VanDeezNuts
Onyx
Rev
crazzyblanco
13 posters

Go down

Real plan massive squad overhaul Empty Real plan massive squad overhaul

Post by crazzyblanco Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:54 pm

http://www.espnstar.com/football/primera-liga/news/detail/item908547/Report:-Real-plan-squad-shakeup/

What do you guys think? Who will go and who will stay? And do you really think that mou will still be in charge next summer?
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Real plan massive squad overhaul Empty Re: Real plan massive squad overhaul

Post by crazzyblanco Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:56 pm

And who are the players which will most likely be shown the door?? Ronaldo?? If he does go where will he end up?
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Real plan massive squad overhaul 1j4a10
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by crazzyblanco Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:04 pm

just for the sake of discussion if it happened. Who do you think will leave and who will come in?
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:13 pm

While Falcao and Bale's purchases aren't impossible are they really needed?

Benz is doing a great job atm, and to me Di Maria's on the same level as Bale. (maybe even higher if he could find some consistency)

Higgy isn't complaining about his rotational role even though that bubble will burst sooner or later.

Neymar is pretty much bound for Barca in my eyes, but you never know.

All in all I think Real's problem is more of a tactical or mental than a personal. The individual talents of their players are all there to see, but they don't seem that determined and focused as last year.

Maybe a change in the coaching staff (not necessarily Mou) or a new tactical setup or whatever could have a positive influence on their season.

THIS team should be up there with Barca, but they don't look like a team at the moment.

Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:39 pm

I guess since we're after Falcao one of them will be Benzema/Higuain. However hopefully we get Neymar.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:17 pm

real have been known to make panic buys in these situations.

not terribly recently though so i hope it doesnt happen, especially not the players they named- falcao, bale, neymar. we dont need any of them imo

but if we are talking transfers id say we need a RB like debuchy or piszczek.. and a midfielder like moutinho, or if we can get granero back.

everything else we are fine unless we can get a good deal on an AM that could rotate with both di maria and ozils position for depth.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by crazzyblanco Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:51 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:real have been known to make panic buys in these situations.

not terribly recently though so i hope it doesnt happen, especially not the players they named- falcao, bale, neymar. we dont need any of them imo

but if we are talking transfers id say we need a RB like debuchy or piszczek.. and a midfielder like moutinho, or if we can get granero back.

everything else we are fine unless we can get a good deal on an AM that could rotate with both di maria and ozils position for depth.
vanDEEZ wrote:real have been known to make panic buys in these situations.

What about kaka then? We still have him. And modric as well. If another am comes in wont it create more problems than solve?
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:04 pm

There is literally no feasible purchase on earth for Real Madrid to make this January whose price would be justified by the marginal increase in output provided by their inclusion in the starting XI rather than one of their existing regulars already in place...no new personnel necessary, they just need to sack up and win. Simple as that.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:19 pm

@crazzyblanco - kaka is not good enough to play CAM, and hes not versatile enough to cover di marias position.

@justdoit - our RB position is an absolute dead weight position. arbeloa has been absolutely awful the past 12 months. any capable RB would be a HUGE improvement to arbeloa who is one of the slowest players in top flight, is constantly out of position -cant track back quick enough, can barely make a tackle and supplies nothing offensively.

all arbeloa does when hes not injured now is foul opposing players.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:19 pm

justdoit_ wrote:There is literally no feasible purchase on earth for Real Madrid to make this January whose price would be justified by the marginal increase in output provided by their inclusion in the starting XI rather than one of their existing regulars already in place...no new personnel necessary, they just need to sack up and win. Simple as that.

They still need a good right back.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 am

I'm guessing either Higgy or Benz may go for Falcao or another top striker to come in. They need a right back. Invest in maybe Zabaleta or Richards from City though it will come to a cost. They will need to find someone as trusting Arbeloa is going to ask for trouble...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:36 am

It's barely December and already talk of an overhaul?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:58 am

Thats why its called rumours...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:43 am

well, it is midway through december. only a little over 2 weeks away from the opening of the transfer window.

its a common topic around this time. particularly when a club like real madrid is doing so poorly.

will these transfers happen? doubt it. but madrid do need a big dressing up. primarily in the RB position. if madrid make any signing and leaves RB unchanged it will be the biggest tragedy of the transfer window.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:44 am

justdoit_ wrote:There is literally no feasible purchase on earth for Real Madrid to make this January whose price would be justified by the marginal increase in output provided by their inclusion in the starting XI rather than one of their existing regulars already in place...no new personnel necessary, they just need to sack up and win. Simple as that.

