The Messiah
jontsu
Onyx
Zealous
billionmillion
42 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Shameful ways to win Ballon Dor - Page 5 Empty Re: Shameful ways to win Ballon Dor

Post by Real Kandahar Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:48 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Yaya Toure played a big part in Man City winning the EPL.

Why's he not a contender? Because he isn't a goalscorer?

Iniesta wasn't a goalscorer, yet won the Euro award.

LOL wtf winning epl on goal difference? where was your yaya when Man City got dumped in europe, ? and even europa league? please think more before comparing players with a heaven of difference between them... please

Iniesta is not the reason Spain won euro, spain could have won it without Iniesta... say if Santi Cazorla or mata played instead of Iniesta, spain with that squad would STILL OWN EUROS... but real madrid would get crapped on if ronaldo was injured or not there for big games.... as we have been seeing recently.

Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Shameful ways to win Ballon Dor - Page 5 Empty Re: Shameful ways to win Ballon Dor

Post by Onyx Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:55 am

Ronaldo missed a penalty which meant we got knocked out of the CL, doesn't really mean it was completely his fault we lost to Bayern. It was the teams fault.

There's star players at each club. Yaya at Man City, Ronaldo at Real Madrid and Messi at Barca. Out of all them Messi is the best.

Ronaldo isn't the only reason we won La Liga either. Casillas, Ramos, Alonso etc etc all played their part.

Also Mata and Cazorla can't do what Iniesta does.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:03 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Also Mata and Cazorla can't do what Iniesta does.
What's that, exactly?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fenomeno Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:06 am

Real Kandahar wrote:scores 73 goals, except when it counts lol flopped against chelsea, missed penalty, flopped against ac milan, scored 2 penalties, flopped against madrid, lost the league...

but oh he beat the crap out of leverkusen and um that romanian club in group stages i think :S

in all seriousness however, i think of balond'or as not saying who's better, but who had a better season, ronaldo scored against ever la liga team, scored against barcelona 7 times in one year, denied barcelona the league,,. got his mediocre at best, team to euro semi finals, ... scored winner against manchester city... scored hattrick against champions of holland.. scored double against holland... goddamn lol

im not saying he's better than messi, but indeed he had a better season... without him.. we would not win a single cup...

the way benz and higuain perform in big matches, without ronaldo, we would lose every big game, and basically we would be real madrid of pre 2010...

but its not about who had the more successful season, so you better get ready for more disappointment.

I like that you mentioned penalties though, Ronaldo's only 27 and I don't think I've seen another player hit so many penalties.

You cant lump all the blame on Messi when Barcelona dont get the required result either, he carried his side last year. That would be like lumping the blame for Man Utd's CL defeat on Ronaldo, or blaming Ronaldo for Portugals euro exit because he didn't score or create and goal and didn't step up for a penalty sooner to relieve the pressure on his team mates (ofcourse he did do that against Bayern and he missed but still..)

Fine margins in football, Messi played Xavi in on goal against Madrid with a brilliant reverse pass, Xavi fluffed the chance. had he taken it Messi would have been taking all the plaudits, but Xavi missed, and Ronaldo scored what was a pretty easy chance near the end of the game and thus people wanted the ballon d'or awarded to him, and by people I mean Madrid, Utd and Portugal fans.
El Fenomeno
El Fenomeno
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:10 am

Lex wrote:
What's that, exactly?

Shift defenses.

It's not so much that they can't do it...but that Iniesta is simply better at it. Mata doesn't exactly control games either so he should not be classed with the other two.

When you're the attacking pivot of a team...the person everything runs through...you're going to put up stats. On a team with the creative talent Barca possesses...you're going to put up even more.

SO in that sense the stats I see don't make me think he's the best. It's actually watching him play and tear apart defenses that make me think he's the best.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:31 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Why does Ronaldo Deserve it more than Messi ?

would you have asked this question had it been Benzema vs Missi

Why did Missi deserve it last year??? Ronaldo scored more than him but Missi won more trophies than him, but thats a no-factor no?? since Ronaldo doesn't even deserve to win it despite leading Madrid to its first LaLiga title in 4 years, nearly took Madrid to the final in CL and helped madrid win the first trophy of this season and led Portugal to semi-final all that while having a Sunday league striker to feed the ball to in Portugal

lets just forget the reason Barca were so far behind us was last season abd didn't get into the final of the CL was because how mediocre Missi was for over 2-4 months, leading Barca to losses against Osasuna, Chelsea etc hence the word Missi has been derived from that Laughing

Ballon is about individual performance. Pretty sure Messi kicked Ronaldo's ass in terms of individual performance...

buddytaller wrote:It would be a great shame if Ronaldo does not win the award this year, but then again Messi won it in 2010 despite having a worse year that Sneijder, Xavi and Iniesta.

