danyjr
gondov
matpol
Harmonica
The Sanchez
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

La Liga: Getafe vs FC Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: La Liga: Getafe vs FC Barcelona

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Donuts wrote:montoya had a great game for me man of the match Surprised
He was hardly tested on the right flank though, and didn't go forward much. I think he had a neat performance and made a couple of good interceptions, however.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

La Liga: Getafe vs FC Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: La Liga: Getafe vs FC Barcelona

Post by Madvillain Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:59 pm

ThiaGOAT. :bow:

Anyone know if Puyi is really out again? And for how long?
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:10 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:ThiaGOAT. :bow:

4-6 weeks.

Time to start slowly incorporating Batra or Song in defence.

Bartra, tello, montoya: I expect these guys to play more than expected this season. Tito isnt scared of taking risks it seems.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:12 pm

Montoya's running style is one the most prolific running styles I've seen, running almost like Michael Johnson. It's freaking cool.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:59 pm

gondov wrote:
Hete BLKSM wrote:ThiaGOAT. :bow:

4-6 weeks.

Time to start slowly incorporating Batra or Song in defence.

Bartra, tello, montoya: I expect these guys to play more than expected this season. Tito isnt scared of taking risks it seems.

That is dreadfull. Absolutely crap. Anims Puyi. Sad

On a side note: Sevilla. :bow:
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:18 pm

Was really hapy that Fabregas played well. He worked hard, came deep and made good neat passes. Made two assists as well. ThiaGOAT was just unbelievable. Villa has played three games and has scored three goals. I seriously can't believe people think there is a rift between him and Messi. The two can't stop smiling at each other. lol. Tito made some risks and well it payed off, now our players have a bit more rest heading into CL.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:30 pm

jiopsi wrote:Montoya's running style is one the most prolific running styles I've seen, running almost like Michael Johnson. It's freaking cool.

Montoya runs weird, with very short paces. Just the opposite from Tello that has huge steps. I think he could benefit from making some longer steps.

Btw, Montoya gave an assist Danyjr.

And I disagree, we don't play any different. The first half was Guardiola's. The second half was more direct because we were winning and Getafe has to pressure. We are on the same path and playing exactly the same but going to the basic 433 instead of the nonsense 343.

Messi will destroy Spartak next wednesday, he usually plays incredible when he has rested.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:36 pm

free_cat wrote:
jiopsi wrote:Montoya's running style is one the most prolific running styles I've seen, running almost like Michael Johnson. It's freaking cool.

Montoya runs weird, with very short paces. Just the opposite from Tello that has huge steps. I think he could benefit from making some longer steps.

Btw, Montoya gave an assist Danyjr.

And I disagree, we don't play any different. The first half was Guardiola's. The second half was more direct because we were winning and Getafe has to pressure. We are on the same path and playing exactly the same but going to the basic 433 instead of the nonsense 343.

Messi will destroy Spartak next wednesday, he usually plays incredible when he has rested.

Incredible fact :bow: Messi to score 6 on Wednesday :bow:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:53 pm

Cesc just needed this boost lets see how he does this Wednesday though, glad to see Thiago back.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:01 am

Messi should be benched more in less important games and should given 30 min or so just to improve is goal tally.

I'm happy for adriano, montoya, thiago, tello. At least now they will have more confidence and compete harder for their positions bcz Tito is likely to give anyone minutes if they are showing true hunger.

10/11 La Masia in starting line up :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Oh, and whoever was suggesting, last season. that xavi should be sold as he only makes useless side way passes and slows barca, SHOULD BE SHOT!!

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:34 am

free_cat wrote:I disagree, we don't play any different. The first half was Guardiola's. The second half was more direct because we were winning and Getafe has to pressure. We are on the same path and playing exactly the same but going to the basic 433 instead of the nonsense 343.
Barcelona looked far more stretched (longitudinally) when attacking than during Guardiola's era. I saw more runners behind the defensive line and less pronounced tiki-taka. While they did risk playing a few balls in the offensive third, they took fewer risks in the defensive third i.e. defenders weren't shy of clearing the ball or Valdés kicking the ball from goal kick and not risking playing from the back.

I know this is not a comprehensive comparison, but last season despite an arguably poor performance, Barcelona had 73% possession, 20(6) shots and 7(1) shot against them. Tonight they had 67% possession, 15(9) shots and 6(3) shots against them. Less possession, possibly more vulnerable in defence but they had many more clear-cut chances than last season. Don't get me wrong, I still think Barcelona can play their old style and will play it when needed, but at times last season Barcelona ran through situations where they couldn't find clear cut chances and you couldn't see them breaking the opposition defence, often waiting for Messi to produce some magic. It seems to me that Barcelona have more variety in their play under Vilanova.

