The Messiah
jontsu
Onyx
Zealous
billionmillion
42 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Shameful ways to win Ballon Dor - Page 2 Empty Re: Shameful ways to win Ballon Dor

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Lex wrote:I forgot Cronaldo's exploits in the Euros Laughing Refusing to take a penalty lool

Ballon D'or material indeed Laughing

Let it go Lex Laughing

RG just completely blow the argument out of the water with his post.

Cyprus play Slovenia and Hellas the Bosnians. Prepare for that.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Shameful ways to win Ballon Dor - Page 2 Empty Re: Shameful ways to win Ballon Dor

Post by Lex Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Cyprus is going to get murked lol
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:30 pm

People still wet their undies over the Balon D'or i see......

Interesting. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

would you have asked this question had it been Benzema vs Missi

yea.

Why did Missi deserve it last year??? Ronaldo scored more than him but Missi won more trophies than him, but thats a no-factor no?? since Ronaldo doesn't even deserve to win it despite leading Madrid to its first LaLiga title in 4 years, nearly took Madrid to the final in CL and helped madrid win the first trophy of this season and led Portugal to semi-final all that while having a Sunday league striker to feed the ball to in Portugal

Ronaldo didn't lead Madrid to the La liga title. That's exaggeration. Benzema scored 21 goals in the league, Higuain scored 22 . Wasn't Ozil Madrid's player of the year ?

Ronaldo was the reason you didn't make it to the CL final, think you are forgetting that. Messi was the top scorer in the tournament.

And Don't over exaggerate Ronaldo's Performance in the Euros. He was motm for one game, Disappeared everytime his team needed him after that. Chickened out from taking a penalty which would have got Portugal into the next round...

lets just forget the reason Barca were so far behind us was last season abd didn't get into the final of the CL was because how mediocre Missi was for over 2 months, leading Barca to losses against Osasuna etc hence the word Missi has been derived from that Laughing

"Medicore" messi scored 73 goals in that season. I don't think how that is something to laugh about ?

1) Without Ronaldo Madrid don't win the league last year. Period. Paint it however you want, it's the truth and anyone who watch Madrid last year knows this.

2) 73 goals of which the overwhelming majority had no bearing on any major competition whatsoever. Taking a shit on the Plzen's and Leverkusen's of this world does not impress me at least not when you have another player with 60 goals who was actually decisive when his team needed him to be.

3) Ronaldo was why we didn't reach the CL final? Seriously? Kaka and Ramos take more blame than Cr simply because Cristiano stepped up when he needed to. The only reason Messi was top scorer was because of Plzen and Leverkusen. He scored two pens against Milan to round off his top scorer award. Impressive numbers but when put into context not so impressive.

Messi had a great year but him winning the Balon D'Or would be like Suarez winning it when he scored 50 goals in the Eredivise a couple of years ago.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Lex wrote:I forgot Cronaldo's exploits in the Euros Laughing Refusing to take a penalty lool

Ballon D'or material indeed Laughing

Let it go Lex Laughing

RG just completely blow the argument out of the water with his post.

No, no he didn't.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Replace Benzema and Higuain with Alexis and Cuenca and Madrid still win the league Thumbs up
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Great hypothetical logic. Replace my girlfriend with Mila Kunis and I'm still the stud of the relationship.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:49 pm

It's true though, it was Messi vs Ronaldo, Higuain and Benzema not Messi v Ronaldo.

Even Xavi and Iniesta was poor for the most part, Messi was basically Barca's midfield and attack for the majority of the season Laughing

Not comparing for Balon D'or purposes because i couldn't really care less about it but without Ronaldo Madrid still win the league IMO and without Messi i doubt Barca even get a CL spot Laughing

That's how much he carried them last season, this season has been different which i'm more than happy to explain if you want me to.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:49 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:

In the more harder games where we needed to score, take Rayo or Atleti for example, he single handly won us all 3 points there where was Benzema??, Ronaldo was the one who delivered, and its not his fault nobody in Barca are allowed to score to not hurt Missi's feelings, no Ozil wasn't named the best Ronaldo was and rightfully so

Sorry but did i read Atletico being a hard game ? lol what ? Apart from barcelona at Santiago there was hardly any hard games, there was no point at where you struggled in the season. And Where was Benzema ? who gave madrid the lead against Barcelona ? Or Valencia away ? or Malaga home ? C'mon even higuain played his part at times. You can't stay Ronaldo was doing everything while others were smoking a pot on the side.

Ronaldo scored 2 of our 3 goals, its not his fault Cacktrao doesn't know how to defend and Ramos skied the penalty, he did everything that is human possible for him to do.

Ronaldo missed his penalty. Think it was humanly possible for him to score that instead of choking no ?

