Sina
Raptorgunner
Wilson37
SamuelJayC
Jay29
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Manchester United 2 - 1 Arsenal: All too easy for United - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester United 2 - 1 Arsenal: All too easy for United

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Rafael played on Wednesday night 2 hours. He played whole game today.

Walcott & Jenkinson can't do this? scratch

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2 - 1 Arsenal: All too easy for United - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester United 2 - 1 Arsenal: All too easy for United

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:54 pm

How can any top team play like we do?

5 shots on target in the past 3 EPL games and a CL game. :facepalm:
We cant defend or score and our midfield is just lost out there.

Fulham will embarrass us, United were poor today any other EPL team would have put 5 past us.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:04 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Rafael played on Wednesday night 2 hours. He played whole game today.

People just make pointless excuses. If you'd asked Theo if he felt good to start, I highly doubt he'd of said no..
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:12 am

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Rafael played on Wednesday night 2 hours. He played whole game today.

People just make pointless excuses. If you'd asked Theo if he felt good to start, I highly doubt he'd of said no..

It had nothing to do with Walcott playing 120m its had to do with Wenger believing Ramsey is a better Winger.

Last year we had, Gervinho, Walcott and Oxlade on the bench and he went with Ramsey on the wings. hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:30 am

Your comparing a team whose players always come back from injury days if not weeks before they are supposed to vs a team who players come back months after they are supposed to.....

Walcott is still not match fit even to play two full games and plus extra time in a week. He has only started 3 games this whole season
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:09 am

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan.
If Ferguson had seen his worst performing Utd player swap shirts with someone at half time, he'd drop him forever. Wenger's lost his edge.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:20 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:

It had nothing to do with Walcott playing 120m its had to do with Wenger believing Ramsey is a better Winger.

Last year we had, Gervinho, Walcott and Oxlade on the bench and he went with Ramsey on the wings. hmm

Fair point. However, a game of this magnitude requires in form players regardless. Not starting theo and Jenko (instead of santos) was nothing short of ridiculous!
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:54 am

I dont think starting Walcott would have made any difference.. Too many uninfluential players on the pitch dependent solely on Cazorlas brilliance.. Last match looked better as Wilshere was good.. Thanks to United for being less aggressive and not taking advantage of being a man down.. This terrible game goes hidden into the history under a respectable scoreline..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:37 am

Sad
Manchester United 2 - 1 Arsenal: All too easy for United - Page 3 A6y0ZpcCUAA3DlN
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:16 am

Furious Arsenal fans and ex-players ripped into Andre Santos after he asked for Robin van Persie’s shirt at HALF-TIME!

RVP had already scored against his old club before Santos’ shameful request. Former Gunner Ray Parlour blasted: “That’s a joke. I wouldn’t have that. At half-time? He should be concentrating on his game and he was having a nightmare.

“He can’t play in a back four as he gets caught out of position all the time.”
RVP put United ahead inside three minutes — his 10th goal since a £22million summer switch from Arsenal.

Patrice Evra added a second before Santi Cazorla’s late strike for the Gunners.

Fans took to Twitter to rage at Santos, signed for £5.6million from Fenerbahce last season.

TV presenter Piers Morgan wrote: “If Santos really asked for, and got #VanPursestrings’ shirt as they walked off at half-time, he should never play for Arsenal again.”

Piers Morgan does talk sense sometimes....SH!Tos... Mad
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:20 am

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admits he blundered turning down the chance to sign Robin van Persie ELEVEN years ago.

Ferguson could have got the Dutchman back in 2001, when he dispatched one of his scouts to Holland to watch the teenage striker in action for Feyenoord.

Ferguson sent scout Jim Ryan to assess van Persie, who was red carded in the game, raising concerns about the young forward’s character, despite his obvious talent.

The United boss decided against signing van Persie as a result, and watched Arsenal land him in 2004 for what proved a bargain £2.75m.