It would be impossible for me to put it better than you have :bow:

And yes, Madrid could do with a better RB, but from there to "a big dressing up"...

Any more than two purchases will hurt the team much more that it will help, especially in the long run,
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:31 am

The Sanchez wrote:Thats why its called rumours...
Still. Talk about panic mode, lol. Not anyone here, just those writers
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:53 am

People should see the speech Perez just did and stop reading made-up bs

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:13 am

Call me crazy but why not put Ramos back in RB and find a new CB, surely that'll be easier, seeing as there are barely any good RB left to buy.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:19 am

Ramos is better at CB.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:42 pm

Remind me why Caravajal is playing at Bayer now?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Phritz wrote:Remind me why Caravajal is playing at Bayer now?

Rudi Völler.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Does anyone else have the feeling that a break-up has been somewhat in the planning stages for a little while?
Current Squad:
----------Benz/Higgy
----CR7------Ozil-----DiMaria
---------Alonso-Khedira
Marcelo---------------- Arbeloa
----------Pepe-----Ramos
--------------Casillas

Let’s assume that any clear-out would include Ronaldo due to his histrionics becoming unbearable. Alonso would likely be moved on as he’s not getting any younger. Ozil has failed to truly inspire confidence at times this season (just going off of many vocal opinions on here and news outlets, as I personally rate him highly). Arbeloa has never been great (even at LFC). Finally, Benzema and Higuain are not seen as producing at a level that can compete with Barca (in fairness, only one person has every scored 88 goals… well, two if you believe the Zambian F.A.) That leaves the squad looking approximately like this:
-----------(Open)
(Open)--- (Open)-----DiMaria
--------(Open)--Khedira
Marcelo----------------(Open)
----------Pepe-----Ramos
--------------Casillas

Striker: Could be Falcao, if you believe the rumors. Let’s be honest, the tapping up has already commenced. This time, instead of a napkin, he used a joke… If not Falcao, then Benzema and Higuain are good enough if supported well. (If Falcao doesn’t work out, maybe Super Mario, aka. Monalisa, will be available.) rofl

LW: Bale, while far from nailed on, would appear to be a good fit here. He’s not the mercurial talent that Ronaldo is, but he could lend a fair amount of production with a more natural winger’s positioning.

CAM: If maintained as a true CAM slot, the only “hot” name on the market is Isco. I have no idea how realistic this transfer might be, but he is just the sort of hot-prospect that Madrid have been eeager to snatch in previous windows. On the other hand, if they want to play with more of a 3-man midfield, Modric would be perfect in the slightly more advanced midfield role with Khedira and a true DM behind him.

DM: I see this whole as being suited for a true DM in the Macherano mold more than the Alonso mold. Essien won’t be sticking around for long, as he is only filling the need for a true DM temporarily. Someone like Javi Martinez would have been ideal, but he’s unlikely to move from Munich in the near future. Given the French influence (Benzema and Varane), I could see Yann M’Vila filling this spot in the near future. I believe him to be quality enough to make the transition to a big club like RM, and in the last window he seemed to be ready to make the move.

RB: This one is a bit tricky… If I were selecting one, I would test Juve’s resolve to keep Lichtsteiner. He’s been somewhat out of form recently in Juve’s RWB role, with Juve preferring Isla over him at times. Even so, he has class, and is more than competent in defense, and quite capable of getting forward and providing width. With him no longer looking irreplaceable, and Juve needing funds for a world-class striker, now might be the time to pounce.

RW: I know I didn’t mention Di Maria as a candidate for replacement, but I could see him being displaced by Benzema should Falcao be brought in. Many believe that Benzema’s skill set could lend itself better to a more withdrawn role than the line-leading striker. The acquisition of Falcao could be just the pretense a manager needs to move him wide.

So, the squad could be:
------------Falcao
---Bale------Isco-----DiMaria
--------M’Vila--Khedira
Marcelo----------------Lichtsteiner
----------Pepe-----Ramos
--------------Casillas
Or…
------------Falcao
---Bale---------------Benzema
-------------Modric
--------M’Vila--Khedira
Marcelo----------------Lichtsteiner
----------Pepe-----Ramos
--------------Casillas

Disclaimer: This is obviously not realistic in January, or even a single summer window. It’s only meant as food for thought and a conversation piece.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down