Motogp69
Kaladin
nh01
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Transfer News - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer News

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:14 am

He would have been amazing in this Spurs team.

Hopefully we have someone who can be our Mata in Holtby. He's certainly young and talented enough and any player who was able to rip Arsenal a new one like he did will be a great Spurs player IMO. Holtby- certified Arsenal killer. I like it.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:24 am

Looks like we're trying to land Damiao.

Really, really hoping this happens.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:31 am

CBarca wrote:Looks like we're trying to land Damiao.

Sound Overrated IMO
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:38 am

Better than Torres Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:03 pm

nh01 wrote:

Sound Overrated IMO

With us being after him for quite a while now, and AVB knowing him quite well due to being in South America after he was sacked at Chelsea (actually scouting several players, among them Oscar and Daimiao, which is why we were interested in Oscar), I'm confident he isn't overrated and a very good striker.

AVB knows his sh*t and Tottenham have been after him for a long time so I trust he's a great player.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Tottenham might be tempted into buying Holtby this January for 2 million euros according to Bild. What do you guys think?

I'm a bit on edge but I've changed my opinion to being fairly positive about this. I think it's worth it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:52 am

I think it's worth it. When we progress farther and farther in the EPL, Europa Cup, and the FA Cup it'll be good to have the depth.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:17 am

CBarca wrote:
nh01 wrote:

Sound Overrated IMO

With us being after him for quite a while now, and AVB knowing him quite well due to being in South America after he was sacked at Chelsea (actually scouting several players, among them Oscar and Daimiao, which is why we were interested in Oscar), I'm confident he isn't overrated and a very good striker.

AVB knows his sh*t and Tottenham have been after him for a long time so I trust he's a great player.

What you say is true, trust in AVB is needed
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:21 am

How can someone be overrated if nobody rates him?He's a decent striker and would probably do well for you guys.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:44 am

I don't think he would work well with Adebayor or Defoe besides him...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:46 am

He's not going to be too much different than how the Ade-Defoe set up currently works.

He'd be fine with Defoe. I think he would be fine with Ade too as Ade drops deeper typically and helps with build up play, this allows for Damiao to stay up top and look for incoming crosses or to hold up the ball and play it back to Ade/Holtby who puts it out wide or something.

I guess I don't really see why they'd be incompatible, rather than explaining why each may be compatible
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:34 am

Take this as you will, it is from lol.com

Breaking the Mould: Tottenham target Damiao not your typical Brazilian striker

If Brazil is a country known, perhaps stereotypically, for strikers of immense individual ability and flair, then Internacional striker Leandro Damiao goes against the grain somewhat.

The imposing forward plays as if he had been born and trained across the Atlantic Ocean in Europe, but he still possesses that showman's streak frequently associated with the Samba nation.

It is part of what makes him so appealing to European clubs such as Tottenham Hotspur, Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus, and it is an understandable motive. But it is his strength of character that should be noted as it has been integral to his rapid and intense progression.

His extremely high work ethic has seen him become a starting striker for the Brazilian national team, and on his current form it is a position he could well fill when they host the World Cup in 2014.

While other promising youngsters, such as Neymar, Ganso and Lucas Moura, made their names at the more prestigious academies of Brazilian football, Damiao has taken a far more arduous path to the upper echelons of the Brasileiro.

A late bloomer, Damiao suffered regular rejections as he chased his dreams in the early stages of his career in rural Brazil. Playing as a midfielder, his talents were not recognised until a positional switch to his current centre-forward role secured a temporary contract with minnows Atletico Tubarao. From there he earned a chance with, and secured a move to, Santa Catarina side Atletico Ibirama, who had previously turned him away.

His impressive form was finally picked up on by one of the nation's top clubs in Internacional in 2010. After initially being taken on loan, the Colorado acquired his rights having witnessed his potential first hand during first-team appearances in the Campeonato Gaucho, which included a debut brace against Ypiranga Erechim at the age of 20.

From then on, Damiao has been on an upward trend and he also scored in the final of the Copa Libertadores the same year as Inter won the trophy for just the second time in their history.

But it was 2011 that would truly serve as Damiao's breakthrough period. After a disappointing Copa America, the national team was in need of new blood and, with the striker in the midst of a season that would see him score 38 goals in 51 games for his club, he provided an ideal fresh option.

Despite having made his debut against Scotland as a replacement for the injured Alexandre Pato in March of 2011, Damiao soon became part of the bigger picture.

LEANDRO DAMIAO
STRIKER | INTERNACIONAL

2012 SEASON CLUB STATS
Appearances 33
Goals 18
Assists 6
INTERNATIONAL FILE
Brazil debut v Scotland (Mar 2011)
Caps 17
Goals 8

The 23-year-old may not be the archetypal Brazilian centre-forward, but this is what has been so influential in his commandeering of the national team's attack. At over six feet tall he provides a physical focal point, something which the Selecao lacked at the Copa America, and his impressive aerial game allows for diversity in the play. But he is more than just a target man; Damiao is a predator.

There are few in Brazil who are as lethal as he inside the box. His physical nature allows him to welcome the ball under pressure and he also has the technique to create space and shoot. He acts on instinct and can score goals of any kind, from acrobatic bicycle kicks to poacher's efforts.

However, he is not one to create for his team and instead he waits on others to make chances for him. He does not drop deep to get involved and thus can go missing for large parts of a match. This will not be accepted in Europe and he will be expected to up his work rate and contribute more to the team going forward.

Questions had been raised on his back-to-goal game but he has improved that drastically this year and is now capable of drawing in and involving team-mates around him.

Damiao's form was contentious in the warm-up friendlies before the Olympic Games and led to questions as to whether he should retain his starting berth. However, he dispersed all doubts over his ability in London with six goals in five appearances as the Canarinho reached the final, only to suffer a shock loss to Mexico. The fact that he kept Pato on the bench shows just how highly rated he is.

The 23-year-old has the physique, technique and goal-scoring ability to succeed in Europe but he will not come cheap. The progression he has made over the last two years is tantamount to his determination and desire to become the best he can be.

Potential suitors should not be put off by a large transfer fee: they could well be purchasing Brazil's starting striker for the 2014 World Cup.

I only get more excited about the prospect of Damiao the more I read about him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:40 am

CB Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:24 am

I really wish this was a Spurs transfer rumor, because I think he would be wasted at West Ham. Zusi would be the perfect challenger to Lennon on the right.

Graham Zusi on official trial at West Ham
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:29 am

Would be awesome to see another American at Tottenham, but I don't think he's good enough to challenge Lennon. Perhaps it's good he's going to a team like West Ham.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:04 am

If this was last season I would probably agree, but when I look at the right side of the pitch I just keep thinking who we could get to challenge Lennon and Walker on the right. Perhaps not to replace them, but to make them work harder, or at least make them know that their positions in the starting XI are not guaranteed.

As to Graham, and I will note I am extremely biased as I know Graham's family really well, I think he will become the second most important player to the U.S. National Team after Bradley. I have no idea how he's stayed in the MLS this long, but no matter where he ends up he will be very successful. I just wish it wasn't West Ham, especially now that they signed Cole. Next great American to Fulham? I wish Swansea or Wigan.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:12 am

He's very good, I agree.

But I'd rather see Graham starting week in week out with a team like Wigan or West Ham (I hope not them tbh though) or a similar team, rather than on the bench for us. I don't see him benching Lennon. Hopefully Naughton will challenge Walker, though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:55 pm

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas believes it is unlikely that the club will sign Leandro Damiao or another striker in January.

Villas-Boas faces the prospect of negotiating most of the month with just one out-and-out senior striker, after Emmanuel Adebayor decided to play for Togo at the forthcoming African Cup of Nations.

Speculation in recent days has been rife that the north London club will look to sign long-time target Damiao to bolster the attacking ranks, but Villas-Boas believes any transfer activity is unlikely.

