Gil
42 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

David Villa - Page 2 Empty Re: David Villa

Post by peerless Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:32 am

Donuts wrote:
futbol wrote:
And LOL @ Serie A if this guy can score 4 goals in a game over there. He's got 0 goals so far in La Liga this season. 0. ZERO. NULL.صفر. sıfır. нула. 零. nul. nolla. zéro. μηδέν. ゼロ. cero.
where do you get your bad stats from? he scored a winner against Sevilla and that's just 1 goal from the top of my head apparently he's scored 5 in the league, but thanks for showing us the different languages to zero. :coffee:

What in the world are you talking about? He's talking about how Alexis Sanchez scored 4 goals in a match against Palermo in the Serie A, but cannot score a single goal this season in La Liga. The extra languages are just to show emphasis on his lack of goalscoring abilities this La Liga season.

peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:38 am

Sanchez isn't scoring as much because there is less space behind the defence. With Udinese they played mostly on the counter so Sanchez had loads of Space to run into. With Barcelona facing compact tight dfences that sit deep constantly and refuse to get drawn out of their positions, it is far harder to score when playing for that team. Its not a question of league vs league.

Sanchez would score for fun if he played in the Real Madrid team last season because of how quick they counter attacked.

OT

Villa has wanted to leave Barcelona and will probably have left if not for that massive injury. He is not happy with playing second fiddle to Messi and this has been reported for over a year so its clearly not being made up. Where there is smoke there is most likely fire. I said it last year, he needs to leave Barcelona.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:19 am

Agree with all of this ^

peerIess wrote:
Donuts wrote:
futbol wrote:
And LOL @ Serie A if this guy can score 4 goals in a game over there. He's got 0 goals so far in La Liga this season. 0. ZERO. NULL.صفر. sıfır. нула. 零. nul. nolla. zéro. μηδέν. ゼロ. cero.
where do you get your bad stats from? he scored a winner against Sevilla and that's just 1 goal from the top of my head apparently he's scored 5 in the league, but thanks for showing us the different languages to zero. :coffee:

What in the world are you talking about? He's talking about how Alexis Sanchez scored 4 goals in a match against Palermo in the Serie A, but cannot score a single goal this season in La Liga. The extra languages are just to show emphasis on his lack of goalscoring abilities this La Liga season.
This is so, so low. Anyone who's actually watched Sanchez in Italy knows that he is a very talented player. Alexis and Di Natale at Udinese were one of the best forward pairings in the league. If Barca doesn't bring out his best, it's hardly the fault of Serie A, nor does this comparison prove anything with regards to this pathetic little league vs league debate you've attempted to get going. This topic is so far from a league vs league debate that it is very sad that you even brought it up. I hope that was read in an unapologetically scathing tone.

~~~

Villa will surely leave. He's probably got one last top quality spell in him playing for another club. Barca don't want him or seem to need him so why would a striker of his calibre stay?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:25 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Agree with all of this ^

peerIess wrote:
Donuts wrote:

This is so, so low. Anyone who's actually watched Sanchez in Italy knows that he is a very talented player. Alexis and Di Natale at Udinese were one of the best forward pairings in the league. If Barca doesn't bring out his best, it's hardly the fault of Serie A, nor does this comparison prove anything with regards to this pathetic little league vs league debate you've attempted to get going. This topic is so far from a league vs league debate that it is very sad that you even brought it up. I hope that was read in an unapologetically scathing tone.

~~~

Villa will surely leave. He's probably got one last top quality spell in him playing for another club. Barca don't want him or seem to need him so why would a striker of his calibre stay?

I was merely helping the other poster express his opinion. I do not believe in it, but that "Donuts" fellow did not understand what "futbol" was trying to say. He mis-interpreted his statement, and thought that "futbol" was talking about David Villa, when he was talking about Alexis Sanchez instead.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:06 am

don't turn this into serie a vs la liga thread
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:37 am

I think Villa will be a Chelsea player before the end of January. Makes too much sense.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:53 am

The villa situation is a great chance for Messi haters to find him faults but to me it looks much more like a simple tactical choice. Villanova prefers to use traditional wingers instead of wide forwards. So Villa losses ground to play in the left. He has to compete with Messi for centre forward and of course he is not going to be able to win that one.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:06 am

Gil wrote:I think Villa will be a Chelsea player before the end of January. Makes too much sense.

you thought the same about Sahin :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:27 am

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/villa-seguira-hasta-junio-2282380
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:43 pm

Is he still recovering from the injury ?

dont know why meh players like Alexis sanchez are starting ahead of him really.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Adit wrote:Is he still recovering from the injury ?

dont know why meh players like Alexis sanchez are starting ahead of him really.

Because Villa can't play on the right.... use you're brain for once please.

Villa is not playing because of Iniesta/Fabregas not Pedro/Sanchez.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Positions only really matter when you're defending anyway. Especially in a team which allows (encourages?) Iniesta, a theoretical winger to say "fck it, I'm going to see what Xavi is up to" and move to the centre.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Except that he has played there occasionally and Villa at the right is alot better than Alexis.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Of course Zeal but it still doesn't take away from the fact that Iniesta and Fabregas form is the reason Villa is on the bench.