Just my two cents.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:02 am

I'm not to interesting in commenting on most of the match but what stood out for me was Fabregas who was for me considerably the best player on the pitch by a mile. I challenge most of the naysayers who have doubt on Fabregas' ability to adjust for Barca as we must understand it is a sheer confidence issue shattered from his earlier struggles in adapting what is a new system to him. Instead of staying in the box he had the perfect balance of dropping deep and moving into the box when needed as this also created and complimented space for Xavi to dictate and Thiago to go along with his game. Its only a matter of time we see the true Cesc if he can replicate his intelligence in this game.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:43 am

Arq no one doubts his ability to play false 9. But let's get serious, with Messi in the team his chances to play that role will seldom be often. What we challenge is his ability to play midfield for us, and that is still unchanged.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:45 am

8 points ahead of Madrid already... it's ours to lose. Hope we don't get complacent with such a big lead.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:09 am

Boy,was I wrong.An excellent performance after an international break and a comfortable win.
A special mention to Tito.He has demonstrated that he is the BOSS and the man in charge and that he makes the decisions.It takes real guts to drop Messi and it was something that even Pep didnt do.Commendable from tito conisdering that he is new to the job.Also wouldnt be surprised if Tito had a word with Messi after the first Madrid game.His pressing has improved remarkably.
All of our starters played brilliantly except Tello.He needs to step up.
Fabregas had a very good game.In the false 9 role,made runs,came deep when he had to and some excellent final passes.I am his biggest critic but great game from cesc.Gives us more options upfront.Just needs to find the net.
Thigao was brilliant.Coming back from injury,didnt put a foot wrong and I dont think he misplaced a single pass.Proved once more why he should start over Fabregas in midfield.Missed a couple of chances but still terrific performance.He is going to be a superstar without a shadow of a doubt.
Xavi was Xavi.Has made a terrific start to the season.our best player so far.
Just owned the midfield.
On the defense,Adriano once more proved why he deserves to start over Alba.A solid performance and a goal too.
Montoya had a good game but was caught out of position once,leaving Pique one on one with a Getafe player.Pique got a yellow card for the challenge.I think Montoya needs to realize that he isnt Alves and doesnt have the recovery speed to get back in time.Basically he isnt a 2 in 1 player like Alves.So needs to be a bit more measured while going forward.

The only worry was the defense.Its not a coincidence that we became defensively vulnerable once Masch came on for Puyol.We were rock solid with Pique-Puyol.Masch comes on and we become vulnerable.
He went looking for the ball on the goal,didnt get it and had to hastily beat the retreat.Another occasiona when he went looking for the ball leaving a huge hole in defense.Fortunately getafe didnt take advantage.Then there was the time when he failed to make a clearance with a ball coming over his shoulder.Three glaring mistakes in 20 odd minutes.
He just isnt a CB and with Puyol injured its a major worry.It was a risk going into the season relying on Masch and that risk has gotten exacerbated.Still Madrid messing up means that we have a cushion.
But it might cost us in the CL.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:45 am

alexjanosik wrote:Boy,was I wrong.An excellent performance after an international break and a comfortable win.
A special mention to Tito.He has demonstrated that he is the BOSS and the man in charge and that he makes the decisions.It takes real guts to drop Messi and it was something that even Pep didnt do.Commendable from tito conisdering that he is new to the job.Also wouldnt be surprised if Tito had a word with Messi after the first Madrid game.His pressing has improved remarkably.
All of our starters played brilliantly except Tello.He needs to step up.
Fabregas had a very good game.In the false 9 role,made runs,came deep when he had to and some excellent final passes.I am his biggest critic but great game from cesc.Gives us more options upfront.Just needs to find the net.
Thigao was brilliant.Coming back from injury,didnt put a foot wrong and I dont think he misplaced a single pass.Proved once more why he should start over Fabregas in midfield.Missed a couple of chances but still terrific performance.He is going to be a superstar without a shadow of a doubt.
Xavi was Xavi.Has made a terrific start to the season.our best player so far.
Just owned the midfield.
On the defense,Adriano once more proved why he deserves to start over Alba.A solid performance and a goal too.
Montoya had a good game but was caught out of position once,leaving Pique one on one with a Getafe player.Pique got a yellow card for the challenge.I think Montoya needs to realize that he isnt Alves and doesnt have the recovery speed to get back in time.Basically he isnt a 2 in 1 player like Alves.So needs to be a bit more measured while going forward.

The only worry was the defense.Its not a coincidence that we became defensively vulnerable once Masch came on for Puyol.We were rock solid with Pique-Puyol.Masch comes on and we become vulnerable.
He went looking for the ball on the goal,didnt get it and had to hastily beat the retreat.Another occasiona when he went looking for the ball leaving a huge hole in defense.Fortunately getafe didnt take advantage.Then there was the time when he failed to make a clearance with a ball coming over his shoulder.Three glaring mistakes in 20 odd minutes.
He just isnt a CB and with Puyol injured its a major worry.It was a risk going into the season relying on Masch and that risk has gotten exacerbated.Still Madrid messing up means that we have a cushion.
But it might cost us in the CL.

As always, great review. Im worried about defense as well. Puyol out for 4-6 weeks is a big loss and tbh Masch sometimes has his good games and sometimes doesn't. When he doesn't, he costs us and well it could cost us CL as you said. Its good to see Thiago back and performing at his usual self. His passing was exceptional and was a key reason why we kept so much possession. Always gave Xavi an option, something that Fabregas hasn't done this season. Fabregas continously is looking for an attaking run, leaving fewer options for Xavi to give a pass, also causing Messi to drop back deeper than usual. I think if Fabregas doesn't make many attacking runs, the better we keep possession.

Something that I loved was the first goal celebration. Fabregas played a key role in that build up and his teammates acknowledged it and gave him a big hug. With all the criticsm and the talk over his future, its always a boost for a player to get a hug like that (especially if he didn't score...). It reminded me of the goal Villa scored last season at the time there was rumours of a rift between himself and Messi and Messi gave him a big hug after the goal. What great encouragement from the Barca players! Visca el Barca!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3