So who should be our defenders for next season?

+17
teamanarchy
Magricos
dzah
Jeps33178
VanDeezNuts
hrealmadrid
daneq
Mr Nick09
StrugaRock
groovy
adnyana179
the xcx
shaven
Guiltybystander
EarlyPrototype
The Madrid One
Onyx
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

So who should be our defenders for next season? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who should be our defenders for next season?

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Ramos is better at CB imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

So who should be our defenders for next season? - Page 4 Empty Re: So who should be our defenders for next season?

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:17 pm

you have to take into consideration the fact that mourinho might think ramos will do a much better CB than RB moving forward, that's the thing. If CB is the position he will fulfill his talent then mourinho hs the right to move him there.

you cant really use this to say he doesnt develop players, which i disagree with in a more general sense, but you want ramos to play as RB and devleop there, but mourinho might see more potential an dtalent in him as CB
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:20 pm

better or no is not the question for me...

i rather keep ramos at RB and make him on of the top players in that position. make him better since he can be , no doubt about that. he had proven something already.
get a better CB than ramos.

with this we are trying to improve not to experiment again...

2 cents
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:25 pm

Shaven I agree with you 100%
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:32 pm

you make a fair argument, but it's also to the coach's appreciation to decide whether he thinks Ramos has a future as RB. Right now i couldnt rank him as a top RB. Population is sure scarce in that area, but his defending there isnt the best. if he can flourish as a CB then we should move him. we cant really tell either how great of a CB he will be. he can very much become the bet in the world in the next two seasons...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:38 pm

Which CB that would move to us is better than Ramos at CB? Also Ramos at RB isn't the best defensively and Mourinho didn't let him attack last season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:40 pm

hes wanted ramos at cb since before he came, other than pepe moving to dm thats the main reason he was cb against barca.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:50 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:you make a fair argument, but it's also to the coach's appreciation to decide whether he thinks Ramos has a future as RB. Right now i couldnt rank him as a top RB. Population is sure scarce in that area, but his defending there isnt the best. if he can flourish as a CB then we should move him. we cant really tell either how great of a CB he will be. he can very much become the bet in the world in the next two seasons...

that is why my issue is with mou, but like everyone else im still supporting him, just saying what i think.
i could be right and i could be wrong. in here, i think he aint that good on developing players. at first i really though mou can bring out the best with the players. gago, canales, lass..... he needs to improve and that and motivate his players more to bring out the best in him.
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:51 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:Shaven I agree with you 100%

thanks!, very few agrees with me in this forum bounce i think i should drink more often!
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:58 pm

shaven wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:you make a fair argument, but it's also to the coach's appreciation to decide whether he thinks Ramos has a future as RB. Right now i couldnt rank him as a top RB. Population is sure scarce in that area, but his defending there isnt the best. if he can flourish as a CB then we should move him. we cant really tell either how great of a CB he will be. he can very much become the bet in the world in the next two seasons...

that is why my issue is with mou, but like everyone else im still supporting him, just saying what i think.
i could be right and i could be wrong. in here, i think he aint that good on developing players. at first i really though mou can bring out the best with the players. gago, canales, lass..... he needs to improve and that and motivate his players more to bring out the best in him.

well, you cant blame him for not developing lass or gago. what is there to blame him for? Gago was injured for the full season, and he played Lass quite a lot in the double pivot. what is there to develop with Lass?

we cant blame him that much for canales either imo. the kid had to bring it as well, we arent in the situation to cater to everyone.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:08 pm

shaven wrote:
hrealmadrid wrote:Shaven I agree with you 100%

thanks!, very few agrees with me in this forum bounce i think i should drink more often!

I agree with that too!!
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:10 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
shaven wrote:

well, you cant blame him for not developing lass or gago. what is there to blame him for? Gago was injured for the full season, and he played Lass quite a lot in the double pivot. what is there to develop with Lass?

we cant blame him that much for canales either imo. the kid had to bring it as well, we arent in the situation to cater to everyone.

