juventus101
urbaNRoots
Highburied
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Most Loyal Players - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Loyal Players

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:49 pm

juventus101 wrote:Marchisio and Chiellini to Juve. Buffon too but hes last generation. Vidal is very loyal too.

BTW I totally overlooked this, but: Vidal?!?!? Seriously?

He only ended up at Juve because he was pushing so hard for that Bayern move while he was at Leverkusen, Völler eventually had enough and decided to cash in, that's when he went to Juve.

And he did it in quite a public manner, what Vidal did, was pretty close to really shafting his own club back then.

I mean I don't blame him, who wants to play for Neverkusen? But it was disloyal.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:49 pm

baresi wrote:
rwo power wrote:
baresi wrote:I don't think you are serious about Buffon, he created a sh!t storm some years ago and demanded immediate transfer and was very close to joining Milan.
Well, he did stay with Juve even through their time in the lower division.

If it was all up to him he would have left but the club kept him.
You sure? I know in the BL most players have exit clauses if their team gets relegated. Unfortunately I know that too well as RWO lost practically all players due to the recent relegations and had to completely rebuild Sad

Which reminds me - we have one loyal player nonetheless: Mike Terranova :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:54 pm

rwo power wrote:
baresi wrote:
rwo power wrote:
baresi wrote:I don't think you are serious about Buffon, he created a sh!t storm some years ago and demanded immediate transfer and was very close to joining Milan.
Well, he did stay with Juve even through their time in the lower division.

If it was all up to him he would have left but the club kept him.
You sure? I know in the BL most players have exit clauses if their team gets relegated. Unfortunately I know that too well as RWO lost practically all players due to the recent relegations and had to completely rebuild Sad

Which reminds me - we have one loyal player nonetheless: Mike Terranova :bow:
100% sure, when less busy I'll try to find the interviews he had, and how far negotiations went with Milan.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:11 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Marchisio and Chiellini to Juve. Buffon too but hes last generation. Vidal is very loyal too.

BTW I totally overlooked this, but: Vidal?!?!? Seriously?

He only ended up at Juve because he was pushing so hard for that Bayern move while he was at Leverkusen, Völler eventually had enough and decided to cash in, that's when he went to Juve.

And he did it in quite a public manner, what Vidal did, was pretty close to really shafting his own club back then.

I mean I don't blame him, who wants to play for Neverkusen? But it was disloyal.

I think he just means the admiration that Vidal has shown for Juventus now that he is a player, I think he's fallen in love with the team and city but of course that's far from other player's loyalty posted in this thread.

And I'm not sure any Juventus fan would say Buffon is disloyal baresi

De Rossi is someone I would single out as being very loyal

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Well I certainly think it's possible what you say about Vidal, and maybe in 1 or 2 seasons I'll be comfortable calling him loyal, but as of now Juve is the club he went to because Völler wouldn't sell to Bayern München, and he forced himself out of his last club, which is disloyal.

But again, I understnad why he did it, and I don't think it's that big a deal, I just think it disqualifies Vidal from the list of exceptionally loyal players for now.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by abhinav14 Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:19 pm

highburied wrote:Its sad when players want to stay but the board forces them to leave.

Nasri, Song, RvP, Cole, Pires, Ljunberg, Adebayor, Toure, etc.... All could stay if Board tried harder.

Nasri left for money, no way we can pay him 180k p/w. Song was SOLD by us because we wanted to sell him. RvP wanted to win easily + more money. Cole wanted more money. Pires was approaching the twilight of his career when he left us. Ljungberg past it. Adebayor flirted with other clubs and we wanted to sell due to that plus his laziness. Toure had problems with Gallas and one had to be sold.

The only player I feel the board messed up with was Cole - he was the best LB in the world and we should have offered more.
abhinav14
abhinav14
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://thebottomcorner.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:32 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Well I certainly think it's possible what you say about Vidal, and maybe in 1 or 2 seasons I'll be comfortable calling him loyal, but as of now Juve is the club he went to because Völler wouldn't sell to Bayern München, and he forced himself out of his last club, which is disloyal.

