the xcx
Motogp69
The 14th
Swanhends
The Nature Boy
50 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Can Juve crack CL Semi's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can Juve crack CL Semi's?

Post by Le Samourai Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:42 am

Donuts wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Well at the end of the day we did beat Barca.
So have Chivas, with a better margin of score therefore
Mexico's Guadalajara's Chivas > All clubs

He was implying that Madrid didn't beat Barca , common error I suppose.

I honestly could care less about what some random Mexican team in a friendly lol...determining the value of Team is a holistic proccess so being ranked highly would usually demand relative and consistent success in competitive
environments.

Head to head matches aren't exactly the be all and end all of football.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:52 am

Crimson wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:A better question would be: Can Juve crack Arsenal's 49 game unbeaten league record??

They're at 43 right now!!!

lol record what record

They haven't even passed Milan's record of 58 yet lmao

Which is why is said they have to crack Arsenal's 49 first. Can't possibly break MIlan's before Arsenal's can they?? :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 am

no

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:08 am

Dépense who they meet after group stages & quarter..
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:34 am

They can crack the final imho, keeping Pirlo on form is the key!
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:24 pm

I see no reason why we can't at least get to the semis. The only teams that are better than us are Madrid, Barca, and Bayern, and its arguable. In a knockout tie I can't see us losing to any of them to be honest, what scares me is if we get to the final its a one-off match. I wouldn't argue if someone from those 3 said they'd beat us I'm a knockout tie, I just can't see it happenning unless our form drops. I mean, we just tied the world champions Chelsea in London, with an exhausted Pirlo, against a much stronger Chelsea than last season. Not to mention they were winning from a lucky deflection and a one in a million goal, and that we were clearly the better team, we just couldn't finish our chances (as usual).
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:38 pm

I'd like to note one thing, drawing against Chelsea in the CL isn't a great achievement. Title defenders or not, there are far better teams in the CL than Chelsea. It's too early to draw conclusions tbh.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:40 pm

Sure they can depending on the draw... but the issue of lacking a leading CF is not a small one. Eventually in the CL, you need a guy that can score a big goal and it wouldn't be that surprising.

Juve would do well to spend whatever is necessary to try and lure Benzema in the winter Mercato.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Depends on the draw imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:56 pm

They can imo but depends on draw. they are a good team. better than what i thought.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Can't see it. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Arsenal could hammer Juve. Don't really rate them in Europe. When Pirlo is taken out they look so ineffective.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:38 pm

jibers wrote:Can't see it. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Arsenal could hammer Juve. Don't really rate them in Europe. When Pirlo is taken out they look so ineffective.

How are United automatically stronger than Juve? They couldn't even string five passes together without Scholes on the pitch on Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:43 pm

It's Jibers, he likes to mock Juve to make himself feel better about supporting a team with the passing capabilities of Lecce.

Bore off Jibers.

And yeah Juve can go far as long as the players don't drop the intensity and the squad is rotated properly.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:44 pm

vasanthPato wrote:
jibers wrote:Can't see it. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Arsenal could hammer Juve. Don't really rate them in Europe. When Pirlo is taken out they look so ineffective.

How are United automatically stronger than Juve? They couldn't even string five passes together without Scholes on the pitch on Sunday.

3 cl final in 5 years stronger, you mad? Last time we faced Milan what happened again? Fletcher scholes and Rooney battered you 7-2 on aggregate.

Pls go
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:46 pm

TomJuve wrote:It's Jibers, he likes to mock Juve to make himself feel better about supporting a team with the passing capabilities of Lecce.

Bore off Jibers.

And yeah Juve can go far as long as the players don't drop the intensity and the squad is rotated properly.

Considering I support Juve out of all the other italisn teams, you can bore off. With our passing ability, 3 cl finals in 5 years, we must be horrible right.

Pls go

Juve fans bigging up their team every chance they get. Realism is now hatred. I'm surprised you havent crucified Crimson yet
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:50 pm

What you've done previously is irrelevant to your current squad and form.

Yeah in the past few years United have been an elite club in Europe but they're not at that level now. Look at the most recent CL history for United instead of what happened before that. And United couldn't qualify out of a dream group.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:53 pm

TomJuve wrote:What you've done previously is irrelevant to your current squad and form.

