Onyx
Le Samourai
rwo power
urbaNRoots
Arquitecto
91 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

-The Official Club of Europa League>Champions League Gathering- Empty -The Official Club of Europa League>Champions League Gathering-

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:31 am

Yes, you read that right. The Europa League is simply a league above the Champions League. Yes, it may not have the pompous glamour and charismatic allure of its bigger brother. Yes, it may not have the pristine pitches and Renzo Piano Stadia. Yes, it may not possess the "Titans" and "champagne football" of European football. Yes, even the best known stadiums tend to relinquish their famous atmospheres and fizzle down to decibel levels where the rats can be heard scurried beneath the rotting stands.

But you see, we prefer it that way. We love to see the pride of Lower Saxony, Hannover battle it out with their heart and spirit to overcome their technical shortcomings.We shake our heads in dismay at the Italian teams who would treat the competition as if its Vino da Tavola. We enjoy seeing Liverpool struggle it out with some B division Latvian team followed by swiftly being knocked out by another Iberian team. We anticipate with glee seeing how incredibly atrocious Newcastle can be with the 4-4-Pardiola even against a Turkish Railway club made in 1994. We look forward to seeing if Milan St. Germain's Ibrahimmobile will finally lift a European Cup, followed by collapsing in the locker room after being told to literally carry the rest of his squad on his back. We thrive in experiencing EL hopefuls pulling their sleeves up to play in an abandoned wine field rather than a 'Highbury-esque' pitch. We don't need HD 1080p plasma results of Real Madrid v Bayern Munich, because we are pleased to find a 240 x 320 WWII war tape resolution stream of Chernomorets Burgas v Fyllingsdalen. We find it fascinating and admirable to see some teams battle it out in 6 inch snow because their club cannot afford under soil heating as it represents the desire to play, rather than complain about how it will freeze burn your new 25 coloured Mercurial Vapors. We cannot stand the high pitched choir of the Champions League anthem sung by some fat Swiss ladies, because we hum to ourselves at night the Europa League anthem composed on a €6 synthesizer by Michel Platini's 6 year old son. We feel at home when we can smell the Ox manure that emanates just yards outside the stadiums, where we can see the rural lands and domesticated animals as close as the players on field.

We will never tire of seeing the stud Falcao be the Di Stefano of the Europa League. We will never tire of hearing that one drunk french guy on the megaphone in French Stadia. We will fight for our rights with the fair but arrogant mods who choose to snub the Europa League in favour of exclusive Champions League matchday chat. We will never tire of experiencing the new rural/fascist/racist/backwards culture of the Europa League club ultras. We will never tire of learning how to pronounce the more obscure football club names of the inbred back ends of Europe. We will never tire of RWO gushing over Europa League poster/pretty boy Yann Sommer.

-The Official Club of Europa League>Champions League Gathering- 62bf26%7C8ca3_2934-Canon-A540-wide
Here is a representation of a typical Europa League Stadium/Venue. It may not be a Veltins Arena, but it represents the roots, the heart and soul of Futbol.

-The Official Club of Europa League>Champions League Gathering- 5VKFG00Z
Last years Europa League final between Atletico Madrid v Athletic Club. Here you can see Fernando Llorente in the centre of the picture. As you can see we find it better to have black and white pictorial illustrations of the football matches rather than yawn inducing videos in full color. It leaves more to the imagination. Radio is optional for the younger generation of course.

So.... to all the lovers of Europa League who don't need to follow the main stream of Champions League. To all the dreamers who envision seeing their team lift the exclusively Wal Mart made aluminum plated Europa League trophy instead of that glorified beer mug we call the "European Cup. To all the individuals who can resist and see past the media hype of Champions League and who thrive in experiencing the earthy and rustic charm of the Europa League.... Join me on this quest.... or at least show your appreciation for the greatest competition and since the.... erm......the UEFA Cup.

Oh yes....and we have METALIST KHARKIV!!!!!! End of.

