VanDeezNuts
The Franchise
Gil
Zealous
Swanhends
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kaka now the highest scoring Brasilian in Euro Cup/Champions League history Empty Kaka now the highest scoring Brasilian in Euro Cup/Champions League history

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:34 am

Passed Rivaldo by scoring today, how very odd......

Back to top Go down

Kaka now the highest scoring Brasilian in Euro Cup/Champions League history Empty Re: Kaka now the highest scoring Brasilian in Euro Cup/Champions League history

Post by Swanhends Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:36 am

Madrid Legend :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Kaka now the highest scoring Brasilian in Euro Cup/Champions League history Empty Re: Kaka now the highest scoring Brasilian in Euro Cup/Champions League history

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:37 am

Kaka's career has basically devolved to scoring nice goals against weaker teams in the CL. Last year Apoel and Ajax. This year Ajax again.

When the chips are down and you need a big play in an important game Kaka is probably the most useless player you can have.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:38 am

How's it odd? He's one of the greatest Brazilians to ever play the game lol.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:48 am

He isnt a top 10 Brazilian honestly but even so, great achievement. Its a shame he was so reliant on his athletic ability, because now its gone he isnt anything like the player he was.

Amazing in his peak.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:51 am

Yeah in his peak he was something else.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:00 am

Good old days

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:17 am

Gil wrote:How's it odd? He's one of the greatest Brazilians to ever play the game lol.

Really when you think of the best Brasilian goal scorers Kaka comes first to mind? lol

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:31 am

It is strange really.

Though when you start to think about it, it makes some sense.

Pele never came to Europe, nor did Jairzinho or Zico.

Later on Ronaldo was injured to much to play enough CL games/in his peak long enough.

Rivaldo didnt get to Barca till 97, 25 years old.

Romario was at Barca just 2 seasons.

Adriano probably played no more than 20 CL games.

Ronaldinho wasnt ever that much of a goal getter (though he outscored Kaka for Brazil).

Dont think Bebeto ever played in the CL.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:24 am

Why even go into detail. Kaka used to regularly top the CL goalscoring charts in his prime.

I get what you're saying considering how far he's fallen off these past few years but he was approaching all time great levels until Berlusconi and co screwed him over.

He was the ultimate counter attacking footballer.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 am

this record will be shattered with time. with it becoming more popular for southern american players to be shipped to europe earlier and earlier.

kaka was great for milan but his time at the top was somewhat limited. its only a matter of time until a brazilian forward comes to a big european team early. even earlier than kaka who came to europe at age (had to fact check this) 21 and stay at the top longer.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:45 am

definition of a stat padder hmm

So many GOAT brazilians never played UCL though that this hardly has any significance.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:35 am

[quote="Zealous"]Kaka's career has basically devolved to scoring nice goals against weaker teams in the CL. quote]

poor man's messi :coffee:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:58 am

Nerman will break this record in time.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Wow what a bunch of stupid haters ... So it's Kaka's fault that Ronaldo got injured a lot !?

Well okay ... Messi might be the GOAT but that's just because Ronaldo always got injured .... how very original .

pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Gil wrote:Why even go into detail. Kaka used to regularly top the CL goalscoring charts in his prime.

I get what you're saying considering how far he's fallen off these past few years but he was approaching all time great levels until Berlusconi and co screwed him over.

Okay, but he wasnt a top 10 Brazilian.

And Berlusconi didnt screw him over, unless he somehow intentionally injured him?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Zealous wrote:Kaka's career has basically devolved to scoring nice goals against weaker teams in the CL. Last year Apoel and Ajax. This year Ajax again.

When the chips are down and you need a big play in an important game Kaka is probably the most useless player you can have.

Come on Zealous. I am sure you've watched Kaka play before he signed for Madrid as well. It wasn't always like this for Kaka , because i remember a bunch of important games or derbies , in which he was a significant , if not the most significant , player for Milan.

It's pointless to analyse Kaka's downfall once more , or the reasons behind it , but this record is hardly a surprise for me . Sure , he has padded a lot in his carreer , just like Messi and Ronaldo . But if one thing defined Kaka , that was how he always turned up in important games. But again , going into how bad he's been flopping for Real , hardly explains this record .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:51 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Gil wrote:Why even go into detail. Kaka used to regularly top the CL goalscoring charts in his prime.

And Berlusconi didnt screw him over, unless he somehow intentionally injured him?

