Sina
Ganso
Kick
DuringTheWar
Clockwork Orange
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Arsenal still considered a big club? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Arsenal still considered a big club?

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 pm

RED wrote:Watching United toy with Arsenal as though they were QPR or some relegation fodder was a sad sight to see on Saturday tbh. Regardless of what United fans feelings are towards Arsenal, I know many miss the days these were big blockbuster title challenging clashes.

regardless of these issues, they are still considered a big club. A respectable club too. This is an absurd question.

agree with this post completely. I miss the old days

Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Arsenal still considered a big club? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Arsenal still considered a big club?

Post by Real Kandahar Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:46 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:Financially speaking, yes.

Is Arsenal still considered a big club? - Page 2 Images9
\

with alll this money, they are still so cheap lol im not saying go crazy like city or psg, i despise that, but at least spend a moderate amount of money
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:with alll this money, they are still so cheap lol im not saying go crazy like city or psg, i despise that, but at least spend a moderate amount of money

They do spend a 'moderate amount of money'.
For the 12/13 season, they've spent €43M. For the 11/12 season, they spent €64M. For the 10/11 season, they spent €23M.

Compare that to a team like Schalke 04, who spent only €4.5M for the 12/13 season, €7.3M for the 11/12 season, and €36M for the 10/11 season.

Although they do play in separate leagues, the issue is not how much a team spends, but who they spend the money for.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:50 pm

If Arsenal are a big club, then Dortmund and Schalke 04 are Large clubs.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:57 pm

that doesn't make sense but

you are saying Schalke are bigger than Arsenal ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:02 pm

large, big.

these words are synonyms

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Probably means to say Schalke and BVB are more relevant/better sides than Arsenal now when it comes to the best teams in Europe hmm
Although its premature to say that ,atleast Dortmund for me are a better side than Arsenal right now in my opinion.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:07 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:large, big.

these words are synonyms

Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:17 pm

What a ridiculous thread.

In addition to Barca I'm a Spurs supporter and tbh I hate Arsenal, but they very much are still a big club.

Troll thread...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:20 pm

They are very much a big club but a stagnating one to put it precisely in my opinion.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Surag wrote:They are very much a big club but a stagnating one to put it precisely in my opinion.
I'd say Liverpool are at that stage. Arsenal are more like a magic trick you've seen a hundred times; used to be exciting to begin with, but is getting a bit boring and routine
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:27 pm

Clubs like Arsenal wont ever be considered less than big, they're the type that dont go down without a fight, its engraved in their DNA. One of my favorite EPL clubs.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Of course they are. They're not nearly as bad as liverpool and will still finish top 4, they might not be title contenders but that doesn't make them a small club...
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:33 pm

I think there's 2 meanings to big club.

A big club based on their history, accomplishments, hype, fans etc.

And a big club, in terms of whether they're winning titles and going for the best players/already have them etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:19 pm

i never quite liked this term"Big Club". Its very subjective and is heavily based on every1's representations of the term, opinions, views, and bias.
That being said, no way are Arsenal not a Top 5 team in England. They may be losing their best players year after year, but that is down to Wengers stubborn approach to his tactics and transfers IMHO.

Also, its easy to troll on a "Big" Club for their trophy drought, so i'd rather we consider Arsenal as a "Big" Club and not jump to hasty conclusions. eco smile
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Of course they are.

But the moment they dont qualify for the CL any season, Ill call them a mediocre mid table team though, Something that everyone calls us now Sad
Time to replay some shite :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2