24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Champions League Round 5- Wednesday Empty Champions League Round 5- Wednesday

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:37 am

Some pretty interesting fixtures Tomorrow

Dynamo Kiev v Paris SG
FC Porto v Din Zagreb

This group is pretty much done. Porto and PSG are 1st and 2nd with 10 n 9 points. Kiev are 3rd with 4. Unless a miracle occurs and Kiev wins both of their matches while PSG losing theirs, i can't see anything else happening apart from Porto n PSG progressing to the next round

Arsenal v Montpellier
Schalke 04 v Olympiakos

This group is a bit interesting. Schalke are top with 8 points, Arsenal 2nd with 7 and Olypiakos 3rd with 6. If Schalke wins tomorrow and Arsenal wins tomorrow in their game, then these two sides will progress regardless of what happens in the final matchday. However if Arsenal lose, and Olympiakos wins or draw their game. Then Arsenal would have to win their last game away to Olympiakos. For tomorrow, Schalke would probably be looking at getting a result to confirm their progression while arsenal will have to win to keep matters in their own hands.

Zenit St P'sbg v Malaga
Anderlecht v AC Milan

Malaga are flying in this group, with a handsome 5 points lead over Milan who are 2nd. However, Anderlecht are close behind milan at 3rd with 4 points so therefore, tomorrows game between Anderlecht and Milan is very very important. Milan can confirm their progression to the Round 16 with a win, however they can drop to 3rd if they lose, but it won't be catastrophic as Milan can progress via winning their last game while expecting a result to go their way in Spain where Malaga are unbeaten so far. There are very very slim chances of Zenit getting anything in this group, but they can get the EL spot if some results go their way

Ajax v Borussia Dortmund
Man City v Real Madrid

This is probably the best group in terms of tomorrow's fixtures. Dortmund leads the group with 8 points, Real madrid are 2nd with 7 while Ajax are 3rd with 4 points. City have 2. Dortmund travels to Ajax where they can all but confirm their progression to the next round if they beat the dutch side. A point for Madrid at the Etihad will confirm their progression as well, along with the fact that city will be out of the CL and may fight with ajax for the EL spot. However, if Ajax beats Dortmund and City beats Madrid. Then Both Ajax and Madrid will be tied with 7 points each, taking them to the last matchday for the ultimate decider. It will also give City a very very slim hope of getting something out of this Group.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Champions League Round 5- Wednesday Empty Re: Champions League Round 5- Wednesday

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:41 am

RG :bow:

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Champions League Round 5- Wednesday Empty Re: Champions League Round 5- Wednesday

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:47 am

We should be able to salvage at least a point against Anderlecht, later on we go up against Zenit at the San Siro, we beat them away last time, i am confident we can beat them home...i think
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Champions League Round 5- Wednesday Empty AFC Ajax vs Borrussia Dortmund

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:12 pm

How ironic, that the two men with the most money at their disposal, Mancini and Di Matteo have/had their jobs under pressure. I have always been an advocate of a club being run the right way. Dortmund are a reference for every club in Europe because they give their youth a chance and don't spend unprecedented amounts of money on players.

I hope that we win this game, but I will not begrudge them a victory. Apart from Dortmund plays the finest brand of football, along with my siste club Barcelona and PSV Sad

This is a battle of philosophies as opposed to a battle of supersters that will be taking place in the aptly named Ethihad Stadium. I hope this forum members choose to watch this game.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:14 pm

I want Dortmund to top the group so i will be rooting for them.

If only this game was shown on Television Mad Would've surely watched it then.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Why no support for Ajax?

Actually I want to get something off my conscience. I admit I am not very fond of Italian football and I am quite open about it, I watched the Juventus-Chelsea game against my own will last night and I was very shocked.

Juventus play modern football and strived to be the protagonist against Chelsea, something I did not expect. I was very impressed and I must congratualte your team. Have they always played like this or is this a one off? I very much enjoyed the intensity they brought, it reminded me of the legendary Rinus Michels Ajax, in terms of the off the ball work.

I am glad that I was able to put aside my prejudice.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:32 pm

I have nothing against Ajax but if they win today that could possibly jeopardize Dortmund's position in the group as far as winning the group is concerned.

Besides if you win today ,you might have to win against Madrid as well to have any chance of qualifying and imo i feel thats unlikely to happen..As of now Dortmund are placed very well in the group and if they manage to win the group i predict them to go far in the competition.

And yes if you watch Juventus regularly you will actually notice that we play some wonderful brand of football especially at home where we have often put on a show against big teams.Conte is the reason for it.Not only has he produced results but also mixed them with effective and entertaining brand of football as well something his predecessors couldnt quite manage to do.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:36 pm

merged
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:Why no support for Ajax?

