McAgger
RedOranje
Art Morte
Helmer
Red Alert
36 posters

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 7 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:50 pm

Can someone of the American populace of this section tell me why they consider Rossi, Judas?

That being said I'd pay to get him as he would be perfect for BR's squad.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 7 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by Helmer Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:02 pm

I like Messiah's thinking here. Very Happy Future point of view, Giuseppe Rossi will be a perfect signing. Considering that we have to play more games next season, we can play him instead of suarez so that suarez will also get some rest.
Playing him along side Suarez is already discussed here.Also then that one man dependence thing will not exist. He is absolutely suitable in BR system. I really pray that he comes to livrepool provided that he is not too expensive.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Can someone of the American populace of this section tell me why they consider Rossi, Judas?

That being said I'd pay to get him as he would be perfect for BR's squad.

Because he could've been the biggest face of the fastest growing (and most popular among youth) sport in the U.S., and instead opted to perpetually ride Italy's bench. He's a traitor.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:46 pm

To be fair to him, he was going to be an undoubted starter for Italy if not for his near career ending injury.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:53 pm

I vote for this thread to only post about CLOWNING leaving . . . . the rest can wait!!!! :brickwall:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:32 pm

He identifies himself as someone from New Jersey... owns a house there... is currently LIVING in New Jersey, and yet opted to play for Italy for the chance at glory. Really no different from Torres moving from LFC to Chelsea for a better chance at trophies or RvP ditching Arsenal for United in the eyes of most US fans. Similarly, most fans outside of the US won't see anything wrong with what he's done.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:53 pm

RedOranje wrote:He identifies himself as someone from New Jersey... owns a house there... is currently LIVING in New Jersey, and yet opted to play for Italy for the chance at glory. Really no different from Torres moving from LFC to Chelsea for a better chance at trophies or RvP ditching Arsenal for United in the eyes of most US fans. Similarly, most fans outside of the US won't see anything wrong with what he's done.

The difference is he moved to Parma, Italia at the age of 12 and was there till 2004 and bred in a culture which appreciates football far more then what the US culture did (back then.) I don't understand if Football at his age wasn't even the 4th most popular sport then why would he be compelled to play for the USNMT when he taught the Italian arts of culture and football by his Italian parents and then an Italian team during his youth career in Parma.

This isn't even counting that he played for U-14 Italia at the age of 13 as an individual at that age surely isn't influenced by his personal thought process, but by his immigrant father.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Well the fact that his childhood dream was always to pull on the Azzurri jersey also played a part.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Liverpool Watched Bafatembi Gomis last night according to reports in france last night

Liverpool also interested in Wilfried Bony of Vitesse but Agent says he is destined for Chelsea

Report in Portugal says Liverpool wants to Loan Jeffren from Lisbon (Source)
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:Liverpool Watched Bafatembi Gomis last night according to reports in france last night

Liverpool also interested in Wilfried Bony of Vitesse but Agent says he is destined for Chelsea

Report in Portugal says Liverpool wants to Loan Jeffren from Lisbon (Source)

scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:45 pm

To be honest.

I want a LB now.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:40 am

I don't know where to post this but this thread is probably appropriate

Un-f*cking-believable :facepalm:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/lfc-disclose-agents-fees-for-2011-12

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:41 am

the media have tried their best in making virtually all misfit and injury laddened player a liverpool target so far they fall under the fsg policy,until a player comes in i fail to believe anytin. And that rodgers isnt even sure if money will be spent makes matters worse.....How on earth did we even get here?
HOXTYGEN
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:25 am

It's not right that we have the second-highest manager fees spending in the league while we don't seem to get any stronger...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Simply don't agree on Rossi. He will still command a sizable fee right now, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO guarantee he will ever return the form he was showing before his injury. He hasn't played in a year... That's not something that you recover from (form-wise) after a week in training. By the time he plays again, he will be 26 and beginning to enter the "peak" years of his career. Instead of pushing on and building on his form in the last few years, he's going to be learning to walk again after a recurring ACL tear. I'm sorry, but I'm just not eager to invest in a player that may or may not stay fit for a season.

