Tomwin Lannister
Clockwork Orange
dronte
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Napoli face betting probe Empty Napoli face betting probe

Post by dronte Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Napoli could be docked points and a number of their players banned as part of the Italian Football Federation’s next stage of their betting probe.

The club have come under the spotlight after former goalkeeper Matteo Gianello was accused of attempting to fix the outcome of a game at Sampdoria in 2010.

Although Paolo Cannavaro and Gianluca Grava rejected Gianello’s requests to help fix the match, the pair could be punished for failing to report the incident.

Juventus boss Antonio Conte is currently serving a suspension for failing to report knowledge of a bid to fix a Siena game while he was Coach in Tuscany.

Napoli, as the club involved, have been deferred along with Grava and Cannavaro. The Azzurri could be fined or even docked points.

Source:
http://football-italia.net/26553/napoli-face-betting-probe

----

This is getting embarrassing.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Napoli face betting probe Empty Re: Napoli face betting probe

Post by Clockwork Orange Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Italian football hasn't changed from the get go. I am glad this is happeneing. That league stands for all that is negative about football. Italian football is quite possibloy the most corrupt sportining league/entity in the world. Disgrace, summed up by their ex prime minister. What next? Juventus bribing refe....wait, already happened in the 60s and in the 90s/2000s #disgrace
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Can't defend serie A at the moment, Agnelli is right it ALL needs to change.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:45 pm

The greatest league in the world will welcome you all with open arms :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Getting embarrassing? that happened when one of the biggest Italian clubs and perhaps one of the biggest in the world got relegated for match fixing.

This is well beyond embarrassing, well beyond.

Also Jihends yours sig sucks bro.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Getting embarrassing? that happened when one of the biggest Italian clubs and perhaps one of the biggest in the world got relegated for match fixing.

This is well beyond embarrassing, well beyond.

Also Jihends yours sig sucks bro.

Yeah i'm still shocked that Lecce got Demoted to serie C1
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:Italian football hasn't changed from the get go. I am glad this is happeneing. That league stands for all that is negative about football. Italian football is quite possibloy the most corrupt sportining league/entity in the world. Disgrace, summed up by their ex prime minister. What next? Juventus bribing refe....wait, already happened in the 60s and in the 90s/2000s #disgrace

lol ...

Because Netherland's league is so clean .... lol
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:48 pm

They should stick that probe deep into the RFEF.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:Italian football hasn't changed from the get go. I am glad this is happeneing. That league stands for all that is negative about football. Italian football is quite possibloy the most corrupt sportining league/entity in the world. Disgrace, summed up by their ex prime minister. What next? Juventus bribing refe....wait, already happened in the 60s and in the 90s/2000s #disgrace

Well you have take into account that Serie A receives extensive media coverage which is why people come to this sort of conclusions.No doubt Italian Football is extremely corrupt but there are other leagues that are equally corrupt if not even more like the Turkish League for example.Its one hell of a corrupt league.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:14 pm

It seems as though Serie A is dealing with shit like this every 3 months lol.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Corruption and fixing in Serie A? Tell me something I don't know.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:04 pm

At least we know there's a conspiracy in Serie A, while we only suspect in the other leagues Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:33 pm

DeviAngel wrote:

lol ...

Compared to the Italian league, yes, yes it is actually.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

lol ...

Sorry but I don't trust that ....
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:52 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Clockwork Orange wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

lol ...

Sorry but I don't trust that ....

That's your great arguement? I know you must feel the need to defend the honour of your league, but it is there for all to see. Italian football is in a dire state and Juventus have always been involved. They even tried bribery in Europe. The drug scandal has always been following Juventus as well.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Maybe there's betting scandals in every league,but Italian is the only one willing to bring them to justice.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:02 pm

that's what they say to feel better
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:20 pm

More likely it is the most policed. That is usually the case. It is like those that claim the U.S. is the most criminal nation in the first world because of all the criminal convictions (many times higher than other first world nations) and unusually high prison population. It is just that in the U.S. we have very good investigative forces (FBI) and very good prosecutors.

