Dnmac4
sportsczy
Highburied
Art Morte
Onyx
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Friedel disrespected by Barthez? - Page 3 Empty Re: Friedel disrespected by Barthez?

Post by Kick Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:17 am

I am more Shocked Brad knows how to use a computer. affraid

most people in their 40s don't.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Friedel disrespected by Barthez? - Page 3 Empty Re: Friedel disrespected by Barthez?

Post by The Sanchez Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:17 am

RedOranje wrote:Do you go out of your way to come across as unlikeable and ignorant, or does it just come naturally? scratch

:coffee: This was going to happen...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:27 am

If Lloris is the better keeper then he should have no problem proving it.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:30 am

RedOranje wrote:Do you go out of your way to come across as unlikeable and ignorant, or does it just come naturally? scratch

He's unlike-able because he disagrees with you? lol

He's opinionated, not ignorant or disrespectful.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:32 am

Pot meet kettle
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:14 am

Only a deluded manager like Villa Boas could spend 12 millions to buy a top 5 world class goalkeeper, starter for a country like France who always has had great goalkeepers, and start a washed up 41 years old american.

Lloris is as good as Casillas and better than Neuer easily.

He derserves better than Tottenham and I hope he will leave this club as soon as the winter.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:18 am

Brad Friedel one time "MLS goalkeeper" of the year. In 1997 Laughing

Lloris is a third time best Ligue 1 goalkeeper and was nominated among the 3 best GK of the Champion's league.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:26 am

Zealous wrote:

He is not talking about his opinion.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:32 am

OLpower wrote:Only a deluded manager like Villa Boas could spend 12 millions to buy a top 5 world class goalkeeper, starter for a country like France who always has had great goalkeepers, and start a washed up 41 years old american.

Villas-Boas isn't deluded... more like doing the right decision. Brad Friedel has been excellent last season and this season so far. There's no reason to drop him. Just deal with it.

OLpower wrote:Lloris is as good as Casillas and better than Neuer easily.

Who's deluded now? Laughing

OLpower wrote:He derserves better than Tottenham and I hope he will leave this club as soon as the winter.

Agree with this, but no one pushed him through Tottenham. He agreed a contract.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:35 am

RealGunner wrote:
Zealous wrote:

If we're going to go down this road there are other posters you shouldn't be liking...
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:37 am

Villas-Boas is deluded. If he thinks he can buy a international keeper, easily top 5 in the world just to bench him for an average and grandpa keeper, he is deluded.

Villas-Boas only told the press Lloris would not be starter after that Lloris signed. If he said it before, Lloris would not have signed the contract. He was lied about his situation.

That shows that Villas-Boas is a moron who in addition is not honest. I hope Lloris leave as soon as possible, leaving Tottenham with their american grandfather
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:39 am

If Lloris is a top 5 keeper then he'll have to prove it. Why are players so afraid of competition nowadays?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:41 am

OLpower wrote:

Villas-Boas only told the press Lloris would not be starter after that Lloris signed. If he said it before, Lloris would not have signed the contract. He was lied about his situation.

here's an idea... maybe lloris was promised he'll be a starter by someone else at the club (ie levy) and not by avb and the resulting situation is a result of poor communication at the club?

anyway lloris can be an entitled baby all he wants, if friedel does nothing to be dropped he's going to ride the bench
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:42 am

RealGunner wrote:
Zealous wrote:

OK... since you guys made this open season.

Do mods here go out of their way to be ignorant, disrespectful and incompetent or does it come naturally? scratch

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:43 am; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:43 am

Zealous wrote:If Lloris is a top 5 keeper then he'll have to prove it. Why are players so afraid of competition nowadays?

How can he proves it if he does not play? GK is a different thing. if your manager is biased toward another player than it is over and not a fair competition.

Lloris deserves better than Tottenham. Anyway, I hope he is off by the winter and at half the buying price.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:44 am

Villas-Boas bought Lloris to totally use him next year after Friedel retires, he's not deluded just doing what most of the top managers would do. Wenger does it, Mourinho does it, Vilanova does it etc... he can't start because he's "Lloris" or "Best keeper in Ligue 1", he has to prove it. It's not like Lloris isn't playing at all, he's being used in cup games where he can prove himself.

