McAgger
RedOranje
Art Morte
Helmer
Red Alert
36 posters

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Sounds like agent talk to me, Fahim.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by Fahim89 Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:38 pm

RedOranje wrote:Sounds like agent talk to me, Fahim.

Yep can't disagree on that . . . will follow up if something solid comes up! But i guess its too soon for that!

And i see Art is spreading the happy pessimism here too! Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Art Morte wrote:I'm not expecting much business in January. Wouldn't be surprised if there was none. If there are any incoming transfers it's going to be a forward of sorts, but not a big-money signing (15m+). Personally I'd prefer Carroll recalled, but I know it won't happen and haven't got any names on my wishlish. Just taking it as it comes. When January comes.

Not sure how you come at that conclusion. We know that there was at least 7m not spent at the end of the transfer window from the failed Dempsey deal, and the owners have said (and BR has stated he's been told) that the manager will be supported for adding reinforcements. We've been starting several under 20 year olds, and our only fit Striker is one yellow off from a suspension. You may dislike BR's type of tactics, think he should use more of a plan b, think he's done a poor job so far, but the man's not stupid. You're seriously reaching here.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:46 pm

We're definitely signing players. That's been confirmed on every level of our management.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:49 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I'm not expecting much business in January. Wouldn't be surprised if there was none. If there are any incoming transfers it's going to be a forward of sorts, but not a big-money signing (15m+). Personally I'd prefer Carroll recalled, but I know it won't happen and haven't got any names on my wishlish. Just taking it as it comes. When January comes.

Not sure how you come at that conclusion. We know that there was at least 7m not spent at the end of the transfer window from the failed Dempsey deal, and the owners have said (and BR has stated he's been told) that the manager will be supported for adding reinforcements. We've been starting several under 20 year olds, and our only fit Striker is one yellow off from a suspension. You may dislike BR's type of tactics, think he should use more of a plan b, think he's done a poor job so far, but the man's not stupid. You're seriously reaching here.

The Dempsey argument could just as well be interpreted as "we were running on fumes there in August and didn't have the cash to pull the deal off."

And I'm not saying Rodgers wouldn't spend if he could, I'm just doubtful that he'll have any serious cash available. 10m maybe, 15m great, anything above that and I'll be genuinly surprised.

Not sure what it's worth but a few days ago Goal.com was running a story where Rodgers had said he didn't expect much movement in January.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Art Morte wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:

The Dempsey argument could just as well be interpreted as "we were running on fumes there in August and didn't have the cash to pull the deal off."

And I'm not saying Rodgers wouldn't spend if he could, I'm just doubtful that he'll have any serious cash available. 10m maybe, 15m great, anything above that and I'll be genuinly surprised.

Not sure what it's worth but a few days ago Goal.com was running a story where Rodgers had said he didn't expect much movement in January.

http://www.examiner.com/article/liverpool-manager-brendan-rodgers-claims-attacking-signings-coming-january

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/917506-brendan-rodgers-hints-liverpool-will-spend-big-in-january-transfer-window

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/02/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-strikers

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/6952/20121119/liverpool-transfer-news-rodgers-new-striker-january-window-walcott-carragher.htm

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/liverpool-chairman-werner-says-rodgers-will-have-january-spending-cash-3644691

Just read the quotes, ignore the speculation in the articles; I know the sources aren't all amazing, but the quotes are real - you can find multiple articles across a bunch of sources referencing them.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:01 pm

I suppose it's the first day of February - if not sooner - when we'll know who has been more right here.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Guys, I can understand that as fans we are worried about which player will arrive at Liverpool. I am following this discussion from many days.
BR's statement that there will not be wholesale changes, is important. As a club, we don't want to show that we are too desperate although we are. It unnecessarily raises the value of a player. I think BR is a shrewd person and he will not make mistakes here. He will try to get a perfect player who fills our requirements for appropriate money, probably one or two depending on how many go out. Wink

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:05 am

We didn't want to negotiate with Fulham because they were being unethical with us. They accepted Spurs offer of 7m but wouldn't accept ours - they demanded 8m. And to be totally honest, I'm happy we didn't sign him. I have never rated the guy and I'm in the belief that we dodged a bullet. I'm not too sure what the situation at Spurs is for him, but judging from stats (ik ik) it doesn't look like he's settled in too well.

Oh, and we had a bid at the end of January for Sturridge for over 10m which shows we DO have money to spend. Both Rodgers and Werner have recently stated that there will be activity in January also.
____

@ HEIL MEIN REDS: How serious are reports suggesting we're in for Hunterlaar in Germany?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:53 am

I'll say it, even though I may yet eat my hat come January...

I SERIOUSLY doubt we will buy a big-name CF in January, especially one that is an out-and-out poacher.

I'm convinced we will spend the majority of our cash on a wide-striker, and only then bring in a back-up CF for considerably less.

