Red Alert
LeSwagg James
Highburied
windkick
Mamad
26 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Higuain on the verge of greatness? - Page 2 Empty Re: Higuain on the verge of greatness?

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:22 am

ynwa wrote:He's hardly a flop. He's going through a bad drought...

On a side note, it's a bit dissapointing that someone that doesn't even support RM is defending Karim here.

*Bad goal drought

I don't really see the need to droned him anymore , the people
who watch him know he's playing well.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Higuain on the verge of greatness? - Page 2 Empty Re: Higuain on the verge of greatness?

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:24 am

Le Samourai wrote:Can score 60 a season if made the main scorer on the team. I rather we lose Benzema as well TBH, I think he himself can do better elsewhere, Higuain is Madrrid through and through. Anyway, everyone knows what I actually want lol.

But I consider him a legend, Legend is not solely about stats, his stats are great, but the way he wears the shirt and what he's done under adversity and scrutiny means more to me.

Team doesn't play for him, and he has no higher backing but he gets it done anyway.

well said josh, i too think Benzema can show his true potential elsewhere, the way Madrid play isn't really suited for Benzema, he is a guy who likes to roam around rather than be a true number 9, i see him exactly like Ibra only that Benzema likes to roam round the wings while Ibra likes to drop very deep

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:26 am

Dnmac4 wrote:Oh and hey Ninis, what's with the Holocaust picture from the movie "Boy with the stripped Pajamas?

Why in the world would you have that as your picture on a football website, especially that picture from the movie?

BTW, this isn't an attack on you or anything it just looks wildly out of place and I'm wondering if I missed something or just what the deal is because you have been a decent poster and it's just well a Holocaust picture.
yeah seems odd

its just that i saw the movie recently and very much liked it
was looking for this spesific picture in the first place cause it shows a powerful moment from a perfect angle, more of it for the moment it self and the difference between the 2 lifes that werent equally fair than the whole movie's story

would be more normal if it was from a popular "badass" or funny movie rather than a depressing one and related to history "violence" in this case , but i am into the drama thing, and i tend to share what i find interesting, even if it is in a wrong place for it, like this : |
changed now though Wink

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:49 am

Except the way Real Madrid should play suits Benzema. Smile

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:52 am

It's suits Higuain to. He's scored in every game we've played so far lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:03 pm

Benzema is better outside the box, Higuain is better in it

IMO benzema plays better in Ronaldo's current position and trying to play as a true 9 does not suit his play style at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Can score 60 a season if made the main scorer on the team. I rather we lose Benzema as well TBH, I think he himself can do better elsewhere,

United's door is always open for him cheers I don't care how many strikers we have ...
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Pretty sure PSG would drop a metric fck-ton of cash for Benzema.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:25 pm

----------Cleverley---Kagawa
--Nani------------Rooney-------Benzema
--------------------RVP

hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Who would defend in that formation? lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:35 pm

I rather he go to Arsenal or *Dreams* Liverpool.

Arsenal would probably be the best fit as long as he refrains from using their medical faculties.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:41 pm

SAF will convert Kagawa into an all round B2B. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Actually, CR7 wants Benz more because Higuain forces him outside the scoring areas. 3 of CR7's 4 goals this season were with Benz on. His record breaking goalscoring years have also come when partnered with Benz. He just switches back and forth between CF and left strriker and Madrid don't lose a thing with Benz moving around. Higuain doesn't go left very well. He decent at going right and fantastic in the box.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Just depends what you want.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Zealous wrote:Pretty sure PSG would drop a metric fck-ton of cash for Benzema.
oh yes they would, but benzema wouldnt go there

Zealous wrote:Who would defend in that formation? lol

rooney to Madrid eco smile
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:00 pm

sportsczy wrote:Actually, CR7 wants Benz more because Higuain forces him outside the scoring areas. 3 of CR7's 4 goals this season were with Benz on. His record breaking goalscoring years have also come when partnered with Benz. He just switches back and forth between CF and left strriker and Madrid don't lose a thing with Benz moving around. Higuain doesn't go left very well. He decent at going right and fantastic in the box.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Just depends what you want.

Actually Both of Ronaldo's goals against Barcelona Higuain was on the pitch

Only Ronaldo's two goals against Granada were scored with Benzema and that had more to do with the opposition rather than Benzema starting over Higuain.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:11 pm

Actually no. Higuain came on right after the goal in CR7's goal in the first leg (http://espnfc.com/uk/en/report/352088/report.html?soccernet=true&cc=5739). Higuain was on in the goal in the second leg. And Higuain was playing when Madrid played worst or similar opponents than Granada.

Bottom line is that CR7 exploded in goalscoring the past 2 seasons when Benzema was playing the most. This season, CR7 has started the season relatively slowly compared to his pace of the last 2 years and Benzema has played less.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Cr7 scoring has nothing to do with Benzema being on the pitch other than Benzema not minding stepping aside for Cr7 when it comes to scoring, Higuain is a main goalscorer and a goal-loving merchant like Ronaldo will not change Higuain's role in our team. Its to no surprise we get more chances when Higauin is on than when Benz particularly against Barca because the guy doesn't sleep-walk around the pitch and stays in his position giving defenders headache

I mean Benzema at the Euros demonstrated his inability to play pure CF, thats not exactly what we need in our team

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Btw, I agree that we're trying to fit Benzema into a role that doesn't suit his game. He can do it as his performance the last 2 seasons have proven. But it never looks very comfortable with him.

