danyjr
gondov
matpol
Harmonica
The Sanchez
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

La Liga: Getafe vs FC Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga: Getafe vs FC Barcelona

Post by eelir Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:33 am

It is a big test for our team. We have to beat the likes of Getafe away if we want to win this league. Moreover, missing few players is bad, but should not be decisive issue. I mean our squad depth (bar CB) is pretty good. Otherwise why in hell did we pay millions for Cesc, Alexis and Song +Masia promotions?

I think this game will show the tone of la liga in several months to come. If we win this, we are on a good way to pressure RM and make them do more mistakes in all competitions. I really want these 3 points.

eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

La Liga: Getafe vs FC Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga: Getafe vs FC Barcelona

Post by alexjanosik Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Crunch game.I know its just the 4th game of the season but its a very important game.These are the sort of games that win leagues.It will be a scrappy game.I expect us to be way below our best.I will gladly take a 1-0 win.I suspect its going to be a very tough night.
I also dont get the calls to start the Lost Lamb.
Bench the Lamb and time to unleash Thiago.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Starters

1 Víctor Valdés
19 Montoya
3 Piqué
5 Puyol
21 Adriano
6 Xavi
16 Busquets
11 Thiago
37 Tello
4 Fábregas
17 Pedro
Reserves

2 Dani Alves
7 Villa
10 Messi
13 Pinto
14 Mascherano
25 Alex Song
27 Deulofeu
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:51 pm

I like the line up considering everything.

Thiago returns...it will warm my heart to see him. Cesc as a false 9, so his poor movement and lack of midfield play wont hurt. He has all the chances to play well here now he isnt tied down by having to be something he is not.

Glad Mascherano is on the bench, I have hated his play this season. One of the worst performing players to this early point.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Dat bench.

:bow:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:20 pm

I think everyone here still prefers Pique - Puyol when both are fit dani. Interesting to see Messi on the bench - Tito has more balls than Pep. The team played is good enough to beat Getafe, but they just turned a hard game into a harder one.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:25 pm

jiopsi wrote:Where does it say it has to be a purposely played back pass?

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12_en.pdf

"A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball
touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee,
involved in active play by:"

Also I think it's refs job to overrule side ref if he sees it wrong. And he had a great view.

Gaining an advantage - If the ball is played into the penalty area and he plays the ball that rebounds to him off a post, crossbar or an opposing defender, then the attacker is offside as they have gained an advantage by being in that position.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/rules_and_equipment/4993924.stm

Lots of misinformation is thrown around regarding the offside rule because fifa havent fully explained it on their website :facepalm:
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Fine first half, everybody playing good, even Cesc Smile Great to see Thiago back. Getafe didn't really have any dangerous attacks, and Vitienes denied Barca couple clear penalties already.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
jiopsi wrote:Where does it say it has to be a purposely played back pass?

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12_en.pdf

"A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball
touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee,
involved in active play by:"

Also I think it's refs job to overrule side ref if he sees it wrong. And he had a great view.

Gaining an advantage - If the ball is played into the penalty area and he plays the ball that rebounds to him off a post, crossbar or an opposing defender, then the attacker is offside as they have gained an advantage by being in that position.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/rules_and_equipment/4993924.stm

Lots of misinformation is thrown around regarding the offside rule because fifa havent fully explained it on their website :facepalm:
It wasn't a rebound, the defender nudged it back.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:52 pm

It wasnt offside because it wasnt a rebound: the getafe player tried to tackle and passed it to keita.

So far very good game for us. Impressive considering the lineup.

Thiago, what a a boss!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Just watched highlights, somebody should really teach Tello some other finishes than that open body, curl to right corner. He uses it every, single, time. lol
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Next time someone says Tello is better than Alexis I'm gonna shit on that person.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:08 pm

free_cat wrote:It wasnt offside because it wasnt a rebound: the getafe player tried to tackle and passed it to keita.

Can you explain by what logical reason a player would "gain an advantage by being in offside position" by collecting a rebound off a defender, but not from collecting it from a defenders diverted interception? The only problem here, is that unspecific wording has left people to use their common sense, which is clearly a problem for some.....

Regardless, this has quite clearly shown the fifa document is inconclusive, and you surely must at least have some doubts about whether it was wrongly disallowed
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Puyol is injured, and looks like he'll be out for a while. If it is a knee injury again, Barcelona should certainly look for a replacement already.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:28 pm

danyjr wrote:Next time someone says Tello is better than Alexis I'm gonna shit on that person.

They are both crap.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Great game! The referee is crap.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
free_cat wrote:It wasnt offside because it wasnt a rebound: the getafe player tried to tackle and passed it to keita.

Can you explain by what logical reason a player would "gain an advantage by being in offside position" by collecting a rebound off a defender, but not from collecting it from a defenders diverted interception? The only problem here, is that unspecific wording has left people to use their common sense, which is clearly a problem for some.....

Regardless, this has quite clearly shown the fifa document is inconclusive, and you surely must at least have some doubts about whether it was wrongly disallowed

I have absolutely no doubt that it wasn't an offside.
Messi loses the ball with a voluntary tackle and it goes to keita. There's no discussion.

funny that we were afraid for this game.

Tello is not crap neither far from Alexis.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:50 pm

What a performance, given the presumption. Vitienes was in generous mood, giving a penalty of something like 6 penalty calls.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:52 pm

I really do not care about the calls, that we missed so many players.... The team wanted a win and they got it. Very important 3 points.

so happy for Villa Very Happy
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:53 pm

jiopsi wrote:Just watched highlights, somebody should really teach Tello some other finishes than that open body, curl to right corner. He uses it every, single, time. lol
Heh, Tello had two great attempts in second half, both the exact same style.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:56 pm

Glad Villa scored, cannot wait for the MVP return, no more talks of sanchez and tello when he returns Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:03 pm

Barcelona seem to be playing a faster, more all-out (or as fans like to call it 'direct') approach, taking more risks in the final third and fewer risks in defence as well as slightly less emphasis on possession. There were more end-to-end stuff happening this match that I had ever seen when Guardiola's Barça played. This style seems to suit players like Fàbregas more. There is also much more use of pace in the play. Players like Tello and Sánchez are pacey and they can do damage this way. With Guardiola's, the team played more like a computer, much more stationary and a more compact play (diamonds and triangles). Pacey players and Cesc didn't benefit in his system but they look to be playing their natural game now, and with more positive outcome.

Overall this can potentially be a welcome addition. Barcelona was starting to become predictable last season but Vilanova has added a degree of unpredictability to the team. On the down side, I don't expect Barcelona to keep as many clean sheets this season as they did in the past 3-4 seasons. Also the current style requires more physical fitness and drains more out of the players, so we'll have to see what effects this will have on players' fitness long term.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Xavi was playing like a god in this match :bow:

My man of the match.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Puyol, y u no stop getting injured? Crying or Very sad
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:53 pm

montoya had a great game for me man of the match Surprised
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Donuts wrote:montoya had a great game for me man of the match Surprised
He was hardly tested on the right flank though, and didn't go forward much. I think he had a neat performance and made a couple of good interceptions, however.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next