"Robin was only 16 or 17 at the time,” said Ferguson. “But our assessment of young players is always based on the potential you see in them.

“We sent Jim Ryan over to Feyenoord and Robin was ­actually sent off in the game. Jim said he was a fantastic talent, but felt that he was a little immature.

“At 16, we’re all immature, but we didn’t progress it, and then he went to Arsenal.

"I never thought we would get him, until he convinced us that he wouldn’t be signing a new contract at Arsenal.

“We just started working hard with Arsene Wenger and myself, I phoned him quite a few times, and we eventually came to an agreement.

“If Robin had more than one year left on his contract, we would never have got him.

“It was very amicable with Arsene. He made his case because, first of all, he wanted him to stay without ­contradiction.

“There’s no doubt about that and he worked hard to keep him. The next stage, once he accepted that he had to let him go, was to make sure we paid him the money.

“And Arsene has always done a phenomenal job getting top dollar for players.”

The highlighted parts show exactly why we suck in the league Mad Why do they wait till the last year to extend the contract?
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:22 am

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admits victory over Arsenal left him bemused.

Robin van Persie and Patrice Evra struck for United in the 2-1 win.

Ferguson admitted it failed to live up to previous encounters between the two old rivals.

Asked for his verdict on the game, Ferguson told Sky Sports 2HD: "I think I need to sleep on it, I could not believe the chances we missed.

"We should have put it to bed a long, long time ago and you look at that scoreline 2-1 and you think it was a close game, but it wasn't a close game.

"I think there was a lack of urgency in our game throughout, far too casual. It was an unusual Manchester United Arsenal game really.

"I know there were a lot of bookings, but it didn't get anywhere near the Manchester United-Arsenal games of the past, nowhere near it."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:23 am

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand took aim at Arsenal's away fans after victory yesterday.

Robin van Persie was taunted throughout by visiting fans but he did not antagonize them further by celebrating his goal.

Ferdinand said on MUTV: "He showed a bit more class than probably their fans did to him, but it is banter from their fans and he celebrated in the right way, I think."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:25 am

It took United just three minutes to score against the Gunners at Old Trafford, with Van Persie slotting past Vito Mannone after a mistake from Thomas Vermaelen.

The victory lifted Sir Alex Ferguson’s side to the top of the Premier League, temporarily at least, and Van Persie described scoring against his former team-mates as 'a special day'.

'In the end it was about the game and I think we played well,’ said the Dutchman.

'We were a bit sloppy with the chances we did not take, we should have scored more but we got three points.

‘It is the first time ever I have played against my former club, but in the end it is about the game and we won it, I am pleased with that.’

Van Persie lifted his arms in acknowledgement of his eighth league goal of the season, but refused to celebrate against his former club.

‘I played there for eight years, I had a fantastic time there and I respect the fans, manager, players and the whole club so that is why I didn't celebrate,’ he added.

The striker was given a very hostile reception by not only the travelling Arsenal fans but also by former team-mate Jack Wilshere, who was making his return to first-team action after a lengthy injury lay-off.

The midfielder appeared reluctant to shake the Dutchman’s hand in the pre-match ritual, before seeing red after 70 minutes for a second yellow card just minutes after Patrice Evra doubled the hosts’ lead.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:42 am

Arsenal's travelling army of fans could not believe their eyes.

Robin van Persie, once their super hero, silenced their taunts with a goal as Manchester United showed why the Dutchman was right to quit the Emirates for Old Trafford last summer.

And what concerned the ­unhappy Gooners even more was their team’s pitiful performance. This defeat marked the worst start to a league season since Wenger ­arrived at the club in 1996.

They are already a point worse off than last season, which was deemed a The Arsenal fans,on Saturday,let manager Arsene Wenger and chief ­executive Ivan Gazidis know their feelings.

“Wenger, Wenger sort it out” was their refrain even before half-time. The fans could already see the way their team were being outclassed.