He wants to leave Madrid actually. Flo and Zidane are trying to persuade him otherwise. Zidane has even started campaigning for him to stay publicly in France. During the interantional break, he said things like "we should leave Benzema alone", "He is very well protected and loved here", "He should remain and grow with the managers at Madrid and France". He's not just throwing these things out there on a whim. There is big discontent by Benzema although he hasn't gone to the press and declared that he's sad lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:24 pm

The sleep walking is moving into space to get the ball.

I think his ability t to play CF really depends on what type of team he's in and how much he touches the ball within play. I think it's difficult for him to play as a off balll CF in a counter attacking team.

That's completely against everything his style encompasses.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:29 pm

If we can get 50m from PSG, sell him :coffee:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:29 pm

Le Samourai wrote:The sleep walking is moving into space to get the ball.

I think his ability t to play CF really depends on what type of team he's in and how much he touches the ball within play. I think it's difficult for him to play as a off balll CF in a counter attacking team.

That's completely against everything his style encompasses.

most of the times i don't really see him or anybody that covers the CF for him while he is away searching for the ball. In fact i know the wing position will suit him because he is so overly attached to it as it is and it hurts us because we have to rely on Ronaldo for goals which i don't like

I agree with your last point, he is not suited to play off ball counter attacking CF which is why he has had difficulties scoring
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:Actually no. Higuain came on right after the goal in CR7's goal in the first leg (http://espnfc.com/uk/en/report/352088/report.html?soccernet=true&cc=5739). Higuain was on in the goal in the second leg. And Higuain was playing when Madrid played worst or similar opponents than Granada.

Bottom line is that CR7 exploded in goalscoring the past 2 seasons when Benzema was playing the most. This season, CR7 has started the season relatively slowly compared to his pace of the last 2 years and Benzema has played less.

Ok thenn so how was Ronaldo scoring a goal from a corner influenced by Benzema being on the pitch lmao

Until Benz picks up his form he should not be on the pitch end of.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:30 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Cr7 scoring has nothing to do with Benzema being on the pitch other than Benzema not minding stepping aside for Cr7 when it comes to scoring, Higuain is a main goalscorer and a goal-loving merchant like Ronaldo will not change Higuain's role in our team. Its to no surprise we get more chances when Higauin is on than when Benz particularly against Barca because the guy doesn't sleep-walk around the pitch and stays in his position giving defenders headache

I mean Benzema at the Euros demonstrated his inability to play pure CF, thats not exactly what we need in our team

You do realize that Benz had 3 goals and 1 assist in 5 games against Barca last year. Just ask Barca fans on here if they would prefer to face Benz or Higuain. He played big when he had to.

He also ended up with 33 goals and 15 assist with Madrid last year.

Just because he didn't do well in the Euro when France had Diarra, M'Vila and Cabaye as the players providing him lol... Nasri sucked even worse. He ended trying to create for himself.

This year, he has 3 assists in 5 total games in about 290 mins. That's an assist a game and he's starting slow.

In the end, you cannot deny the quality of Benzema just like you cannot Higuain's nose for scoring.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:Btw, I agree that we're trying to fit Benzema into a role that doesn't suit his game. He can do it as his performance the last 2 seasons have proven. But it never looks very comfortable with him.

He wants to leave Madrid actually. Flo and Zidane are trying to persuade him otherwise. Zidane has even started campaigning for him to stay publicly in France. During the interantional break, he said things like "we should leave Benzema alone", "He is very well protected and loved here", "He should remain and grow with the managers at Madrid and France". He's not just throwing these things out there on a whim. There is big discontent by Benzema although he hasn't gone to the press and declared that he's sad lol.

I know Flo and Zidane love him, but it's about time he makes them moves. I really enjoyed watching him play for Madrid. the fluidity he brings to attacks with his selfless minimalist play was beautiful

But if he has ambitions which I hope he does... then staying here and continuing in a team that doesn't suit his style and rotating with another WC CF who will always be there and playing behind a alpha scoring winger who makes him slightly marginalized is pointless.

I think he understands that and he asked them to make a decision or to let him leave.

At the end of the day they didn't make a decision, so he might as well leave, he can do better elsewhere where a team would be willing to accommodate him.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:You do realize that Benz had 3 goals and 1 assist in 5 games against Barca last year. Just ask Barca fans on here if they would prefer to face Benz or Higuain. He played big when he had to.

big when he had to??? where was he against Barca second leg in the league and against Bayern straight afterwards, not discrediting him in any shape or form but to say Ronaldo benefits by haing Benz on is just pure false

And i can tell you one thing, and thats Barca fans hate Higuain being on the pitch more than Benzema, Higuain hurts their back line with his off the ball movement while Benzema starts from deep

Benzema is a WC striker but our style of play does not suit him, i want him to succeed like i wanted Canales and moving to another team where he would be the focal point of attack is the best solution to this all... and that means no psg because they have ibra... that would leave him with Juve which i think might be a perfect match for him

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:35 pm

Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Actually no. Higuain came on right after the goal in CR7's goal in the first leg (http://espnfc.com/uk/en/report/352088/report.html?soccernet=true&cc=5739). Higuain was on in the goal in the second leg. And Higuain was playing when Madrid played worst or similar opponents than Granada.

Ok thenn so how was Ronaldo scoring a goal from a corner influenced by Benzema being on the pitch lmao

Until Benz picks up his form he should not be on the pitch end of.

Because CR7 acts as a CF target on those occasions where he acts more as a wing striker with Higuain. His runs are not the same.

You guys are the ones trying to prove his worth by goalscoring stats without conisdering any other contributing factor. I don't think it's unreasonable then to point out that CR7 scores more with Benz on the pitch statistically.

And btw, every time there' s Euro, the European players start slower and the South American players have a distinct advantage early in the season. It has to do with being tired and have 1 less month of preseason. Things start to even out usually around October sometime.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next