Motogp69
Kaladin
nh01
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Transfer News - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer News

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:30 am

Tottenham are confident of completing a move for Schalke midfielder Lewis Holtby in the coming days — six months ahead of schedule.

The original agreement was for the Germany international to join at the end of the season when his contract at the Bundesliga club expires, meaning Schalke would receive no fee.

It was announced last month that Holtby had signed a five-year deal at White Hart Lane which would start in the summer. However, the knee injury to Sandro that threatens to end his season early has forced Spurs into a rethink and talks with Holtby are thought to be at an advanced stage.

Sources in Germany believe the deal could even be completed by the weekend, with Spurs paying a comparatively small fee to secure the player immediately. The willingness on both sides to negotiate means the transfer could, in theory, be finalised before the Premier League’s registration deadline of midday tomorrow, which would enable Holtby to make his Tottenham debut against Manchester United on Sunday.

It appears more likely, however, that the 22-year-old’s first appearance for Spurs would be in the FA Cup fourth-round tie at Leeds United on January 27. Either way, he will be forced to abandon Schalke’s Champions League campaign.

Although Holtby’s best position is as a central attacking midfielder operating behind a lone forward — the role Clint Dempsey would fulfil in a 4-2-3-1 at Spurs — he has been used as one of the holding pair during his career in Germany, where he has also played for Alemannia Aachen, Bochum and Mainz.

While Holtby is still not considered physically strong enough to be a regular midfield anchor, he does, at least, have some knowledge of the position.

Without Sandro, who faces a significant spell on the sidelines, Spurs head coach Andre Villas-Boas was keen to improve his midfield immediately and the club started work on the deal to bring in Holtby as soon as they became aware of the severity of the Brazilian’s injury.

Sandro was pictured on his Twitter account yesterday with his right leg almost entirely encased in plaster. He damaged his knee in Saturday’s goalless draw at QPR.

Before Sandro’s setback, Villas-Boas had been willing to let both Tom Huddlestone and Jake Livermore leave the club but only one is now likely to depart, with QPR still chasing a loan deal for Livermore.

Source

This is great news and it needs to happen.

Why?

Take a look at this picture from Sandro recently on twitter/instagram.

http://instagram.com/p/UjU3LJuakt/

I'm NOT putting up with more Huddlestone this season. OK Brave Scotty Parker is alright (and would start ahead of Huddlestone) but I've never been a big fan and Holtby is 100x the player Brave Scotty Parker will ever be.

HOLTBY IN JANUARY GETT IIINNNNNNN

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:56 pm

I think we need Holtby, just because I would like more attacking options for our 4/2/3/1, but will he do anything to relieve the pressure for Sandro? They don't exactly play the same position.

I figured it would be more a Brave Scotty Parker/Livermore defensive pairing. However, I will say that as non-excited as you are with the idea of Huddlestone, he is pretty good on free-kicks and dead ball situations which we aren't exactly getting the most of right now.

We need Moutinho before the end of this window. AVB, make it so...
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Holtby plays in behind the striker for Schalke, but he has been known (last season especially) to be able to play as one of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1, and can play a CM position to great effect.

I haven't watched him too much but from what I've seen from him (youtube Laughing) he's a good tackler, and is not at all bad defensively. He's quite good, actually.

I think we'll miss Sandro a lot, but I think if we can play Dembele-Holtby, together they can do the defensive work well enough, as both are not shoddy defensively. Both are great all around players to be honest.

Of course this means that one will have to stay a bit farther back and one roam forward (it used to be Sandro staying farther back). I assume Dembele may have to take a role dropping a bit deeper back if Holtby were to arrive and play a CM position.

Moutinho is NOT happening in January. I'm sure of it.

Brave Scotty Parker-Livermore partnership makes me want to commit suicide Laughing

Livermore will probably go anyway and Brave Scotty Parker is a headless chicken despite all of his defensive qualities.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:57 am

Holtby was great in their match todya against Hannover has one of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1.

2 assists and a goal i think
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Yep I heard that too, 2 assists and a goal, very nice I'll have to watch the highlights.

As said, he can certainly play in both positions.

About Moutinho: rumor is that Porto don't want to sell in January unless the buyout clause (31 million pounds i think) is met, and Levy isn't willing to pay that. Which is good.

We'll have to wait until next summer if he has a chance of coming.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:22 pm

Tottenham Hotspur transfer news: Louis Nicollin only wants to sell Spurs Younes Behanda target to English & German clubs

Not sure we need him, but he is pretty versatile just like Dempsey, so I wouldn't mind signing him up. Either way, I'm never one to turn down a high-value prospect.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:33 pm

Tottenham Hotspur join M’Vila race

Crazy how quick your stock can fall, M'Vila was the best thing since sliced bread going into Euro 2010, but then got injured in the last friendly and has seen his stock slide ever since. I'd gladly pick him up on the cheap, sounds like a good bit of business for Levy if he can make it happen.

Although the latest has M'Vila going to Russia.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:35 pm

uventus Confident Of Beating Arsenal & Tottenham Hotspur In Race For Llorente

While there are so few "world class" forwards out there, I'm not sure I rate Llorente enough, though he has to be better than Ade. Personally, I would prefer Cavani, though I know he's way outside our price range. Levy work your magic.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Tottenham Hotspur enter Gary Hooper race?

