McAgger
The Franchise
dmize
Gil
Blue Barrett
26 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:29 pm

I dont think so Dom, thats always my first thought too but Lou Williams and Rondo dont fall under this catagory at all. Meanwhile Rose, CP3 and Wall while solidly built arent the most well built point guards.

Yeah, Rubio did tear his running into Kobe. His leg was in a awkward position, very vulnerable and too much of Kobe momentum went into it. It was a freak accident.

Taking care of their bodies I dont know.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 pm

I knew it was a shot in the dark, but I figured it would be best to let you analyze it. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I have not been able to watch as much basketball as I would like over the last couple of years, but I did get into the playoffs last season. Hopefully I can start to watch a little more and I honestly would not mind going out to play some actual basketball.

This is a bit off topic and on topic, but during the last year or so I have found it difficult to support any team (in any sport). There is always this debate of what makes a "true fan" and to be honest, I have already had the conversation in my head. I refuse to support a team because of where I was born and/or where I live, it just does not make sense to me (not to say that I do not understand why other people do it). I have always taken pride in makes choices based on facts and my beliefs (one of the reasons) I would like to think my bias is limited. How did you guys go about supporting the teams you do?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Well I am more of a part time Rockets fan. They are my favorite team historically rather than me being a supporter.

I always liked Hakeem Olujuwon and he played for the Rockets so it was a good fit, then I really liked Steve Francis and Yao Ming. McGrady was always my favourite wing player and when he went to the Rockets that reinforced it.

But I am not a fan like I am of Barca, I dont commit to watching every Rockets game and I am not particular enamored with any of the current players, even if I like 3-4 of them.

If lets say, Bayern play against Real Madrid...thats a great game most neutrals will want to watch, I want to watch that. But if Barca are on at the same time, im not going to watch.

If OKC and the Heat play, im not turning it over to watch the Rockets.

I guess thats the difference.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:47 pm

Bulk may be a contributor but probably not a main cause.

Maybe there's not one single answer and it's a few contributing factors. Or it's a coincidence that it's happened a lot recently, just an anomaly.

I'd like to find a medical article on it. Can't seem to find one though.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:44 am

Andre Drummond has 18 and 18 in 27 minutes. Had a double double after 10 minutes. Damn.

edit: taken out with 5 to play but they have a game tomorrow so I guess that's why
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:59 am

Austin Rivers is having one of the worst seasons statistically, maybe ever.

33% fgs, 31% from 3. Even 53% from the line Laughing

And he's getting worse. In January 27%, 17% 3, 31% FT's.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:14 am

dmize wrote:Andre Drummond has 18 and 18 in 27 minutes. Had a double double after 10 minutes. Damn.

edit: taken out with 5 to play but they have a game tomorrow so I guess that's why

I saw that on ESPN at the bar with some teammates and immediately thought of you - was going to hit you up tonight and ask you how many minutes it took him to get those statistics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:29 am

The Lakers are winning but I don't completely like it. I like the fact that Kobe's posting up and getting people looks but at the same time Nash is having to compromise a whole lot.

He's good at setting those screens and he's probably the best shooter ever - but at the same time it's kind of a waste if that's what he has to do. I really think we need to get him to play with the bench and let him run his system. He can start - but just play when the bench comes in without Kobe.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:39 am

Le Samourai wrote:The Lakers are winning but I don't completely like it. I like the fact that Kobe's posting up and getting people looks but at the same time Nash is having to compromise a whole lot.

He's good at setting those screens and he's probably the best shooter ever - but at the same time it's kind of a waste if that's what he has to do. I really think we need to get him to play with the bench and let him run his system. He can start - but just play when the bench comes in without Kobe.

I agree, this is a short term solution. Kobe isnt going to play this distributing role for the long term.

I dont agree about moving Nash to the 2nd unit though, Kobe plays 38 minutes a game..thats just 10 minutes of Nash running the show, its probably not worth it.

Its actually a bad time for to get good (if its for the short term) because this fools gold could make you think about not making moves.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:40 am

dmize wrote:Austin Rivers is having one of the worst seasons statistically, maybe ever.