Can't believe me, an Arsenal fan has to defend Villas-Boas's actions.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:46 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Villas-Boas bought Lloris to totally use him next year after Friedel retires, he's not deluded just doing what most of the top managers would do. Wenger does it, Mourinho does it, Vilanova does it etc... he can't start because he's "Lloris" or "Best keeper in Ligue 1", he has to prove it. It's not like Lloris isn't playing at all, he's being used in cup games where he can prove himself.

Can't believe me, an Arsenal fan has to defend Villas-Boas's actions.

Then he should have bought Lloris next year or should have been honest before the deal. If Lloris knew Villas-Boas intention, he would not have went to Tottenham and now has every right to feel frustrated or mismanaged.

He was lied to and that's a very bad start for a player at a club. I bet this won't end well
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:52 am

Zealous wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Zealous wrote:

If we're going to go down this road there are other posters you shouldn't be liking...

oh?

thanks for the suggestion.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:54 am

sportsczy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Do mods here go out of their way to be ignorant, disrespectful and incompetent or does it come naturally? scratch

Nah, we are generally incompetent and ignorant. Pretty sure everyone in here will agree to that. Right guys?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:58 am

RealGunner wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Nah, we are generally incompetent and ignorant. Pretty sure everyone in here will agree to that. Right guys?

Self-deprecating humor... i knew there was a reason i liked you RG (at least your message board version lol). If you can't laugh at yourself, who can.

Btw, i express strong opinions because that's what message boards are for. If we all kind of agreed on everything then it would be pretty boring imo. My opinions are not as rigid in real life obviously.

I actually like Firedel btw and follow/support US footy... just unhappy about how Levy/AVB weaseled the purchase of Lloris. At the very least, they should have bought him and left him on loan at Lyon if this was the plan. Disgraceful dishonestly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:01 am

McLewis wrote:Friedel earned that spot through his own hard work and Sports wants us to believe it should be taken away from him just because a more famous name has come in? Utter bullshit.

Explain to me why Friedel deserves to lose a spot that he's done nothing to deserve losing? This should be real good.

Well following in that sentiment explain why Spurs are messing with Lloris' career, I mean don't make promises you can't/won't keep and expect joy and happiness.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:02 am

Wink

I know how you feel when French players are Criticised, It's a natural reaction. US Fans feels the exact way when American players are criticised.

So it's not like they are being irrational. It's just the way it is
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:08 am

It's a shat situation for Friedel and Lloris. They should have moved Friedel and brought a young prospect to back up Lloris... of should have waited until next summer... or left Lloris at Lyon on loan.

Being dishonest is stupid. Both are really good guys too and don't deserve this.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:26 am

Being biased towards your countryman is everyone's right. Al Habsi is the best keeper in the world after all.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:32 am

You know this is a very tricky situation here. Personally, I feel this was from a bout of miscommunication from Levy himself as he has a record of miscommunication between himself and the Tottenham managing predecessors. I personally don't think AvB lied to Lloris about the goalkeeping role as he doesn't come across that type to me.

The situation is we have a 40+ year old Goalkeeper who is without a doubt one of the best in the PL yet a world class Lloris who just turned 25 sitting on the bench. Fact is, Lloris was highly unprofessional in his public complaint on his situation as this doesn't surprise me given his tendency to whine and complain in the most extreme fashions.

On one hand you can say Friedel should be pushed out since Lloris arguably is superior and room should be made for future potentials.

On the other hand Friedel does in no way deserve to be pushed out given his sound and solid performances between the sticks.

I say, Lloris should unleash his inner competitive side and show he can indeed compete with a goalkeeper past his prime (reflexes;ailing eyesight etc after age of 40) rather than public air his complaints. And I am SURE that he will eventually displace Friedel since he simply has the pre-requisites to do so. Until then Hugo, kindly stay in your place on the bench, respect your elders and earn your spot.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:38 am

Lloris never complained though... not once. It's the people in France that are complaining for him. Here's the only public comment Lloris has made:

"I wanted to play (...) It allows me to have a little play time in this period of adaptation, and to find out what stage I am compared to my new teammates,"

"I think there is a little adjustment period. Everyone recognizes it. Personally, I do not ask myself 36 questions. Tottenham picked me up in Lyon because there is a future project in this club. I think I am one piece. I hope to have more playing time. "

"It is never easy to join as the season has already started with a team that works well. Choices belong to the coach but I'm here to shake things up.. Everything is clear with the coach. It goes very well with the other keepers. We have a lot of matches. Certainly there will be other opportunities to play. "
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next