SuperMAG
The Sanchez
McAgger
Mamad
Mr Nick09
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

EC: Madrid pricing CR at 150m, PSG ready to pay - Page 2 Empty Re: EC: Madrid pricing CR at 150m, PSG ready to pay

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:44 pm

rwo power wrote:
Se7en wrote:Does Bayern and Dortmund play in La Liga? They're great examples but we don't have a consistent scorer other than CR. On top of that the rest of our team is so inconsistent, I can hardly see us winning La Liga without CR.
As a matter of fact, that always struck me odd about La Liga. Both Real and Barca practically rely on only one player to score goals. In the BL, you will very rarely see a player scoring even as much as 30 goals, but our teams usually distribute the goal scoring load between several players. Isn't it actually pretty risky to rely only on one player to score? I mean, if that player gets injured, you'd be in serious trouble. Wouldn't it be more sensible to rather have several players who score maybe less, but still consistently?

Lets look at last year:

Schalke had Huntelaar scored 48 goals last year with Raul coming 2nd in 21 goals in all comps.

Dortmund had Lewandowski score 30 in all comps while Kagawa was 2nd with over 12 goals.

Bayern Munich had Mario Gomez score 41 goals in all comps while their 2nd highest scorer didn't even reach 20.

Real Madrid had Cristiano Ronaldo score 62 yet Karim Benzema and Gonzalo Higuiain scored 32 and 26 respectively.

Barcelona's Lio Messi had scored 73 goals but when you have the best player of all time along with a front line injury crisis it wise to build the team around such a player as a solution (Barca scored 114 in the Liga alone). I don't have to mention how Reus, Pizzaro and Harnik carried their teams on their backs.

So I don't know how its any different from La Liga and Bundesliga except for that La Liga has Cristiano and Messi who are miles above anyone in Bundesliga. Its only natural to build a team around such specimens of players.

Last edited by Arquitecto on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

EC: Madrid pricing CR at 150m, PSG ready to pay - Page 2 Empty Re: EC: Madrid pricing CR at 150m, PSG ready to pay

Post by Lord Hades Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Obviously we dont need to buy all these players, but yeah with our revenue we can buy sagna de rossi and neymar ( i.e. if they all want to come) without selling ronaldo , it has been done before and we can cover the expenses .
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Madrid are a selling club :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Bollock news. Paris don't need to splash € 150 million on a declining 28 year old to win freaking Ligue 1.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:41 pm

people make it seem as if we would play with 10 men if ronaldo were to be sold.

people also make it seem as if ronaldo is our only goal scorer. please take a look and benzema and higuains stats- they are incredible and they SHARE playing time

also take into account that ronaldo takes about 75% of our teams shots. 100% of the penalties and about 90% of the free kicks

i said this before and ill likely say it again- there was a time when we didnt have ronaldo and we will inevitably reach a time when we no longer have ronaldo in the future its not the end of the world.

we might as well cash in on a player who has reached his peak already, and who is unhappy with our club.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Please make this happen, then Nerman rejects mehdrid for Barca will be beautiful and then they panic buy Bale :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:08 pm

What happened to FFP?

The legal Mafia Fifa will bow down to rich clubs. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Just because he has reached his peak is no reason to sell him lol, its not as if he is declining. In fact he has been among the few good players in this terrible season to mention the previous ones. I am all for replacing players on merit even if they are likeable, but it needs to make sense first.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:47 am

Madrid will be weak without Ronaldo, your most consistent player and you'll be stuck with Dive Maria starting every game xD
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:06 am

here comes another 20 yr of barca dominaiton (after mou and ronaldo leave) where the hell was that "team" before ronaldo came? why would we suddenly change our mentality to build that "team" ... all the galacticos did was embarrass real madrid to shame.

i would rather sell a package of higuain benzema alonso arbeloa than sell ronaldo... because he is the guy who consistently saves real madrid's ass.... while the players listed choke... iker is getting worse and worse... too

tsk tsk sad times
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:01 am

Pshh we should keep Ronaldo. Get Falcao and James Rodriguez.

Why? Because I despise Di Maria on the right.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:13 am

Ronaldo doesn't have to go. It isn't his fault that arbeloa sucks balls, our midfield is disjointed, and di maria being incredibly inconsistent.

I also don't like the argument that ronaldo is a dumb player. He has proven this season that he is a great team player. Watch any match and you'll see. Sure he takes alot of shots, but have you seen our other players take long shots? Trust me, you don't want to Laughing

I do agree that he is 28 years old, and I'd prefer to see higuain and benzema flourish long term, but not now. We are in a dire situation, and at the moment like it or not we need cristiano ronaldo
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:24 am

Swanhends wrote:Madrid are a selling club :coffee:

actually every player they buy is automatically a potential peanuts buy for us rofl
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:45 am

inb4benzemaovermessi

RM would be stupid to sell Ronaldo. Can't see it happening either.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:51 am

Ronaldo is a burden when he's not scoring. I hate his guts this season. He really wouldn't be lost. Players would play much better as a team without him. Oezil is a prime example of that. He's an ultimate team player but his game suffers when he and the team have to play to a prima-donna's strengths. Same goes with Benzema, Di Maria, Pipita, and the defense.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:02 am

Not buying he can't adapt to the team. The side worked out very well last season.

There's been poor performances by 3/4 of the squad. Ronaldo isn't the problem. He's a scapegoat.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:15 am

If it were not for Ronaldo Mehdrid might of not even made Champions this season.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:22 am

hmm long ago i read(had glance) an article about one of the previous managers of Real Madrid saying the problem Mourinho is facing is want a away players , well i never was interested so i read and didn't care but its related to that i guess hmm
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:57 am

Donuts wrote:If it were not for Ronaldo Mehdrid might of not even made Champions this season.

So the squad without Ronaldo isn't capable of qualifying for the last 16? I mean yeh he does score a lot of goals etc, but if he wasn't here right now, someone else would/we'd play as a team more.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:38 pm

do it PSG, go for it
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:39 pm

The day Madrid sell Ronaldo and replace him with quality team oriented players is the day I start fearing Madrid.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:42 pm

Sushi Master wrote:The day Madrid sell Ronaldo and replace him with quality team oriented players is the day I start fearing Madrid.

That's the problem... because he dominates the ball so much, our ceiling is limited. I think last year was the best we were ever going to get with CR7 as the centerpiece unfortunately.

I personally don't want him at PSG either. He's kill the growth of players like Lucas Moura and Veratti.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:The day Madrid sell Ronaldo and replace him with quality team oriented players is the day I start fearing Madrid.

That's the problem... because he dominates the ball so much, our ceiling is limited. I think last year was the best we were ever going to get with CR7 as the centerpiece unfortunately.

I personally don't want him at PSG either. He's kill the growth of players like Lucas Moura and Veratti.
Agreed. It's why when we did those Bayern vs. Madrid teams I always picked Ribéry ahead of Ronaldo, and people found it hilarious. Player vs. player it does not make sence, but when you put in what they offer to the team there's a vast difference.

It's not like you'll miss the goals with Benzema and Higuain.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Ribery ahead of CR7 Laughing

Thanks for laughs.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Actually,we preferred Ribery over CR7 but Bayern wouldn't sell if i recall correctly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Having CR7 on the pitch is the same as playing 2 strikers on a whatever formation. Because of his ego RM dosent click collectivly but its more to do with than having him around. Most of the blame goes to players who fail to deliver accordingly to keep the offense happy. We tend to struggle tho atm.

Özil and Di maria being an prime example.

the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next