The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Bear
VivaStPauli
Mr Nick09
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Mourinho a great teacher? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Mourinho a great teacher?

Post by chinomaster182 Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:02 am

Thats a big thing to say, anyone remember Pellegrinis team? Not exactly lighting the world on fire.

chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:04 am

He keeps them on track but he doesn't add dimension like someone like Wenger.

Benzema not making direct runs (because his movement in totality is exquisite) off the ball is due to a range of things, it's not really Mourinhio. If you want to say he didn't setup the team in a way that would allow his centre forward to succeed, that probably is conceivable.

Di Maria has improved especially in terms of final product. He just hasn't improved in the key area of decision making.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:06 am

chinomaster182 wrote:Thats a big thing to say, anyone remember Pellegrinis team? Not exactly lighting the world on fire.

It took Mourinho 2 seasons and a poor Barca side to win La Liga. I'm sure any mediocre coach could win La Liga with this current Real Madrid side.

If Pellegrini had been given time, he could have won the treble by now.

Schuster won it in 07-08 when Barca had a poor season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:35 am

I highly disagree, especially on the poor Barca side and saying any mediocre coach could win it.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:14 am

Yohan Modric wrote:A lot of players have improved under Mourinho. However I'm sure they would have done that under any other coach. It's just natural progression and the players getting more experience.

I haven't seen much of Di Maria at Argentina/Benfica, however since he's signed for Real Madrid, his overall play has been inconsistent.

I agree, there is not much progression a coach can make you do. Mou is good at spotting talent, motivation, mind games, and building a team. Players get better with time...not much mou can do about that.

I think that totally up to the player to improve his skills.

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:51 am

Teacher? Nah.
He's supposed to be a coach.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:58 am

Only Pepe and Marcelo were the only two player imo who have improved under Mou. The rest have either stayed at the same level or had better days else where.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:20 am

depends on what you mean by teaching but i'd personally say he is

he doesnt necessary help a player develop per se but bar quaresma he always seems to get the most out of a player. this helps with a players confidence and that transforms into the player performing week in week out.

he also seems to help them acting as a psychologist, like somebody has already mentioned, which will always help a player drill confidence and self belief in themselves to make them perform every game. he helps gives players the never say lose attitude which only the "better" players in the world possess.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:21 pm

ynwa wrote:

he doesnt necessary help a player develop per se but bar quaresma he always seems to get the most out of a player. this helps with a players confidence and that transforms into the player performing week in week out.

I dont think this is true at all.

Its not just bar Quaresma, there have been like a dozen players.

One thing I will say is, I think perhaps people arent reading the question correct. It says GREAT teacher. I dont know what arguement you can make for great teacher.

When I think great, I think Wenger, Guardiola and even Sir Alex...you could name players who with these guys went from nobodies to greats. These to me are great teachers.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:28 pm

I dont know about improvement but he has made the players more effective.

I think ozil, di maria have improved to an extent compared to what they were two years ago , maybe that is because of them getting closer to their peak or playing day in and day out with great players or whatever. Benzema has dome much better than he did in his first season here. Pepe , marcelo, ramos have all improved but that could be the peak arguement all over again..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Was Lampard anything much before Mourinhio?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:38 pm

The Franchise wrote:
ynwa wrote:

I dont think this is true at all.

Its not just bar Quaresma, there have been like a dozen players.

One thing I will say is, I think perhaps people arent reading the question correct. It says GREAT teacher. I dont know what arguement you can make for great teacher.

When I think great, I think Wenger, Guardiola and even Sir Alex...you could name players who with these guys went from nobodies to greats. These to me are great teachers.

well a teachers main job is to get the most out of somebodys development. are you really saying mourinho doesnt do this? chelsea wouldnt be the same side they are today if it werent for mourinho. its not because of the system either. terry, lampard, dider etc wouldnt be the same players they were today if it werent for mou. his team at inter were built on a certain system as is the squad @ madrid. but his players have learned mous methods. and they have improved as players.

i also feel you're very harsh on mou because he coaches a rival to a team that you support. i dont see how you can say pep and not rule mou as a great teacher. they both used a consistent system and players were well suited to it. with that they improved their form and became better players through self belief. who was xavi b4 pep etc? for me being a great tactician and getting the best out of your players is a great teacher as you install a winning mentality in your players and they improve naturally. so mentally yes, mou has taught many players and have helped players develop.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Was Lampard anything much before Mourinhio?

Not sure if serious

Don't remember him raping that Arsenal Invincible team and nearly carrying Chelsea to a CL final by himself if not for Ranieri's calamity tactics?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Gil wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Was Lampard anything much before Mourinhio?

Not sure if serious

Don't remember him raping that Arsenal Invincible team and nearly carrying Chelsea to a CL final by himself if not for Ranieri's calamity tactics?

It was a question and obviously I don't lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:17 pm

I think our defence as a whole has improved bar Arbeloa. BTW, might be only me but I think Xabi has been playing better lately. He seems more comfortable with the ball and doesn't just hoof it when he gets pressured anymore. Improved for me.

I also think Ronaldo has improved, but it might have to do with him maturing as a person. He is less selfish nowadays, but it's also something you can credit to Mou.

Bar that, I also think some of our players have stalled in devolopment. Especially Özil, he really hasn't improved much since his first season imo.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Se7en wrote:I think our defence as a whole has improved bar Arbeloa. BTW, might be only me but I think Xabi has been playing better lately. He seems more comfortable with the ball and doesn't just hoof it when he gets pressured anymore. Improved for me.

I also think Ronaldo has improved, but it might have to do with him maturing as a person. He is less selfish nowadays, but it's also something you can credit to Mou.

Bar that, I also think some of our players have stalled in devolopment. Especially Özil, he really hasn't improved much since his first season imo.

Ya I noticed that.

I think a huge part of that is that since Modric has come the space between the attack and defense has been reduced slightly. Ozil is coming a little deeper for the ball as well.

So he has a shorter option when he turns off his presser.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:21 am

I think the question what players will depart and how well will RM take the blow after Mous gone plays a bigger role. I cant see how getting rid of Mou will do any good.

Mou is a great teacher imo, ever since he was in helm of Porto.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2