying to reason/support favourably for Tottenham in this post, I MUST DO THIS:

List of players that rejected Spurs recently Spuds_13

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:53 pm

Sorry it took some time to reply.. Even with the power of google, it took a while to hunt down the pics of all the players Laughing

@Peccadillo - Yes, yes. Ofcourse. But its Spurs! Whats life as a gooner if you can't take a dig at them! Very Happy

Oh and being interested in big players is a sign of ambition now? If there was real ambition, then half those players would have been convinced to join aboard. Trust me, after hunting down SO many images, I am pretty serious when I say this. Neutral

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:07 pm

Fair enough. I didn't want anyone to get the idea that Vertonghen didn't really want Spurs though. He thinks very highly of the club.

I don't see Levy violating Modric's agreement though. He's still going to go to Madrid. So what if he's trying to get the best deal possible, that's his job, and Modric's behavior hasn't helped him do that, or he could have been gone a long time ago. Levy isn't going to let Madrid lowball him when Modric is on contract till 2016 ffs, Modric will be in Madrid soon enough.

Kranjcar one is just bad. But that's what you get when your shite Laughing no but it was bad.

But I have to question this thread. I know it's funny to everyone to laugh at Spurs (for whatever reason), but rejection means f*ck all for a club like Tottenham who is very ambitious. In fact, I commend Tottenham on their ambition and I hope it continues, they clearly want CL football more than anyone else outside the typical top 4 right now, other than maybe Liverpool.

Oh and being interested in big players is a sign of ambition now? If there was real ambition, then half those players would have been convinced to join aboard. Trust me, after hunting down SO many images, I am pretty serious when I say this.

As said, no CL football (f you chelsea) is a deal breaker, that was Sahin's reason, not to mention the 70-80k pound/week salary cap. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking Tottenham is a top top club. They don't have the prestige, the spending power, or the tools necessary to make top players like Llorente/Cazorla/Sahin/maybe Podolski come here, so this is all they've got. The fact that they're going after top players is ambition for a club like Tottenham, I don't see how it's not. I mean, it's more ambition than Arsenal who have been selling their captains and then not spending the money necessary for a proper title challenge, and it shows. The gap between Arsenal and Tottenham has closed in recent years, and I expect it to close even more.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:24 pm

justdoit_ wrote:With the amount of abuse they get on the daily without repercussion, a pissed off Spurs supporter joining the forum would be so damn juicy.

rabble rabble rabble f**k you gooners rabble rabble rabble

To be honest while its no good to see players turning down the opportunity to play with us we still have a very ambitious squad and manager and one of the best chairman in Daniel Levy, we kept our core squad from last season (bar modric) and have added some good signings already in Vertoghen and Siggurddsson and still another in modrics replacement
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:22 am

As said, no CL football (f you chelsea) is a deal breaker, that was Sahin's reason, not to mention the 70-80k pound/week salary cap. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking Tottenham is a top top club. They don't have the prestige, the spending power, or the tools necessary to make top players like Llorente/Cazorla/Sahin/maybe Podolski come here, so this is all they've got. The fact that they're going after top players is ambition for a club like Tottenham, I don't see how it's not. I mean, it's more ambition than Arsenal who have been selling their captains and then not spending the money necessary for a proper title challenge, and it shows. The gap between Arsenal and Tottenham has closed in recent years, and I expect it to close even more..

Dont forget we have signed the biggest contract of the decade between the two clubs.. a 60,000 seater 400million pound stadium... That seems pretty ambitious to me..

Spuds are ambitious with their signings.. yes (arguably overzealous).. But I dont think theres the need to initiate a "who is the most ambitious in North London" debate. Each club must negate their level of ambition within the confines of their circumstance.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:25 am

Very passionate and I can appreciate that. Cheers to you for that. But I will not take some of those comments. See below:

CBarca wrote:Fair enough. I didn't want anyone to get the idea that Vertonghen didn't really want Spurs though. He thinks very highly of the club.

I never denied that. All I am saying is, he would have come to Arsenal when we were on the look out in previous summers. We didn't do any business then and this summer, we are already covered. That doesn't imply he doesn't like Spurs, either team was a step up for him. Again, if we were interested and needed him as a CB option, CL football would have tipped it in our favour this summer.