Instead, the Portuguese will rely on Jermain Defoe and the versatile Clint Dempsey - just as he did when Adebayor was out through injury earlier in the campaign.

"I don't think so," Villas-Boas said, when asked if Adebayor's absence would lead Spurs to buy a striker.
"We have been pretty happy with the team and what we have, with the options that we have.

"We understand that we can put ourselves in a difficult position if we do not add one more striker, if one of the striker gets injured between Jermain Defoe and Clint Dempsey.

"But we've been in this situation before when Ade was injured and we managed to go through it. It's difficult but it is not that great an amount of time that we lose Ade for."

The former Chelsea boss refused to comment on widespread reports that he and the club are unhappy with Adebayor's decision to represent his country at the tournament in South Africa.

The former Arsenal and Manchester City forward is set to miss a potentially vital home Premier League game against Manchester United.
Villas-Boas added: "Of course we lose him for a couple of important games, but I think we are able to cope with it."

Damiao's club Internacional had earlier confirmed that at least one Premier League side had shown interest in the striker, although a deal in January would require a 'spectacular offer'.

"There have been some offers from Premier League clubs, but we have not yet decided what will happen with Damiao," club president Giovanni Luigi said. "It will be very difficult for something to happen in January unless we have a spectacular offer."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:23 am

Grrr....

If not now then I hope for it to happen in the summer. Being left with just Defoe is a big risk and we need Dempsey, Bale and Lennon to be able to chip in with goals as much as possible. Defoe pls go back to earlier form.

In other news, this time about Willian.

Shakhtar Donetsk's Brazilian star Willian is interested in a move to the Premier League within the next six months.

The 24-year-old attacking midfielder was wanted by Andre Villas-Boas during the Portuguese's brief tenure as Chelsea boss, but a transfer to Stamford Bridge two summers ago failed to materialise.

Willian has remained with the upwardly-moving Ukrainian club, making more than 150 appearances since 2007, and was part of the side that knocked Chelsea out of the Champions League last month.

With the January transfer window open, Villas-Boas, now head coach at Tottenham Hotspur, is again being linked with the former Corinthians man, while Chelsea remain keen on the player along with their London rivals Arsenal and Premier League leaders Manchester United.

And Willian, speaking exclusively in the February 2013 issue of FourFourTwo, out now, says he is ready to move away from Eastern Europe and test himself in England.

"Oh, I want to. I hope so. I hope to move there. Maybe next season, or even this month, but it's difficult to say anything because I'm totally focused on my work here, and I prefer not to lose my grip. Who knows, maybe I'll get offers not only from clubs in England but teams from other countries too. Let's see what happens.

"I think I could well be playing there [Chelsea] with [compatriot] Oscar, but I'm trying to concentrate on my game at Shakhtar and forget about the offers."

Willian, who joined Shakhtar for $19 million on a five-year contract in 2007 and has gone on to win four Ukrainian Premier League titles, the Ukrainian Cup on three occasions as well as the UEFA Cup, has also distanced himself from claims by Donetsk team-mate and ex-Arsenal goal-getter Eduardo that there are only three English clubs 'good enough' for Willian: Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

"Absolutely not. Tottenham are a big team with a great structure and great players too. I would rate them with Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United."

That last part looks like a stunningly beautiful naked woman to me, personally. Willian pls have my babies :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:27 pm

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Liverpool-FC-target-Son-Heung-Min-wanted-by-Tottenham-201301140017/

Son Heung Min. I heard about this earlier and I'm not sure if it's true or not.

He could do wonders in the Asian market especially if he becomes quite good, but he's not the top level striker we're looking for, so I don't agree with this deal, even if for just 8 million pounds.

We should not look for cheap deals. I know Levy likes bargains but the missing key in this team is a creative player (who we are getting in Holtby) and a striker. A top striker is what we need and I think we should be spending in excess of 15 million or even 20 million pounds for one.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 am

United and Spurs keen on Christian Eriksen

Not a bad idea given that he can play on the left and right, though I've primarily seen him play center right for Ajax.