In a sense , he kinda did . Had Berlusconi never bothered to sell him , Kaka would still be a highly important player , despite his injuries. In Milan , he would just be a key player as ever . In fact , he would be the captain today .

And the truth is , Berlusconi tried , and succeeded as well , to sell him twice in one season . The bs about him cancelling M.City's offer in the last minute is really funny to believe. Kaka didn't agree to leave , but when Real asked for him , Berlusconi again wanted to sell him ; the club was in big debt and he didn't want to pay from his pocket again .

Ok , we cannot know what would have happened had he never left , but i am quite sure Kaka wouldn't be playing like this today .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Gil wrote:How's it odd? He's one of the greatest Brazilians to ever play the game lol.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Trolling aside what is the number?

Kaka should have stayed in Milan!! He was a legend their, at his peak he was an amazing player. Came to Madrid and something happened now he is labeled useless.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:33 pm

He could have succeeded at Real as well. Could have....

Things didn't turn out well for him, unfortunately. I would still gladly have him back in Milan , despite everything. Kaka on the other , doesn't want to leave Madrid for some reason and on top of that , he's very expensive to begin with.

So , i guess not much will change for him , if things stay this way.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Dante wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

In a sense , he kinda did . Had Berlusconi never bothered to sell him , Kaka would still be a highly important player , despite his injuries. In Milan , he would just be a key player as ever . In fact , he would be the captain today .

And the truth is , Berlusconi tried , and succeeded as well , to sell him twice in one season . The bs about him cancelling M.City's offer in the last minute is really funny to believe. Kaka didn't agree to leave , but when Real asked for him , Berlusconi again wanted to sell him ; the club was in big debt and he didn't want to pay from his pocket again .

Ok , we cannot know what would have happened had he never left , but i am quite sure Kaka wouldn't be playing like this today .

Thats unfair, totally unfair. In his last season at Milan you should remember how many games he missed. Only a fool wouldnt sell a injury prone and declining player for 50m.

In the games he played, he wasnt his old self either, we could all see that.

Milan did the right move in terms of football and finance. It was a shame because Kaka was a legend and loyal at that, but you cant fault Milan for selling him at the time they did for what was on offer.

Kaka isnt what he was because of injury and injury alone, thats noones fault.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:09 pm

I agree with Gil, he is one of the best players to come out of Brazil. Won't go into listing top 10 but that's the fact
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:17 pm

:facepalm:

Pls go and watch football before 2006.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:31 pm

oh he's totally sh1t .... I mean how many Brazilian players won the best player in the world lol ... Carried their team to a CL !? Or won everything there is on the international level ?
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:33 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Dante wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Thats unfair, totally unfair. In his last season at Milan you should remember how many games he missed. Only a fool wouldnt sell a injury prone and declining player for 50m.

In the games he played, he wasnt his old self either, we could all see that.

Milan did the right move in terms of football and finance. It was a shame because Kaka was a legend and loyal at that, but you cant fault Milan for selling him at the time they did for what was on offer.

Kaka isnt what he was because of injury and injury alone, thats noones fault.

He had many goals and assists in his last season ,most of them in important games, it's not that unfair.

Having said that , i cannot argue about him missing some periods of the season , yes , and on top of that , he wasn't exactly the extremely pacy player which we were used to . Still nowhere near to declining point. If it was so obvious , Real wouldn't bother signing him for all that money in the first place , me thinks.

I do concede that Milan did the right choice with regards to financial reasons , and that's about it. I do remember some games in kaka's last season , which he wasn't playing and we were very bad and ineffective without him . Won't even talk about the next season , ridicule comes to mind.

With regards to his injuries , it could have meant the exact same had he stayed at Milan , i don't want to argue about that. The difference being, Milan would still play him afterwards and Kaka would be giving a lot more back , compared to now.

I will reiterate again , why Berlusconi sold him , for one last time. Debt was huge and he didn't want to spend from his pocket once again. Had he paid at least some of it , Kaka wouldn't leave Milan , that's the truth. I just think had he stayed at Milan , his career would have been better today , but that's just me.

I won't deny though , that Berlusconi had to look over the club first . That doesn't bereft him of his only job , to actualy pay for the club , but that's what he did and i am not arguing about this being the sole or main reason behind Kaka's demise ..

He had a part to play though. Especialy when i remember how much he paid all these years for Ronaldinho , which made Kaka's sale a possibility.. You are right though , it's his injuries in the end , not arguing about that.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum