Tomwin Lannister
S
DeviAngel
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Changes should we make Empty What Changes should we make

Post by DeviAngel Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:28 pm

What changes should we made in order to get this section more active, organised, and more fun place ?

My idea would be games Smile ?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

What Changes should we make Empty Re: What Changes should we make

Post by S Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:08 pm

You know my opinion on this Devi.I'm calling for an organized forum for a while now.

And when i mean organized i dont like transfer rumors which is for me the biggest issue of the forum especially the non-credible ones made into separate threads.But thats just me.

Also the football-italia articles as well i mean you know there is no need for littering the section with such pointless threads instead it could all be put into one thread and name it as 'Juve Press Stop' or something of that sort.

I have created a loan-co own watch thread to keep track of our youngsters' performances yet people are barely using it and choosing to make separate threads for that purpose as well..You can take stricter action perhaps and move those posts into a single thread in this case loan-co-own thread ?.Just saying.

Besides when i choose to create hypothetical topics for example 'Juve Champions League thread' or 'Who is the best player of the season' thread etc ,there's so many threads posted on one page that my topics are lost in a matter of hours and no one will be able to comment on it.These are all the problems i'm expressing Devi ,i hope you dont take it as offense.Smile

Its not necessary to implement my changes ,but here's how i would like the Juve forum to be:

-First and foremost a separate transfer rumors thread.(name it as you wish)..All the less credible rumors can be posted in one single thread but for example if the player is close to signing for us,a separate thread can always be created.

-Another separate thread for all the usual football-italia articles ,interviews of managers,coaches,players,stadium related articles/reports etc and name it as 'Juventus Press Stop'(well this is my suggestion).

-I like the Juve memories thread you created,maybe you can make it the official off-topic thread of this section too discussing our problems with each other,sharing things etc,discussing tactics related and so on.

-Another separate thread by the name of 'Juventus Video Central'..For posting videos of every matchday highlights,interviews,compilations of players and so on.

-I hope my co-own/loan thread is regularly used as well..Maybe you can it the 'official youth thread' or Baby Juventini(lol) or whatever.

I hope all this are stickied..If you lay down the rules strictly i'd assume all people here would play accordingly as well.Just my opinion Devi.Although i feel the biggest issues posters face here they dont seem to recognized 'stickied threads' which makes it difficult to post but i believe with time i think posters here can adjust just my gut feeling.

-Also definitely endorse the idea of a Juventus prediction thread for predicting weekly scores like every section have although this doesnt need to be stickied.

At the end of the day i want all to feel content and happy about this place,no hard feelings against anyone.I would help you in any way in regards to organization of this place for a neat ,systematic and fun forum.Cheers mate ! Smile
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:16 pm

Since many psoters here don't like the separate rumors and not posting them in the section, we can create thread sticky jsut for BS rumors and for the real ones and serious ones they can be posted on the section. The point of Juve memorios is pictures and Videos from winning scudetto, cup, ucl , great games and so on. The Formation/Tactics was thread were the video and line up's will go for the next games and the games can be discussed. Cheers and well done for the Loan thread I love it.

I am going to give serious thout on Juve press-room thing but we don't want to many stciky.

Now this is just idea now lets hear what others have to say about this
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:22 pm

The only problem with seperate rumours is that you have like 5 or 6 conversations at one time on one thread, even though the forum is less cluttered the thread is a bit of a mess. Bearing in mind you could miss rumours which would be lost in the pages of conversation.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:31 pm

TomJuve wrote:The only problem with seperate rumours is that you have like 5 or 6 conversations at one time on one thread, even though the forum is less cluttered the thread is a bit of a mess. Bearing in mind you could miss rumours which would be lost in the pages of conversation.

True , any other idea tom Smile ? what to change
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:36 pm

I agree with you about not having too many sticky threads.

But atleast i hope all those unneeded football-italia articles are posted in one thread-The Juve press stop thread like i suggested.

Also some name suggestions to your current stickied threads.

To rename Juventus section HQ to- The Juventus Lounge for all off topic purposes ,discussing about game's tactics etc.Also i feel player twitter profile dont need a separate sticky thread,you can post all that content into this Juventus Lounge thread itself imo.

Last edited by Surag on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:38 pm

TomJuve wrote:The only problem with seperate rumours is that you have like 5 or 6 conversations at one time on one thread, even though the forum is less cluttered the thread is a bit of a mess. Bearing in mind you could miss rumours which would be lost in the pages of conversation.