Hopefully, with all these options we can finally jettison the 4-4-2 once we get a world class forward.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 am

Spurs in if for Willian

There is no doubt AVB has an eye for talent, but with a squad so full of play makers, where will they all play? I am starting to believe that players like Sigi and Dempsey might get pushed out of the squad. The second half of the season is going to be big for all players currently in the squad.

Still need a world class striker, and more depth in the back line, preferably at LB.

Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:27 am

Tottenham set for talks over £12million Alvaro Negredo swoop

I have no idea to his quality, but we need better options up front. Anyone have any thoughts on this potential transfer?

I apologize if some of these links aren't good sources, there are so many rumors in soccer that it's hard to consider any source reliable.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:42 am

Out of those three I'm only interested in Willian to be honest.

Negredo is decent but he's not the striker we need IMO. And Eriksen is a great talent who I'd love to have, but with Holtby coming in that ship has now sailed.

We're not getting Willian in January. I could only hope it happens in the summer, and I don't see him coming in unless Bale leaves. I think right now Spurs are putting Moutinho as #1 and and Damiao and Willian as #2.

I don't think we'll get anyone in the January transfer window, but you never know until deadline day with Levy.

Also, as long as there are some to talk about, I don't mind Moto. We need more conversation around here!!!!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:47 am

Apparently Sandro is undergoing a knee operation. Not much more detail known than that.

Please someone bring Holtby in ASAP now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:30 am

Tottenham are confident of completing a move for Schalke midfielder Lewis Holtby in the coming days — six months ahead of schedule.

The original agreement was for the Germany international to join at the end of the season when his contract at the Bundesliga club expires, meaning Schalke would receive no fee.

It was announced last month that Holtby had signed a five-year deal at White Hart Lane which would start in the summer. However, the knee injury to Sandro that threatens to end his season early has forced Spurs into a rethink and talks with Holtby are thought to be at an advanced stage.

Sources in Germany believe the deal could even be completed by the weekend, with Spurs paying a comparatively small fee to secure the player immediately. The willingness on both sides to negotiate means the transfer could, in theory, be finalised before the Premier League’s registration deadline of midday tomorrow, which would enable Holtby to make his Tottenham debut against Manchester United on Sunday.

It appears more likely, however, that the 22-year-old’s first appearance for Spurs would be in the FA Cup fourth-round tie at Leeds United on January 27. Either way, he will be forced to abandon Schalke’s Champions League campaign.

Although Holtby’s best position is as a central attacking midfielder operating behind a lone forward — the role Clint Dempsey would fulfil in a 4-2-3-1 at Spurs — he has been used as one of the holding pair during his career in Germany, where he has also played for Alemannia Aachen, Bochum and Mainz.

While Holtby is still not considered physically strong enough to be a regular midfield anchor, he does, at least, have some knowledge of the position.

Without Sandro, who faces a significant spell on the sidelines, Spurs head coach Andre Villas-Boas was keen to improve his midfield immediately and the club started work on the deal to bring in Holtby as soon as they became aware of the severity of the Brazilian’s injury.

Sandro was pictured on his Twitter account yesterday with his right leg almost entirely encased in plaster. He damaged his knee in Saturday’s goalless draw at QPR.

Before Sandro’s setback, Villas-Boas had been willing to let both Tom Huddlestone and Jake Livermore leave the club but only one is now likely to depart, with QPR still chasing a loan deal for Livermore.

Source

This is great news and it needs to happen.

Why?

Take a look at this picture from Sandro recently on twitter/instagram.

http://instagram.com/p/UjU3LJuakt/

I'm NOT putting up with more Huddlestone this season. OK Brave Scotty Parker is alright (and would start ahead of Huddlestone) but I've never been a big fan and Holtby is 100x the player Brave Scotty Parker will ever be.

HOLTBY IN JANUARY GETT IIINNNNNNN
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next