Il Diavolo
Swanhends
RedOranje
TalkingReckless
BarrileteCosmico
24 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Elon Musk Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elon Musk Appreciation Thread

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Dr. Octopus origin

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Elon Musk Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elon Musk Appreciation Thread

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:05 pm

He is special, he is just choosing the wrong perception to view it.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:13 pm

The Elon Musk Appreciation Thread - Page 2 136654812_391691458788226_7071352906434646452_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=Q4V5tHBmK0AAX9Wiokk&_nc_ht=scontent.fpoz2-1

Updated: Tesla is now at $730 billion.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:00 pm

Richest person in the world after taking the spot from Bezos.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:59 pm

Amazon are entering healthcare market. Bezos will be back with a vengeance
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:53 pm

I'm not a Musk hater (as evidenced by this thread)... but there's no way that TSLA's current valuation is based off anything other than hype and it will come down at some point. Musk himself was saying TSLA was overvalued earlier last year, and now it's worth 10x more than when he said that. It will pop at some point, and when it does he'll go back to being 20th richest or whatever he was before.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:23 pm

Overhyped. Basically just seller of ideas, usually stupid, like Hyperloopie.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:40 pm

Twitter has agreed to sell itself to Elon Musk, the world’s richest man, in a $44bn (£35bn) deal.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/apr/25/twitter-elon-musk-buy-takeover-deal-tesla

:bow:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:26 pm

hopefully he doesn't ruin what easily is the best app ever to be created
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:29 pm

Sad day. Twitter was pretty much the only "adult" social media, and now it's bought by a snakeoil salesman.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:33 pm

44 billion is ridiculous for an app that barely makes 1bn in revenue. He just bought it as a hobby.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:45 pm

El Gunner wrote:hopefully he doesn't ruin what easily is the best app ever to be created

that would be YouTube! I can't think of another app I use nearly as much by quite a margin.

Twitter and Facebook are, in my view, very dispensable and some would say we'd better off as a society without them.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:23 am

i consider youtube a website because i only use it on my computer Very Happy but yea it's definitely up there as well... what i probably should have said is easily best social media app.

don't ever mention Twitter in the same breath as Facebook... completely different levels and experiences to those two
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:27 am

Basically the billionaires control the world now, everyone in it n that includes info/news that citizens get which favors them which is sad, they collaborate with the gov elites for their benefits only (although it seems in Musk's case he often goes against the gov?), n the trend is just gonna get worst...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:38 am

nah Musk has his ties behind the scenes like everyone else... he just goes against mainstream narratives sometimes to seem like a contrarian or potential political-economic hero towards certain groups (usually the 20 to 45 old twitter and reddit manboys).

Basically just good old populism, which has been thriving since 2015. He's just playing the game like everyone else.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:54 pm

I'm not as "the sky is falling" about this as others might be, but his statements about "freedom of speech" are concerning. I think he'll quickly realize his ideas about content moderation are ridiculous and would destroy the app and will not ultimately make any changes.

I'm pretty sure all that's a facade anyway. It might be that he just wants Twitter for the data or something. Or a weird flex? Idk how rich people work. Least of all Ol' Musky
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:57 pm

Well, he owns Tesla and many other projects that would arguably help humanity, versus a Jeff bezos who doesn’t actually produce anything, his business is entirely service based which hurts the American economy. I’d say there is a difference

Freedom of speech is the centerpiece to a fair town square as he puts it. I can easily say your opinion is wrong and deserves to be silenced. But I won’t. Because just because we disagree on multiple things, doesn’t mean you or I is wrong. It’s just difference of opinions. Which I’m sorry to say, both liberals and conservatives are guilty of not understanding.