Laughing

Why is he so bad? You watch him in college?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:44 am

dmize wrote:Andre Drummond has 18 and 18 in 27 minutes. Had a double double after 10 minutes. Damn.

This guy is a frecking animal. I think we both knew straight away he was going to be a very good player.

As I said before, I cant believe he went 9th. This guy is a unbelievably strong and athletic center who can catch, finish, rebound and block shots.

Not to long alot a talent like this was auto top 5 regardless of needs.

If he gets 30 minutes against the right team, I am predicting a 20-20 game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:
dmize wrote:Austin Rivers is having one of the worst seasons statistically, maybe ever.

Laughing

Why is he so bad? You watch him in college?

He was alright in college, had some good moments. He was faster than most players and more athletic too so he got by on that. But his jumpshot was always broken(if he has any shot of staying it needs to be fixed, you figure a coaches son would have better form).

From watching him a few games this year, he's actually got a good first step. His handle is okay. He can get by his first defender, but his secondary burst isn't quick. He can't finish at the rim. Can't defend, can't use his off hand. Can't play off the ball at all. Can't defend. He can create his own shot but it never goes in so that's pointless.

He fixes his jumper maybe he finds a niche as a role player but that's easier said than done.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:27 pm

THC 10 wrote:

I saw that on ESPN at the bar with some teammates and immediately thought of you - was going to hit you up tonight and ask you how many minutes it took him to get those statistics.
The Franchise wrote:

This guy is a frecking animal. I think we both knew straight away he was going to be a very good player.

As I said before, I cant believe he went 9th. This guy is a unbelievably strong and athletic center who can catch, finish, rebound and block shots.

Not to long alot a talent like this was auto top 5 regardless of needs.

If he gets 30 minutes against the right team, I am predicting a 20-20 game.

27-28 minutes. Woulda been nice if it coulda been in a competitive game(like it was in the 1st half), but the Pistons bench and a few starters laid an egg. Bucks have looked good lately though.

And the Scouts/GMs in this latest draft messed up pretty bad. Thomas Robinson was supposed to be the most "NBA ready", Beal was the next "Ray Allen", Waiters "Wade lite". All pretty inaccurate. Drummonds "red flags" were far overstated and most GM's bought into that too easily. Their loss, Pistons gain.

In the last 30 years the only teenagers with a 18/18 game are Howard and Drummond.
edit:

Last edited by dmize on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:33 pm

cheers Aldridge
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:34 pm

The offense they're running right now is miles better than the Nash expirement. They're too old and slow and have a severe lack of knockdown shooters to make it work.

Dwight gets exposed in that offense, Kobe doesn't get to operate in the low post enough and it's a complete waste of Pau's talents.

I prefer the slower paced offense the Lakers are running, where Nash is pretty much the SG now. The fact players are actually getting touches lately is making them even more engaged on the defensive end.

They should still make some moves though, I personally wouldn't trade Pau because a 7 footer with his skillset is extremely rare & he's been misused all year long but scrubs like Meeks and Duhon who have no business being in the League actually get significant minutes on that team... :facepalm:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:35 pm

Yeah, I heard all the same "only turns it on sometimes" and "low motor" talk...seems to be waffle.

Every year they do it, they compare guys to other players in the league and it rarely pans out.

Waiters is the 3nd Wade-lite I recall, the first was Stuckey, the second being Evans...I think anyone 6-5 and under slasher with a so-so jumper gets compared to Wade for some reason.

From what I seen of Robinson, he looks like he is just a rebounder and energy guy who doesnt see thats his role. Being on the Kings dont help anyone, they have ruined Evans who is actually talented too..but yeah..he has the body but he dont like very ready at all.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:37 pm

Dmize, Portland are the United of the NBA. They have no business winning the amount of games they have this year. Their entire starting 5 suddenly becomes 85-86 Celtics with under 5 minutes to go.

Can't stand them.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:45 pm

Gil wrote:The offense they're running right now is miles better than the Nash expirement. They're too old and slow and have a severe lack of knockdown shooters to make it work.

Dwight gets exposed in that offense, Kobe doesn't get to operate in the low post enough and it's a complete waste of Pau's talents.

