Red Alert
LeSwagg James
Highburied
windkick
Mamad
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Higuain on the verge of greatness? - Page 4 Empty Re: Higuain on the verge of greatness?

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:06 pm

The only season Higuain was our top scorer was 08-09. Ronaldo arrived in 09. tongue

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Higuain on the verge of greatness? - Page 4 Empty Re: Higuain on the verge of greatness?

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:The only season Higuain was our top scorer was 08-09. Ronaldo arrived in 09. tongue

Higuain was top scorer in La liga in 09-10
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:The only season Higuain was our top scorer was 08-09. Ronaldo arrived in 09. tongue

No Messi was. He did outscore CR7 by 1 that year for Madrid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_La_Liga
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:

No Messi was. He did outscore CR7 by 1 that year for Madrid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_La_Liga

Well that's what I meant lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Le Samourai wrote:

Yeh, I mean prior to Ronaldo arriving.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Arq I disagree that Higgy is more harmful against Barca. As a Barca fan, I think it's definitely Benzema. Last season Benz stepped up significantly against Barca and was more decisive. Madrid don't control the play against Barca and as a result it's better to have a striker that does more with the ball and sees more of it rather than a pure poacher that doesn't see much of it, and that is famed for bottling it in big games.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Higuain disrupts Barca's backline by making runs.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:27 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Arq I disagree that Higgy is more harmful against Barca. As a Barca fan, I think it's definitely Benzema. Last season Benz stepped up significantly against Barca and was more decisive. Madrid don't control the play against Barca and as a result it's better to have a striker that does more with the ball and sees more of it rather than a pure poacher that doesn't see much of it, and that is famed for bottling it in big games.

And you're also a Higuain fan. I thought i read the Barca board going on and on about how they wished Higuain would start over Benz at the end of last year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Casillas says Benz is sad? Does Benz want out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:40 pm

Crimson wrote:Casillas says Benz is sad? Does Benz want out?

Well I think Casillas was kinda trying to make a joke with the pic...

Edit.

It was this pic

Higuain on the verge of greatness? - Page 4 Tumblr_maalndlEVU1qfvbbio1_1280

With the Caption

"The only person sad in this picture is Benzema"

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Lol. Thank god Iker said that and not Benz himself. They should go talk to the 25% unemployed in Spain first before daring to complain like that...

But to answer your question, yes he wants out and has wanted it for almost a month now.

Not sure who leaves, but someone is leaving. I keep hoping for kaka and it never happens. At least Lass left so i feel a bit better there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Lol. Thank god Iker said that and not Benz himself. They should go talk to the 25% unemployed in Spain first before daring to complain like that...

But to answer your question, yes he wants out and has wanted it for almost a month now.

Not sure who leaves, but someone is leaving. I keep hoping for kaka and it never happens. At least Lass left so i feel a bit better there.

Explains why Higuain is getting playing time then

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:58 pm

No... Higuain is in better form and no doubt about it. He deserves his run.

The issue was that Benz was told he would get most of the preseason minutes and the first opportunity to start the season. So he came in very fit physically, but counting on preseason to get his footy sharpness back. Then he barely played the preseason and was told he's not ready to start.

There was an explanation that happened with Mou early and the conversation went badly.

What you're seeing is Benz training himself for his next club as opposed to doing what he needs to win the CF job with is current one.

I don't really like Benz' reaction because i do feel he should do what's best for Madrid... but i also understand his reaction much better than than the "i am sad" bs from CR7.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:00 pm

sportsczy wrote:Not sure who leaves, but someone is leaving. I keep hoping for kaka and it never happens. At least Lass left so i feel a bit better there.

Carvalho is definitely going and if Kaka does not get playing time then he should do the most honourable thing and either lower his wages so that another team can take him on or he should terminate his contract... if he wants to improve than he is ever so welcome if not gtfo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:02 pm

When does Kaka's contract end?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:03 pm

I'd personally take Rooney, Ibra, Aguero, Tevez, RVP, Falcao, Benz, Messi, Villa & Balotelli ahead of him.

Still a great player though obviously.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:04 pm

HIguain is getting more time because he is in a better form. He is scoring in every games, and he did fairly well in the clasicos. His preseason was also pretty good, and he is consistent. i dont look further than that, he deserves the starring spot, Benzema is starting from behind and it's only fair.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Yeah but Nick. If you look at form going into the season, both Ozil and CR7 should be on the bench. They were utter garbage in preseason and even to start the season.

A player prepares himself based on his circumstances. The manager shouldn't misguide here. Benz focused on being in great physical shape and then use preseason for footy sharpness. His preparation would have been different if the was told the truth.

TBH, Mou was just weaseling a way to keep both for one more year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:HIguain is getting more time because he is in a better form. He is scoring in every games, and he did fairly well in the clasicos. His preseason was also pretty good, and he is consistent. i dont look further than that, he deserves the starring spot, Benzema is starting from behind and it's only fair.

Do you agree Higuain needs to have more of an impact in the bigger games before being crowned GOAT?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Gil wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:HIguain is getting more time because he is in a better form. He is scoring in every games, and he did fairly well in the clasicos. His preseason was also pretty good, and he is consistent. i dont look further than that, he deserves the starring spot, Benzema is starting from behind and it's only fair.

Do you agree Higuain needs to have more of an impact in the bigger games before being crowned GOAT?
I think many of the forwards you named ahead of him were called goats without being incredible in bigger games...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:15 pm

To quote Gil Bayless...he doesnt have the clutch gene.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Strikers who offer more than goals > strikers who only score goals?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Strikers who offer more than goals > strikers who only score goals?

Not if said striker who offers more than goals doesnt get enough himself.

He is a striker, his primary role is finding the back of the net.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:To quote Gil Bayless...he doesnt have the clutch gene.

Show me a player his age with as many 90th minute Game winners Very Happy
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:24 pm

thing is Benzema himself doesnt care that much about not scoring nowadays, he wants to be the new Zidane.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:25 pm

thing is Benzema himself doesnt care that much about not scoring nowadays, he wants to be the new Zidane.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next