Tom the Arsenal and Milan sections have managed it with resounding success i say why we cant ?Besides 80% of the rumors posted here are BS..I'e always said that if the rumor is credible and trustworthy another separate thread can be created..What say ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Threads like these for example.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t26972-maradona-juve-and-cavani

http://www.goallegacy.net/t26998-amelia-juve-will-have-ups-and-downs

http://www.goallegacy.net/t26973-agnelli-juve-best-is-yet-to-come

http://www.goallegacy.net/t26984-buffon-what-a-splendid-2012

http://www.goallegacy.net/t26942-montella-on-juve-el-shaarawy-totti

http://www.goallegacy.net/t26910-bendtner-to-the-doctors-i-want-to-give-all-to-juventus-i-am-still-useful

http://www.goallegacy.net/t26927-ancelotti-juve-strength-of-italy

See these are mostly FI related articles which involves mostly coaches/players opinions/interviews.Which are pretty pointless topics of discussion in my opinion and it belongs in one single thread imo.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:46 pm

Some good ideas here.

One thing i would say is that you don't necessarily have to sticky a thread. For example a Transfer thread will always be on the top anyways because it gets updated a lot. And people shouldn't miss the new stuff as long as they press the latest post icon and it just takes them to the latest unread post.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:Some good ideas here.

One thing i would say is that you don't necessarily have to sticky a thread. For example a Transfer thread will always be on the top anyways because it gets updated a lot. And people shouldn't miss the new stuff as long as they press the latest post icon and it just takes them to the latest unread post.

Agreed RG.I think Arsenal section is the best example to follow(lol)..Just my perspective on this.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:52 pm

Keep it up guys I want to see all ideas, all proposals and so on do it Very Happy

fantastic job so far
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:56 pm

One more suggestion Devi..Whenever we have concrete transfer targets in this case Llorente and Peluso we can make a separate player thread for them regardless of the topic title and post all the latest transfer updates involving them in one thread itself ? Another way of not unnecessarily cluttering the board imo.

For example you made this thread a while ago:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t27007-tuttosport-peluso-is-juventino

Which is a credible rumor..Then you created another thread above it which is more or less the same rumor.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t27009-peluso-will-arrive-at-vinovo-on-wednesday ..Instead you could've posted it in the thread you created earlier itself(i.e the tuttosport thread)..Just elucidating an instance.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:04 pm

Surag wrote:One more suggestion Devi..Whenever we have concrete transfer targets in this case Llorente and Peluso we can make a separate player thread for them regardless of the topic title and post all the latest transfer updates involving them in one thread itself ? Another way of not unnecessarily cluttering the board imo.

For example you made this thread a while ago:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t27007-tuttosport-peluso-is-juventino

Which is a credible rumor..Then you created another thread above it which is more or less the same rumor.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t27009-peluso-will-arrive-at-vinovo-on-wednesday ..Instead you could've posted it in the thread you created earlier itself(i.e the tuttosport thread)..Just elucidating an instance.

true Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:22 pm

Sticky thread proposals from my side:

-Loan-Co-own watch thread title changed to:Juventini Youth Watch

-Juventus HQ section thread title changed to: The official Juventus Lounge

-Juventus Memories thread title changed to : Relive Juventus

-La Nouva Famiglia thread to remain as it is.

Un-Sticky threads:
Juventus transfer rumors (Shall i go ahead and make one then Devi ?)

Juventus press stop

What say Devi ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:36 pm

Let's hear all sides first mate Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:00 am

I like the forum the way it is! The news has always been posted in a new thread it makes it easier to just see what's new as its at the top. The other way you have to read through everything which takes too much time tbh! Only thing I would like changed is to see some of the old guard and great posters back from the goal.com forums! Other than the forum is great!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:51 am

I have an idea.

> Some people don't want every transfer rumor with its own thread.

> Others don't want all the transfer rumors in one big thread.

As a form of compromise, how about we put all the transfer rumors of every week in one thread?

For example:

Transfer rumors 31/12/2012 - 6/1/2013

^ All the transfer rumors of that week go into that thread.

That way, we:

- Avoid cluttering one thread with all the transfer rumors.

- Avoid giving every transfer rumor its own dedicated thread.

What do you think?

P.S. This does not only apply to transfer rumors. We could also have: "Players & Staff Interviews 31/12/2012 - 6/1/2013", for example.

This also should not apply to everything. Every match commentary discussion should have its own thread, and every breaking new story should have its own thread. I am only encouraging this system for the two most common types of threads we have, transfer rumors and player+staff interviews.

If we use this, it would go a long way to organize our forum A LOT.

7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:57 am

Just to add another example, for clarity:

Buffon: 'What a splendid 2012'

Maradona: 'Juve and Cavani...'

Mourinho : ' I fear Juventus'

Amelia: Juve will have ups and downs

Platini: 'Stadiums are a problem'

All these threads should go into the "Player & Staff Interviews 29/12/2012 - 4/1/2013" thread.

Tuttosport : ' Peluso is Juventino '

Madrid consider Conte as Coach

I'm leaving Athletic Bilbao, confirms Llorente

Marotta is trying to sign Peluso. One of Boakye or Gabbiadini will replace Bendtner

B.NEWS : Jovetic drops Juventus hint

All of THESE threads go into the "Transfer Rumors 29/12/2012 - 4/1/2013" thread.

Last edited by 7amood11 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:57 am

We should definitly have a Juve youngsters/ loan thread, and possibly an ex-Juve sticky. We should try and eliminate the waste from footballitalia posts like Surag said.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:50 am

I would prefer no changes. I hate sticky threads for the reason Tom already stated. It really doesn't bother me to have lots of threads. If you don't want to read them, then ignore those threads. It's not difficult. No one is forcing anyone to read every thread.

Also, people don't comment on some threads you talk about, Surag, because people find the hypothetical debates to be pointless or not interesting. But if i dont want to add to those threads,i just ignore them. We shouldn't abolish certain types of threads because some people don't like reading them.

Personally, I come here to get news and debate actual Juve issues. If you make the forum more difficult for those purposes, I'll use the forum much less. But obviously I'm just one person. I like the forum as it is, which is why I chose this forum over other Juve forums.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DreadAndrea Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:03 am

I love how this forum is cause its the best layout of all forums one can easy see news here so i see no point in making it difficult for all lurkers and others with sticky threads and strange rules for posting.

love the work devi is doing and all his post keep it up cheers

DreadAndrea
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:16 am

Good ideas from Momo..We should definitely consider that for the transfer rumors thread as there so many rumors flying around.

Have the thread title as : Transfer rumors of the week and include the dates in the description.

As for the football-italia articles ,there are barely any posts on such threads i mean if you look down you would understand what i'm saying..Those links i have posted above all have 0 posts.So i feel it wouldnt hurt if you dedicate one thread just for that.

I have already suggested before that lets not sticky those threads..Is that cool ?I mean the less the cluttering of the board, the more convenient it becomes to post in a single thread as such type of threads wont get lost with lesser threads created.

@Juventude maybe you are talking from your perspective mate as i assume you just prefer to read the news and the rumors..Look at the Rival Watch thread for example which has collected over 200 posts..Although everytime i have used the search option to bump it, as it gets lost through hoards of threads being posted here.

And for example if a create a thread such as 'who is your favorite player ' i'm sure we're bound to get a lot of replies.Just explaining an instance.Or a Juve score prediction thread for example as well.I'm sure many people would be interested Juventude maybe its just you.I wanted to start a scouting thread too but i always felt that it would get lost as per usual here.

Look i have nothing against your ideas mate i just dont want this to become a glorified garbage dump of news and rumors which is what it currently is sadly if i am honest.Youre the elderly guy here along with Inder so i can see where you guys are coming from though.

If the majority prefer it this way then i give up..I've tried convincing more than once but i guess it wouldnt suffice.

Last edited by Surag on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:23 am

I would suggest but Surag took the words out of my mouth.

Stick to what Surag suggested and this section will be magic again.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:24 pm

am with Juventude here, I think the forum is fine the way it is, easy and accessible, its hard to follow up on these transfer rumors cos one person posts a transfer rumor story, there are 15 follow up comments on them then a new story, I come back from class/work, try following up, it gets annoying and irritating especially cos of the time difference, since most of you are in Europe/Middle-East/Asia, by my free time it would be night time in your areas and then a lot would have passed already,

I personally think the forum is fine this way....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:25 pm

am with Juventude here, I think the forum is fine the way it is, easy and accessible, its hard to follow up on these transfer rumors cos one person posts a transfer rumor story, there are 15 follow up comments on them then a new story, I come back from class/work, try following up, it gets annoying and irritating especially cos of the time difference, since most of you are in Europe/Middle-East/Asia, by my free time it would be night time in your areas and then a lot would have passed already,

I personally think the forum is fine this way....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: