Valkyrja
McAgger
Kingofeverythingclassy
zizzle
danyjr
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Official "I Feel Sorry for AC Milan" thread Empty The Official "I Feel Sorry for AC Milan" thread

Post by danyjr Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Who are these muppets? The only thing about this team that reminds me of AC Milan are the red and black stripes, these players are worse than Fulham's squad.

They are going to end up like Lolverpool. Once legendary club turned into a laughing stock.

I never liked AC Milan, but this is just sad for footballing world.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

The Official "I Feel Sorry for AC Milan" thread Empty Re: The Official "I Feel Sorry for AC Milan" thread

Post by zizzle Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:16 pm

i feel sorry for Serie A..
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The Official "I Feel Sorry for AC Milan" thread Empty Re: The Official "I Feel Sorry for AC Milan" thread

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Hate to say it but the once weak BL is better than EPL & on par with La Liga

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:44 pm

They'll be back.....Milan are too big to disappear from the top for too long.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:45 pm

danyjr wrote:
They are going to end up like Lolverpool. Once legendary club turned into a laughing stock.

Milan will be in a good position to end up like us. We're actually on the up now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:52 pm

It's a shame that clubs like PSG, Malaga and City have better squads than Liverpool and Milan IMO. People should start investing in clubs that mean sth.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:52 pm

i only feel sorry for their goalkeeper
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:55 pm

it really is a shame. i dont know the specifics of how milan are run but they need serious rebuilding, and it doesnt start by selling t.silva, ibra sure but ts no. what were they thinking? they couldnt possibily be in so much debt they couldnt afford his salary, i dont buy into that.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:06 pm

They have too large a squad. Like 30-35 players.

Throw 10 out, get a better medical team. Sell Scurbs like Muntari. Sell Boateng, Robinho for whatever cash you get & maybe you could have hung onto Ibra & Silva.

LOL @ Galliani buying Bojan via loan & saying we bought World Class Players, now it should be guaranteed that we win Seria A & do very well in Europe

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 am

Don't understand the Boateng hatred. The guy is not bad at all.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:08 am

danyjr wrote:Don't understand the Boateng hatred. The guy is not bad at all.
Laughing he is awful,easily our worst player
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:14 am

Boateng has been a scrub this season, but I wont blame him alone, cause the whole team is lacking in quality.

You cant expect yo do miracles with players who come for free all the time, its just not possible. Sell the best players and get players for free sounds like good business, but when we play in Serie B and the fanbase has dropped, we wont sell enough merchandise either.

This project needs a total rewamp, starting with a new coach who is eager to start experimenting with young players, unlike horrid "players" like Muntari and Bonera, who should be prisoned for working for Inter at the same time as spies.

Shame we cant utilize Montolivo more, as he is a good player stuck in a hopeless midfield.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:21 am

In the 90s Serie A was the most available soccer on TV in the U.S. I wasn't a Milan fan but just for fun I wikied to see what their 1990s team was like. Compare the current team to this team:

Defense:

Franco Baresi

Alessandro Costacurta

Paolo Maldini

Mauro Tassotti

Midfield:

Demetrio Albertini

Carlo Ancelotti

Roberto Donadoni

Ruud Gullit

Frank Rijkaard

Attack: (they only needed one guy)

Marco van Basten

And they had quality backups.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:27 am

Kizu wrote:It's a shame that clubs like PSG, Malaga and City have better squads than Liverpool and Milan IMO. People should start investing in clubs that mean sth.

Please show me one player in Malagas squad that any sort of significant money was spent on.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:46 am

Le Samourai wrote:Please show me one player in Malagas squad that any sort of significant money was spent on.
True that they haven't spent loads on transfer fees but you need to take salaries into account as well and I know they offer best the wages in Spain after Barça and Madrid.

There is nothing shameful about Málaga, City and PSG having better squads than Milan though. It is shameful that some teams can spend so much money however, doesn't matter which team whether it is. Whateverfeck happened to UEFA Financial Fair Play...
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:52 am

When I said Bayern Munich 2nd team is far more better than Milan, everyone laughed it off, now look.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:08 am

Not a lot of money going in, with loads coming out. What else is there to expect?

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:20 am

Consequences of their poor recruitment policy, for years they have spent their money on old ,washed up players instead of rejuvenating the squad. It will take a good few years for them to get back at the top
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:36 am

danyjr wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Please show me one player in Malagas squad that any sort of significant money was spent on.
True that they haven't spent loads on transfer fees but you need to take salaries into account as well and I know they offer best the wages in Spain after Barça and Madrid.

There is nothing shameful about Málaga, City and PSG having better squads than Milan though. It is shameful that some teams can spend so much money however, doesn't matter which team whether it is. Whateverfeck happened to UEFA Financial Fair Play...

Here is a study done by SportingIntelligence and published by ESPN.

Note : It was published on May 1st before the sale of Cazorla,Rondon and Mathijsen and the retirement of Van Nistelrooj all of whom were among the top 5 highest paid members of the team.

Since this publication the club has undergone an extensive wage cutting procedure , through both the sale of aforementioned stars as well as through working out deals with City whereby they pay the majority of Santa Cruz' salary and a negotiation of lower salary for Saviola.

But on to the results.