But again, I understnad why he did it, and I don't think it's that big a deal, I just think it disqualifies Vidal from the list of exceptionally loyal players for now.

I agree with you, I mean, looking at the situation he walked into at Juventus too, brand new stadium, players like Pirlo and Buffon, and on top of that an undefeated season- not sure which player wouldn't want to stay in that situation, given how important he has been too

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:01 am

Guardado, although he didn't stay in deportivo, he went to second division with them to bring them back to first.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:52 am

From doing some googling, it seems Javier Zanetti is considered the most loyal player.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:56 am

highburied wrote:Good call on Agger.

Is De Rossi refusing to leave or Roma board refusing to sell him or both?

I know City are desperate to sign him.

Both. He's said that the only reason he would leave is if the board asked him too for the good of the club (Totti has also stated that this reason would be the only way he would leave the club as well). Aquilani also said the same and if Liverpool had not called our bluff, he'd still be a Roma player today.

Baldini said yesterday that we will not be selling De Rossi as there really is no reason too considering he's perfectly happy here, the highest paid player (probably doesn't matter to him), and the club do not need to since we're financially stable.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:08 am

Rewind 6 months. RVP would be top on this list Laughing
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:28 am

For Chelsea i say Terry is our most loyal player.

Gerrard, Totti, Zanetti, Xavi, Casillas, and Pato are players i perceive as very loyal.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:45 am

Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, etc.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:52 am

Xavi, Puyol, Messi, Iniesta, JDS, Busquests, Pedro and Valdes in that order.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:33 am

Giggs, Scholes, Neville obviously...I think Rooney will be a United player the rest of his Career....Cleverley and Welbeck have potential to be the same, coming through the youth ranks.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:36 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:Giggs, Scholes, Neville obviously...I think Rooney will be a United player the rest of his Career....Cleverley and Welbeck have potential to be the same, coming through the youth ranks.

Yeah, definitely scholes. Out of retirement cuz ferguson asked :bow:
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:06 am

De Rossi shat on everyone else, consdidering he is playing for an average team and there have been numerous attempt from Bayern, Madrid, City and many top teams and still we all know he'll probably end his career there just like the grand-master of loyalist Totti.

Don't think we are allowed to mention older generation, otherwise Totti, Scholes, Zanetti, puyol, Casillas etc.

For Bayern it's definitely

Lahm: (who laughed off at Barcelona interest in him)

Schweini: (who publicly announce his ambitious to extend his contract after Madrid were making countless bid, rejected United, Reject Chelsea even though Abrohamovic himself personally requested to see him)

Ribery(laughs off Madrid attempt, also rejected Barcelona)

Alaba( who said Barcelona are wasting money for making calls to enquire about him)

Robben( Announce he'll retire with Bayern)

Muller and Kroos (rejected Chelsea Move,)

Badstuber: (he has no choice, he won't be a starter for any top club)

Demichelis/Lucio : (cried when Bayern sold them and are still crying to comeback)

Luca Toni: (Talks about Bayern everyday)

pretty much every Bayern player, except maybe Pizarro because of his past record of refusing to extend and moving to Chelsea, Ballack is another disloyal player, thats why I never praise him here.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:45 am

Terry is not more loyal than Lampard.

Even though the latter was flirting with Inter when Mourinho was there.

Loyalty imo barely exist today...

Gone are the days of Tony Adams' quote: “I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it" .

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:13 am

Mike Terranova started with RWO in the 4th division, then managed to score enough to get us promoted twice - now that we unfortunately got relegated twice again (yeah, we are quite an elevator team :facepalm: ), Terra still stayed with us even in the 4th division again :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:19 am

Podolski is very loyal to Koln. He left, but he had to in order to better himself.

Schweinsteiger and Lahm to Bayern. Probably Kroos, Muller, Badstuber, and Alaba too. Ribery is also pretty loyal to Bayern.