If we're truly going to build around Suarez, then we need to play him through the middle in that false9-ish role. Unless we change to a two-striker system, which I believe is highly unlikely, I can't see us bringing in a star CF.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:18 am

In all honesty I think we're going to sign one of Sturridge or Walcott and that's it. I'm not a big fun of either of them and hope we do our business outside the EPL, but they both seem like Rodger type signings.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:04 am

Linked with Großkreutz again by Bild apparently, but it sounds like it's likely just a rehash of summer rumours.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:00 pm

@ HEIL MEIN REDS: How serious are reports suggesting we're in for Hunterlaar in Germany? [/quote]
In one line, no confirmed serious reports.
My friends-schalke 04 fans are sure that he will leave the club this January. Huntelaar's agent had said 'he has offers from 4-5 top clubs in Europe. But he might stay in Germany also'. Now it is difficult to say where he will be exactly. Remember if he is leaving a champions league club, he will look for something similar. So it will depend upon what position liverpool will be till january.
The media in germany does not work in the same way as in UK or England. Also most of the times, the newspapers here in Germany have the same news about huntelaar to EPL but always the sources are written as British Newspapers.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:02 pm

@ ynwa, today only i found out this. I have put summary here by translating:

Heldt told Deutsche Presse-Agentur: "I do not have any concrete enquiries for both the players as of now. Lewis Holtby is on the verge of signing a new contract.
the club may have final talks in January to extend the deal for both the players. The club wants both of them to stay at Schalke. "

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Thanks for that, HEIL.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Lazio forward Mauro Zarate is a target for Arsenal, Liverpool and Stoke, according to one of his agents.

Who??? scratch

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/sky-sports-zarate-linked-with-reds

Liverpool and Arsenal are facing a transfer battle with AC Milan in the race to sign Barcelona starlet Cristian Tello, according to reports.

Not that again :facepalm:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/givemefootball-com-tello-a-target

Edinson Cavani has agreed to talk with Premier League giants Arsenal and Liverpool over a possible transfer, according to the Napoli star's agent.

Clueless on this hmm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/express-cavani-agrees-to-talks
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:07 pm

"One of his agents" is NEVER a good thing to have in an article, lol.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:59 am

Rumour (although has quotes from agent...) that Fahim just linked us to for Cavani:

Edinson Cavani has agreed to talk with Premier League giants Arsenal and Liverpool over a possible transfer, according to the Napoli star's agent.

The Uruguayan's agent Claudio Annelucci says the 25-year-old hitman dreams of playing in England and hinted at a possible move.

Cavani, 25, is one of the most sought after strikers in the world and is the current top goal scorer in Serie A.

Annelucci said: "Liverpool and Arsenal are the first clubs Cavani has agreed to talk to.

"It is no secret that Cavani wants to play in England; it is one of his biggest dreams."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been promised a hefty transfer kitty after the Gunners signed a new £150 million sponsorship deal with airline Emirates.

Whereas Cavani would prove a great acquisition for Brendan Rodgers who has become reliant on Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.

Cavani has an impressive scoring record, bagging 57 goals in 81 appearances since joining Napoli in 2010.

I'm really going to hate the next couple of windows. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:12 am

Rumors on Twitter that Liverpool wants to re-sign Thomas Ince
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:30 am

Rumours on twitter that Walcott and Sagna want out. Also rumours on twitter that we're in talks with Cavani and Zarate.

Twitter talk means nothing.

I don't even believe the news reports about Ince at the moment.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 am

Giuseppe Rossi rumors heating up. Like I said before, would love him to link up with Suarez. His injuries and the fact that Villarreal are in the second division could see his pricetag be very cheap.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 am

RedOranje wrote:Rumours on twitter that Walcott and Sagna want out. Also rumours on twitter that we're in talks with Cavani and Zarate.

Twitter talk means nothing.

I don't even believe the news reports about Ince at the moment.

A note: This is not saying that a deal for Ince couldn't/won't happen, simply that as of now I believe it's likely only paper talk.

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Giuseppe Rossi rumors heating up. Like I said before, would love him to link up with Suarez. His injuries and the fact that Villarreal are in the second division could see his pricetag be very cheap.

Judas Rossi is headed to Italy, I think.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:24 am

I'm sure he still has some grudge against SAF for doubting his ability, so what better way to get revenge than to succeed with their hated rivals. Also linking up with Luis could be too nice for him to turn down. And we already have an Italian here who we could use as bait to persuade him, not to even mention our American ownership.

Just wishful thinking Sad It would be incredible though if it were to happen.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:32 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Giuseppe Rossi rumors heating up. Like I said before, would love him to link up with Suarez. His injuries and the fact that Villarreal are in the second division could see his pricetag be very cheap.
I'm not a fan... That said, he is a very good player, but I'm not convinced he's what we need.

Effectively, he's Suarez Lite. He's a tricky, dribbling CF that is predominantly thought of as as second striker. He could potentially find a spot as a wide-forward and be very productive in our set-up, but that's hardly his preferred role. Moreover, January will be a time for tweaks and reinforcements. We've made it clear we're not going to drop huge money in January. We're going to look for players that can come in and contribute NOW. Rossi has not played for a year and is likely to be out until around march. There is no way he would be fit to make a real contribution to the team this season. If anything, a cut-price deal could make sense in the summer, when he has the chance to go through a full preseason and regain fitness and form.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:57 am

The thing is after this winter window his price tag will go skyrocketing. He was on the verge of breaking into the elite category as he had a monstrous season in 2010-11 scoring 32 goals then the injury halted him last season. If you want a WC talent in your team this is the perfect time to buy him. He'll be dirt cheap, he's only 25. Will return in February as the doctors have said and will be an instant hit for us. I don't know why you say your not convinced he's what we need. Another Suarez type player is exactly what we need. He can play any of the forward positions to perfection.

I'm convinced if we get him or someone like him (i.e. Jovetic) than we'll easily challenge for the PL.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:50 pm

Can someone of the American populace of this section tell me why they consider Rossi, Judas?

That being said I'd pay to get him as he would be perfect for BR's squad.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next