Sina
Ganso
Kick
DuringTheWar
Clockwork Orange
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Arsenal still considered a big club? Empty Is Arsenal still considered a big club?

Post by Clockwork Orange Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:20 pm

They are constantly selling their players, they are never real title contenders and now they are Refchester United's whipping boys. It's a sad shame because Arsene Wenger is a great manager, he deserves to be at a club that isn't a feeder for Barcelona.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Is Arsenal still considered a big club? Empty Re: Is Arsenal still considered a big club?

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:40 pm

It would seem that, we have become an extremely rich mans ajax :coffee:
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Is Arsenal still considered a big club? Empty Re: Is Arsenal still considered a big club?

Post by Kick Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:41 pm

Arsenal were a big club? Laughing

/troll comment.

Seriously, yes. They always have been and always will be.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:It would seem that, we have become an extremely rich mans ajax :coffee:
ouch
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Is Arsenal still considered a big club? Form-c10
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Kick wrote:Arsenal were a big club? Laughing

/troll comment.

I know this is a joke, but this is seriously rich coming from a Chelsea fan. Razz

Football runs in cycles and more often than not, teams go through periods where they don't win things and generally don't have a very good time. Seven, probably soon to be eight, seasons without a trophy is certainly unbecoming of a big club, and the less said about some of transfer business the better.

But we haven't completely dropped off the map. Not yet, anyway. We still attract good talent, we still fill out a 60,000 stadium every game, we're still a highly respected club and are, in general, still considered a big club by the majority of people. We might be losing our heavyweight status, and are certainly below Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd, Bayern Munich and maybe even Chelsea right now, but we haven't declined to such an extent that we're no longer a big club.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:They are constantly selling their players, they are never real title contenders and now they are Refchester United's whipping boys. It's a sad shame because Arsene Wenger is a great manager, he deserves to be at a club that isn't a feeder for Barcelona.

Hmmm. Except we won the title and we will probably qualify for the next round in the chamions league. Please never compare Arsenal to Ajax. Ajax has changed the face off football. Ajax will always be a bigger club.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:59 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

/troll comment.

I know this is a joke, but this is seriously rich coming from a Chelsea fan. Razz

Hence the joke mate. I am not one of those plastic Chelsea fans, I know where we came from and what we have.

I still fear playing Arsenal every year and relish every victory over them.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:06 am

If arsenal are no longer a big club, then ajax stopped being a big club a long time ago. History lessons are much appreciated, but as i said ajax are a poor mans arsenal currently. They are actually both big clubs still imo
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 am

we are probably somewhere down in the top 10 list.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:14 am

able to defeat anyone on their day but also able to lose by anyone if they are in a bad mood,
historically a traditional title contender with many achievements and given how the club is being run they still produce high quality entertaining football

big club? yes, but of the bottom ones

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:20 am

Financially speaking, yes.

Is Arsenal still considered a big club? Images9
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:56 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:It would seem that, we have become an extremely rich mans ajax :coffee:
+1111111111

rofl

Anyways, yes, because they consistently go deep in the league and the CL. There's less than 10 better teams than Arsenal out there atm.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:04 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:

/troll comment.

Football runs in cycles and more often than not, teams go through periods where they don't win things and generally don't have a very good time. Seven, probably soon to be eight, seasons without a trophy is certainly unbecoming of a big club, and the less said about some of transfer business the better.

But we haven't completely dropped off the map. Not yet, anyway. We still attract good talent, we still fill out a 60,000 stadium every game, we're still a highly respected club and are, in general, still considered a big club by the majority of people. We might be losing our heavyweight status, and are certainly below Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd, Bayern Munich and maybe even Chelsea right now, but we haven't declined to such an extent that we're no longer a big club.
Exactly this!...
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:05 am

Ajax have the European history but history doesn't win you games. Currently Arsenal are much bigger than Ajax, using the fact that Ajax win their league and Arsenal don't is laughable. The Dutch league is about 50 levels below the Prem. And with 3 points in the CL what makes you so sure that Ajax will quality for the knock outs? I'm not even thinking Juve are probably through and at least Juve have what should (No Jinx) be a guaranteed 3 points. Chances are Ajax will pick up at most 1 more point.

In short, present Arsenal >>>>>> feeder club in feeder league.

Edit: Yes Arsenal are still a big club and they will be as long as they finish in the top end of the BPL, maybe not a top club but still big.

Last edited by TomJuve on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 am

back on topic guys
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:10 am

They are a big club based on what they achieved in the past.

Just like Ajax and other clubs.

However I don't understand why they don't just sack Wenger. I mean he hasn't won anything in like 7-8 years. Any 'big' club wouldn't keep their manager that long if he wasn't winning anything.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 am

arsenal need to make big changes in their wage structure, as well as where their money is diverted because they are one of the most profitable clubs in the world.

it seems wenger is unwilling to spend or the board is unwilling to provide wenger with the proper money because they must have more money than pittance they have been spending.

that being said of course i still consider arsenal to be a big club

BUT i do believe that once wenger moves on arsenal will not have that safety net of wengers good financial choices and good management and this may pose a big problem.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 am

Yohan Modric wrote:They are a big club based on what they achieved in the past.

However I don't understand why they don't just sack Wenger. I mean he hasn't won anything in like 7-8 years. Any 'big' club wouldn't keep their manager that long if he wasn't winning anything.

who on earth could win arsenal a trophy on a hairline transfer budget and a mid table team wage structure..

mt you baffle me some times.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:09 am

When exactly is the FFP going to actually kick in? Since its inception, clubs keep spending big on giant names and throwing whatever they want at them in wages, yet nothing is being done about it by anyone
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:40 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:They are a big club based on what they achieved in the past.

who on earth could win arsenal a trophy on a hairline transfer budget and a mid table team wage structure..

mt you baffle me some times.

We are not going to win any title soon. FACT : not as long as there will be some clubs that spend like crazy because they have a sugar-daddy. It's quite easy to buy an Arsenal's player because that's our politic : we sell in order to be financially safe.
Wenger, while not being the best coach, (is one of) the best manager around. Only second to Ferguson for me.
I like the fact that money is turning mid-table club like Malaga, City, PSG ... in powerfuls clubs. But it's not going to last. football would be better and much more entertaining if Arsenal's model was followed : , Udinese, As roma, Napoli, lazio, OM , OL, Everton, ... would be real challengers
That being said , our board is not doing good enough as we got the money to buy better players
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:56 pm

Players come and players go that's Arsenal's philosophy, with this sort of mindset it's near impossible to win big titles and imo that makes them a clever business model in footballing terms.
They have the money of a top club, they have the history of a top club, they have the manager of a top and they have the fans of a top club.

Arsenal are of course a big club but the chairman has different aspirations to most big clubs, it's not even about trophies or the football. They are just cashing in on a very successful project.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Watching United toy with Arsenal as though they were QPR or some relegation fodder was a sad sight to see on Saturday tbh. Regardless of what United fans feelings are towards Arsenal, I know many miss the days these were big blockbuster title challenging clashes.

regardless of these issues, they are still considered a big club. A respectable club too. This is an absurd question.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Yes. a struggling big club with an identity crisis and lack of discipline and confidence pale
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:11 pm

RED wrote:Watching United toy with Arsenal as though they were QPR or some relegation fodder was a sad sight to see on Saturday tbh. Regardless of what United fans feelings are towards Arsenal, I know many miss the days these were big blockbuster title challenging clashes.

regardless of these issues, they are still considered a big club. A respectable club too. This is an absurd question.

agree with this post completely. I miss the old days
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next