Red Alert
LeSwagg James
Highburied
windkick
Mamad
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Higuain on the verge of greatness? - Page 5 Empty Re: Higuain on the verge of greatness?

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:25 pm

thing is Benzema himself doesnt care that much about not scoring nowadays, he wants to be the new Zidane.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Higuain on the verge of greatness? - Page 5 Empty Re: Higuain on the verge of greatness?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:26 pm

The Franchise wrote:To quote Gil Bayless...he doesnt have the clutch gene.

And a bunch of numerous others that I cbf finding on youtube

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:26 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:thing is Benzema himself doesnt care that much about not scoring nowadays, he wants to be the new Zidane.

He said that he misses scoring goals. At the same time he said he sees creating a goal as equal to scoring one.

From what I saw in the World cup qualifiers, he's trying, but most of all he just looks rusty from........well a lack of playing time.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:34 pm

he is not rusty, he aint making runs ffs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Whatever, I was just mentioning a couple lowly World Cup qualifiers but they don't need to be part of your sample.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Stop showing me these winning goals against these scrubs teams. For everyone of them I probably could show you a sitter like vs Lyon, or recently one vs Barca...sometimes they cost you (Lyon) and sometimes they dont (use) but they are a consistent feature of his game..missing great chances in big matches vs great opponants who might not always give you that many chances to miss.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Yeh, I don't understand why he keeps missing those chances.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:51 pm

he misses one chance, the next minute he will get another until eventually he scores, and its not like your defence is what has stopped him from scoring or horrible shots to the 50th row in the stadium, it has been due to great goalkeeping nothing more nothing less

during that season in which he missed that unlucky goal by an inch against Lyon, him and Ronaldo were trying to score most between them and in the end he decided to not pass to an open Ronaldo... intraspecific competiton for goals Laughing

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:54 pm

The Franchise wrote:Stop showing me these winning goals against these scrubs teams. For everyone of them I probably could show you a sitter like vs Lyon, or recently one vs Barca...sometimes they cost you (Lyon) and sometimes they dont (use) but they are a consistent feature of his game..missing great chances in big matches vs great opponants who might not always give you that many chances to miss.

He did open the scoring in the 6-2 debacle against us if I remember correctly. That is playing well in a big game although he can't play defense too. Not to mention a Hat Trick in the World Cup, I could list tons of peoples favorite players who have never done that.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:00 pm

he is young, he will learn. It's mental.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:00 pm

His record in the CL is pretty pitiful and he's worse than Ibra in the clutch.

Dani has already mentioned the Lyon sitter & his chokejob against Barca but the one that still sticks out to me is him failing to stay onside against Bayern after Marcelo's brilliant run in the semi's last year.

Why are people mentioning hims scoring a hattrick against a scrub team in the group stages btw? Who cares?

I'd have him in my Top 10 if he was more consistent in the big games. Not saying he has to be Drogba MK2 but missing those 5/6 chances against Barca was unforgivable for a player of his quality.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:08 pm

in Ibra's case its due to his team not complementing him, If Sweden had been in CL he would have done alot better, Coaches should learn from Hamren how to get the best out of Ibra

With regards to Higuain, last time he played all games in CL he was about 20 years old, after that him and Benz have shared the mins with Benz getting most of them, how can he do better with those mins??

The reason we create 10+ plus chances against Barca is because of Higuain, like it or not the guy is one of the reasons we have started to play fluid against them, he is probably so surprised that all of a sudden he gets 10+ chances rather than 2 to feed on like he gets against any other team

blame Valdez for him not scorign all his chances against Barca
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:20 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
The reason we create 10+ plus chances against Barca is because of Higuain, like it or not the guy is one of the reasons we have started to play fluid against them, he is probably so surprised that all of a sudden he gets 10+ chances rather than 2 to feed on like he gets against any other team

last time we created more chances because the team as a whole was playing great, namely the midfield. Dont underestimate the fact that we are getting a lot better at playing barcelona nowadays as well. Higgy's deep runs are very useful tho, no one will deny that. But he had no excuse for missing that much. we could have buried them had he scored his chances
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:28 pm

There were some chances he could have done better on like that Marcherano block which he should have scored, but don't underestimate Baldez here, he was the one who kept Barca in the game, maybe next time he(Higuain) should go for top corners rather than between his legs which Baldez has learnt to close every time he meets us.higuain hasn't really tested that yet has he??.. but i am confident had it been any other keeper Higuain would have scored at least another one. Baldez was so determined to rectify his brain fart in the first leg that he played like as if he had just missed out ongolden gloves last season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Stop showing me these winning goals against these scrubs teams. For everyone of them I probably could show you a sitter like vs Lyon, or recently one vs Barca...sometimes they cost you (Lyon) and sometimes they dont (use) but they are a consistent feature of his game..missing great chances in big matches vs great opponants who might not always give you that many chances to miss.

He did open the scoring in the 6-2 debacle against us if I remember correctly. That is playing well in a big game although he can't play defense too. Not to mention a Hat Trick in the World Cup, I could list tons of peoples favorite players who have never done that.

Well I never said he sucked in every single big game, or even he never scored in one...but what I did mean was, in those big games he has a bad habit of spurning great chances. Against the best of the best you dont always get those chances.

Again, like Gil, I am not saying he isnt quality..he obviously is. But just like Gil, there are a few names I would rather have instead. One of them plays for own team, another plays for his NT team.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Pipita does tend to have certain bad moments in big games Iagree eg: L
YON game , or the barca game .. But he has also performed really well in a lot of big games, 2 of them against barca itself, not to mention so many winners. Just calling them scrub teams is stupid, every point counts specially when he scored those goals. Does tend to have misses every now and then but so do the likes of ronaldo and messi.

Can still improve on his big games and more specifically in the cl matches , but is on his way to become a white legend
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:09 am

Not that I disagree with you, but I thought you said you didn't believe in labels like "big game flops" a few months back?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:54 am

And I still dont.

But he does miss chances in big games, thats a fact. I am not sure why that is but its true.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:05 am

I think Higuain's biggest issue is Benzema.

One of them should leave Real Madrid to play consistently.

Higuain's style of play is really unique.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:35 am

Well he still has a lot of time to develop himself and experience can never hurt your chances. Out of players in his age group he's definitely one of the better ones.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:35 am

I don't think higuain flops in big games in the sense that he makes the right runs. He doesn't freeze up at all... It's just that you're facing the Neuer, Llloris, etc of the world and you have to be perfect. But the thing is that you can't try to be perfect. You have to hit your shots and accept that most of them will be saved. Higuain tries to be too perfct against top teams when he really should just stay relaxed and hit his shot. When he tries too hard, the result is actually worse. Hope that made sense lol.

Really all mental.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Yeh mentally he can maybe improve. I think he just needs a consistent run in the team. That way he'll eventually start scoring those chances he usually misses vs big sides occasionally.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5