FFS, Messi won the award when he was shit and diving all over the place at the Copa America in 2011, at least Ronaldo had a decent EUROS on top of a record breaking la liga season.
Mourinho couldn't have said it any better.

wtf. Ronaldo didn't have a decent Euro's? Had a mixed... Performed badly starting off then found his rhythm then flopped when it most mattered...

Just because Madrid won the league doesn't mean Ronaldo deserves the Ballon... ffss... we won three trophies yet does that mean Messi deserves the Ballon? Team wins a trophy especially a long enduring trophy like the league... If Ronaldo doesn't score, Madrid still had Huagain and Benzema to help the goal tally. If Messi doesn't score all those goals... We probably wouldn't even make top 4... Thats how much our team flopped last season...
Messi gets it for individual performance, like all Ballons should and have been judged on. Thats that. Deal with it... Cool
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:42 am

Lex wrote:
What's that, exactly?

lex, let him live in his own world, for him iniesta and messi are everything and everyone else is sh*&..

and real madrid won't be able to win la liga without ronaldo, 100% guaranteed... Ramos? LOL he's not even our best defender... Alonso? he always gets over crowded in big games and can't perform...
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:49 am

El Fenomeno wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:scores 73 goals, except when it counts lol flopped against chelsea, missed penalty, flopped against ac milan, scored 2 penalties, flopped against madrid, lost the league...

but oh he beat the crap out of leverkusen and um that romanian club in group stages i think :S

in all seriousness however, i think of balond'or as not saying who's better, but who had a better season, ronaldo scored against ever la liga team, scored against barcelona 7 times in one year, denied barcelona the league,,. got his mediocre at best, team to euro semi finals, ... scored winner against manchester city... scored hattrick against champions of holland.. scored double against holland... goddamn lol

im not saying he's better than messi, but indeed he had a better season... without him.. we would not win a single cup...

the way benz and higuain perform in big matches, without ronaldo, we would lose every big game, and basically we would be real madrid of pre 2010...

but its not about who had the more successful season, so you better get ready for more disappointment.

I like that you mentioned penalties though, Ronaldo's only 27 and I don't think I've seen another player hit so many penalties.

You cant lump all the blame on Messi when Barcelona dont get the required result either, he carried his side last year. That would be like lumping the blame for Man Utd's CL defeat on Ronaldo, or blaming Ronaldo for Portugals euro exit because he didn't score or create and goal and didn't step up for a penalty sooner to relieve the pressure on his team mates (ofcourse he did do that against Bayern and he missed but still..)

Fine margins in football, Messi played Xavi in on goal against Madrid with a brilliant reverse pass, Xavi fluffed the chance. had he taken it Messi would have been taking all the plaudits, but Xavi missed, and Ronaldo scored what was a pretty easy chance near the end of the game and thus people wanted the ballon d'or awarded to him, and by people I mean Madrid, Utd and Portugal fans.

EASY/? are you serious? from that angle, from that distance, Easy???

also if real madrid lost that game, they wud still be one point ahead...

And LOL about performance not mattering, it's all about titiles in balon d'or, did u forget , Cannavaro got balondor instead of Zidane and ROnaldinho, who were a world ahead of him in talent?
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:50 am

@Sanchez, i beg to differ, can you tell me why Cannavaro won it in 2006? and Shevchenko in 2004? When in reality, Zidane, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo were clearly best players of the world at that time?
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:00 am

Real Kandahar wrote:@Sanchez, i beg to differ, can you tell me why Cannavaro won it in 2006? and Shevchenko in 2004? When in reality, Zidane, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo were clearly best players of the world at that time?

choop shor sag khar koon
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:04 am

Real Kandahar wrote:scores 60 goals, except when it counts lol flopped against Bayern, missed penalty, scored penalty against Bayern, flopped against Barcelona , lost copa del rey... and Euros because he flopped when it counted.

but oh he beat the crap out of APOEL and um didn't score many in group stages (or later stages while we're at it) :S

Fixed.

Also lol at both of you thinking Cazorla and Mata are better than Iniesta. Don't know whether to laugh or cry. But you should definitely write a letter to del Bosque and tell him that. #BitchPlease
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:41 am

Why do people brag so much about Ronaldo's goals in the Euro? he scored only 3? not like he did any record breaking for god sake Torres scored the same amount.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:58 am

Euro's? Really?