Team – League – Ave player pay, £ per year (week) - Ave player pay $ per year (week)

Malaga La Liga £421,273 (£8,101) $695,184 ($13,369)

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/05/01/revealed-the-worlds-best-paid-teams-man-city-close-in-on-barca-and-real-madrid-010501/

No other La Liga team other than Levante (excluding perhaps newly promoted Celta Vigo and Valladolid) paid less in wages at this point in time when wages were perhaps at their peak.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The truth is I could care less. I don't care how much City and PSG pay their players or how much they spend , if I did I'd be a hypocrite. But I think Malaga is unfairly grouped with these clubs and that leads to a tendency to equate whatever success they're having with money.

When in fact money is probably their weakest point.

Success is down to Pellegrini economically building a functional team with a pragmatic attainable playing style without sacrificing core philosophy, molding individual players into what they are today, re-vitalizing what looked like finished careers etc etc .

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:12 am

Sure Milan are in a slump, but it's not like it will be like that forever. They're still one of the richest Serie A clubs and should be able to turn it around in a year or two.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:08 am

This thread is what Milan fans have been saying for ages. We're over this phase and talking about re-building now. Inter went through this last year, now it's our turn. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Milan will be back at the top sooner rather than later. For all its failings, our management has finally decided to seriously invest in youth.

When you look at our squad (which sadly still commands the highest combined wages in the whole of Serie A), there's some great potential there...

Obviously, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio and Pato (when fully fit) are starters. Bojan is either starting every game or coming on as a sub. The time is right for Didac to claim his place as LWB with the advent of this 3-4-3 formation. However, he is still recovering from injury, as is Strasser (DM). Niang (ST) is extremely talented for his age but, like mids Carmona , Valoti and 3rd choice GK Gabriel, he hasn't seen first team game time.

Squad breakdown:

First team youth (could breakthrough later this season or next season): Niang (94), Didac (89), Strasser (90), Carmona (92), Valoti (93), Gabriel (92)

First XI starlets (having their breakthrough season): El Shaarawy (92), De Sciglio (92)

Young, established players: Pato (89), Bojan (90)

Good players (currently in their prime): De Jong, Montolivo.

OK players: Abate, Amelia (2nd choice GK who played today), Mexes, Acerbi, Zapata, Boateng, Emanuelson, Nocerino, Pazzini, Robinho

Old workhorses: Abbiati, Ambrosini, Yepes

Shite: Antonini, Bonera, Mesbah, Traore, Flamini, Muntari, Constant
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:52 am

I'm not worried at all for Milan and I honestly do not feel sorry for them. A side with Milan's pedigree and track record rarely experiences dips like this whereas, being that I'm a supporter of a club that has consistently experienced these dips, looking from the outside in, this doesn't look as bad as it seems.

Milan need to get out from under Berlusconi. He has shown no impetus to get this club back to where it was and should be. And with him out the door, Max Allegri as well. He had a great run with Milan and did awesome things with them, but the reason for all of the malaise is because the time for him to leave the club has come and gone. Him lingering looks to be causing some problems that the veterans that are already gone probably took notice of.

As for the players, I generally don't see much wrong with this group other than your Muntaris and your Flaminis and your Boneras.....the rest can do good things with the right tactics and mentality. Boateng should never have been given the number 10 shirt though. It's inflated his ego and has effected his performances. As we've seen from previous seasons, this guy has talent and I still rate him as such, but he's trying to be a player he simply doesn't have the skillset to be and it has shown badly this season. If someone can put him in his place and get his head on straight, Milan can build their midfield around him, and that would create a good foundation to jump off from.

So it's not all gloom and doom for Milan. They're just in a slump. Every club has them, some more than most. It will pass eventually, but what Milan fans need to remember is that it will get much worse before it gets better.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:15 pm

This slump we are in currently, like McLewis says , was to be expected when all these players left. It was done in just one summer , when in reality , it had to be done in parts , summer after summer in the last 2-3 years.

Before the summer , a poster in our section , can't remember his name right now , semi-predicted Milan would do that. I argued that if we did that , it would mean relegation status , teams only activate such an overhaul when they are relegated . It's a bit ironic , because we sit 15th right now..

The worst part was the sales of Thiago , Ibra and Cassano . These where the players who would become the leaders of the new Milan . And the board decided to look strictly at econimical numbers , eliminating any sort of stability Milan had earned 2 years under Allegri. A few words about our transfer activity , when you let go of all these players , keep Mesbah and Robinho , then go buy Traore and Constant.. It's so fking awful that it's on it's own category of transfer fail . Tragic stuff.

However , after all that , economic stability , financial safety and planning for the future were available , but for a costly price. The risks for this season doubled. There's barely any hope left for silverware for this season, fans are highly dissapointed,to the point San Siro is a shadow of it's former self and our football is , unbelievably akward at times.

There's no magic left for any miracle or any cure for this disease we have right now. We just have to survive the moment and work for the younger players to become a team on their own. Scrubs like Mesbah and Traore never had a future at Milan , just to make it easy to seperate the achievers from the opposite.

I strongly believe this Milan has a bright future , if we play our cards right. Trust and work with younger players like we did 10-12 years ago and plans for either buying San Siro or building a new stadium is what our long term plan should be.

Short term , it's so many the things that should be said and explained , that only a new post would do.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Some solutions ?

My opinion:

sell - Antonini, Bonera, Mesbah, Traore, Flamini, Muntari, Constant

Buy : 2 CBs(Dede, Astori, Ogbonna) 2 of these guys IMO.
2 MF : Eriksen/Adryan/Maher, a DLP or use Valoti/Montolivo

In 3 years time it could look like this

Gabriel
Abate - Dede - Ogbonna - De Sciglio
Montolivo
Nocerino --- Boateng
Eriksen
SES - Pato
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:30 pm

in 3 years pato will be stuck to a hospital bed
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next