I am always wary of any talent coming from the SPL, but Hooper has been getting a lot of press lately. I've seen him play a few times and I was not impressed. I hope this doesn't pan out.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Belhanda...boo. We have enough players in the midfield, especially if Holtby comes. Which he is, be it now or later.

M'Vila for 8 million pounds? No thanks. How much has he played in the last couple years? Plus he's a nutter and again, we have enough midfield strength. Just cause Sandro is out doesn't mean we have to go crazy looking for new players- we really only need Holtby.

Llorente is a player I've seen a lot of for obvious reasons. He's world class and he's good enough to wreck the Premier League with Spurs, as long as he has creative players behind him. He's technically skilled, can hold the ball up, strong, tall, a good header, and a good finisher. He's really a better version of Ade, and a much better finisher (Ade's finishing is quite woeful really). He is not coming to Spurs however- he wouldn't come here especially when he can have the likes of Juventus looking for him (which is where I think he'll go).

Hooper here is the only one that makes sense and is worthy of an article. However, I have not seen much of him, and I don't think he is the caliber of striker we need. If we're getting a striker, let's get one who has proven he can score goals and is better than what we currently have. We need a top striker- Hooper, for his young age and talent, is not there.

None of these stories are convincing. The only convincing story is Tottenham working on getting Holtby in January- which I'm sure is pretty much where Levy is concentrating his efforts.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 pm

A pretty interesting blog article on how we could use the impending fire sale at Valencia to our benefit.

Valencia's impending fire sale could benefit Tottenham Hotspur
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:28 pm

At this rate I think Levy is waiting for some last second high quality bargains. Not surprising, the dude doesn't seem to sweat the transfer market.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Yeah, typical Levy stuff really. Transfer deadline day is better than sex for him.

The only player there that interests me is Soldado. He's someone I have forgotten about really. I think he's an interesting prospect. He's not the big, Damiao type striker we've been looking at...he's more like Defoe, but more capable of holding the ball up, heading, and of course, finishing.

I'm not sure what price Valencia would ask for, but if it's something not too ridiculous, then I think we should take a serious look at it. I'd prefer someone top class but sometimes that's not possible, and Soldado is a mere step below top class really.

But that's the problem- Valencia won't let him go cheap, and I think we'll be priced out of a move.

Fair enough. Onto the next.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:19 am

Such a boring window, last few days im sure will be filled with moments of magic though
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:07 pm

It always is with Levy.

To be honest I expect us to get Holtby. Apparently we keep bidding and they just want more. This is where Levy is best. He'll just keep upping the bid little by little and eventually on transfer deadline day or near it, they'll accept or Levy will pay up.

Reason why I think we'll get Holtby is like I said- we want him this January- we've been bidding, it's just a matter of time before one is accepted. I highly doubt Levy and Schalke won't be able to reach an agreement.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Heldt is in London to finalize the deal, Holtby will move to Spurs in January.

Looks like Holtby is going to be a Spur by this time next week.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:39 am

Official: Holtby joining Spurs now, not in the Summer.

Tottenham have agreed a deal with Schalke to sign Lewis Holtby this week, the Premier League club have confirmed.

The Germany international had already agreed to join Spurs when his contract with the Bundesliga club expired in the summer.

But Spurs have brokered a deal believed to be worth around £1.5m to push through the signing before the window closes on Thursday.

A statement on the Spurs website read: "We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Schalke for the immediate transfer of Lewis Holtby.

"The Germany Under-21 captain, who had already agreed terms to join the Club this coming summer, has made 27 appearances for the Bundesliga side this season scoring four times.

"Capped on three occasions by the senior German national side, the versatile midfielder joined Schalke in 2009 from Alemannia Aachen and was loaned out to Bochum and Mainz prior to making his breakthrough with the Gelsenkirchen-based club.

"Lewis has made 160 appearances in his career to date, scoring 29 times."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:58 pm

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:bow: :bow: :bow:

banana banana banana

drinking Chaka

Holtby Proud

SAVE US HOLTBY Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:52 pm

Spurs to try for Leandro or Negredo tomorrow
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm

I have a feeling we are going to end up with Negredo
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Pls no.

Damiao or nada
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:55 pm

I agree, but I still think we end up with Negredo as the short term solution until Damaio arrives in the Summer.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:39 am

Buy Negredo only to bench him come next season?

I don't think so, and Levy isn't willing to spend the money to get Negredo now and Damiao in the summer if that is what we are doing. That's like, 30 million pounds total, and then we have Ade and Defoe on top of that.

If Negredo comes, we are not getting Leandro.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:51 pm

Well that was anti-climatic, I thought no Damaio, no Negredo, and I thought we were the club that supposedly triggered Diame's release clause.

In the end we sent out more than we brought in.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 pm

Sent out deadwood, got in Holtby. A good window IMO. Only thing we could have done better was get a striker, which obviously failed.

Couldn't follow deadline day cause of school but I saw the Spurs after Damiao and I got all excited.

Got home and it was closed, read Levy put in a 13.3 million pound bid or something. That's just poor. That's never going to run.

Hopefully we'll get him in the summer. We'll just have to hope to hell Defoe finds his shooting boots and Dempsey/Bale do too. Maybe Holtby can chip in as well
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3