Not Sanchez or Pedro, they are not anything to do with him.

Also its not just defending, its passing opportunities too and its a lot easier for Villa to create opportunities on the left.

One of Barca's problems is that no one on the right is performing or just incapable of playing there.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:13 pm

I agree with the "He finds it easier to create chances on the right" part but that still doesn't justify the rigid positions, especially on a team where it's ok for attacking players to drift into other areas.

The fact that no one else seems to be able to make the right wing their own is enough reason to at least try Villa there. But that won't happen because the reason Villa isn't playing has nothing to do with positions or other players doing better than him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Pedro should play at RW with Villa on the left. Iniesta back to CM alongside Xavi.

There's no need for Fabregas.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Nope Villa cannot play on the right, we tried it, he is VERY silent and we cant use any if his skill.

The entire reason Villa, and most strikers actually play well out side on the flank is their marker is afraid of letting them come inside onto their strong foot. So he can use that fear to do many things.

The fullback when Villa is on the right know Villa doesnt want to take it with his left, he can, but he doesnt want to, so he cuts off his right and forces Villa down the line.

Its too difficult to ask him to check inside and play passes and be a shooting threat with his weak foot.

No, the left side is where he is can, should and is effective playing.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:45 pm

The Franchise wrote:Nope Villa cannot play on the right, we tried it, he is VERY silent and we cant use any if his skill.

The entire reason Villa, and most strikers actually play well out side on the flank is their marker is afraid of letting them come inside onto their strong foot. So he can use that fear to do many things.

The fullback when Villa is on the right know Villa doesnt want to take it with his left, he can, but he doesnt want to, so he cuts off his right and forces Villa down the line.

Its too difficult to ask him to check inside and play passes and be a shooting threat with his weak foot.

No, the left side is where he is can, should and is effective playing.

Not gonna dispute that. Villa is obviously better on the left but it seems that Barca are dead set on playing Iniesta there so I was just making suggestions. I don't think him starting on the right then drifting to the centre would be bad at all but like you said he'd have to venture outside his comfort zone and while that may not be good if you're a usual starter it sort of has to happen if you want to force your way into the team. Could be a case of a old dog not learning new trick I'm afraid.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Well there are many players who are uncomfortable playing the other side, its just about their skillset and what they like to do.

If you put Messi on the left, he would be terrible, another example.

I am fine with Pedro on the right mostly, I dont like how sometimes he seems un-subbable, but other than that, im good with it.

Its the left that is awful when we dont use a real forward, people got caught up in 4-5 decent games out of Iniesta-Cesc-Alba trio out there but it was bound to unravel as I predicted because its just structurally bad. Iniesta could on perform miracles so long in that position, it surprised inferior teams, but it just dont make no sense anymore. We can still win in this way, we beat Malaga and if Pedro dont miss an easy chance we might of beat you and people may still think its okay...but it makes it much more difficult.

Villa has been kept on, I expect that, combined with the obvious flaw we have without someone on the left means he now gets a fair shake at things. I understood earlier in the season when Tello or Alexis played out there ahead of him, people dont come back from a broken leg and jump straight back in like its normal...but thats gone now, he is actually back and capable of playing.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:55 am

One thing though is that strikers don't just get in the game and recover form... it takes a bit if time. Being a scorer is as much about confidence as skill. Second, Villa has had big injuries and he's older. He'll need to adapt to his new profile. Will Barca have the patience for that? Even bigger question... do Barca want to invest into Villa if they intend to move him in the summer?

Just like Kaka at Madrid, i think Villa is just being wasted at Barca. A shame really.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Do you guys consider Iniesta a LW now or will he be moved out right to make room for Neymar?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Iniesta will move back to CM imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:31 pm

Gil wrote:Do you guys consider Iniesta a LW now or will he be moved out right to make room for Neymar?

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Yep, signing Neymar is all well and good but there needs to be a way to fit in Neymar, Cesc and Iniesta and a playmaker on top of it.

With Xavi eventually going only Thiago can fulfill his role or maybe Busquets if you change things tactically but Cesc and Iniesta are incapable of fulfilling said role.

Cesc is really the elephant in the room tbh, forcing Tito to play Iniesta out wide thus no Villa and with Neymar what do you do? i doubt Neymar can play wide right and Cesc and Iniesta can't play in the same midfield.

If Cesc wasn't signed it would be an easy choice but Cesc makes all these players difficult to fit in.

Such an unnecessary signing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Why does Fabregas have to start?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Why does Fabregas have to start?

He doesn't but he will.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Pedro should play at RW with Villa on the left. Iniesta back to CM alongside Xavi.

There's no need for Fabregas.
So... you want to turn back the clock a few years, then?...

Well, I guess it worked for them in 2010-11. Why wouldn't it still work now?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next