Actually I want to get something off my conscience. I admit I am not very fond of Italian football and I am quite open about it, I watched the Juventus-Chelsea game against my own will last night and I was very shocked.

Juventus play modern football and strived to be the protagonist against Chelsea, something I did not expect. I was very impressed and I must congratualte your team. Have they always played like this or is this a one off? I very much enjoyed the intensity they brought, it reminded me of the legendary Rinus Michels Ajax, in terms of the off the ball work.

If your sentiments on Serie A teams is what it is now, I highly suggest watch more of the league as you will be pleasantly surprised to which how many times are playing attacking and modern football, if not setting trends already.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Hope we can kick City out tonight and finish first with BvB second Smile
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

If your sentiments on Serie A teams is what it is now, I highly suggest watch more of the league as you will be pleasantly surprised to which how many times are playing attacking and modern football, if not setting trends already.

I try to follow teams with similar football backgrounds and projects to Ajax. I watched Roma when I could last season. It was sad that Luis Enrique was not given enough time. I was against Italian football after the drug allegations made in the late 90s, coupled with the fact that we lost to them twice (a final and a semi final), I felt that Italian football represented a dark side of football.

I will try and watch more teams. Apart from Roma what other teams play attacking football?
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Montella's Fiorentina..

Udinese in full flow are very good to watch as well as Napoli..Two excellent counter attacking sides.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Kunye and Tev-Z to style on Mehdrid tonight :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Surag wrote:Montella's Fiorentina..

Udinese in full flow are very good to watch as well as Napoli..Two excellent counter attacking sides.

Thank you. I will try and watch them. Juventus are opening doors for Italian football, you should be proud, although I cannot agree with your off the field antics, with your manager involved in scandal.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

I try to follow teams with similar football backgrounds and projects to Ajax. I watched Roma when I could last season. It was sad that Luis Enrique was not given enough time. I was against Italian football after the drug allegations made in the late 90s, coupled with the fact that we lost to them twice (a final and a semi final), I felt that Italian football represented a dark side of football.

I will try and watch more teams. Apart from Roma what other teams play attacking football?

Interesting....

As for your question, Napoli have grown to attack more compared to last year with a fast and quick counter-attack style. Udinese with an unorthodox almost possession based Counter-attacking style which is quite pleasing to the eye. Milan despite being disjointed in defence attack quite a lot with a 4-2-3-1 and when down a goal use a 4-2-4 often. Juve and Roma is obvious while the latter probably being the most attacking side in Europe. Atalanta are capable of great attacks with their narrow diamond. The highly underrated Catania have been a revelation under Miran with a wing based attacking side. Palermo under Gasperini are inconsistent yet have accrued many goals and have Gasp's typical attacking philosophy under their belt. Cagliari aren't attacking but their footballing plays are pleasing to watch. Inter depends on their day and formation as they can play counter-attacking or then pure attack when playing their 4-3-3.

And of course there is Fiorentina under Montella which not only is pure attack but is in my opinion the most attractive side to watch in all of Europe.

Stereotype of Serie A that they don't play attacking football has long been dispelled.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:03 pm

massive round for the group of death

if ajax beat dortmund and city beat rm it would be

dortmund 8
rm 7
ajax 7
city 5

anyones game.. and that would mean that on the final day it is technically possible to see a 4 way tie with all four teams at 8 points.

the madness!!!

not gonna happen but one could imagine.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Hoping for a comfortable match with some players rested around the hour mark. Namely: Cazorla,Podolski
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:15 am

FULL TIME

Arsenal 2 - 0 Montpellier
Schalke 1 - 0 Olympiakos

Arsenal and Schalke through

Man City 1 - 1 Real Madrid
Ajax 1 - 4 Borussia Dortmund

Madrid and Dortmund through

Zenit St P'sbg 2 - 2 Malaga
Anderlecht 1 - 3 AC Milan

Milan and Malaga through

FC Porto 3 - 0 Din Zagreb
Dynamo Kiev 0 - 2 Paris SG

PSG and Porto Through

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:17 am

really inconsistent refereeing in the city/madrid match

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:20 am

Champions League Round 5- Wednesday Leyzb

Dat hat :bow: :bow:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:24 am

reff these days are crap seriously, how could you not spot Kun's dive?? arbeloa gets a yellow for a dive yet kun gets a penalty PLUS a second yellow for arbeloa. seriously??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:25 am

el sharawwy does it again... goal and assist... he could have got 2 goals tonight.... one excellent cross by de sciglio...

i am so proud of el sharawwy....

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:26 am

Kun u sneaky bastard Mad
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:27 am

LeDNA wrote:Hope we can kick City out tonight and finish first with BvB second Smile

Not gonna happen mate, you are 2nd in your group and if everything goes as plan you will meet Bayern in last 16.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:28 am

That iker goalline save on aguero :bow: :bow: :bow:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next