Shameful ways to win Ballon Dor - Page 5 Di-CQKB

Shameful ways to win Ballon Dor - Page 5 Di-64QM

Portugal literally carried Cronaldo through Denmark, he scored two goals against zero point Holland and one against all mighty Czechs and then chickened/ gloryhunted the penalty against Spain. Hardly a performance of world's best player.

Messi is just smacking Cronaldo this year in national field

Shameful ways to win Ballon Dor - Page 5 Di-UQ0A
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:01 am

What bothers me most is they "forget" all those inch-perfect passes delivered to him by Moutinho and Co. , of which he missed half of them. But hey, let's have selective memories to make our argument stand.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:23 am

Real Kandahar wrote:@Sanchez, i beg to differ, can you tell me why Cannavaro won it in 2006? and Shevchenko in 2004? When in reality, Zidane, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo were clearly best players of the world at that time?

Ronaldinho and Ronaldo were better than Cannavaro in 2006? wtf. Yes Dinho had a great season with Barca winning the CL but his overall performacne at the WC was poor. Ronaldo? ffss.. lazy, slow, afraid infront of goal. Why bother even mentioning him. Zidane was critical in WC but was sound for club. Cannavaro had very good perfomances and was consistent for both club and country.
I know you are trying to prove a point that Ballon is rigged but again, it states and it should be the best overall individual performance by a player. A key reason why Cannavaro won it in 2006.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:40 am

danyjr wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:scores 60 goals, except when it counts lol flopped against Bayern, missed penalty, scored penalty against Bayern, flopped against Barcelona , lost copa del rey... and Euros because he flopped when it counted.

but oh he beat the crap out of APOEL and um didn't score many in group stages (or later stages while we're at it) :S

Fixed.

Also lol at both of you thinking Cazorla and Mata are better than Iniesta. Don't know whether to laugh or cry. But you should definitely write a letter to del Bosque and tell him that. #BitchPlease

is english ur first language? lol if it is, please find me the place where i said mata/cazorla are better, there is an old saying which says, "think before you speak" ... i never said iniesta is not better than those two, i simply said, "With that Spanish National side, even if iniesta didn't play, and mata/cazrola played instead, they still would win euros kuz they are perfect in every department"... now i doonno if i should cry or laugh at your reading skills.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:46 am

The Sanchez wrote:

Ronaldinho and Ronaldo were better than Cannavaro in 2006? wtf. Yes Dinho had a great season with Barca winning the CL but his overall performacne at the WC was poor. Ronaldo? ffss.. lazy, slow, afraid infront of goal. Why bother even mentioning him. Zidane was critical in WC but was sound for club. Cannavaro had very good perfomances and was consistent for both club and country.
I know you are trying to prove a point that Ballon is rigged but again, it states and it should be the best overall individual performance by a player. A key reason why Cannavaro won it in 2006.

LOL your point just contradicted yourself :facepalm:

you say better player deserves it not the one who performed better, and then when i give you example that cannavaro won it over zidane/ronaldinho (an example to show that zidane/ronaldinho the best players of that generation by a big margin, lost it to cannavaro ) and then u take my point and say, oh cannavaro had a better season for club and country, lol so i don't know which point within your hypocrisy to take into consideration?

who was the best player of the world in 2006 sanchez? zidane / ronaldinho or Cannavaro? please simply state that

Ronaldo had more silverware (just like cannavaro did in 2006 that's why he edged it) and in same case scenario doesn't deserve it? think about it a little and get at me.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:26 am

FIFA should just deceive both Cristiano and Messi and give it to somebody else..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:39 am

Swagg wrote:FIFA should just deceive both Cristiano and Messi and give it to somebody else..
If Messi and Ronaldo didn't exist it'd be between Casillas/Iniesta/Pirlo :coffee:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fenomeno Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:
El Fenomeno wrote:

And LOL about performance not mattering, it's all about titiles in balon d'or, did u forget , Cannavaro got balondor instead of Zidane and ROnaldinho, who were a world ahead of him in talent?

that was when it was voted for purely by jounalists., it now includes players and managers so you probably won't see it just being handed over to whoever won the world cup, or whoever won the Champions league.

Ronaldo's goal at the nou camp was absolutely on a plate. Are you seriously trying to convince yourself it was anything other than straight forward? I mean he was shooting into a goal with no keeper seeing as Valdes came part way off his line and left himself stranded.

Take you ronaldo specs off
El Fenomeno
El Fenomeno
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Ninis wrote:people confuse sometimes the purpose of this award

just cause messi is the best doesnt mean he deserves it, otherwise we should just hand it to him until he retires
i really dont see how messi deserves it more than cristiano this season, i would mention iniesta too for his amazing performance on the euros but given the difference in his goals ammount with messi & cr will feel wrong.

even if messi had an overall better performance each game and goal ratio the fact that cristiano's achievements actually led to glory says something.

for example its like saying the best team of this season was barca whereas chelsea won the competition, it feels and it is wrong to say it.
something like that occures in this situation too.
since madrid won the league and cristiano played a significant role for it as well as for the vital game against bayern where he kept madrid alive until the shootout, given also his decent performance on the euros
it wouldnt be wrong to hand it to cristiano this time

whoever of the two gets it i guess its alright, they both deserve it, but in no way one of the two is far ahead and im talking for the specific season's performance

Haha some Madrid fans claim they are the best team in the world even though Chelsea won the cl. You point is invalid at this point. Ball in dor is for the best player in the world not best team player.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:42 pm

El Fenomeno wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:
El Fenomeno wrote:

that was when it was voted for purely by jounalists., it now includes players and managers so you probably won't see it just being handed over to whoever won the world cup, or whoever won the Champions league.

Ronaldo's goal at the nou camp was absolutely on a plate. Are you seriously trying to convince yourself it was anything other than straight forward? I mean he was shooting into a goal with no keeper seeing as Valdes came part way off his line and left himself stranded.

it's not easy from that spot and that angle specially... it's hard to put it in... in fact, show me someone else scoring like that, don't judge things from what you see on tv, as a footballer, i would know that's a hard place to score from.

yeah, and what would some captain of finland, or coach of barkina faso know about who had a better season, fifa ruined balon d'or seriously, only journalists should vote...
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:
El Fenomeno wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:
El Fenomeno wrote:

it's not easy from that spot and that angle specially... it's hard to put it in... in fact, show me someone else scoring like that, don't judge things from what you see on tv, as a footballer, i would know that's a hard place to score from.

yeah, and what would some captain of finland, or coach of barkina faso know about who had a better season, fifa ruined balon d'or seriously, only journalists should vote...
Most of us play football sir, as a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER that goal is easy, and expected to be scored if he missed its considered missing a sitter like he said take off your ronaldo shades.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fenomeno Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:
El Fenomeno wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:
El Fenomeno wrote:

I've been playing football longer than you son, and as a striker too.

For a professional footballer it's an easy finish. There was no keeper, he knocked the ball right down the centre of the goal and scored, because it was a big defining goal doesn't mean his fans have to try and make the goal something more than it was.
El Fenomeno
El Fenomeno
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:36 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Why does Ronaldo Deserve it more than Messi ?

would you have asked this question had it been Benzema vs Missi

Why did Missi deserve it last year??? Ronaldo scored more than him but Missi won more trophies than him, but thats a no-factor no?? since Ronaldo doesn't even deserve to win it despite leading Madrid to its first LaLiga title in 4 years, nearly took Madrid to the final in CL and helped madrid win the first trophy of this season and led Portugal to semi-final all that while having a Sunday league striker to feed the ball to in Portugal

lets just forget the reason Barca were so far behind us was last season abd didn't get into the final of the CL was because how mediocre Missi was for over 2-4 months, leading Barca to losses against Osasuna, Chelsea etc hence the word Missi has been derived from that Laughing

BOTH Messi and Ronaldo got equally as far in the Champions League (both missing crucial PK's in the 2nd leg)

And what's with all this nonesense of Ronaldo getting more trophies so he deserves the Ballon D'Or more? Last I checked Ronaldo won one trophy last year which could be argued was allot due to Benz and Ozil have amazing seasons just as much as it was Ronaldo's performances. Heck, Ronaldo could of been injured all season and Madrid would of likely still won via beating up on all the weaker teams. So Ronaldo got the league and Messi got the Copa Del Rey, Uefa Super Cup, Club World Cup and Supercopa de Espana. Cookie trophies yes, but still more than what Ronaldo got and 2 of them Barca went through Madrid to win them. Take in to account Messi's record breaking European season of goals and assists and face it...Messi was better

That said, I think Iniesta is going to win it. Spain has been so dominant and I think a Spanish player will win it with Iniesta sealing it by winning best player at the Euros
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:42 am

wow i give up, people who don't take angles into consideration ... :facepalm:

anyways back on topic, let the future decide, im tired of this discussion.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next