Dnmac4
sportsczy
Highburied
Art Morte
Onyx
30 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Friedel disrespected by Barthez? - Page 4 Empty Re: Friedel disrespected by Barthez?

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Lloris never complained though... not once. It's the people in France that are complaining for him. Here's the only public comment Lloris has made:

"I wanted to play (...) It allows me to have a little play time in this period of adaptation, and to find out what stage I am compared to my new teammates,"

"I think there is a little adjustment period. Everyone recognizes it. Personally, I do not ask myself 36 questions. Tottenham picked me up in Lyon because there is a future project in this club. I think I am one piece. I hope to have more playing time. "

"It is never easy to join as the season has already started with a team that works well. Choices belong to the coach but I'm here to shake things up.. Everything is clear with the coach. It goes very well with the other keepers. We have a lot of matches. Certainly there will be other opportunities to play. "

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Friedel disrespected by Barthez? - Page 4 Empty Re: Friedel disrespected by Barthez?

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:Lloris never complained though... not once. It's the people in France that are complaining for him. Here's the only public comment Lloris has made:

"I wanted to play (...) It allows me to have a little play time in this period of adaptation, and to find out what stage I am compared to my new teammates,"

"I think there is a little adjustment period. Everyone recognizes it. Personally, I do not ask myself 36 questions. Tottenham picked me up in Lyon because there is a future project in this club. I think I am one piece. I hope to have more playing time. "

"It is never easy to join as the season has already started with a team that works well. Choices belong to the coach but I'm here to shake things up.. Everything is clear with the coach. It goes very well with the other keepers. We have a lot of matches. Certainly there will be other opportunities to play. "

Excuse my ignorance though as I am a victim to gullibility. For that I apologize.

Further building on that, all I can say is that its a great shame that two classy individuals who also happen to be superb Goalkeepers, have to be in such a messy and convoluted situation.

I personally feel Friedel will be key in handling this situation as I can see him moving on for the sake of Lloris.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:50 pm

This whole situation reminds me how awesome Dudek was with us. I mean he barely played at all but he still trained and became one of the squad's favourite/popular members. Respect.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Friedel has done nothing to warrant losing his starting spot. Man has started over 400 times consecutively and not only that, has saved multiple teams time and again. And he's not playing for our NT because he decided to step down and let our younger keepers have their time. If AVB and Levy hadn't done what they did, he would stepped aside amiably for Lloris when he felt the time was right.

Lloris is destined to be one of the best if not THE best in the world but he's 25 ffs. We're not talking about a midfielder here. That's still very young for a player in his position. His time will come, but for now, he needs to try and learn something from a player of Friedel's caliber. They should not be opponents when they're playing on the same side here.

I absolutely agree that AVB and Levy frakked this up. You don't make promises like that to any player. Just further evidence that Levy's a douche and AVB can't manage a team to save his life.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:12 pm

I agree McLewis... but here's where it gets really tricky. There are a lot of very good keeper prospects in France, not to mention Madanda. Deschamps has made it clear that players who don't play for club and are not sharp will not start for NT.... he made sure he included Lloris by name in that comment. He's already all but lost his captaincy of NT because of this.

So it's not just a question of club here. Lloris is going to pressure and push hard to take over Friedel's spot and there will be outside pressure constantly. He has no choice. He can't just sit back this year.

Just an unnecessary shat situation. Typical Spurs tbh. That's why they can never get any momentum... the club acts like a second rate club.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Yeah I see the predicament he's in as well, Sports. It's a real rock and hard place position he's in. Goalkeeper rivalries are among the fiercest position-wise and while Lloris could learn quite a bit from Friedel, I do agree that he must seize the chances given to him. He looked good against Lazio, so that's a start.

We'll definitely see more and more of him this season. Will that be enough for DD? Completely different question, I imagine.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:07 am

sportsczy wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Do you go out of your way to come across as unlikeable and ignorant, or does it just come naturally? scratch

Pot meet kettle

Laughing

Back to the topic, goalkeepers are the way as players, they should be always fighting for their starting place no matter how good or great you are.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:44 am

AvB the award winning man manager...

he needs to give both Friedel and Lloris games. it's a cup game. what does he do? play the 3rd string keeper. what an idiot.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:50 am

Seriously lmao at AVB for doing that.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:51 am

looooooool

Man that got me off my chair
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:55 am

it gets even funnier... he won't have both Friedel and Lloris on the game sheet together so that they're both "not looking over their shoulder". good idea. if one gets injured or receives a red card, you can have Billy Bob take over.

AVB is awful lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:03 pm

Maybe AVB thought Lloris is too good for a Carling Cup?? lol

What a douche.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4