Motogp69
Kaladin
nh01
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Transfer News Empty Transfer News

Post by nh01 Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:16 am

Players we have been linked to and players you would like us to bring in.

A couple recent ones;

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/121228/spurs-arsenal-liverpool-and-man-city-all-eyeing-betis-star-1

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-spurs-ready-1504330

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8363741/Wesley-Sneijder-s-agent-has-cooled-talk-linking-him-with-Tottenham
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Transfer News Empty Re: Transfer News

Post by Kaladin Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:56 am

I don't know if Sneijder will flourish in Spurs or if he would like to follow VdV's route.

There are also reports that link Sandro to PSG, don't know if thats good or bad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:54 am

AVB to renew attempts to sign Moutinho

This is the must of the transfer window. If this happens I would be willing to ride out the rest of the year with what we already have.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:18 am

Dembele and Moutinho? :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Moddaws Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:17 am

El Shaarawy wrote: Dembele and Moutinho? :bow:

Goal scoring machines hmm

Moddaws
Moddaws
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Real Madrid in talks for Bale

If this happens, and I don't think there is really any way we can stop this move even with Modric becoming a glorified sub at Real, I think we need to free Nani from United.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:49 am

There are also reports that link Sandro to PSG, don't know if thats good or bad

With the way Sandro has been playing this season- bad. Unless they can pay up, we're not letting go of him. Sandro has been nothing short of a revelation this season with Spurs, and he's been one of our best players this season IMO. His grit and steel in the midfield is crucial, and he's been the best DM in the league in my opinion. I want 25 million euros at least before Sandro leaves, which should scare off PSG. He's got a contract till 2016.

If Real Madrid comes knocking, there is nothing we can do about Bale. We have to let him go. But- like Modric- every man has his price. Hopefully we can get somewhere around 50 million pounds and I'll be happy- and that may even be low for Levy. I think we can replace Bale adequately with several players with that money- and with him signing a contract this summer, he won't go cheap. Levy will push hard for a deal that's even more than I have outlined.

I'm not sure I want anyone this January. I think if we can snatch Moutinho that's great, that's my dream player for Tottenham since the summer, and the dream player for AVB. However, the January transfer window has inflated prices, and going after a Porto player means he'll be expensive. I heard we got him down to around 25 million euros in the summer- but in January? Porto are probably looking for 30+ million euros, and then there is the issue of wages, which is the reason we couldn't get it done in the summer. I'm not sure it will happen.

Other than Moutinho though, I've not been impressed with any of the players we've been linked with. I think maybe we should just wait for summer and go after some of the players AVB wanted in the summer- Moutinho and Willian are both players AVB wanted, and I agree that both are fantastic players who I'd love to see at White Hart Lane.

Nani is a good shout as well, I wouldn't mind seeing him here as a replacement for Bale.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:57 am

Moddaws wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote: Dembele and Moutinho? :bow:

Goal scoring machines hmm

Perhaps they aren't, but this midfield pairing- if it happens- will be the best in the Premier League. Their composure, creativity, and control in the midfield would be a delight to watch and the best we've ever had. We would just need a world class striker and our wingers to chip in with goals and we're set. Moutinho could also hang a bit deeper and allow Dembele to roam forward more- and despite him not really showing it this season, Dembele has goals in him.

Bale--Dempsey/Sig--Lennon
---Dembele---Moutinho----

Best midfield in the league IMO.

--Dembele---Moutinho---
---------Sandro---------

OR

-----Dempsey/Sig-----
-Dembele---Moutinho--

Are both among the best in the EPL as well.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:55 am

id like to see nani come to spurs, would hate to see bale leave, but understand it. Also can't see snieijder come in at all...
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 am

Being linked to Holtby of late
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:21 am

According to reports, Tottenham are ready to rival with Arsenal into getting David Villa. Thoughts about this?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:34 am

Schalke's Lewis Holtby on the verge of signing a pre-contract with Spurs ahead of a free transfer in the summer according to reports.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:56 am

As a Barca fan and you too Sanchez, you should be cautious about this rumor. I don't think David Villa is going anywhere, and I think if he did, it would not be to Tottenham or Arsenal. I think he'd prefer going somewhere where he has also been linked- Juventus.

