Swanhends
I Have Mono
Rebaño Sagrado
spanky
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
13 posters

Go down

Myth: Simulation doesn't happen in other sports Empty Myth: Simulation doesn't happen in other sports

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:22 pm

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Myth: Simulation doesn't happen in other sports Empty Re: Myth: Simulation doesn't happen in other sports

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Handegg is for p*ssies :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Myth: Simulation doesn't happen in other sports Empty Re: Myth: Simulation doesn't happen in other sports

Post by spanky Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:28 am

i recall vlade divac being the king of simulation in the NBA
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:48 pm

The league fined Sanders $15,000, and the Steelers were hit for $35,000 in response to Sanders faking a leg cramp during a game against the Cincinnati Bengals last month. Sanders, who sat out only one play, claimed the cramp came on quickly and subsided as soon as trainers massaged it away.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/11/09/pittsburgh-steelers-emmanuel-sanders-fined-for-faking-cramp-against-cincinnati-bengals/1695219/
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Looks legit

Just because he got fined doesn't mean it was simulation

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 pm

I Have Mono wrote:Looks legit

Just because he got fined doesn't mean it was simulation

The point is that he got fined for one isolated incident....If they did that in European soccer each club would be looking at 500K in fines every game rofl
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:19 am

Jeez if they only did that in European football!! The likes of busquets, Alves, Sanchez, Di Maria, cr7 would go broke from the amount of fines.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:42 am

Unpopular opinion but I think footballers are more exposed to "career threatening" injuries than pretty much any other sport. I don't blame footballers at all for trying to avoid hard contact, it's not fun.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 am

Sure it happens, but I don't think there's any other sport where the problem is so big.

Zealous wrote:Unpopular opinion but I think footballers are more exposed to "career threatening" injuries than pretty much any other sport. I don't blame footballers at all for trying to avoid hard contact, it's not fun.

Yeah, I agree. The nature of sliding tackles makes it dangerous, if a hard one connects with other player's standing leg you really risk great damage there. And in general it should be obvious just from the nearly non-existent amount of protective equipment in football that it's not a hard-contact sport. Not sure how relevant this all is to the topic, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:18 am

Zealous wrote:Unpopular opinion but I think footballers are more exposed to "career threatening" injuries than pretty much any other sport. I don't blame footballers at all for trying to avoid hard contact, it's not fun.

Trying to avoid hard contact is one thing, but thats not at all the same as a receiving light contact and acting like your leg is ruined forever, though...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:37 am

Well yeah there's no excusing that lol. But those guys eventually have to live with their reputations. When Biscuits career is over the only highlight people will remember over his career is his performance against Thiago Motta.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:42 am

Zealous wrote:Well yeah there's no excusing that lol. But those guys eventually have to live with their reputations. When Biscuits career is over the only highlight people will remember over his career is his performance against Thiago Motta.

I'm sure that's not the only reason he will be remembered. This avoiding injury thing is BS. I see people are becoming soft these days an are actually arguing for diving being a good thing. No wonder it will never stop as we have already excepted it. Let's just put tennis skirts on the players instead of shorts!!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:14 am

If you're talking about American Football than you would be correct. I watched a documentary the other day about professional athletes in North America who retired, most of which from the NFL and ended up claiming bankruptcy or failing to manage their funds. Anyways, the average NFL career is only 3.5 seasons, not even 4 years and a lot of that is because of serious injuries

I don't think any one sport is more likely to lead to injury than another

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:23 am

I dont know if its true but I read somewhere that of all sport, football had the highest rate of injuries.

--

Speaking of simulation, there was a case in rugby where a player came of the field when had used fake blood capsules to facilitate a tactical substitution. It was called Bloodgate IIRC.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:41 am

Luca wrote:If you're talking about American Football than you would be correct. I watched a documentary the other day about professional athletes in North America who retired, most of which from the NFL and ended up claiming bankruptcy or failing to manage their funds. Anyways, the average NFL career is only 3.5 seasons, not even 4 years and a lot of that is because of serious injuries

I thought Z was talking about football, not american football. hmm

Anyways what you said is also true of football. There's a German study out there that claims that half of footballers end up declaring bankruptcy.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:55 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Luca wrote:If you're talking about American Football than you would be correct. I watched a documentary the other day about professional athletes in North America who retired, most of which from the NFL and ended up claiming bankruptcy or failing to manage their funds. Anyways, the average NFL career is only 3.5 seasons, not even 4 years and a lot of that is because of serious injuries

I thought Z was talking about football, not american football. hmm

Anyways what you said is also true of football. There's a German study out there that claims that half of footballers end up declaring bankruptcy.

Pretty crazy and also believable
I'm pretty sure that the average football career is longer than 3.5 seasons. If we look at just the 'bigger leagues'

Also in American football you're playing maximum 20 games a year.
So the average career is maybe 70 games? And the games are shorter than a full football game, substitutions are used more, there are much more stoppages. The fields are all much better in comparison with some football fields and the protection the players wear is also much greater. Yet there are so many injuries. I think American football is more dangerous personally but like I said any sport has the risk of injury. Any activity really

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:34 pm

I would argue hockey and American Football are both higher risk sports. Although granted the only "career threatening" injury in the NHL is death, people come back from everything else in 10 minutes or so.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:37 pm

One word: "bloodgate"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down