The same with former prime ministers. Most countries just don't prosecute them to the full extent of the law because it is embarassing, Blair, for example.

http://stopwar.org.uk/index.php/tony-blair-watch/818-whiff-of-corruption-never-far-from-tony-blair-and-his-millions

Or Chirac who was given a suspended 2 year sentence for corruption similar to Berluscon.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:29 pm

Vibe wrote:Maybe there's betting scandals in every league,but Italian is the only one willing to bring them to justice.
Well, in the Bundesliga we had a big betting scandal in 2005, but it was thoroughly investigated and the culprits sentenced to prison terms: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesliga_scandal_%282005%29
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:38 pm

In England, the FA is left alone and investigates quietly and rarely do the results of the investigations get published as news. In other countries state prosecutors go after the corruption.

There are also very strong libel laws in England which can put an accuser in hot water.

For example, there is an FA investigation into match fixing at this moment in "Britain", but hardly anyone knows about it, FA won't say if it is England or name who is implicated. That's the way to do it.

"According to The Independent, a player with a serious gambling problem agreed a deal with a bookmaker to write off his betting debts.
The report claimed the match was played in the last two years 'in Britain' but did not name the player nor state which league or home nation was involved.
An FA spokesman said: 'We will be making inquiries into this report.'
FA investigators' first step will be to establish whether the match concerned took place in England, otherwise it would be beyond their jurisdiction.
According to the report, the player agreed to get himself sent off and persuade three team-mates to get booked in a specific game.
The case disclosed in a seminar on gambling at the Sporting Chance clinic in Hampshire this week.
The clinic's chief executive Peter Kay said he was aware of the case.
Kay said: 'Neither I nor Sporting Chance is responsible for what a client or ex-client might say, but if you're asking whether I'm aware of this case, the answer is yes.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/134415-fa-to-probe-match-fixing-claim#ixzz2AR35wiqD

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Again you continue taking hits on Italian football without knowing jackshit about the proceedings behind. Obviously you don't know that the Serie A has a whole organization solely for tackling corruption as there is a difference between allegations and convictions along with that the Italian judicial system is corrupt and not Serie A football. Also a difference between third party sellers and a few bad apples as this doesn't make the whole league corrupt. Sadly the Eridivisie doesn't have a strong system behind its allegations. Show me proof of the 60s and 90/2000 bribes. Lets hear it.

Art Morte wrote:Corruption and fixing in Serie A? Tell me something I don't know.

More one liners behind another snide comment to condemn Serie A. Read above to my response to Clockwork as well as realizing how incredibly corrupt and blindsided the FA are too the serious third party corruption going in English FA. You don't watch Serie A or hear its media so I doubt you will know.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Let's bash Serie A and pretend that corrpution doesnt exist in other leagues. At least in Italy they are actually doing something about it, not sweeping the problem under the rug like the FA does.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:57 pm

zizzle wrote:Let's bash Serie A and pretend that corrpution doesnt exist in other leagues. At least in Italy they are actually doing something about it, not sweeping the problem under the rug like the FA does.

Most people here will choose to ignore that here Zizz. Guardia di Finanza spend twice as much money and investigation on corruption scandals then any of the other countries or leagues. FIGC since 94 has seen serious focus on sniffing out corruption. Other leagues and the "clean" and pathetic FA sweep it all under the rug like you aptly stated for many reasons not including their incompetence.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Honestly though, if I were the club president I'd be pretty pissed at this. It's not like Napoli knew about it and withheld the information, that might be grounds for this kind of punishment. But they didn't know about it at a managerial level. Only 3 players were involved. The FIGC should ban the player that tried to fix it for 5 years and the two that didn't report it for 3. Case closed. Only with serious bans can they end this.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:39 pm

4 world cups, many euro finals+ other Wc Finals from 1930 to 2012 ... Tells it all about italian football quality.. At least Italy has the courage to relegate it's most loved team, while Barcelona and Real Madrid who were quoted by Fuentes in dopping scandal, don't even get investigated...

Football it's a fcked up business all over the world, but some are stupid enough to believe that only in Italy there's corruption, because they fight against it and it is revealed...Stop being naive
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next