Played bad for only two games, the rest he was their best player espeically against Cezh Republic and Holland two games they desperately needed to win to progress, also he didn't chicken out lol, he just decided to take the last penalty and thats his choice we would not have discussed this had Alves known how to kick a damn ball

The mighty Czech and Holland who ended up with 0 points ? what about Spain or Germany, or even Denmark where Bendtner showed him how to step up in big games ?

scored 73 in all competitions during the course of the season, didn't call him mediocre overall but during a very important time when they were trailing us and had a chance to close the gap, not to mention his penalty against Chelsea that propably got them the loss and all his other horrendous misses in other games that prevented Barca from winning because the other guys he plays with have signed a contract saying they can't score lots of goals or else they would get kicked out

All in all, Missi has nothing on Ronaldo other than his goals which he got by playing in some Club worldcup and a bunch of shat teams in cl where he was able to pad his stats. Barca have been put in a lolworthy group, wouldn't be surprised if he hit 80 goals

I don't even want to answer this. No offence mate, you are my close friend but you know what you wrote is completely from your biased side. I have nothing against Ronaldo, I am a big fan. But i am not biased Wink
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:52 pm

RG sorry for the usual question, but will there be chat for WC Qualifiers?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's true though, it was Messi vs Ronaldo, Higuain and Benzema not Messi v Ronaldo.

Even Xavi and Iniesta was poor for the most part, Messi was basically Barca's midfield and attack for the majority of the season Laughing

Not comparing for Balon D'or purposes because i couldn't really care less about it but without Ronaldo Madrid still win the league IMO and without Messi i doubt Barca even get a CL spot Laughing

That's how much he carried them last season, this season has been different which i'm more than happy to explain if you want me to.

Your whole argument is very debatable. But even if we took that for granted Ronaldo still had a great year and his contribution was still the largest out of his team mates throughout the year. Doesn't that deserve recognition?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Ronaldo didn't lead Madrid to the La liga title. That's exaggeration. Benzema scored 21 goals in the league, Higuain scored 22 . Wasn't Ozil Madrid's player of the year ?

What a load of bull.

Are we going to discredit Missi's achievements in the 08/09 season because Eto'o and Henry were just as prolific?

Before any of the Whoscored sluts rip my argument apart. I seem to remember Ronaldo scoring loads of important goals for Madrid in the title run-in..perhaps Messi scored more but Barca didn't win the title did they?

The hat-trick in the Madrid derby, the back-heeled winner against Rayo, the winner against Sporting Gijon, THAT goal against Barca to seal the title etc.

Ronaldo was the reason you didn't make it to the CL final, think you are forgetting that. Messi was the top scorer in the tournament.
Eh? He was the only player on Madrid that actually showed up against Bayern. Two goals and an assist over the two legs against a Top 3 side in the World at the time.

While Messi was the one that crucially gave the ball away to Lampard for Drogba's winner at Stamford Bridge and how quickly has everyone forgotten the chokejob against an understrength Chelsea side who were down to 10 men for over 45 minutes?

Padding your stats against a side that struggled to finish 5th in the Bundesliga isn't that much of an achievement. Lets be honest here.

And Don't over exaggerate Ronaldo's Performance in the Euros. He was motm for one game, Disappeared everytime his team needed him after that. Chickened out from taking a penalty which would have got Portugal into the next round...

He produced the best individual performance in the Euros against the 3rd strongest side at the Euros in the Group of Death and was a penalty shootout away from taking Portugal into the finals.

Fact.

Did Drogba chicken away from penalty duties at Munich? Dat bias. :bow:

Don't get me wrong, Messi is obviously the best player in the World in terms of talent but the fact that Ronaldo is keeping pace with arguably the best player and best club side of all time says alot about his intangibles.

As long as that fraud Iniesta doesn't rob another trophy from either one these two I could care less who wins it tbh.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:57 pm

RG calling Atleti game not hard O.o??? :shocked:

Ninja edit: oh i see what you did, the game didn't turn out as easy as we would've wanted it eco smile but Ronalo stepped up thankfully
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:without Messi i doubt Barca even get a CL spot

:facepalm:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Zealous wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's true though, it was Messi vs Ronaldo, Higuain and Benzema not Messi v Ronaldo.

Your whole argument is very debatable. But even if we took that for granted Ronaldo still had a great year and his contribution was still the largest out of his team mates throughout the year. Doesn't that deserve recognition?

I agree but only one man gets the recognition, just the world we live in that there can only be one winner.

Personally i see an argument for both sides but at the end of the day only one man can get that recognition.

Might seem a bit unfair only one of the players from an individual stand point but it's just the way it is.

I almost want Iniesta to win it just for the hilarious backlash Laughing

Also Gil it was statistically proven that without Messi's goals and assists Barca would have finished 6th so......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Zealous wrote:

1) Without Ronaldo Madrid don't win the league last year. Period. Paint it however you want, it's the truth and anyone who watch Madrid last year knows this.

I watched every single madrid game, like i always do. Remove Ozil's 24 assists and madrid won't win the league. Take out benzema's 23 goals and you won't win the league.

Stop painting Ronaldo as Maradona of Napoli. He isn't. He was indeed your most important player and did heck of a job, but it wasn't a one man show. Unless you want to Confess Madrid are a one man team ?

2) 73 goals of which the overwhelming majority had no bearing on any major competition whatsoever. Taking a shit on the Plzen's and Leverkusen's of this world does not impress me at least not when you have another player with 60 goals who was actually decisive when his team needed him to be.

That's a shit argument. Pele probably scored 400 goals which had no bearing on any major competition. Guess who is the greatest player ever ?

3) Ronaldo was why we didn't reach the CL final? Seriously? Kaka and Ramos take more blame than Cr simply because Cristiano stepped up when he needed to. The only reason Messi was top scorer was because of Plzen and Leverkusen. He scored two pens against Milan to round off his top scorer award. Impressive numbers but when put into context not so impressive.

Oh, It's perfectly ok for Ronaldo to miss the penalty because you like him but not for Kaka as he isn't in your good books ? Ronaldo Stepped up when he was needed to... apart from the time where he would have given madrid a strong hand by scoring the penalty...

And what's wrong with scoring against Plzeň ? or Leverkusen? Should we lambast Ronaldo for scoring against shitty la liga sides as well now ? Silly argument

Messi had a great year but him winning the Balon D'Or would be like Suarez winning it when he scored 50 goals in the Eredivise a couple of years ago.

No it wouldn't be. There is no Correlation between those two incidents
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Zealous wrote:

Yes it does. His was awarded the GOAL.COM award, wans't he? That's good enough for him.

Best individual player on the planet is a different story though. Very Happy
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:03 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:RG calling Atleti game not hard O.o??? :shocked:

Ninja edit: oh i see what you did, the game didn't turn out as easy as we would've wanted it eco smile but Ronalo stepped up thankfully

When was the last time atletico won against u Razz
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Also Gil it was statistically proven that without Messi's goals and assists Barca would have finished 6th so......

You seriously think Barca are the 6th best side in Spain without Messi?

Just backs up my padding stats argument.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Arquitecto wrote:RG sorry for the usual question, but will there be chat for WC Qualifiers?

yea. 7 pm or so Wink
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:Sorry but did i read Atletico being a hard game ? lol what ? Apart from barcelona at Santiago there was hardly any hard games, there was no point at where you struggled in the season. And Where was Benzema ? who gave madrid the lead against Barcelona ? Or Valencia away ? or Malaga home ? C'mon even higuain played his part at times. You can't stay Ronaldo was doing everything while others were smoking a pot on the side.

LOLz, if there aren't any hard games why did Barca struggle to win nearly 1/3 of them?? Benz gave us the lead after a Baldez gaffe, that goal is all on DiMaria thank you very much. we drew the Malaga home game, without Ronaldo scoring we won't win Laughing . lol Higgy played better than Benz but thats a story for another day, while Higgy was great he saw his mins limited, so despite him scoring alot he didn't actually play much. didn't say they were useless but he was there when we needed him while the others did it for some games and not for others, he was ALWAYS there

Ronaldo missed his penalty. Think it was humanly possible for him to score that instead of choking no ?

him missing is not chocking lol, he was practically dead at that stage, you could see it with how tame the shot was his penalty in the first half just shows he can score if he isn't ohysically exhausted, Kaka hadn't even played and he missed while Ramos is a defender who doesn't run as much as the attacker and he skied his

The mighty Czech and Holland who ended up with 0 points ? what about Spain or Germany, or even Denmark where Bendtner showed him how to step up in big games ?

Germany/Denmark where the first two games Laughing and czech where Portugal's opponents in the quarters so could not have possibly ended up with 0 points eco smile

I don't even want to answer this. No offence mate, you are my close friend but you know what you wrote is completely from your biased side. I have nothing against Ronaldo, I am a big fan. But i am not biased Wink

to each their own i guess, also Missi padding his stats against shat CL teams is out of bias??? common RG

i remember two seasons ago when Ronaldo was criticized by us Madridistas for padding his stats at the end of the season while not delivering in big games, he was even booed at one stage

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Without Messi last season Barca would finish in 6th place, without Ronaldo Madrid is still champion. shut up biased CR fanboys
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:08 pm

Gil wrote:

How does it back your stat padding argument?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:
When was the last time atletico won against u Razz

They were so so so close to breaking that duck last season with Simeone until Ronaldo's amazing goals that helped us win

Atleti will never in against us, even at the start of this season where we even lost against Getafe Castilla, Atleti would never have won.

Maybe its a curse who knows
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Looking at the way they are performing now, i wouldn't be surprised if they atleast draw with Madrid this year.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:12 pm

Gil wrote:

Without Messi, Villa, Pedro ( off form), Pique off form, Puyol injured, Abidal injured, Xavi off form, Iniesta off form and injured they probably are not far off that....

That's the reason he carried them so much last season, defensively practically all the players were injured or off form apart from Alves.

Same goes for Midfield apart from Busquets and Pedro was playing like a scrub all season and Villa was injured.

All them points together meant that Messi was basically a one man band.

if all those players were on form and fit and Messi was out then it's a different story but fact is most of Barca's team Messi a side was off form or injured.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next