Muller is loyal. Badstuber is loyal & die-hard fan too. Alaba too.

Lahm is a Munich Boy, Piggy is a Youth Product . Besides they get 10-12M. Lahm earned 12M for a Full-Back. I mean they are loyal to money too.

Badstuber IMO him & Muller & Alaba I would trust even more than Lahm-Piggy. Piggy is probably a Future Bayern Board Member.

Ribery was one of the most unloyal players ever & basically blackmailed Bayern in public to go to Madrid & then he did a hooker behind his pregnant wife & nobody wanted him. Bayern offered him their Record Salary & he stayed on.

Ribery from Lille to Marseille has a history of being a complete d***, unloyal to the club & is booed at places. So I dont think he is loyal.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:23 am

The Messiah wrote:De Rossi shat on everyone else, consdidering he is playing for an average team and there have been numerous attempt from Bayern, Madrid, City and many top teams and still we all know he'll probably end his career there just like the grand-master of loyalist Totti.

Don't think we are allowed to mention older generation, otherwise Totti, Scholes, Zanetti, puyol, Casillas etc.

For Bayern it's definitely

Lahm: (who laughed off at Barcelona interest in him) [ Barca made 0 bid about him, his agent drummed Barca talk. He gets 12M for a Full-Back. He is a Munich boy & loyal]

Schweini: (who publicly announce his ambitious to extend his contract after Madrid were making countless bid, rejected United, Reject Chelsea even though Abrohamovic himself personally requested to see him) [He said multiple times he is not married to Bayern, stayed when he got a 10M salary otherwise he might have been in Madrid now. Nevertheless he is loyal & a Future Bayern Board member & maybe President)

Ribery(laughs off Madrid attempt, also rejected Barcelona) [ Check my last post]

Alaba( who said Barcelona are wasting money for making calls to enquire about him) [ Loyal, early days]

Robben( Announce he'll retire with Bayern) [ Did not announce, where would he go else??]

Muller and Kroos (rejected Chelsea Move,) [ Kroos did not. Neither did Muller. I am 50-50 on Kroos. Bayern rejected possible Hypothetical Bids from Chelsea]

Badstuber: (he has no choice, he won't be a starter for any top club) [ He is a Die-Hard Bayern fan]

Demichelis/Lucio : (cried when Bayern sold them and are still crying to comeback) [ Lucio is not that loyal nevertheless he liked Bayern. No top team will have Micho but he indeed is & was Very loyal]

Luca Toni: (Talks about Bayern everyday) [ Got a 10M salary. Anyways he does like Bayern]

pretty much every Bayern player, except maybe Pizarro because of his past record of refusing to extend and moving to Chelsea, Ballack is another disloyal player, thats why I never praise him here.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Bayern treats its players well enough that nearly all players reach the end of their contact and usually want to stay longer. Has anyone seen Rafinha complain about being kept on the bench because of Lahm's switch to his preferred side? And you saw everyones reaction to his goal.
Is this loyalty?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Marchisio , Buffon, Chiellini ...

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:24 pm

its not hard being loyal like most of these players when youre already at a top club. and higuain? srs lol. still young and deciding to stay at madrid doesnt need much convincing at the moment. same goes for some of the other younger players mentioned. who knows their future.

scholes, maldini, cassilas, giggs, schweinsteiger, nesta, neville, terry are all at top clubs. it hasnt been that difficult ofa decision throughout their career to decide to stay at their club.

same with xavi, ineista, puyol and messi. why would anyone of them want to move when they're at the greatest of them all.

gerrard, zanetti, del piero stand out more because they've stuck through their team through tough times or while being offered tempting deals from others. but still all at big clubs where they've enjoyed plenty of success.

le tissier, totti, de rossi (so far) & shearer stand out the most for me.

ps don't get mad roma fans for not calling you a top club. you are, but there's been much better offers out there for totti & de rossi throughout the years.

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2