VivaStPauli
Emaharg
Arquitecto
the xcx
Raptorgunner
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Terry will be asked to pull on anti-racism armband in Chelsea return Empty Terry will be asked to pull on anti-racism armband in Chelsea return

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:01 pm

John Terry will be asked by UEFA to wear an anti-racism armband if he captains Chelsea against Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday night.

All club captains will be asked to wear a 'United Against Racism' armband as part of a week of action by European anti-discrimination body FARE.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2221319/John-Terry-wear-UEFA-anti-racism-armband-Chelsea-v-Shakhtar-Donetsk.html
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Terry will be asked to pull on anti-racism armband in Chelsea return Empty Re: Terry will be asked to pull on anti-racism armband in Chelsea return

Post by the xcx Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Irony on this one Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Terry will be asked to pull on anti-racism armband in Chelsea return Empty Re: Terry will be asked to pull on anti-racism armband in Chelsea return

Post by Arquitecto Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:06 pm

A racist being asked to represent an anti-racist gesture? Whats next? The Taliban representing anti-terrorism? hmm
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:16 pm

Arquitecto wrote:A racist being asked to represent an anti-racist gesture? Whats next? The Taliban representing anti-terrorism? hmm

I wish I worked for a newspaper would put this in it tomorrow xD
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:41 pm

Well, if Balotelli can be a spokesperson for fireworks safety, Terry can wear an anti-racism armband.

I mean, he is also, ironically a defender, even though he's about as good at defending as he is at racial sensitivity these days... :p
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:48 pm

yawn

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:02 pm

No win situation for him. Wears it, gets slated. Doesn't wear it, still gets slated.

Grow up.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:17 pm

He wasn't racist imo.

I'm sure he'll wear it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Easy solution: Take the armband away from Terry
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:12 pm

@arseblog

This is like asking RvP to wear an 'Im not a *bleep*' tshirt...

:bow:
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:36 am

Arquitecto wrote:A racist being asked to represent an anti-racist gesture? Whats next? The Taliban representing anti-terrorism? hmm

Provide evidence Terry was a racist...

He was proven to be not guilty in a court of law, I hope you're a good lawyer.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:51 pm

rofl Terrible situation
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Kick wrote:

Its called having a damn good lawyer.

When Ferdinand out of nowhere remarks that Terry called him a "black c**t" along with the obvious video, its not that difficult to deduce anything concrete.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Kick wrote:

When Ferdinand out of nowhere remarks that Terry called him a "black c**t" along with the obvious video, its not that difficult to deduce anything concrete.

Ferdinand didn't even accuse JT of anything until he saw the video ffs.

And btw, saying something racist in the heat of the moment =/= Being a racist
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Kick wrote:

Anton Ferdinand did in fact accuse him of being racially abused during the game. Its not like someone tapped his shoulder after the game and said, "Hey, Terry called you a 'f**cking black c**t".

Well if saying racist things doesn't equal to being racist, then sexist slurs towards women doesn't equal to be sexist...right?

Ferdinand didn't even accuse JT of anything until he saw the video ffs.

And btw, saying something racist in the heat of the moment =/= Being a racist
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Terry's a footballing write off. His career is damaged irreparably. Wouldn't at all be surprised if he announced his retirement in a few months time
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:22 pm

^@Arq: Your quote is f**kd up Laughing

But anyway, immediately after that game when the video came out, Ferdinand said CLEARLY that he was unaware of what JT said.......until he saw the video.

I remember reading that on Sky Sports, so yes, it was basically a "Terry called you a f**kn black c**nt" situation. Do your research.

As for the second part, you seemed to have missed the part where I said IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Lex wrote:Terry's a footballing write off. His career is damaged irreparably. Wouldn't at all be surprised if he announced his retirement in a few months time
How is it damaged irreparably? He's still one of the best defenders in the league. Reputation damaged? Of course. Career? Certainly not.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Barrettinator wrote:^@Arq: Your quote is f**kd up Laughing

But anyway, immediately after that game when the video came out, Ferdinand said CLEARLY that he was unaware of what JT said.......until he saw the video.

I remember reading that on Sky Sports, so yes, it was basically a "Terry called you a f**kn black c**nt" situation. Do your research.

As for the second part, you seemed to have missed the part where I said IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT

Forgive my quoting.

And no, the conflict was sparked within the match.

Here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/24/john-terry-anton-ferdinand-chelsea-qpr Just one source.

And as much as I believe that this "heat of the moment" is a bunch of absolute shit. I personally don't believe he is a racist. That doesn't mean he should represent anti-racism in any form at all.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:59 pm

In conclusion to this thread 95% of the world is racist.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Abramovich wrote:In conclusion to this thread 95% of the world is racist.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:09 pm

A flawed conclusion created out of Chelsea fans to sooth themselves upon Terry's outburst. Fitting.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Arquitecto wrote:A flawed conclusion created out of Chelsea fans to sooth themselves upon Terry's outburst. Fitting.

!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Not really flawed, its safe to assume a large amount of the global population has said a racist term about someone.

I would expect all of you to have at one stage, hell I do it too. I personally don't need soothing about JT, his outburst really doesn't bother me in the slightest and for the record I ain't white.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Abramovich wrote:Not really flawed, its safe to assume a large amount of the global population has said a racist term about someone.

I would expect all of you to have at one stage, hell I do it too. I personally don't need soothing about JT, his outburst really doesn't bother me in the slightest and for the record I ain't white.

My previous post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. As for the global population thing while you may have a point, its far too unquantifiable to judge on many factors.

Thats my cue for this thread.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next