Messi
Mr. Moratti
Blue Barrett
The Franchise
Albiceleste
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mikel accuses Alexis of simulation. Empty Mikel accuses Alexis of simulation.

Post by Albiceleste Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:01 pm

But when asked if he felt his team-mates have been hard done-by, Nigeria international Mikel said: "Yes, the yellow cards should be cancelled going into a final and UEFA should look into that.

"When you get to the final everyone wants to see the best players and it's a shame that JT, Ivanovic, Meireles and Ramires won't play.

"The JT one was soft from what I saw and it was a yellow card. I think Sanchez made the most of it. Alexis did the same to me as well. He got me yellow carded.

"There was a little touch and he rolled on the ground 10 times. He definitely made the most of it. The four players were devastated in the dressing room.

"They're happy for the team but are very disappointed to not be in the final. We will go out to win the trophy for them."

Well maybe you shouldn't be jamming your knee into someones lower back? IMO it was a deserved red.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Mikel accuses Alexis of simulation. Empty Re: Mikel accuses Alexis of simulation.

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Okay Mikel.

His yellow was blatant, I dont know what he has to complain about. The video speaks for itself with Terry, I dont see the arguement.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Mikel accuses Alexis of simulation. Empty Re: Mikel accuses Alexis of simulation.

Post by Albiceleste Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:12 pm

I can sympathize a little with Mikel since that was his only foul, but he would have been booked regardless I believe if Alexis rolled or did not.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Deserved red card.

But you cannot deny that Sanchez sold it.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Yeah, Alexis sold it..but whats the point moaning about it Mikel? I mean, how often did Drogba sell it? Whats the point crying when both teams have players who done it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Moratti Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Its a clear red card falling under "Violent conduct" but Sanchez made a meal out of it as well... regardless, kneeing someone in the lower back is unnecessary...
Mr. Moratti
Mr. Moratti
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Did Terry every explain what he was trying to do to Alexis?
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Yeah its a red card, no argument. He shouldn't have done that type of a thing.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Alexis made a meal of it.

But I don't think anyone should be surprised it was a red though. T-Bird just can't get away with that in the modern game.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:53 pm

doesn't take long for barca players to adapt to the bxtchmade tactics. im sure they learn diving/simulation before tiki taka
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:57 pm

Difference is Drogba doesn't get players red carded Dani.

Defenders do shite like that all the time to intimidate players their marking. Violent conduct lol GTFO.

Alexis' delayed reaction :bow:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:20 am

Gil wrote:Difference is Drogba doesn't get players red carded Dani.

Defenders do shite like that all the time to intimidate players their marking. Violent conduct lol GTFO.

Because he is 10 yards in his own half and nobody touched him.

Whereas Terry standing on 10m from his own box knees guys for no apperent reason with the ball on the half way line.

Defenders dont do that anymore Gil, maybe in the 90's..but not anymore.

Terry only has himself to blame and Mikel trying to justify it is simply foolish.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:23 am

The Franchise wrote:
Gil wrote:Difference is Drogba doesn't get players red carded Dani.

Because he is 10 yards in his own half and nobody touched him.

Whereas Terry standing on 10m from his own box knees guys for no apperent reason with the ball on the half way line.

Defenders dont do that anymore Gil, maybe in the 90's..but not anymore.

Terry only has himself to blame and Mikel trying to justify it is simply foolish.
Your wrong, its very popular actually.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:25 am

In the PL it's totally natural :vagi:.

But really, it's no where as common as before. Refs are pussies nowadays.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:55 am

Just a question, who here believes thst Terry woulda still got Red Carded if Sanchez didn't fall to the floor like a wuss and actually stayed up? I was just thinking about that...
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:57 am

Noone, he wouldnt have got a card. But thats the problem...he should have.

