So who should be our defenders for next season?

+17
teamanarchy
Magricos
dzah
Jeps33178
VanDeezNuts
hrealmadrid
daneq
Mr Nick09
StrugaRock
groovy
adnyana179
the xcx
shaven
Guiltybystander
EarlyPrototype
The Madrid One
Onyx
21 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

So who should be our defenders for next season? - Page 3 Empty Re: So who should be our defenders for next season?

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:14 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:I think you underrate him man

people normally have high expectation on a player like him, very normal imo.

but he is still young, at 25, if he continue to play more in a specific role he will shine more and improve more.

shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

So who should be our defenders for next season? - Page 3 Empty Re: So who should be our defenders for next season?

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:17 pm

To me, Mourinho has to weight on two things:
-his performance level right now, and how far he can progress being Rb
-his performances at CB, and how far he can go

if option 2 is more promising, and i think it is, then mourinho would move him once and for all. Ramos kinda hit a wall in his progression as RB and was hit and miss this season. First thing mourinho did when he moved here was to try and buy a RB, i think he had that concern already, and i cant say Ramos did enough to burry his worries.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:19 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:I think you underrate him man

Not really. 2 or 3 years ago, Ramos was fantastic, coming along beatifully as RB, then he stopped progressing. I think his maturity level started to hold him down and since then, he didnt really progress.

I have seen more positives about him playing CB in the past two years, bar the NT ofc.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:20 pm

why didnt mou signed david luiz again? Very Happy
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:21 pm

shaven wrote:why didnt mou signed david luiz again? Very Happy

what do you mean? for which position?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Too expensive.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:23 pm

He was being looked at for LB too I think.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:29 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Too expensive.

is money a problem with madrid? Wink
€25 million for luiz, i dont think that is expensive for madrid
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:29 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

CB
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:30 pm

We could of signed David Luiz and loaned him out.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:30 pm

shaven wrote:

I think Mou gave up on him because of Benficas asking price which was like 30 million and Mou gave up just like he did with Kolarov.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:31 pm

mtfootball wrote:We could of signed David Luiz and loaned him out.

Sign for 30 mil and loan him out?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:31 pm

I say Ramos at RB and Varane Carvalho CBs, Marcelo at LB. Backups with Albiol, Arbeloa and Juanan.
Pepe in a DM position, which he and Varane can actually interchange between aswell as CB.
I'd like to see Garay stay, but he can actually leave.
Ramos should stay at RB IMHO.
Coentrao shouldn't happen
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:32 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
shaven wrote:

I think Mou gave up on him because of Benficas asking price which was like 30 million and Mou gave up just like he did with Kolarov.

we need a better negotiator then Very Happy for future deals as well.
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:33 pm

We gotta give him credit for Sahin, Ozil and Khedira though. Smile
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:34 pm

teamanarchy wrote:I say Ramos at RB and Varane Carvalho CBs, Marcelo at LB. Backups with Albiol, Arbeloa and Juanan.
Pepe in a DM position, which he and Varane can actually interchange between aswell as CB.
I'd like to see Garay stay, but he can actually leave.
Ramos should stay at RB IMHO.
Coentrao shouldn't happen

same sentiments except the left, ill sign coentrao for them have a healthy competion

ramos rb and pepe dm will be maximizing their skills and talent

+1
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:36 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:We gotta give him credit for Sahin, Ozil and Khedira though. Smile

i dont count though Smile but i do agree credit on ozil and khedira

but sahin, we all have to wait and see.

i did give credit to mou when he decided to include canales on the team last season, but he failed to handle a young player
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:39 pm

shaven wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

CB
well, signing a young CB like Luiz, was committing himself to play him and help him develop into a marquee CB for us. which means there was no going back on turning Ramos into a CB had he flopped or disappointed as a RB.

What mourinho did this season was experimenting, he still has the option of taking Ramos future whichever way he wants, without anything holding him back. Carvalho is old, close to retirement and can accept a rotation role. A scenario in which you have Luiz, Ramos, and pepe rotating in defense, isnt so good.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:40 pm

shaven wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:We gotta give him credit for Sahin, Ozil and Khedira though. Smile

i did give credit to mou when he decided to include canales on the team last season, but he failed to handle a young player

Canales had just as much choice as mourinho to stay or go back to Racing tho
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:46 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
shaven wrote:

Canales had just as much choice as mourinho to stay or go back to Racing tho

so its more on canales fault i guess....
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
well, signing a young CB like Luiz, was committing himself to play him and help him develop into a marquee CB for us. which means there was no going back on turning Ramos into a CB had he flopped or disappointed as a RB.

What mourinho did this season was experimenting, he still has the option of taking Ramos future whichever way he wants, without anything holding him back. Carvalho is old, close to retirement and can accept a rotation role. A scenario in which you have Luiz, Ramos, and pepe rotating in defense, isnt so good.

he could simple let ramos play and develop him at the right and a simple rotation on luiz pepe and carvalho if he did sign him last jan. see the the changes there? i want to see mou develop player more this season.... overall it think he failed more players than improved
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:59 pm

shaven wrote:

he could simple let ramos play and develop him at the right and a simple rotation on luiz pepe and carvalho if he did sign him last jan. see the the changes there? i want to see mou develop player more this season.... overall it think he failed more players than improved

The only reason he did what he did is because he doubts Ramos. you dont seem to, but he has that issue i think. Mid season, Ramos was losing his RB place to Arbeloa... he hasnt been crystal clean as RB all season long.

And Luiz is a great player, but he isnt the finest defender around, not very cerebral, great athlete, but a guy lik Mat Hummels take him to school. If i have to guess, Mou wasnt really after Luiz.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:06 pm

Ramos has the most steals aswell. He is solid in RB. Still top 5.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Luiz will be great in a couple of years,he kept players like messi and chicharito in his pocket,but he still has some positioning issues he needs to work on,he wouldnt be good enough for madrid this season imo

Im sure hell end up in either barca or madrid in the future though
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:13 pm

[quote="St_Nick09_of_Goal"]
shaven wrote:

The only reason he did what he did is because he doubts Ramos. you dont seem to, but he has that issue i think. Mid season, Ramos was losing his RB place to Arbeloa... he hasnt been crystal clean as RB all season long.

points im keep on saying, he aint that good in developing players imo.
after first half , ramos bounce back obviously at the RB but he need to move back to CB due to unavailability of pepe
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Ramos is better at CB imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next