We are the crux, the essence of Futbol,the spectators and the architects of the beautiful game.We together are a brotherhood of oxidized iron, pleather, and manure. We are the Europa League-alites. No that is not a word. Yes, it is now.

-The Official Club of Europa League>Champions League Gathering- Platini_27825_sq_medium
Visionary :bow:

Europa League-alites List:
Arquitecto
RWO Power
Le Samurai
Yohan Modric
Nishank
Messiah Aggerswagger
Barrilete Cosmico
Aford92

Last edited by Arquitecto on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 6 times in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

-The Official Club of Europa League>Champions League Gathering- Empty Re: -The Official Club of Europa League>Champions League Gathering-

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:39 am

"All I'm worried about is that we might qualify for the Europa League. That'd piss me off. What a rubbish competition".

- Louis Nicollin

Well said my friend well said :coffee:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

-The Official Club of Europa League>Champions League Gathering- Empty Re: -The Official Club of Europa League>Champions League Gathering-

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:41 am

I'll be watching as many EL matches as I can, of course. And of course I wouldn't want to miss swooning over that cutie Yann Sommer each time he's shown even at the farthest distance in his goal Heart

But truthfully, the EL matches of Schalke and Hannover last season put many CL matches to shame. So more power to the EL! cheers

urbaNRoots wrote:"All I'm worried about is that we might qualify for the Europa League. That'd piss me off. What a rubbish competition".

- Louis Nicollin

What a philistine! :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:46 am

urbaNRoots wrote:"All I'm worried about is that we might qualify for the Europa League. That'd piss me off. What a rubbish competition".

- Louis Nicollin

You must pray to the Gods of the Europa League that they will take Arsenal in if by chance they don't make it our of their group. Arsenal then will be knocked out via sub zero night in Dnoperchevsky.

Only then you will learn to appreciate the tournament of the gods.

Last edited by Arquitecto on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:49 am

rwo power wrote:I'll be watching as many EL matches as I can, of course. And of course I wouldn't want to miss swooning over that cutie Yann Sommer each time he's shown even at the farthest distance in his goal Heart

But truthfully, the EL matches of Schalke and Hannover last season put many CL matches to shame. So more power to the EL! cheers

- Louis Nicollin

What a philistine! :coffee:

Schalke is a Champions League scrub now. But they are welcome if they really really try their best to make it to the Europa League :coffee: Hannover are part of the 5 elder gods Europa League teams along with Metalist, Athletico, Fulham FC, and Braga.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:58 am

In no longer have a team to support in Europa Sad

Maybe Schalke will be there after the CL group stages cheers
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:01 am

Le Samourai wrote:In no longer have a team to support in Europa Sad

You have impeded to much in that Champions League whore club Real Madrid.

You must go back to your origins where you once supported Liverpool.

Liverpool's 3 UEFA Cups>>>>>>>>>>>>>Real's 9 CL cups.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:04 am

Real could always end up behind ManCity and Dortmund in their CL group, then you'd have a club to cheer on in the EL again eco smile

More power to the mighty FC Baselona who decided EL is the way to go :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:09 am

Europa League. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:14 am

rwo power wrote:

Real could always end up behind ManCity and Dortmund in their CL group, then you'd have a club to cheer on in the EL again eco smile

More power to the mighty FC Baselona who decided EL is the way to go :bow:

Sadly we have qualified for the knockout stages for 57 consecutive years, so the chances of this are quite slim Sad.

Arquitecto wrote:

You have impeded to much in that Champions League whore club Real Madrid.

You must go back to your origins where you once supported Liverpool.

Liverpool's 3 UEFA Cups>>>>>>>>>>>>>Real's 9 CL cups.

My relationship with Madrid is Intrinsic and hereditary, I merely admire Liverpool greatly Razz.