I agree with that in regards to Gags and Lass, but Canales? He definitely could have done a bit more to aid him. My opinion.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:10 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:well, you cant blame him for not developing lass or gago. what is there to blame him for? Gago was injured for the full season, and he played Lass quite a lot in the double pivot. what is there to develop with Lass?

i do with canales and ramos.... but with lass and gago i dont even care. i want them gone even before.
slight improvement with marcelo and granero under mou. who else did he bring out the best of the players. even khedira was just average for me. albiol, leon, benzema..... there are too many to discuss in what im trying to prove so i just have to wait til next season again
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:14 pm

shaven wrote:

i do with canales and ramos.... but with lass and gago i dont even care. i want them gone even before.
slight improvement with marcelo and granero under mou. who else did he bring out the best of the players. even khedira was just average for me. albiol, leon, benzema..... there are too many to discuss in what im trying to prove so i just have to wait til next season again

i can get the canales part, but what did he do wrong with ramos?

he isnt a magician, players have their own curve of development as well. that's unrealistic expectations imo.
Mourinho isnt gonna fix khedira being shy for example, nor Albiol being an average defender for example.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:18 pm

shaven wrote:

I think Mou is already an good motivator, he dosent need to prove anything. Every player this season who has been regularly playing under Mous influence has had better season than before they went to madrid.
About gago, canales and lass. Gagos days in Madrid is done imo, noone wants an injury prone to a club who has a high salary, maybe you do but i certainly dont. Canales, great kid, alot to prove and has a huge potential to be a great footballer, but atm he only suits for us as a sub.
Lass, a good footballer, fast, defensive but when it comes to decision making, hes poor imo.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Lass needs regular football too just like Gago, so he should be sold. The thing is we have a lot of backups who can easily be better elsewhere.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:40 pm

mtfootball wrote:Lass needs regular football too just like Gago, so he should be sold. The thing is we have a lot of backups who can easily be better elsewhere.
I agree selling Gago but Lass should stay. Hes a great backup to Khedira or vice versa.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:47 pm

Khedira is more of a box to box whereas Lass is a pure DM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:51 pm

mtfootball wrote:Khedira is more of a box to box whereas Lass is a pure DM.
But he did fine replacing Khedira when he was injured tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Yeh he did but I think Lass should be backing up Alonso if he was to stay.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:01 pm

mtfootball wrote:Yeh he did but I think Lass should be backing up Alonso if he was to stay.
I belive we are playing with 4-3-3, this season so, Sahin and Alonso are surely part of our midfield but who do you think who should be the third one? Khedira or Lass?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:02 pm

maybe pepe will really be our DM Very Happy
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:07 pm

The xcx wrote:
mtfootball wrote:Yeh he did but I think Lass should be backing up Alonso if he was to stay.
I belive we are playing with 4-3-3, this season so, Sahin and Alonso are surely part of our midfield but who do you think who should be the third one? Khedira or Lass?

Well hopefully Ozil. Mourinho so far hasn't allowed Alonso to really attack so he pretty much is our DM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alex mahone Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:13 pm

I think carvalho could still be our main CB for next season, he's great last season, I'm optimistic he could make it again for at least one more season

So for me it's:
ramos/arbeola - pepe/ramos - carvalho/ramos - marcelo/coentrao?

varane & albiol as back up for CB
ramos plays RB and CB as good imo, so I can see him plays both role next season
About coentrao (if he come) as RB, I think I'll believe it when I see it, for now him plays LB rotating with marcelo is making more sense to me

alex mahone
alex mahone
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:18 pm

It makes more sense to play Coentrao on the right than to have him rotate with marcelo. like i said, what's the point of having Alves and Maicon in the same team?

There are plenty of defensive LBs out there if we needed variation.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:20 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:It makes more sense to play Coentrao on the right than to have him rotate with marcelo. like i said, what's the point of having Alves and Maicon in the same team?

There are plenty of defensive LBs out there if we needed variation.
I agree, Godbeloa would be excellent as a backup rb.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next