CBarca wrote:
I don't see Levy violating Modric's agreement though. He's still going to go to Madrid. So what if he's trying to get the best deal possible, that's his job, and Modric's behavior hasn't helped him do that, or he could have been gone a long time ago. Levy isn't going to let Madrid lowball him when Modric is on contract till 2016 ffs, Modric will be in Madrid soon enough.

Kranjcar one is just bad. But that's what you get when your shite Laughing no but it was bad.

I agree on this. Kranjcar speaking ill would have been a warning for potential signings though. The whole saga with Modric was handled rather poorly, both this summer and the previous. Again, that is not implying Spurs should just sell their star man below their evaluation. But being a little more negotiable might have done away with the entire saga, and made life easier in preseason for all of you.

I am not trolling when I say this, but after two sagas last summer, we learnt our lessons on how much they can hurt.

CBarca wrote:
But I have to question this thread. I know it's funny to everyone to laugh at Spurs (for whatever reason), but rejection means f*ck all for a club like Tottenham who is very ambitious. In fact, I commend Tottenham on their ambition and I hope it continues, they clearly want CL football more than anyone else outside the typical top 4 right now, other than maybe Liverpool.

Liverpool? Come on. They are atleast 2 good summers away from being in the top 4. They have been going backwards, and for their sake, I hope it takes a turn. The days when they were serious rivals were much better than having to deal with some cash bags.

I would want to say Newcastle, but their stinginess makes me wonder sometimes. I am sure Mole would agree on this.

CBarca wrote:

Oh and being interested in big players is a sign of ambition now? If there was real ambition, then half those players would have been convinced to join aboard. Trust me, after hunting down SO many images, I am pretty serious when I say this.

As said, no CL football (f you chelsea) is a deal breaker, that was Sahin's reason, not to mention the 70-80k pound/week salary cap. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking Tottenham is a top top club. They don't have the prestige, the spending power, or the tools necessary to make top players like Llorente/Cazorla/Sahin/maybe Podolski come here, so this is all they've got. The fact that they're going after top players is ambition for a club like Tottenham, I don't see how it's not. I mean, it's more ambition than Arsenal who have been selling their captains and then not spending the money necessary for a proper title challenge, and it shows. The gap between Arsenal and Tottenham has closed in recent years, and I expect it to close even more.

This argument really ticks me off now. We would not spend bucketloads, because we don't have bucketloads in the first place. We are heavily reliant on our matchday revenues and that isn't going to change till our long term sponsorship deals run out. Those deals were needed to finance the new stadium, and the annual debt payments for the staidum also is a drain on our resources.

I am not saying we are without fault. We made two big mistakes - letting players run down their deals and having deadwood on high wages. Combine that with the number of season long injuries to key players and you have a trophyless period.

But we have persevered to stay in top flight and CL. Despite a lack of trophies, we have built our fan base and philosophy with good club management through times of financial constraints. We are a successful club, whether you admit it or not, and whether we win trophies or not. Not saying we are okay with 4th place trophies - rather, saying that we are okay with that in this transition phase.

Btw, we signed those players you mentioned for a combined figure of around 40 million. We spent that money from what we saved through the years, not after generating it from Pursie/Song sales. A bulk of what we got for Fabregas & Ca$hri was spent in that last day market dash last summer.

Again, it is not enough to be linked with top players if you can't finish some of those deals. If you feel you have the money to bid for them, then have the convincing power to get them to join as well. If you want to talk about 'ambition' and take a dig at Arsenal selling star players, why are you selling your arguably best player? Clearly you aren't being any different?

We manage to move past players being c*nts and create new stars to take us forward. We try to get the best deals possible within the limits of our financial muscle for players coming in. To say that this is reflecting negatively on our ambition is absolute rubbish. Rewind January 2011 when we were in good stead for a quadruple before f*cking it all up.

We had trouble last summer with those two sagas but did our best to recover and make it into CL. THAT was being ambitious too. We again had a couple of players who wanted to be bigger than the club and we sold them on fairly good prices to move forward again.

Just because we sell players does not imply we have no ambition. Just as being linked with a player does not show ambition. True ambition is when you do something about it.

PS: I know I trolled in my earlier posts, but this one is a lot more sincere and respectful of your position this summer. Unlike most chavs, I am not writing off AVB as a manager yet either - go dig up my post in 'rival watch' thread in arsenal section when AVB signed for you guys. So please, instead of using a 'haters gonna hate' cliche, try to have a reasonable argument.

And sorry to the mods for the massive off-topic comments. The ones on topic were troll-worthy anyway eco smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next