At his peak (pre-injury) Rossi was arguably as good as Jovetic is right now. However, that's certainly not enough to help us contend for the PL right now. Don't get me wrong, we could certainly use a player like that. However, if you think that is all that is wrong with the team at the moment, I feel truly sorry for you. We are not one player away from contending. We are several years away and in need improvement in several aspects, such as:
- Composure and quality in the midfield - Shelvey and Allen look to have the ability to be a wonderful partnership in midfield, but they are several years away. Lucas will go a long way in helping this, but he isn't single-handedly responsible for this. This could be resolved with Sahin stepping up his game, but I wouldn’t pay 15 mil for his services (in the form they have been so far) in the offseason. Unless he steps up his game, he’s going back to ride Madrid’s bench in June, and I won’t be terribly distraught about it. I don’t know where the player from BVB went, but I want THAT GUY back. Once again Mourinho looks to have robbed football of a wonderful player…
- Plugging the hole in the left side of defense - Enrique's looked good in the last few weeks, and just maybe he can be the solution there in the long-term. However, with him occupying the LW position at the moment, there is a gaping hole behind him. It doesn't matter that the other three players I rate as highly s any in the league if we continue to be found out down our left flank.
- Finally, wide forwards - this doesn’t necessarily fit Rossi’s style. We need scoring wingers. WE need one or two “Pedro-esque” players to complement Suarez’s “Messi”. Players such as Dries Mertens, Iker Muniain, and Theo Walcott. Even Nacer Chadli, P-E Aubameyang, and others across Europe could fill this role. My problem with Rossi is that he is too similar to Suarez to work well with him when Rossi starts in the wide position. Sterling is showing every sign that he will develop into precisely the type of player we need there. However, despite all of his wonderful performances this season, he’s still lacking in the goal-scoring department. Mind you, I’m not criticizing him for this, as he is still developing, but the team needs more.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Art Morte wrote:It's not right that we have the second-highest manager fees spending in the league while we don't seem to get any stronger...

Most of them has been to offload players though.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Art Morte wrote:It's not right that we have the second-highest manager fees spending in the league while we don't seem to get any stronger...

Agent fees, not manager fees.

[Tangential whinge] And from the look of it, Sterling's agent is doing his damnedest to earn himself a big fee at the moment. [/Tangential whinge]
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:30 am

A goal and an assist for Alex Morgan in the first half tonight. That brings her to 38 international goals in 55 caps at the age of 23; as well as 28 goals and 19 assists in 28 international appearances for the year.

Sign her up, Rodgers! :bow:
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:32 pm

donttreadonred wrote:.
Finally, wide forwards - this doesn’t necessarily fit Rossi’s style. We need scoring wingers. WE need one or two “Pedro-esque” players to complement Suarez’s “Messi”. Players such as Dries Mertens, Iker Muniain, and Theo Walcott. Even Nacer Chadli, P-E Aubameyang, and others across Europe could fill this role. My problem with Rossi is that he is too similar to Suarez to work well with him when Rossi starts in the wide position. Sterling is showing every sign that he will develop into precisely the type of player we need there. However, despite all of his wonderful performances this season, he’s still lacking in the goal-scoring department. Mind you, I’m not criticizing him for this, as he is still developing, but the team needs more.

Munain is in no way a scoring winger. That's actually one of his main problems.

I advocated the Borini transfer because to me he fits the mould of that player who will thrive alongside Suarez and that's something I still believe. He will be back in January and I hope he can catch form.

I agree with the suggestions you outlined who I've watched, Aubameyang and Walcott. Though I don't neccessarily think they are better fits than Borini.

Finally, I think Sterling should be encouraged to add to the scoring element of his game , because to me at least, the potential with him is better than an of the names I've outlined.

You're going to encounter significant issues if you partner Suarez on his own with rather flat players like Borini and Walcott, someone like Sterling who can further stretch defenses and is willing to take on his man is going to be important.

He has his issues but the wonderful thing is he's 17 years old and is still malleable. He can be moulded into what's necessary.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:49 pm

The injury to Borini could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I felt he needed time to settle in England with his personal life before he could focus on football. The Being Liverpool documentary stint on Borini showed that he was still very much living off a hotel while playing in his first weeks with us. Also the fact that literally had no rest during the summer played a huge part on his tough run of form. I think these 4 months off will really help his performance.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:The injury to Borini could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I felt he needed time to settle in England with his personal life before he could focus on football. The Being Liverpool documentary stint on Borini showed that he was still very much living off a hotel while playing in his first weeks with us. Also the fact that literally had no rest during the summer played a huge part on his tough run of form. I think these 4 months off will really help his performance.

Yeah we really could do with him finding some form when he comes back from the injury. If he doesn't, well, that would be bleak... But somehow I'm quietly confident that he will perform all right in the latter half of the season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:29 am

We are being linked with Michu hmm Would love him here but i don't see it happening.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:12 am

More lazy journalism.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:39 am

Liverpool signed Brendan Rodgers from Swansea.

Michu is playing well for Swansea.

Liverpool MUST want Michu...

We need more creative journalists.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:25 pm

It's mid-December now so it's close enough to the window to ask this (IMO):

What are the January business wishlists for everyone (ins and outs)? Somewhat realistic, obviously.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:31 pm

It must be a forward and "a", because I'm not expecting multiple signings.
I guess Walcott is an option if we agree to meet his wage demands, but not sure why he'd see us as a better option than staying at Arsenal.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next