I prefer the slower paced offense the Lakers are running, where Nash is pretty much the SG now. The fact players are actually getting touches lately is making them even more engaged on the defensive end.

They should still make some moves though, I personally wouldn't trade Pau because a 7 footer with his skillset is extremely rare & he's been misused all year long but scrubs like Meeks and Duhon who have no business being in the League actually get significant minutes on that team... :facepalm:

I agree but I dont think this will last. The minute guys stop making shots, the second guys stop making cuts and doing the right things off the ball...Kobe will go back to, "screw you guys, ill do this alone then" and it will go to crap.

Gasol needs to find a comfortable place as a guy who can flash to the rim and high-low passer rather than shooter (aint ever going to be a post up scorer again with this coach or roster)..which aint easy for the long term, Howard has to set real screens and stop diving to the rim before they are set and still to it when/if back heals..if he comes to the conclusion that once he is a 100% he wants the ball on the low block again its going to stall..and then Nash has to remain happy being a spot up shooter...I don think its all going to stick and the moment it doesnt Kobe will go back to shooting. The only reason he is willing to play this way now is because guys are accepting they arent controlling the offence like that did in their old teams. When they forget about that again, it will fall apart again.

I agree they have to slow it down and I agree other players doing well gives them more defensive effort, but this Kobe part time passer role wont last. He averaged 8 assists in the 09 finals, but it didnt stick then either.

I wouldnt want to trade Pau either, but they do need to make moves. What are they going to offer?

If Hill wasnt injured, they could of done something with him but alas..
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:49 pm

dmize wrote:

cheers Aldridge

Im going to assume that 1st play wasnt drawn for LMA Laughing

But two clutch shots none the less.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:
From what I seen of Robinson, he looks like he is just a rebounder and energy guy who doesnt see thats his role. Being on the Kings dont help anyone, they have ruined Evans who is actually talented too..but yeah..he has the body but he dont like very ready at all.

Robinson gets his shot blocked far too much from what I've seen. I think he's probably only like 6'7(was supposedly 6'9 out of college) so he needs to become more crafty around the hoop. He should watch how Millsap plays and emulate that.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:54 pm

Gil wrote:Dmize, Portland are the United of the NBA. They have no business winning the amount of games they have this year. Their entire starting 5 suddenly becomes 85-86 Celtics with under 5 minutes to go.

Can't stand them.

Mavs especially must hate them. I know LMA had a game winner against them last year also Laughing

Good to see Dirk scoring well though
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Rudy Gay to Toronto for Ed Davis/Calderon is getting closer to being done. Makes no sense to me.

Calderon could go to a 3rd team though

And supposedly Josh Smith is going to be moved real soon.

edit: Done Deal
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8898673/sources-memphis-grizzlies-agree-principle-trade-rudy-gay-toronto-raptors

Sounds like the Pistons will move Prince or Maggette for Calderon right after.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:51 pm

So basically, Prince and Ed Davis for Gay? Pistons gets Calderon.

Do I have that correct?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Haddadi to the Raptors also and there is some picks involved I think.

And yeah it'll probably be Prince and not Maggette because then Pistons swap Princes deal for another expiring. Pistons will have all this cap space this summer with no one to use it on.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:10 pm

Yeah dont like it, no wing player to create their own shot, not enough scoring in general.

Prince has lost at least a step defensively, Allen isnt a scorer....Gasol is as much a creator as scorer, Conely is a traditional point...Z-Bo is really the only guy you can go, okay have the ball, go score. And even then, he is performing better than ever for the Grizz because he gave up the ball a little bit and got on the offensive glass.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:08 am

Yeah, really doesn't make sense. They get a defender that's all, and improve their second unit.

Grizz players obviously don't like it http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/30/3934448/rudy-gay-trade-tony-allen-mike-conley-reaction/in/3619169

Calderon to Detroit is intriguing. They actually get a true PG. P&R with Drummond should be fun to watch. Idk what they'll do with Knight. Bring him off the bench or move him to the 2.

And they got out of Princes deal which I think has 2 more years @ 7m after this year.

edit: And this needed to be posted rofl

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next