Bellabong
S
sportsczy
barca 2011
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where will Pep go next?

Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 12 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 27

Where will Guardiola go next? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where will Guardiola go next?

Post by Swanhends Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Pep is going to stay in NYC (In the GOAT USA) and take over as manager of the New York Red Bulls...

And they will somehow still fail to win a Cup :bow: :bow: :bow:

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:19 pm

tuddor wrote: but he is far away from being called a top 5 all time manager based on Barca's achievements... He can prove his abilities with a club that has less value players!

Intresting.

For the record is Sacchi a top 5 coach?

Im sure you see where im going with this.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:32 pm

The Franchise wrote:
tuddor wrote: but he is far away from being called a top 5 all time manager based on Barca's achievements... He can prove his abilities with a club that has less value players!

Intresting.

I see, i understand the arrigo sachi's milan analogy but the post above should be taken as a whole... I was saying that there's a lot more to do for Guardiola in his coaching career , he has very much left in him and shouldn't consider a ridiculous option like Qatar's NT ... Becoming one of the best in history is a challenge for him, and that needs consistency in his results/projects at highest level.. We will see how well he does next, he started amazing so far
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:41 pm

tuddor wrote:So, in your opinion it would be a letdown to choose any of the clubs above (some of them legendary clubs), but it would be ok to take the prostitution path to Qatar.. Nice Very Happy
Massive let down.

Take UCL with Brescia, that's a challenge!
Yes, he's going to take some never heard team in penniless and filthy Serie-A to as a challenge. Get real.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:44 pm

jiopsi wrote:
tuddor wrote:So, in your opinion it would be a letdown to choose any of the clubs above (some of them legendary clubs), but it would be ok to take the prostitution path to Qatar.. Nice Very Happy
Massive let down.

Yes, he's going to take some never heard team in penniless and filthy Serie-A to as a challenge. Get real.
Brescia-never heard team rofl that guardiola has played for... It seems that you know few about your legend guardiola... He has a big respect for Serie A
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:47 pm

tuddor wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Intresting.

I see, i understand the arrigo sachi's milan analogy but the post above should be taken as a whole... I was saying that there's a lot more to do for Guardiola in his coaching career , he has very much left in him and shouldn't consider a ridiculous option like Qatar's NT ... Becoming one of the best in history is a challenge for him, and that needs consistency in his results/projects at highest level.. We will see how well he does next, he started amazing so far

Im dont agree or disagree with your post, im not even saying where he should or what he should do.

I am just saying, If he isnt a top 5 coach for the reason you gave then someone like Sacchi isnt either...so then, who are the top 5?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Swanhends wrote:Pep is going to stay in NYC (In the GOAT USA) and take over as manager of the New York Red Bulls...

And they will somehow still fail to win a Cup :bow: :bow: :bow:

Nah, he'll be the very first manager of the reborn Cosmos.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:56 pm

so then, who are the top 5?
Those who had constant results at highest level and won major trophies (take lippi for example), those who built team from scratch and made them succesfull (see Ferguson).. Those who had great results with different teams where previous managers were not able to achieve that (Mourinho's Porto and Inter).. And generally those who had long term success..
We can judge guardiola's greatness later... If he fails his next projects, obviously we can't call him an all time great...
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:02 pm

But Sacchi is an all time great coach, I cant see how anyone can refute that. He defiantly is.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:But Sacchi is an all time great coach, I cant see how anyone can refute that. He defiantly is.

His situation is still a bit different from Guardiola's, even if his success was related to the Dutch legends, and great defense like Guardiola's messi and spain's top players... He continued Milan's good path at Italy's NT where he had similar players as Milan in the defensive section mainly, if you look overall his career, he had something like 10 years successful period including his parma days... Guardiola did the best he could do so far, but can he continue this way? If he fails to achieve something with his next teams, he would be in doubt..
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Art Morte wrote:Yeah, Guardiola really doesn't look like a person to go coach Qatar - effectively knowing it's a doomed project and being there just for the money.

But I also don't understand how on earth is AC Milan leading this poll...

1. Berlusconi is running for office again.
2. Berlusconi has promised a "Christmas Present" to Milan fans.
3. Milan has 6 million registered supporters of which 4 million are registered voters.
4. Guardiola has said he wants to go to Italy to coach.

Just listen to SiriusXM Football FC, this is all discussed on that show with people that actually know the managers and the players.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgera Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:17 am

If Guardiola somehow happened to end up in a club that's not a 'Very Big Club', it could prove very interesting. For example, Guardiola could become a coach of Betis one day, or maybe Sociedad, or perhaps even a bottom half -club in one of the biggest leagues.

This way he could also gain lots of coaching experience on the way, and if he didn't win the league or top 4 with for example Wigan, it wouldn't necessarily bring his fame down at all.

Belgera
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:23 am

tuddor wrote:
The Franchise wrote:But Sacchi is an all time great coach, I cant see how anyone can refute that. He defiantly is.

His situation is still a bit different from Guardiola's, even if his success was related to the Dutch legends, and great defense like Guardiola's messi and spain's top players... He continued Milan's good path at Italy's NT where he had similar players as Milan in the defensive section mainly, if you look overall his career, he had something like 10 years successful period including his parma days... Guardiola did the best he could do so far, but can he continue this way? If he fails to achieve something with his next teams, he would be in doubt..

His work with Parma was exactly the same as Pep's with Barca B, took them from the 3rd division to the 2nd.

His job with Italy has been considered somewhat as a failure, the team never adapted to his methods the same way his Milan did and in the end, they lost. It was unlucky the way he lost, but unfairly the record will never reflect that.

Right now, him and Sacchi have achieved errily similar thing in errily similar ways.

Sacchi had his NT stint, I hope Pep doesnt follow down that same path.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Harmonica wrote:
Massive let down.

Hmmm penniless and filthy Serie A. Real nice.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:39 pm

wow 10 votes 42% for milan.

are those just hopeful votes? i havent read anything in the media or even just opinions/ educated guesses on here that would suggest that he would go to milan.

i do remember inter rumors when he first left his post at barca but not ac mian.

chelsea, city, united all seem to be front runners imo.. though i still think he will take the national job if vdb leaves after the wc.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:45 pm

If its not for the money he will go to Bayern.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:47 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:wow 10 votes 42% for milan.

i havent read anything in the media or even just opinions/ educated guesses on here that would suggest that he would go to milan.

"Former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola is reportedly in talks with AC Milan about replacing current manager Massimiliano Allegri."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/former-barcelona-manager-pep-guardiola-in-talks-with-ac-milan-8205980.html

"AC Milan President Silvio Berlusconi says he will try to attract Pep Guardiola to be the coach."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/soccer/wires/11/24/2080.ap.soc.ac.milan.berlusconi.1st.ld.writethru.355/index.html#ixzz2F8woSirH

"is very much a deal for both Balotelli and Guardiola that Milan are interested in and they will aim to bring both men to the club."

http://metro.co.uk/2012/11/17/mario-balotelli-on-ac-milans-january-transfer-list-along-with-pep-guardiola-498123/

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:37 pm

Just thought i'd bump this thread.Especially seeing Bayern is not even in the poll rofl

And kudos to whoever got their prediction right Thumbs up .Maybe mods can merge this thread too.

I saw a bumpworthy opportunity and decided to go ahead and bump it.Excuse me for that :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:55 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:If its not for the money he will go to Bayern.

:coffee:
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:41 pm

i dont blame the poll maker for leaving out bayern. pep didnt mention them once in his entire time on vacation.

and literally days before the announcement he was talking to the media about how competitive the english league is and about how great and supportive the fans are.

where were the clues pep? where?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:57 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:i dont blame the poll maker for leaving out bayern. pep didnt mention them once in his entire time on vacation.

and literally days before the announcement he was talking to the media about how competitive the english league is and about how great and supportive the fans are.

don't just rely on media-articles and statements...it was pure logic that Bayern is an option
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:00 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:i dont blame the poll maker for leaving out bayern. pep didnt mention them once in his entire time on vacation.

Well there must have been something because the bookies in England had Bayern as odds on favourites, weeks before the announcement.

I thought he would go to Italy or England even then, but Bayern were always in the shake up.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:21 pm

It was a diversion to keep attention away from Bayern in order to protect Heynckes and prevent the team from being distracted by the speculation. I predicted that Bayern and Guardiola wouldn't go public until the end of the season and that was the original plan, judging by the surprised reaction by Guardiola's camp but something went wrong somewhere and Sky Italia/Di Marzio started claiming a done deal and that in addition to the tz report pretty much ended up drawing attention and speculation to the club. No one really believes Bayerns denials and Bayern held a meeting with Heynckes for the green light to go public.

Last edited by Phritz on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Called it. :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Di Marzio :bow: One of the most reliable journos currently.Most reliable in whole of Italy perhaps including Italian newspapers.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Viva & Firenze & Bayern_Munich :bow:
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next