lszanto
Rebelles.REUS.rex
ericalism
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Di Matteo Empty Di Matteo

Post by ericalism Thu 08 Nov 2012, 06:14

If Chelsea continues playing like this,this guy will be sacked sooner or later :brickwall:
Di Matteo Shev10

ericalism
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Di Matteo Empty Re: Di Matteo

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Thu 08 Nov 2012, 06:33

potentially gayest post ever :facepalm:
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu 08 Nov 2012, 06:50

2nd in the league due to being robbed against United, progressing through to next stage in CL. Why would he be fired? The team is changing the way it plays, of course there is going to be some hiccups along the way as the players adjust and have to change the way they play.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 08 Nov 2012, 08:07

Di Matteo has truly impressed me.

Personally thought he was a 'fraud' and was very lucky in the CL in the last year (which got him the job), and whilst Chelsea did invest heavily, I feel Di Matteo has done very well thus far. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu 08 Nov 2012, 09:22

lszanto wrote:2nd in the league due to being robbed against United, progressing through to next stage in CL. Why would he be fired? The team is changing the way it plays, of course there is going to be some hiccups along the way as the players adjust and have to change the way they play.
Their progression is far from guaranteed though.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu 08 Nov 2012, 09:27

He's doing a good job so far.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:04

Yea, progression for Chelsea is far from guaranteed. Juve still have a good chance actually. We need 4 points from these next two games. We should beat Chelsea in Torino and sceape a draw in Donetsk.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:10

juventus101 wrote:Yea, progression for Chelsea is far from guaranteed. Juve still have a good chance actually. We need 4 points from these next two games. We should beat Chelsea in Torino and sceape a draw in Donetsk.

Chelsea can go to Turin and park the bus and draw 0-0 and then need to beat nords at home to get through
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:13

Knowing Chelsea they might just do that, but hopefully they wont. And if they dont, i think we can definitely beat them.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ericalism Thu 08 Nov 2012, 14:50

I don't deny that Chelsea has done a not-bad job in this season so far,but which I think is due to more all the quality players RDM has ----like Oscar,Hazard......let alone the German Messi still stored in the bench----than his ability as a manager.
And give the performance as a team Chelsea showed to the world last night,I really doubt their prospect of reaching the knockout stage,will they become the first defending champions to miss out on qualifying from the group stage,hope not :coffee:

ericalism
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu 08 Nov 2012, 16:28

Thought Di Matteo would just be another average manager and struggle, however he's been impressive.

Haven't seen the Shakhtar match, but Chelsea have played some good football this season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu 08 Nov 2012, 17:38

ericalism wrote:I don't deny that Chelsea has done a not-bad job in this season so far,but which I think is due to more all the quality players RDM has ----like Oscar,Hazard......let alone the German Messi still stored in the bench----than his ability as a manager.
And give the performance as a team Chelsea showed to the world last night,I really doubt their prospect of reaching the knockout stage,will they become the first defending champions to miss out on qualifying from the group stage,hope not :coffee:
You're just grasping at straws here, mate.

Basically your point is that Chelsea's position this season has got nothing to do with Di Matteo? Laughing

"will they become the first defending champions to miss out on qualifying from the group stage"

Errr.....so far the odds are stacked in our favour. Don't see how that means we could get knocked out.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ericalism Wed 21 Nov 2012, 00:28

Well,what do you guys say now? :coffee:

ericalism
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed 21 Nov 2012, 00:34

ericalism wrote:Well,what do you guys say now? :coffee:

We need a striker?

Quite simply if we had a proper striker we wouldn't be in this position. Look at united, their team is horrid yet gets carried because RVP/Rooney can finish.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed 21 Nov 2012, 00:42

lszanto wrote:

We need a striker?

Quite simply if we had a proper striker we wouldn't be in this position. Look at united, their team is horrid yet gets carried because RVP/Rooney can finish.

Lack of strikers doesn't explain all the goals we have conceded.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed 21 Nov 2012, 00:45

Blue wrote:
lszanto wrote:

We need a striker?

Lack of strikers doesn't explain all the goals we have conceded.

I couldn't care less about conceding goals if we were winning. We're losing/drawing to midtable clubs(West Brom/Swansea/Pool). We subbed off Azpi for Moses because we needed more attacking power, straight after we concede a goal, concidence?
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 21 Nov 2012, 01:39

Please please please don't get sacked.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 21 Nov 2012, 01:43

I think today he learnt a lesson. Dont use false 9 if you dont have good possession of the ball, otherwise it loses its effectiveness.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 21 Nov 2012, 02:03

The Franchise wrote:I think today he learnt a lesson. Dont use false 9 if you dont have good possession of the ball, otherwise it loses its effectiveness.

I dont think he had any choice really.

I can see him getting fired this weekend if City beat them.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed 21 Nov 2012, 02:06

Raptorgunner wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I think today he learnt a lesson. Dont use false 9 if you dont have good possession of the ball, otherwise it loses its effectiveness.

How wrong you are. and who is going to take his place ??
He won't be sacked until he get a proper goalscorer. If he gets one and fail to produce results then he may be sacked
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 21 Nov 2012, 02:09

Benin, rumours going around Roman is looking for a new manager and Rafa is on the hit list. Hence why I don't want Di Matteo to get sacked. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed 21 Nov 2012, 02:15

Thought they were after Guardiola o,o if they were they wouldn't sack Di Matteo now, Chelsea would wait till summer :p
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 21 Nov 2012, 02:17

Roman doesn't have the patience to wait until the summer. Half his sackings have been during the course of the season.

Pep may go to City as City has just hired Txiki Begiristain as their DoF.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed 21 Nov 2012, 03:26

Di Matteo is a bit of a conundrum to me. On the one hand, I can't say that I've seen anything typically attributed to "coaching" and "tactics" that has blown me away. On the surface, he appears to play a fairly standard formation (about as typical of a 4-2-3-1 as you will see) and pick players who are traditionally rated higher. Arguably his most controversial decisions both came against Juventus: first, to play Oscar in the tie at the Bridge, and secondly NOT to play Torres at the new Juventus stadium. One worked a treat, the other... well… It's hard to blame this result on that decision, but he hardly got the other tactical changes right, either.

On the other hand, while Chelsea may be on a bad run, they are far from out of the race for the Prem League, and they could still progress in the UCL. Then, there is always the “success” argument, stating that we should all be blinded by the trophy he won. It’s actually a valid argument in this case. We may not all have enjoyed watching their success last season, but he did get results in knockout competitions. In addition, I think he’s done an excellent job managing egos. He’s managed to not only calm an unruly dressing room after AVB’s departure, but he’s also managed to bed in several new, young players coming from different leagues and different countries. That’s no small feat.

I have actually been surprised by the number of goals conceded by Chelsea in the Prem League this season. Those defensive frailties may be the cause should Di Matteo be sacked this campaign. I think Chelsea will sign a high-profile striker from somewhere this January, and I think RDM will be around to see the effects of that signing. However, if they continue to ship goals and drop out of contention from the Prem League race, I can see Abramovich making yet another managerial change. While RDM has certainly not been an abject disappointment, I don’t think he makes Chelsea better. The very best clubs have managers that are “game changers” in and of themselves. Their tactical acumen, their preparation, their in-game changes, maybe even their presence allow their teams to perform better thanks to their actions. I simply don’t see that with RDM. I simply see a competent manager… nothing more, nothing less.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 21 Nov 2012, 13:21

Raptorgunner wrote:

Really? Couldnt of used Torres?

I dont rate him at all, but any striker is a better choice than that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next