Sina
Raptorgunner
Wilson37
SamuelJayC
Jay29
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Manchester United 2 - 1 Arsenal: All too easy for United - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United 2 - 1 Arsenal: All too easy for United

Post by REWB Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:26 pm

People say who are we going to replace wenger with? However, I look at other teams around the world and i see, dortmund, look at what klopp has achieve on a shoestring... look at the shaktar donesk manager. Look how fantastic he has made his team. They are cl contenders and play fantastic football with lethal, clinical players just like dortmund. even the schalke managers has managed to keep players like hunterlaar and add quality players like affelly and now they are even title contenders in their league.

wenger is replaceable guys. This year i have to admit, he needs to go. There are A LOT of better players out there then giroud and podolski and santos etc I could name more but it will take too much time because we have soo much useless players atm. But there are a lot of players out there we could even get for cheap that are better than this crap we currently have. Even braga... did you see them play at old Trafford? Did you see how skilful and effective their players were? Many of our players are incredibly overrated; wengers transfer are failing badly.

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2 - 1 Arsenal: All too easy for United - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United 2 - 1 Arsenal: All too easy for United

Post by Twoism Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:28 pm

Wenger explanation the difference between current teams & Tony Adams really said it all

"I asked AW What the difference between managing when in your first years at Arsenal and today?"

"AW said Well with you lads from Monday-Friday I was pulling my hair out but come Saturday you the players took over & I could relax all game. "With the current crop they're a joy to teach and train from Monday-Friday but come Saturday I'm pulling my hair out".

Give me back my Arsenal with heart
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:29 pm

6 of Man United's 9 purchased players in their starting XI today came via British clubs. Only 2 of Arsenal's 10 buys in XI came via British clubs (Ramsey, Arteta).

hmm Anything interesting in this?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:32 pm

Also:

Arsenal pts after 10 league games

12/13: 15pts
11/12: 16pts
10/11: 20pts
09/10: 22pts
08/09: 20pts
07/08: 26pts
06/07: 18pts
05/06: 17pts
04/05: 25pts
03/04: 24pts
02/03: 23pts
01/02: 19pts
00/01: 21pts
99/00: 19pts
98/99: 17pts
97/98: 22pts
96/97: 21pts
95/96: 21pts
94/95: 14pts (Arsenal finished 12th)
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:6 of Man United's 9 purchased players in their starting XI today came via British clubs. Only 2 of Arsenal's 10 buys in XI came via British clubs (Ramsey, Arteta).

hmm Anything interesting in this?

When you have a manager like Alex Ferguson anything could happen.

When the tactical analysis of complete bellends on Twitter starts to make more sense than Arsene's, you know something is wrong.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Ramsey, Santos and Giroud are not good enough for Aston Villa.

My worry is AW is so stubborn he will keep on playing them, to prove a point. I hope to god he proves me wrong but I've seen enough already.

Some may say that TH14 and Bergkamp took time. They did, but they still looked good before they started firing. Remember being at the Everton away game in DB's first season. If memory serves me right we won 2-0 and the press were making a big deal of Bergkamp not scoring again. I was there and he was brilliant (I think he assisted Ian Wright's goal with a great through ball and was a real menace all game).

We don't have players like this. Even Cazorla and Podolski are looking poor now.

I'm really pissed off.

What is happenning to my beloved Arsenal?
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:57 pm

Wenger had made it clear that top 4 is his priority. So I will just sit and not care for another 2 years and watch Arsenal get embarrassed home and away against teams who fight relegation.

Wenger doesn't want to win the league, if we start winning the players want to get paid well and we cant afford to give them the money they deserve.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Wenger about Vermealen "Vermealen's mistake almost killed the game. Top class defenders never do mistakes"
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Wenger about Vermealen "Vermealen's mistake almost killed the game. Top class defenders never do mistakes"

oh boy, he was awful for sure but this is really scapegoating it. We played like shit and that goal was like at 3 mins, plenty of time to correct that mistake.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Wenger doesn't want to win the league, if we start winning the players want to get paid well and we cant afford to give them the money they deserve.

I lol'd. Laughing

I wouldn't go as far as that, but his recent comments do speak of a lack of ambition,drive and purpose/goal, and it doesn't bode well with us fans who want too see this club in his rightful place, which is the TOP. :coffee:
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Arsene Wenger "When we were 2-0 down and down to 10 men it became difficult, if it was 11 v 11 then we could have come back"

Did Wenger really say this?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Wenger - We did not buy in haste last year

“We brought in Benayoun, who was very influential at the end of the season for us. We bought Santos and Park. So overall, we have not done badly.

rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Arsene Wenger "When we were 2-0 down and down to 10 men it became difficult, if it was 11 v 11 then we could have come back"

Did Wenger really say this?