Twitter as a company has the right to silence speech however they please. But now the shoe is on the other foot and you can’t be hypocritical being against Twitter (now under elon) doing the opposite and allowing free speech.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:01 pm

But Twitter doesn't shut down free speech. They moderate their content to try to make it a productive space, free of spam, misinformation, and racism/hate speech. It's extremely nuanced. I won't pretend to know much about it, so let me refer you to an expert: https://www.techdirt.com/2022/04/15/elon-musk-demonstrates-how-little-he-understands-about-content-moderation/

It's easy to go "hurr durr free speech", but have fun with an app that allows people to say "kill all the Jews" without any repercussions because that's protected speech
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:59 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:I can easily say your opinion is wrong and deserves to be silenced. But I won’t. Because just because we disagree on multiple things, doesn’t mean you or I is wrong. It’s just difference of opinions. Which I’m sorry to say, both liberals and conservatives are guilty of not understanding.

Is this about Trump getting banned from the platform? If yes, he got dumped not because "they disagree with his views" but for blatantly violating the platform's rules multiple times over.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:36 pm

I don't think there's some evil scheme here. Elon a Twitter power user. He bought it because he wants more say over his favorite hobby. In 2 years he'll forget about it and move on to something else.

That said I'm excited to see what Twitter will be like without bots. That on it's own could end a ton of a misinformation, far more than the moderation he's planning to diminish.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:54 pm

CBarca wrote:But Twitter doesn't shut down free speech. They moderate their content to try to make it a productive space, free of spam, misinformation, and racism/hate speech. It's extremely nuanced. I won't pretend to know much about it, so let me refer you to an expert: https://www.techdirt.com/2022/04/15/elon-musk-demonstrates-how-little-he-understands-about-content-moderation/

It's easy to go "hurr durr free speech", but have fun with an app that allows people to say "kill all the Jews" without any repercussions because that's protected speech

exactly... argued this as well with his stanboy drones on Twitter
where there is society, there will be ethical issues and then there will need to be regulation of some sort...

like i said, Elon is just playing the game, and he is throwing around the term "free speech" as his "make america great again"-esque slogan to get his populist puppies on his side.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:57 pm

Tesla's valuation is based on the new battery tech they're launching, which is insane... and the self-driving software, which is absolutely performing beautifully in beta testing all around North America.

To put it simply, Tesla's new battery, which they design and manufacture, allows for much more range on roughly 65% size of any other battery.  It's Iron-based, not Nickel...  so supply chain isn't an issue either.  They key is efficiency here.  For example, the Model Y will have a battery that is much smaller but gets great performance and range.  Your cost to charge the car goes down and, because it's a smaller battery, replacement cost goes down when that time comes 10 years down the line.

Also, they just launched new frame manufacturing for their cars.  Namely, the entire frame of the cars are in only 2 pieces while most cars are 5+.  Why is it important?  Safety, longevity and takes away manufacturing errors.  Simply put, the most vulnerable parts in any car are in the places where two pieces are welded together.

Tesla could, if it wanted to, undercut the entire EV car market.  But it doesn't need to.  Their profit margins are going to skyrocket.

The new battery tech is similar to Apple launching the M1 chip.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:36 pm

The Elon Musk Appreciation Thread - Page 2 61ba5110

RIP “fact checkers”

Doubt Twitter will change much when the transfer is done though.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:42 pm

oh yea dude definitely has his political intentions... but i guess which multi-billionaire in the world doesn't.

Kanye/Elon ticket for 2024, let's get it :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:54 pm

You know, I don't have a Twitter so I really had no idea how funny Elon was until I checked his Twitter feed yesterday. Dude is hilarious Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:11 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:You know, I don't have a Twitter so I really had no idea how funny Elon was until I checked his Twitter feed yesterday. Dude is hilarious Laughing

It depends on if you find a grown man acting like an edgelord funny or not.

I'm not even an Elon hater by any means, I find that type just as annoying as his fanboys, but it's hard to find much in common with him, or very much to like about him personally. As said, man is a little too much of an edgelord for me, and too often he's completely disingenuous while acting self righteous. I like his work with Tesla, although I'm ignorant to the many allegations people make about his workplace.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next