But I don't think Villa is going anywhere, the media are linking him with everybody.

Yes we have.

Schalke's Lewis Holtby on the verge of signing a pre-contract with Spurs ahead of a free transfer in the summer according to reports.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/holtby-favours-switch-to-tottenham-8436198.html

My question is...my knowledge of Holtby is limited, but doesn't he play as the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1? And I don't think he could play as a striker, as he is a midfielder- with our main pairing being Dembele-Sandro in the 4-4-2 and the double pivot being Dembele-Sandro, I can only see Holtby playing two different positions that are realistic. The middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, and behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1. Now both of these are positions that Dempsey plays in, and Sigurdsson can play in as well.

I think Holtby is potentially better than both- from what I've heard of him. I haven't seen much but when I have I've been impressed. He wants to come here in a starting role and those are the only 2 positions I see him playing unless he wants a bit part role rotating with Dembele-Sandro. The problem is, we have 2 players capable of playing that role who we signed this summer- Dempsey and Sigurdsson.

I think we messed up a bit. We got 2 good players in Dempsey and Sigurdsson, but both play similar roles...and neither are really world class in it. I think we probably should have only signed one of them, and then signed a world class player to fill in VDV's spot- which neither Dempsey nor Siggy has done so far. And unless Dempsey and Siggy step it up, I don't see either being world class there, although they have been good recently.

The problem this creates is that I see one of them leaving sometime in the next year or so, even after we just signed them this summer.

The jury is out on Holtby. I think he's a great player we can get for cheap, but what I hear is his wages are a problem, and we have players already playing in his position.

I like him, but I'm not sure it's the best decision when you look at all the factors.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:27 am

CBarca, I know Villa won't go... Just a rumour Razz
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:49 am

Uncanny wrote:id like to see nani come to spurs, would hate to see bale leave, but understand it. Also can't see snieijder come in at all...

Uncanny I love your avatar, kudos mate.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:44 am

CBarca wrote:As a Barca fan and you too Sanchez, you should be cautious about this rumor. I don't think David Villa is going anywhere, and I think if he did, it would not be to Tottenham or Arsenal. I think he'd prefer going somewhere where he has also been linked- Juventus.

But I don't think Villa is going anywhere, the media are linking him with everybody.

Yes we have.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/holtby-favours-switch-to-tottenham-8436198.html

My question is...my knowledge of Holtby is limited, but doesn't he play as the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1? And I don't think he could play as a striker, as he is a midfielder- with our main pairing being Dembele-Sandro in the 4-4-2 and the double pivot being Dembele-Sandro, I can only see Holtby playing two different positions that are realistic. The middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, and behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1. Now both of these are positions that Dempsey plays in, and Sigurdsson can play in as well.

I think Holtby is potentially better than both- from what I've heard of him. I haven't seen much but when I have I've been impressed. He wants to come here in a starting role and those are the only 2 positions I see him playing unless he wants a bit part role rotating with Dembele-Sandro. The problem is, we have 2 players capable of playing that role who we signed this summer- Dempsey and Sigurdsson.

I think we messed up a bit. We got 2 good players in Dempsey and Sigurdsson, but both play similar roles...and neither are really world class in it. I think we probably should have only signed one of them, and then signed a world class player to fill in VDV's spot- which neither Dempsey nor Siggy has done so far. And unless Dempsey and Siggy step it up, I don't see either being world class there, although they have been good recently.

The problem this creates is that I see one of them leaving sometime in the next year or so, even after we just signed them this summer.

The jury is out on Holtby. I think he's a great player we can get for cheap, but what I hear is his wages are a problem, and we have players already playing in his position.

I like him, but I'm not sure it's the best decision when you look at all the factors.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Dempsey moved on in a season and even if he doesnt he certainly wont be starting many games. It is hard to see how he will keep up his current level of performance. Would make an excellent squad player if he stays sharp. Though i think the signing of Holtby could be the end of him
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Looks like we're favorites to get him on a pre-contract agreement. Nice!

While I may have written that long post about him maybe not being the best signing, I talked with some people in the general section and was persuaded this would be a bargain.