Nonetheless the UEFA Cup is Shankly's sole European trophy, thus it's greatness exceeds all others. Very Happy

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:40 am

Le Samourai wrote:Sadly we have qualified for the knockout stages for 57 consecutive years, so the chances of this are quite slim Sad
Looks like you need to be strong indeed to deal with the fact that you only can watch Real in the CL. *nods in sympathy*
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:25 pm

I remember one lazy afternoon I was contemplating the nature of football and its glories when all of a sudden I had an epiphany. It came upon me like an unpredictable wave straight from the seas of Menorca's coast. From there on then, I moved out of comfortable place in Donostia and proceeded to move into the industrial slum in south of Murcia. I sold my daddy paid Hummer and leased a used Suzuki Alto. I stopped wearing my designer clothes and decided to wear newly purchased clothes from a Ukranian District made of thread bare hemp and polyester. It was the day I realized all the ostentation and gaudiness of life was worthless. The day where I realized we must experience our most humble roots and toil away in the most destitute and pauperised lifestyle.

It was also the day I realized that the Europa League is better than the Champions League.

Disgraceful teams like Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern Munich, Man Utd, Chelsea Juventus, Milan, Inter spend fortunes upon fortunes to reach the Champions League as they have lost there way onto what is the taste of true glory. Former giants like Ajax, Liverpool and the Portuguese teams have realized there calling and discarded the Champions League card to the more charming Europa League.

Kenny Dalglish wasn't sacked because he didn't make CL, he was sacked because he tried for CL rather than the EL and in the process disrespected the Tourney of Gods. Ajax fans are jam packed in ecstacy the stadiums because they are high from the years of competing in the EL. Group of Death? Ajax cannot wait to be eliminated by City and Real. Teams like Udinese and Lazio have realized this as well. So has 1 time CL winner Monchengladbach who suffered years of depression since they prevailed in the CL rather than the UEFA Cup. Its an slow process of European giants realizing where the heartiest of goldmines are. Ask Sir Alex Ferguson.

Getting into the EL is like cooking a medium rare Kobe beef fillet. You can't cook it too much, or too less. You can't have a temperature of 57 degree Celsius or or 72 degree. You have to have it just right at the 63-67 point. You can't add too much sauerkraut and horsh radish.

You have to get it just right.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Arqui: :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:49 pm

entertaining words but no Laughing

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:55 am

Ah Ninis my Greek friend you too have been lured by Real Madrid's poison apple.

While you swoon over the buttery smooth football of the CL your true origin team Panathinaikos will quietly raising its chances of acquiring the better chance of glory in winning the EL.

Vytra would be disappointed.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:06 am

Top post. I'm in.

EL: more competitive, entertaining, unpredictable :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:25 am

Arq never disappoints :bow: :bow: I dread the day when Liverpool make top 4 again.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:29 am

- Louis Nicollin

:bow:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:43 am

Such an amazing read. I will be sure to follow the Europa league this season (I wouldn't want to upset the gods.) I have seen the light and finally understand the true meaning of Europa League. Thank you for blessing us with your wisdom, oh great one.

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:56 am

AVB to take Tottenham to Europa league glory! :bow:

Good thing you dont go to the CL when you win the EL, who wants that burden all season!?
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Ah Ninis my Greek friend you too have been lured by Real Madrid's poison apple.

While you swoon over the buttery smooth football of the CL your true origin team Panathinaikos will quietly raising its chances of acquiring the better chance of glory in winning the EL.

Vytra would be disappointed.
haha Very Happy

regarding CL, poverty lives through various of clubs histories with pride that comes from fans joy of watching their team win the most meaningful competition on earth
that receives heart and spirit from the competitors through its power.
on the other hand
its nice to see inferiority challenge it self therefore heart & spirit expressed in a different way equals to a unique competition which is
still
worst
than
-The Official Club of Europa League>Champions League Gathering- CHAMPIONS%20LEAGUE
not deceived arq, not deceived by your addictive words :coffee:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Well we're in it so...EL :bow:
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Arq is getting prepared for when Milan play on the EL next season :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:26 pm

. Arsenal then will be knocked out via sub zero night and Dnoperchevsky.

I loled
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:30 pm

dude arrquitecto

pls have a blog, this is hands down the funniest intro I have read on GL
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next