This is why people do these things in the first place, there is no advantage in staying up because you wont get the decision.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:01 am

i hate sanchez for milking his fouls,but this is an exception,if he didnt roll on the pitch like a pussy terry would have gotten away with it.every player should do that when this dirty part of the game shows up.id turn into di maria if someone punched me or terryed me
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:04 am

Ganso wrote:i hate sanchez for milking his fouls,but this is an exception,if he didnt roll on the pitch like a pussy terry would have gotten away with it.every player should do that when this dirty part of the game shows up.id turn into di maria if someone punched me or terryed me
haha exactly this ^
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:14 am

The Franchise wrote:Noone, he wouldnt have got a card. But thats the problem...he should have.

This is why people do these things in the first place, there is no advantage in staying up because you wont get the decision.
The foul itself is worth a yellow. Football has become way to soft. Something like what Terry did wouldn't get you injured or nothing. WHy a red? A straight red is dangerous play. THat's not dangerous....

And i mentioned a long time ago. THat players have different perceptions as tto what is and what isn't a foul, so they can't just go down based on what they think is a foul. It's not on...
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:24 am

The Verminator wrote:The foul itself is worth a yellow. Football has become way to soft. Something like what Terry did wouldn't get you injured or nothing. WHy a red? A straight red is dangerous play. THat's not dangerous....

And i mentioned a long time ago. THat players have different perceptions as tto what is and what isn't a foul, so they can't just go down based on what they think is a foul. It's not on...

An off the ball foul, even if it is just a slap, is a red. As it is aggression. It has nothing to do with the nature of the foul.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:27 am

kiranr wrote:
The Verminator wrote:The foul itself is worth a yellow. Football has become way to soft. Something like what Terry did wouldn't get you injured or nothing. WHy a red? A straight red is dangerous play. THat's not dangerous....

An off the ball foul, even if it is just a slap, is a red. As it is aggression. It has nothing to do with the nature of the foul.

Just have to say Drogba's red in the CL final was pathetic.

So no, not every off ball foul deserves a red.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:32 am

Le Samourai wrote:
Just have to say Drogba's red in the CL final was pathetic.

So no, not every off ball foul deserves a red.

I dont remember that. Can you tell me what happened?

I was only talking about when it is unprovoked. When someone is making a run and a player blocks him, then that is not a red in my opinion, but what Terry did was unprovoked and that is why it is a red, in my opinion.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:47 am

It was a fiasco, doesn't apply to what you're saying TBF.I don't agree at all I've never believed in that particular rule, it's a pet peeve of mine actually, I really don't see why defensive players are punished for standing their ground like that.There is something called running around.Now if the defensive player moves into your path after the run has started that's a different story but when a player just stands his ground and he get's carded it just plain pisses me off.

OT:

But just watching that video again makes me think that Carlos Tevez is the biggest asshole ever to walk the planet.

The dude just starts complaining and insulting people with no one within 10 meters of him and instigates a brawl in extra time of the CL final.

What a dick.

Makes me sick.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:00 am

Almost all off the ball fouls are red (talking about spitting/ hitting / violent conduct here) and deservedly so. They have no place in the game.

This is football, not hockey, or gridiron. If you guys want football to be full of players kneeing others in the backs or hitting each other in the stomach and getting away with a yellow or nothing, go ahead, I will not watch that version of football.

What a terrible version that would be. One where you could do that. This is football, not this crap.

Terry can go ahead and knee Alexis- but he better not get caught, that is the thing. Unfortunately he's an idiot and got caught so he deserved it.

He deserved it even if the refs did not see it.

I say, good job refs- and Terry you are an idiot.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:19 am

kiranr wrote:An off the ball foul, even if it is just a slap, is a red. As it is aggression. It has nothing to do with the nature of the foul.

I kind of agree with you. It reminds me of when Abidal grabbed RVP's throat and didn't even get a yellow card. Off the ball foul right there.

Then RVP gets sent off for nonsense.

I think the nature of the foul has something to do with it as well. I think it was a totally dumbass move by Terry and he deserved to be punished, but I think it should've been a yellow.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next