While I still have reservations about having all of Siggy, Dempsey and Holtby here at Tottenham (and I think if he arrives one of Siggy or Dempsey will probably leave, on loan or sold), I think we really should be aiming for the best players. And it seems like this guy is no doubt not only a top player, but young too. If that does mean at the expense of a player we just bought, so be it- that may be a mistake of Tottenham's, but I think getting Holtby is the way to go now.

Who of Dempsey or Sig goes I'm not sure, but Dempsey could still be a useful utility player. Can play as striker, behind the striker, and out wide even. I'm not sure that is the role he would like though. Siggy however is young and may not want to sit behind Holtby- this could be another problem. We'll see what happens I guess- given this pre-contract agreement does go through.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Holtby joining in July.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/holtby-to-join-in-july-04012013.page?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:51 pm

what can be said about holtby is that his playstyle should fit well into the EPL. i don't see him as a talent with the potential of götze/özil/kroos/etc., but if he starts to work on himself consistently, then he can be a great player to have.

while he was often used as a CM in the beginning, schalke played him as a CAM in the last two years. his statistics belittle his influence on the game quite a bit, since he mostly does not give as many direct assits as you would expect it from a traditional playmaker. he digs deep and is quite crafty on the ball to keep posession. basically, he is some kind of CM/CAM hybrid with more of a focus on regulating the flow and speed of the game. eventhough he is relatively small, he is physically strong and should have no problem with the standard of the EPL in that regard.

the downside is that he is a douche, apparently. on the pitch he often seems overconfident and gets too casual after a few good games. off the pitch he also seems overconfident and made the news with his ridiculous wage demands - but good on him if that became a reality for him now.

all in all a good transfer that should already pay of in the short-mid term. especially since a bit of pressure is taken off him with the missing transfer fee.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Well it's official now.

I'll wait until I can actually watch him more and I'll wait until he actually starts playing for us, but right now this looks a lot like a steal and a bargain.

This brightens up my day! cheers

Now I question the future of Dempsey/Siggy though hmm
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 pm

We also got former Man U youth product Ezekiel Fryers. Signed for about 900k pounds apparently. He's a LB and was training with us this summer before signing with Liege, and now he's coming back home.

Fergie is outraged Laughing

Fergie calls for PL to investigate Fryers' move to Tottenham

The 20-year-old looked set to join Spurs when his contract at Old Trafford expired on June 30 but the two clubs were unable to agree a compensation package.

Fryers instead moved to Liege on a two-year deal, meaning compensation did not have to be paid to United, and ended his spell in Belgium to sign for Tottenham on Thursday.

But Sir Alex believes the transfer has Spurs chairman Daniel Levy's fingerprints "all over it" and has called for the player's registration to be looked into.

"How would you put it? To me, I think it's a blatant manipulation of the rules," he told MUTV.

The United boss added: "I think the league should look into it.

"I think the registration should be stopped until they investigate it thoroughly. There's bound to be a trail, either mobile phones or e-mails, that could give you the full story of it.

"I must say I'm disappointed in Tottenham. For whatever reason, a club that size has decided to go down this route. I'm disappointed."

Fryers initially joined up with Spurs on trial after his contract at United came to an end, even taking part in a pre-season training camp in Portugal.

Sir Alex added: "We knew immediately and suspected that he would return to Tottenham in January and that's happened. It's a Daniel Levy deal. You know, it's his fingerprints all over it. It's the kind of thing we expected he was going to do."
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:20 am

Daniel Levy :bow:
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:34 pm

nh01 wrote:Daniel Levy :bow:

He's right when this has Levy all over it. Levy ffs :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:11 am

There is no doubt AVB has a serious eye for talent, and with Levy as his chief negotiator I am very excited about the prospects of how Spurs will build themselves into a championship contending squad the right way.

The only thing is I wish Juan Mata would of waited to join AVB this season at Spurs and not have slummed it at Chelsea.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:14 am

He would have been amazing in this Spurs team.

Hopefully we have someone who can be our Mata in Holtby. He's certainly young and talented enough and any player who was able to rip Arsenal a new one like he did will be a great Spurs player IMO. Holtby- certified Arsenal killer. I like it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next