Yeah in the past few years United have been an elite club in Europe but they're not at that level now. Look at the most recent CL history for United instead of what happened before that. And United couldn't qualify out of a dream group.

we struggled because we had no defedners, identical situation till now, and United have always struggled in group stages even when we had ronaldo and tevez we barely came topin 2008 thanks to a last minute Cronaldo rocket and went on to win the damn thing. , but you know better I suppose. Same thing as your almighty team in 2003 getting humilasted home and away by us but you still reached the final. We battererd you 3-0 a home ffs with your 'legendary' defence. If we get out of the grp stage I expect us to be in the fianl as lonhg as we avoid Barcelona
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:56 pm

juventus101 wrote:I see no reason why we can't at least get to the semis. The only teams that are better than us are Madrid, Barca, and Bayern, and its arguable. In a knockout tie I can't see us losing to any of them to be honest, what scares me is if we get to the final its a one-off match. I wouldn't argue if someone from those 3 said they'd beat us I'm a knockout tie, I just can't see it happenning unless our form drops. I mean, we just tied the world champions Chelsea in London, with an exhausted Pirlo, against a much stronger Chelsea than last season. Not to mention they were winning from a lucky deflection and a one in a million goal, and that we were clearly the better team, we just couldn't finish our chances (as usual).

Beating the Chelsea team that got beaten 3-0 by Atletico Madrid automatically makes you a force in the CL? Laughing
Juve have no CL experience, they don't have WC strikers, or even above average ones, are reliant on one player that was lucky not to get injured last season (given his injury record), and haven't faced any other great teams in their own league. Juve fans would do best to reassess their expectations.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:57 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
juventus101 wrote:I see no reason why we can't at least get to the semis. The only teams that are better than us are Madrid, Barca, and Bayern, and its arguable. In a knockout tie I can't see us losing to any of them to be honest, what scares me is if we get to the final its a one-off match. I wouldn't argue if someone from those 3 said they'd beat us I'm a knockout tie, I just can't see it happenning unless our form drops. I mean, we just tied the world champions Chelsea in London, with an exhausted Pirlo, against a much stronger Chelsea than last season. Not to mention they were winning from a lucky deflection and a one in a million goal, and that we were clearly the better team, we just couldn't finish our chances (as usual).

Beating the Chelsea team that got beaten 3-0 by Atletico Madrid automatically makes you a force in the CL? Laughing
Juve have no CL experience, they don't have WC strikers, or even above average ones, are reliant on one player that was lucky not to get injured last season (given his injury record), and haven't faced any other great teams in their own league. Juve fans would do best to reassess their expectations.

they drew 2-2 Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:01 pm

jibers wrote:
vasanthPato wrote:

3 cl final in 5 years stronger, you mad? Last time we faced Milan what happened again? Fletcher scholes and Rooney battered you 7-2 on aggregate.

Pls go
We all know how lucky United were with the draw in 2011. Nowhere as strong as previous seasons. You seriously believe United can win the midfield battle against Juve? :brickwall:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Since the question is 'can Juve crack the CL semis?'
Then yes, they are capable but one step at a time.
Qualification for the knockout stage is not guaranteed and then the draw can make an incredible difference obviously.

Lets rephrase the question to 'will Juve crack the CL semis?'
Probability says no, they probably won't. But lets revisit this later on

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:07 pm

vasanthPato wrote:
jibers wrote:
vasanthPato wrote:

Pls go
We all know how lucky United were with the draw in 2011. Nowhere as strong as previous seasons. You seriously believe United can win the midfield battle against Juve? :brickwall:

mfv battle means sod all to me. Despite our 'crap' mf we were 2 minutes away from winning the hardest league. Despite having the same mf for the last 4 yrs we are crap. I belivive we would beat Juve over two legs. I am convinced. If Juve fcae Barcelona it would be a manita. Oscar had Pirlo in his back pocket. Apparently mf is what decides football games not goals. Thank you Barcelona for corrupting football. Juve are a possession side but could hardly control the ball agauinst a chelsea team that had 20% possession against Barca and Juve. That shows you the level that team is at. Not even close to the elites
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:18 pm

United getting so close in the league was entirely down to SAF, and I think you'd know best that league=/= a tournament like CL, where head to head is what decides progression. Pirlo was clearly fatigued in the game against Chelsea, it was clearly visible with his movement.

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:27 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I have to agree with this.

We're one game into our European campaign, way too early to tell. If we make the QFs then I'll be very satisfied.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Juve will reach the FINAL #MarkMyWords !!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:13 pm

I could as well say Vidal got a lucky shot off and Quag got his goal from a highly unlikely defensive error against the run of play. At the end of the day the ball ended up in the back of the net twice for both teams. Get off your high horse Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next