The abuse aimed at Gazidis was more personal and downright ­abusive. But the message was clear. The gap between these two big ­rivals is growing by the season. And everyone in the stadium was astonished to see Arsenal left-back Santos ask Van Persie for his shirt as the players left the field – at ­half-time!

Arsenal Away fans :bow:
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:20 am

Quinten Metsys wrote:Why do they wait till the last year to extend the contract?
I recall RVP refusing to have contract discussions until there was only one year left ==

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:10 am

Legend wrote: I don't get why most of you are surprised by the way we played ... we have doing the same way against other big teams for more then 5 Years now...even with rvp & song we were never a match for them

That's not true at all, not even close.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:15 am

Wenger: 'They deserved to win the game'

on the defeat…

I’m disappointed of course, because we had a lot of the ball but we were not very efficient in our final third or in their final third. You feel it was a bit [of] an illusionary domination. We had a lot of the ball but they created more chances and deserved to win the game. Part of that is down to the fact that we gave an early goal away. In a game like that, that’s a massive advantage [for Manchester United]. Then they defended well, were sharper than us in the duels and the consequence is you lose the game.

on van Persie scoring…

Honestly, that doesn’t bother me at all. That doesn’t matter. What you want is to win the game. You don’t care about who scores in their team. What is most important is that you don’t make a mistake at the back and you don’t give chances away.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Reading field NINE players today v QPR who started v Arsenal, including 34-year old Jason Roberts.

Rafael managed both games for United this week too.

Why couldn't Walcott do it?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:08 pm

This match was one of the worst arsenal performances ever. Vermaelan's mistake set the tone of the match and arsenal were never in it. Good keeping by Mannone and RVP desire not to embarass arsenal(his missed chances), and Shrek missing the penalty helped keep the score respectable.
I think Podolski Should Play upfront. Last few matches he was like a ghost in the pitch.
On walcott starting, he played for 35 minutes, its not like he changed the game. Lets face it we have no genuine winger in the team like valencia, young, hazard or bale.
This may very well be the season we drop out of the top 4 as we do not have a talismatic player like previous seasons who saved our back side. Arsenal also need a physical CM/DM in the midfield. Arteta as DM worked in the first few games but now opponents are taking advantage of his slight build and the fact that he is not a natural defensive player to break up our attacks in our own half.

One thing for gazidis to think off= Who will he sell to balance the books nest season, given that most of our players are crap.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:41 pm

Angry Arsenal fan on radio here in England: "We play 4-3-3 against every single team, every single week, regardless of the opponent. Wenger is tactically inept."

Why do we never change formation?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Wenger doesn't really use tactics. He teaches his players to play his way and tells them to always play that way in every game so that other teams have to adapt to us and not the other way around. He wants to outplay teams, not outsmart them, and while it's lead to some great success, it's arguably his biggest weakness as a manager, alongside being too nice.

This is how he's always been and unfortunately he's not going to change his ways now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:58 pm

This, as well as not winning the champions leageu, stops him from ever being remembered by world football fans in the same breath as Fergie, Mourinho, Pep etc.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:05 am

I'd argue that it's the reason why we haven't won the Champions League in his era, especially in 2004. The one time he did use tactics we went all the way to the final in 2006. Goes to show that he can change things up, but he just doesn't like to win that way.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:07 am

Exactly, I loved our 05/06 Euro tactics.

Brought the very best out of a number of players too, notably Gilberto, the entire makeshift defence and Fabregas.

----

Thoughts on team against Schalke? Szczesny, Gibbs both back according to English media.

Would love to see this, but I know TV will play.

Szczesny

Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs

Arteta Wilshere

Walcott Cazorla Arshavin

Podolski

Mannone Vermaelen Jenkinson Coquelin Ramsey Giroud Chamakh
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 am

Wilshere ready start just 3 days after his last game? i hope so

Kos hasnt been any better than vermaelen when hes played, its kinda worrying Neutral
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next