Well we did come back from 4 goals down a couple of days ago. :coffee:

But what was he suppose to say? "By that point, we have already given up and were concentrating on Schalke" ?

Think he's just trying to find some positives in our game, but that comment really sounded like his usual self. Butt hurt and finding excuses. Laughing
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Time to move on, its a shame how much we have fallen.

Going from the invincibles to nowadays invisibles. Sad
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm just surprised from Arsenal fans ..... :bow: Respect.
As for players and Wenger...Does he\em feel ashamed .....big?

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Feel really sad for the fans...
paying the highest prices only to see performances like that and knowing that they are going into Gazidis and the boards pocket...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:35 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Wenger - We did not buy in haste last year

“We brought in Benayoun, who was very influential at the end of the season for us. We bought Santos and Park. So overall, we have not done badly.

rofl
This is not the complete quote. He also mentions how Mertesacker and Arteta have become key players for us. Also keep in mind that at the time, we really had no options of players to buy at LB, and we tried to sign Baines too from what I understand, so it was Santos or nobody; that being said, I'm pretty much agreeing with you that it was a panic buy then! Benayoun was also bought just to fill a gap, although he did a decent job. Park, yep, panic buy.

We could have done worse though. Our squad is still good enough to be doing better than it is. I still stand by my optimistic belief in pre-season that if we had kept RvP and Song we'd have had the best squad in the league Sad
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Twoism wrote:Wenger explanation the difference between current teams & Tony Adams really said it all

"I asked AW What the difference between managing when in your first years at Arsenal and today?"

"AW said Well with you lads from Monday-Friday I was pulling my hair out but come Saturday you the players took over & I could relax all game. "With the current crop they're a joy to teach and train from Monday-Friday but come Saturday I'm pulling my hair out".

Give me back my Arsenal with heart
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:05 pm

I honestly don't know what's wrong at the moment.

I'd understand if we lose every now and then, but losing with such bad performances??? It's like the lads aren't motivated at all. Feck! and that's so annoying.

And I don't know how many more set piece goals we need to concede before AW and Bould realise that zonal marking sucks a$$
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:34 pm

How are Arsenal still only 6th, just 2 points off the top 4, after making their worst start in 18 years?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Spurs and Everton bottled it, that's how
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:06 pm

arsenal were pretty poor but i think we have to appreciate that manchester united were excellent today and exploited all our weaknesses . they exploited podolski's lack of defensive awareness that led to the first goal and in the second the exploited our general defensive vulnerability.

but i think this team can still make the top 4, individually the players we have are very decent, some of girouds touches today were very good . i think we should consider playing arshavin a little more and try our very best to get the most out of cazorla as hes an absolutely excellent player. as one poster said, we were too narrow today, we didnt use the wings very well, i think this has to change . but we have to remain optimistic.

also it was obvious to me and one other poster that jack was running a real risk of getting sent off after he got his 1st yellow, i think his tackling is really bad . i think wenger should have substituted him for walcott and shifted ramsey to the center .

lets hope arsenal play with greater urgency in the proceeding games
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:59 pm

All those who are crying about Theo not starting...he played 120+ mins during the week and if he had started and gotten injured we would blamed wenger again ....

BTW I am sometimes embarrsed to be an Arsenal fan....one day your hailing Wenger next day your calling him an old man who is pasy it...

And nowhere in the AGM meeting did Wenger say fourth place is our prioretry.... he called it the 3rd most important after Pl and Cl....so stop mixing up his words...

I don't get why most of you are surprised by the way we played ... we have doing the same way against other big teams for more then 5 Years now...even with rvp & song we were never a match for them
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:36 pm

We had no 'spunk' about us to say the least. Continuously second best and our formation is just shit!!! Players being utilised Inappropriately. Ramsey and Podolski to name a few. Didn't see us winning. On to the next one.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:54 pm

I still dont get why Wenger kept Jack on? he was warned and next one would have been a red card and he still kept him on.

I felt bad for Jack he was the only one with heart and was sent off and will miss our next match.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Rafael played on Wednesday night 2 hours. He played whole game today.

Walcott & Jenkinson can't do this? scratch
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next