eelir
chinomaster182
Kaladin
Art Morte
Nirgall
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Messi made the ballon d'or boring... Empty Messi made the ballon d'or boring...

Post by Nirgall Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:14 am

Two days for the ceremony and the forum doesn't give a shit. I can't see threads being made and nobody is arguing about anything. I'm a fan of Messi, but it's dissapointing to see how the situation has become. No debate, no spirit, just passive acceptance that he is going to win it. I wish there was more competition. Some people may argue that the Messi vs Ronaldo discussions were tiresome, but at least there were some discussion. Now nobody cares, things are set in stone and here things are so boring here that my grades are actually going up dramatically. Bad times Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Messi made the ballon d'or boring... Empty Re: Messi made the ballon d'or boring...

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:34 am

Look at it this way: There will be an absolute sh**storm here if Messi doesn't win it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Messi made the ballon d'or boring... Empty Re: Messi made the ballon d'or boring...

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:50 am

Art Morte wrote:Look at it this way: There will be an absolute sh**storm here if Messi doesn't win it.

rofl
True enough Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:00 am

Either way I loose. I want him to win and I want it to be entertaining. but in reality if he wins it'll be boring, and if he loosses It'll be entertaining, but not to me...
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:11 am

Think of it this other way, he is day by day making a case that he is the best player to ever practice the sport.

You might one day be bragging to your grandchildren on how you saw Lionel Messi in his prime.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:12 am

It is not his fault he is so good that no one even comes close to him Razz
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:20 am

chinomaster182 wrote:Think of it this other way, he is day by day making a case that he is the best player to ever practice the sport.

You might one day be bragging to your grandchildren on how you saw Lionel Messi in his prime.

I live in china and have managed to convince some people around me that he is my brother. So I've done more than my fairshare of bragging as it's expected from a family member Twisted Evil
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:45 am

ballon was always boring for me tbh i dont care what they say and who they decide to be player of the season, as it usually doesnt consult the factors i for one deem important

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:16 am

The only major flaw in system for this award is that it should be given position wise, at least GK, DF, MF and ATT.

Last edited by eelir on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:18 am

eelir wrote:The only major law in system for this award is that it should be given position wise, at least GK, DF, MF and ATT.
That. It is a screaming injustice that GKs usually get overlooked for the more flashy players upfront. No
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:20 am

rwo power wrote:
eelir wrote:The only major law in system for this award is that it should be given position wise, at least GK, DF, MF and ATT.
That. It is a screaming injustice that GKs usually get overlooked for the more flashy players upfront. No

Isn't there already a team of the year which is basically the same thing? Or is the idea to remove the BPITW award so that it doesn't overshadow the rest?

Because I think, unfair as it can be, the BPITW in the world is way more exciting than the team of the year awards.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:31 am

I wholeheartedly agree with you mate. There were many defenders, midfielders and even goalkeepers that deserved that award
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Nirgall wrote:Isn't there already a team of the year which is basically the same thing? Or is the idea to remove the BPITW award so that it doesn't overshadow the rest?

Because I think, unfair as it can be, the BPITW in the world is way more exciting than the team of the year awards.
Well, for me it is unfair that only flashy players normally get into the top lists of the BPotW award, while the art of defensing or goalkeeping doesn't seem to be acknowledged at all. Why should someone who scores goals be considered better than someone who is top-top in hindering people to do right that? If a goal scorer squanders half of the chances he has while a goal keeper makes 75% saves and only lets 25% through, wouldn't that mean that the GK is in fact better? banana
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 pm

rwo power wrote:
Nirgall wrote:Isn't there already a team of the year which is basically the same thing? Or is the idea to remove the BPITW award so that it doesn't overshadow the rest?

Well, for me it is unfair that only flashy players normally get into the top lists of the BPotW award, while the art of defensing or goalkeeping doesn't seem to be acknowledged at all. Why should someone who scores goals be considered better than someone who is top-top in hindering people to do right that? If a goal scorer squanders half of the chances he has while a goal keeper makes 75% saves and only lets 25% through, wouldn't that mean that the GK is in fact better? banana

Football is a form of entertainment. It makes sense that those that provide the most excitement get the most reckognition. The problem is that people see this award as the best player of the world when it should be the most popular player in the world. Which sounds less fancy but it's really what it is all about.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:24 pm

Maybe there's just a lack of elite players? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:43 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Maybe there's just a lack of elite players? hmm

No. Messi is just too good and beyond elite.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:07 pm

He is great. The best of this generation without a doubt, but the lack of great defenders is seen. If he would have played in the 90's in Italy he wouldn't have scored this much, and dribble with so ease.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:08 pm

likeastar wrote:He is great. The best of this generation without a doubt, but the lack of great defenders is seen. If he would have played in the 90's in Italy he wouldn't have scored this much, and dribble with so ease.

Well he could have been at maradonna's level wich is well enough ..

Also i don't think that defenders in pele's time were specially great.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Bénin wrote:
likeastar wrote:He is great. The best of this generation without a doubt, but the lack of great defenders is seen. If he would have played in the 90's in Italy he wouldn't have scored this much, and dribble with so ease.

Well he could have been at maradonna's level wich is well enough ..

Also i don't think that defenders in pele's time were specially great.

But even if the defenders weren't as great, the players didn't have the same conditions they have today. It was as hard to play, maybe even harder, in Di Stefano's time for example.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:25 pm

I was going to ignore your post but now your just talking rubbish.

Harder in the old days? Where they used to drink and smoke all the time, had no idea about fitness and conditioning?

Think logically.

Todays players are better prepared and better conditioned than ever before.

And defending? Teams dont score any more often now than other generations. What your saying dont make sense.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Comparing players from different eras is asinine.

Just sit back and enjoy what Messi is doing in this era.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:35 pm

[/quote]

But even if the defenders weren't as great, the players didn't have the same conditions they have today. It was as hard to play, maybe even harder, in Di Stefano's time for example.[/quote]

Well nowadays defenders are better tactically . The '' standard defender '' today is better because he learn how to play tactically at young age.
If the players don't have the same conditions, don't you think it applies for the defenders as well ? just look at the EPL : Many defenders there became pro because of there physical condition rather than being really good
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Messi is not a goat without a World Cup trophy.

Discuss!
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 pm

highburied wrote:Messi is not a goat without a World Cup trophy.

Discuss!

Why do you even bother... :facepalm:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:19 pm

It's not his fault he's so much better than everyone else. He's obviously going to win it but it's not about being exciting anyway. Its about the the best player getting rewarded for being the best.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next